Options

Thunder and [chat]

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I like Bill Maher. His show is funny and his panels are interesting.

funny like a hot fire poker in the balls

interesting like being tied to a fire ant mound and covered in honey

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

This is like when em stops by and is like: "So I was listening to Rush this morning and he said..."

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    :shock:
    for realz?
    Probably not in D&D. We have a known anti-weeaboo bias.
    wat

Plenty of anime-watchers here. Just no topic allowed because some idiots think it's ok to watch (and then post) the creepy side of NSFW anime and post screenies of it on the forum.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

yeah maybe marriage was overboard but I agree with him on like 95% of what he says and I think he's funny and I like his guests

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Vaccination is something only people with no real concerns could get worked up about.

Or

you know

fear of their children getting Polio

Maybe I'm wording it wrong: The ardent anti-vaxxers apparently have nothing better to worry about than a vague correlation between autism and vaccination.

You know what, I'd rather have a kid with autism than a kid with a coffin. I'm careful of expressing this belief however, in case it sounds like I agree with their central premise.

Anti vaxxers are horrible people who should have their children taken away for child abuse.

Or you know, kids should have to get vaccines regardless of the homeopathic bullshit their parents buy into.

Oh dear. We're fantasizing about Big Government breaking families up and making children wards of the State. Yep, it's a Monday on the PA boards.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Bill Maher doesn't believe in the germ theory of disease.

I don't care who he is, that's a dealbreaker.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Vaccination is something only people with no real concerns could get worked up about.

Or

you know

Maybe I'm wording it wrong: The ardent anti-vaxxers apparently have nothing better to worry about than a vague correlation between autism and vaccination.

You know what, I'd rather have a kid with autism than a kid with a coffin. I'm careful of expressing this belief however, in case it sounds like I agree with their central premise.

Anti vaxxers are horrible people who should have their children taken away for child abuse.

Or you know, kids should have to get vaccines regardless of the homeopathic bullshit their parents buy into.

Oh dear. We're fantasizing about Big Government breaking families up and making children wards of the State. Yep, it's a Monday on the PA boards.

fry.PNG?1307468855

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Apparently a device called the HDHomerun will do what I want but it's expensive as fuck.

• Options

Or

you know

That's Big Government I can get behind.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Apparently a device called the HDHomerun will do what I want but it's expensive as fuck.

http://www.silicondust.com/products/hdhomerun/atsc/

You know, I'm reading this and wondering what functionality that even offers that you couldn't get from a 20-buck combo TV tuner card on eBay.

• Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    i just dislike bill maher because he is a smug, self-righteous asshole with stupid hair and bad jokes

has nothing to do with his politicals

You're just jealous of his back-blasted mane of steel and argent. You secretly pray you can one day have hair like that.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

I don't think I have any one thing that would make me dismiss the entirety of a person's output

I've never seen him talk about this on his show (admittedly I don't watch that often) but it's not like it gets in the way of anything else.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »

I don't think I have any one thing that would make me dismiss the entirety of a person's output

I've never seen him talk about this on his show (admittedly I don't watch that often) but it's not like it gets in the way of anything else.

He hasn't really talked about the vaccine issue in years, but he does nibble around the edges as a strong advocate of single payer.

• Options

You know, I'm reading this and wondering what functionality that even offers that you couldn't get from a 20-buck combo TV tuner card on eBay.

Easy streaming to an iPad.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2012
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Also Renegade is the best TV show ever made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F_Tk3Ep8oU

it is literally impossible to be more 90s than this

i am utterly convinced that 90% of today's trenchcoat-obsessed nerds watched this as a kid

it is definitely why I take breaks to pour water on myself

Jacobkosh on
  • Options

I'm almost positive there are free software solutions that will allow you to do exactly this, provided the iPad is connected via Wifi on your home network.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Or

you know

Do you understand how herd immunity works? Or how we had almost eliminated a bunch of childhood diseases but now they're coming back because morons don't inoculate their kids?

It's a simple fix for me, ban home schooling and require all students to get immunizations to attend school. Two birds with one stone.

Also, related to this discussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ZZTjChW4o

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

I have difficulty believing he actually said this.

• Options

I'm almost positive there are free software solutions that will allow you to do exactly this, provided the iPad is connected via Wifi on your home network.

I've been looking and this is the first solution I found that doesn't involve a complicated setup.

• Options
    Variable wrote: »

He hasn't really talked about the vaccine issue in years, but he does nibble around the edges as a strong advocate of single payer.

Well, "rage media" is something I'm generally coasting down from. It began with me cutting myself off - as effectively as possible - from Fairfax media and "serious" political commentary shows, but it's progressed to losing general interest in The Daily Show and Colbert, which is kind of a loss.

