As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: This is apparently the NOT buggy version of the patch.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kay wrote: »
    Rend wrote: »
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Played with a Fizz mid last night. Jungler kept invading my wraiths and stuff, and I politely pointed out that if he got a ward or two to help out, it might net him some kills and gank protection.

"lol get your own wards"

Fucking people who play this game expect everyone else to do everything so they can just worry about pwning.

"Janna we need more wards"
    "I've already bought like 6, and it's only 10 minutes in. You need to buy wards too."
    "Then why have I not seen any"
    "Because you're not paying attention. Now go buy some wards."
    "lol support buys wards"

Welp
    What are you talking about? Only the jungler and support buy wards, the AD Carry just farms all game and expects you to fill them up on HP/Mana constantly, that's what you're there for!

Early game the AD carry can not carry wards. That's fine. After you start putting shit together everyone needs to buy wards. I honestly don't know how people got this far without warding like a madman. When I was level 18 I was fucking warding both sides of the river as solo mid.

If you have the money for a ward or two when you return from base, you should buy them, it's simple as that. It's not going to noticeably slow down your build, and if a ward gets you a kill, prevents you from getting ganked, or prevents counterjungling, it's more than paid for itself. If people realize you're diligent about warding, they're going to stop trying to gank you. Or they'll spend money on Oracle's, and then you've set THEM behind a lot.

As a jungler, I really appreciate good warding. "Oh, he's getting ready to gank mid? Let's turn the tables," or "Oh, he's up top? I'll go counterjungle the bottom then."

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    It doesn't happen often at my hidden elo/elo/whatever, but when I see a top lane ask the jungle or bot support to ward for him, it's the biggest "wut" I can imagine.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, I know. It was sarcasm.

If I'm mid or top, I buy at least one ward on my first base. If I'm AD Bot, I tend to buy wards after I have a BF Sword/Vamp Scepter or 2-3 Dorans+Vamp Scepter.

Jungle... I buy wards sort of sporadically, I need to get a better feel for when and where to put them when jungling, but it's so dependant on who you are jungling -as- and who you are jungling -against- that I don't have a solid handle on it yet.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I even use my heal, as AD carry, to save my support's life. Is that wrong of me? I think the most exploitation I ever do to my support is to murder my enemies when they jump on him/her.

I think it mostly roots in me disliking bot lane and passionately hating support. For myself, I want to suffer as little as possible while down there and it's generally possible to tell when your support is someone who doesn't want to be there and is just trying to make the most of it. Me being a selfish bastard is not going to help either of us, so I might as well be nice about it and lessen the pain. Then maybe karma will be good to me and let me top/jungle the next game.

And I played Lulu the other day with a Trist who didn't know her burst. No Trist, me hitting MF with lv1 q is not a sign for you to go balls deep. It's called harass. I do it so you can farm. Y U NO FARM!? So then I just farmed. Lulu is ok, I guess. She's cute to play, but I didn't take to her.

I forget to buy wards all the time! I've leveled 'Forget to ward' to 5 and left it there.

MrGrimoire on
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i feel like i'm playing in some kind of bizarro 1300-1400 elo bracket where nobody rages, people buy wards, everyone calmly discusses their picks and roles in champion select, and people are good sports about losing and winning

i feel sorry for you guys

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I want to play mid more, because I think it's what I'm best at. However, apparently everyone feels this way and since I'm last pick 90% of the time I almost always end up playing support or AD. As a result I often spend the whole game making this face :?

My favorite part of last pick is saying "hey guys, I'm best with mid/jungle but will play wherever I guess" having people say "no one cares what you think last pick, you take what's left," and then getting raged at when I'm not pro at whatever role they decide to stick me in.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    i feel like i'm playing in some kind of bizarro 1300-1400 elo bracket where nobody rages, people buy wards, everyone calmly discusses their picks and roles in champion select, and people are good sports about losing and winning

i feel sorry for you guys

This is where I am in my normal draft games. There's the occasional retard or rager, but it's mostly nice people who'd like to win. Except I think I'm in the 1000 ELO brakcet version, as everyone forgets wards all the time. (My retardation is contagious.)

• Options
    I want to play mid more, because I think it's what I'm best at. However, apparently everyone feels this way and since I'm last pick 90% of the time I almost always end up playing support or AD. As a result I spend the whole game making this face :?

My favorite part of last pick is saying "hey guys, I'm best with mid/jungle but will play wherever I guess" having people say "no one cares what you think last pick, you take what's left," and then getting raged at when I'm not pro at whatever role they decide to stick me in.

I don't mind supporting when I'm last pick, it's a risk I accepted when clicking play. But when people say stuff like that, I'll break out the troll supports, because then they deserve them. (Only had one guy like that in forever, though.)

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I just got an email!
    can u make a league of legend plugin like u made wow plugin
    i will pay u

Err, okay?

I'm guessing he wants a forum plugin that lets you link/tooltip items and spells. I made the one for WoW for MyBB.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    most importantly, he will pay u

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    I am last pick about 90% of my solo que, 7% 4th pick, 2% 3rd pick, 0.9% 2nd and 0.00000000001% first pick. It's a big surprise when someone above me picks a support and I can play other roles.

• Options
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    I want to play mid more, because I think it's what I'm best at. However, apparently everyone feels this way and since I'm last pick 90% of the time I almost always end up playing support or AD. As a result I spend the whole game making this face :?

I don't mind supporting when I'm last pick, it's a risk I accepted when clicking play. But when people say stuff like that, I'll break out the troll supports, because then they deserve them. (Only had one guy like that in forever, though.)