I'm less and less convinced that being "engaged" with politics is actually helpful.

• Options

I've been looking and this is the first solution I found that doesn't involve a complicated setup.

Well, you've already sort of honed in on the defining aspect of the free vs. the canned hardware approaches. It's like, how do you feel about installing and configuring 4-5 different software suites instead of just hooking up a box and powering it on?

I get where you're coming from. How you want to solve the problem and how spendy you're willing to be is totally up to you.

• Options
    TomeWyrm wrote: »
    i just dislike bill maher because he is a smug, self-righteous asshole with stupid hair and bad jokes

has nothing to do with his politicals

You're just jealous of his back-blasted mane of steel and argent. You secretly pray you can one day have hair like that.

its true

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I also want to add that interoperability between media center software and drivers is never a given, either. Sometimes something *should* work on paper or according to an internet howto, but it just doesn't work in execution for whatever reason.

So there's also a question of how you feel about experimenting for sometimes months on end before you reach a solution that actually works?

e: me talk pretty good

Form of Monkey! on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Abd self ban?

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Abd self ban?

He was banging on about taking a break this morning, so yeah.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I made a spinach and feta cheese pie today and oh god so yummy

• Options

Well, you've already sort of honed in on the defining aspect of the free vs. the canned hardware approaches. It's like, how do you feel about installing and configuring 4-5 different software suites instead of just hooking up a box and powering it on?

I get where you're coming from. How you want to solve the problem and how spendy you're willing to be is totally up to you.

I think it's going to be expensive whichever way I do it. I have to buy an antenna and a tv tuner card both of which can be pretty expensive if you get good ones. Then you have to find an unknown configuration of software that will accept the tuner input and stream it to an app on my iPad that supports it.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Abd self ban?

Yeah, I guess there was some personal shit which had him in a bad mood, which then led to one of those bad joke -> insulted 3rd party -> double-down situations.

I'm compiling a list of Norway slams for when he comes back in June.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2012
    Echo wrote: »
    Do you know what... fwet kash means?

DJCONCLAVETO
    NIGHTBRINGSE
    KEYMADOULE

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular

I got fed home-made pies this weekend and it has made me want to finally try out pastry makings myself. Has ye a recipe?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Cheese ... pie?

That sounds terrible.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Nice!

I made spinach feta hummus for a party yesterday.

Ladies.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I have difficulty believing he actually said this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Maher#Health_care

That's the condensed list. It's kind of goosey, so I just accept the fact that I disagree with him on medicine most of the time.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options

I think it's going to be expensive whichever way I do it. I have to buy an antenna and a tv tuner card both of which can be pretty expensive if you get good ones. Then you have to find an unknown configuration of software that will accept the tuner input and stream it to an app on my iPad that supports it.

For streaming to an iPad I'm pretty sure you just buy AirTunes. Or jailbreak that bitch and install VLC and use it like any other computing device that isn't artificially gimped (this isn't an Apple dig - the whole tablet/smartphone environment in general seems full of bullshit limitations that mostly service someone's bottom line).

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    It's a simple fix for me, ban home schooling and require all students to get immunizations to attend school. Two birds with one stone.

Ugh. Ugh.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

Here's a good start on cost-cutting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw

I made one myself and it outperforms a powered Radio Shack antenna purchased from a store. Although if you live in a rural or suburban area far from the nearest towers, then you will need to mount a big-ass antenna in your attic or on your roof. DIY options can't help you there, but reception maps on the web and nearby home improvement stores can.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Like most panel shows, Bill Maher is pretty hit-and-miss.

But he's frequently entertaining, so on the whole, :bz.

That is a bee giving a thumbs-up.

Thanatos on
  • Options

For streaming to an iPad I'm pretty sure you just buy AirTunes. Or jailbreak that bitch and install VLC and use it like any other computing device that isn't artificially gimped (this isn't an Apple dig - the whole tablet/smartphone environment in general seems full of bullshit limitations that mostly service someone's bottom line).

There just isn't enough storage on even the high end iPad to make VLC an attractive option.

Transcoding / streaming is the way you do it on a tablet, and the best solution for (jailbroken) iPads out there right now is XBMC. That shit is amazing.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Abd self ban?

Yeah, I guess there was some personal shit which had him in a bad mood, which then led to one of those bad joke -> insulted 3rd party -> double-down situations.

I'm compiling a list of Norway slams for when he comes back in June.

Is that what it was? I saw him say something about being gone till June or something and thought he was just busy or what not. Guess that'll teach me to look at past pages. :P

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    syndalis wrote: »
    Transcoding / streaming is the way you do it on a tablet, and the best solution for (jailbroken) iPads out there right now is XBMC. That shit is amazing.

I think my buddy is using Plex. Made me want an iPad at any rate.

This discussion has been closed.