I don't really mind support, it's just a role that's never clicked with me. It's mostly the combination of being shoved into a role and then criticized for not exceeding expectations that gets to me. Of course, that happens no matter where you play.

The other thing I find is that more than any other role, it seems like when you're support people are even more inclined to tell you which champ to play, what summoners to take, and how to build. It's a little grating.

• Options

oops money order over can u send me back the diff

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

which is weird to me because I always think support and jungle should be the roles locked down first, even if just to trade them to someone else.

on the other hand, solo queue.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular

to make plugin for league of legend

• Options

which is weird to me because I always think support and jungle should be the roles locked down first, even if just to trade them to someone else.

no way man, you gotta first pick insta-lock your AP mid so the enemy team knows exactly who to counter you with

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Next time I bother with ranked and need me on support, I'll just run AP Janna.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options

no way man, you gotta first pick insta-lock your AP mid so the enemy team knows exactly who to counter you with

but the answer is always kassadin

• Options
    Really want to see a Hecarim Spotlight so I can buy Hecarim so I can GO FAST.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    randuin's+ghostblade+shurelia's best combo

like the fuckin matrix

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »

to make plugin for league of legend

there is a heaven for penises, and he will take you there.

• Options
    Looking into it briefly, I don't see any proper database site that will let me query based on name, which makes those kinds of plugins less useful.

[ability]90 Caliber Net[/ability] works a lot better than [ability]342[/ability]

That and there isn't a third-party site library to hook into so you'd have to rip the code and styles manually and hope they don't break constantly.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    I will run Jungle Hecarim 0/21/9 with MS Quints. 9.5% bonus speed, boots+3, and I'll start the game by running to the enemy Nexus and 1v5'ing their whole team.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    It might be everyone's job to ward, but supports that don't even ward bot make me rage so hard.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    It might be everyone's job to ward, but supports that don't even ward bot make me rage so hard.

My favorite is when you see the supports that buy wards (I guess because it was in the guide they're referencing) but then never get around to placing them.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Or lanes that cry for jungle ganks and never bother to tell you where the wards are.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Sorry Abdul but I don't think I want your money that badly.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »

oops money order over can u send me back the diff

Infy you are the beast programmer...

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular

I had an ali today (I was cait ofc) who didn't ward, spammed heals on our creeps and AOEs on theirs, and didn't buy any GP5s. It was a little frustrating!

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I think there is some hidden magic that I have forgotten over the ages.

Camera movement with the mouse seems very awkward and unresponsive since I came back. Also: New/Updated/Nerfed/Buffed Summoner Spells: FUUUUUUUUUU.

Priest on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Flash is still the best for most people, and heal is a thing on AD carries and some supports.

There, new summoners explained.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Flash is still the best for most people, and heal is a thing on AD carries and some supports.

There, new summoners explained.

I know, but I miss exhaust (Edit: useful Exhuast) :( And flash range feels so short now!

Priest on
  • Options
    Yeah, took a while to get used to the new flash. And exhaust is still in the game, the only removed one is rally, which was replaced by surge.

Surge is useful for some characters. Like Kayle. And Kayle. And possibly... Kayle.

• Options
    I see Surge Kog'Maw a lot.

Next week free champs;

•Galio
    •Morgana
    •Dr.Mundo
    •Viktor
    •Poppy
    •Skarner
    •Alistar
    •Kogmaw
    •Teemo
    •Heimerdinger

Poppy, Skarner... and a newly buffed Teemo. Prepare for Teemo in every game, gents.

• Options
    heal on ads? Hmm how should I know if heal is the spell for me when I AD? I generally sivir or vayne in that role. Is heal for me then?

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Priest wrote: »
    I think there is some hidden magic that I have forgotten over the ages.

Camera movement with the mouse seems very awkward and unresponsive since I came back. Also: New/Updated/Nerfed/Buffed Summoner Spells: FUUUUUUUUUU.

Every time I experience that it turns out Razer uninstalled my mouse drivers to update them.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Oh hey, I tried reading all of the patch notes between August and here, but they were very long, and I got bored reading every champ note.

What was their solution for broken stealth? They did that temp fix where they got like 10 sec stealth or whatnot, I forget. So basically Twitch, Eve, probably not Shaco, but maybe, dunno.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    heal on ads? Hmm how should I know if heal is the spell for me when I AD? I generally sivir or vayne in that role. Is heal for me then?

Heal is for when you want a safe laning phase pretty much, since most of the time you don't even want to be close enough to exhaust someone.

And priest, stealth. They haven't done anything about it yet. Eve is really bad, twitch is situational on people not understanding how easy he is to kill and shaco is permaban status due to being annoying as hell in pubs.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Yeah, took a while to get used to the new flash. And exhaust is still in the game, the only removed one is rally, which was replaced by surge.

Surge is useful for some characters. Like Kayle. And Kayle. And possibly... Kayle.

Cho! Teemo. Dunno who else off the top of my head.

Initiate, I generally take Exhaust on Vayne since you have a bunch of escapes and you need it for that one fight every game where you tell the opposing team's carry that they're obsolete and can just go away now.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Priest wrote: »
    Oh hey, I tried reading all of the patch notes between August and here, but they were very long, and I got bored reading every champ note.

What was their solution for broken stealth? They did that temp fix where they got like 10 sec stealth or whatnot, I forget. So basically Twitch, Eve, probably not Shaco, but maybe, dunno.

Eve's nerfed into the ground and Twitch is... Twitch. Best played as a jungler.

This discussion has been closed.