Options

You are now free to move about the Cabin in the Woods

1234568»

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    HellaJeff wrote: »
    You had to go in with nothing

I feel like saying stuff like this is kind of counter intuitive because then, even involuntarily, you're building it up to be a little bigger than it is. This isn't a movie that doesn't work if you know the twists and turns the story takes.

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    I saw it in theaters knowing the gist of the plot already and I still thought it was pretty great.

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I didn't know anything about the movie until my husband said one day that we should see it. Movies tend to stay off my radar, especially horror ones. I didn't even know that you weren't supposed to know anything about it gong into it until after the movie.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    the only thing I knew about this movie was 'horror' and 'knowing it's horror is probably too much'

it blew me right the hell away

I should probably buy this Bluray

also, assuming I marathon it

should I watch Dollhouse?

YaYa on
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I'd say all you should know going in is that it's a movie that is good for fans of the genre. Which could mean a couple of things, so it's a pretty safe thing to tell someone.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I really don't think knowing it's a horror film is too much

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    the only thing I knew about this movie was 'horror' and 'knowing it's horror is probably too much'

Eh.

It's got some pretty good episodes and some incredibly weak ones.

Enver Gjokaj and Fran Kranz kill when they're on screen, but Eliza Dushku is mediocre to bad as the lead. First season slowly builds from shit to actively good, but second season is more up and down.

Still, it's a helluva showcase for Gjokaj. He's got Gary Olman++ range.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    I watched this last night and liked it a bunch, and also I want to talk about it which is always a pretty good sign of a quality product, I guess! Anyways, Fran Kranz was not the best part of the movie (that's probably Bradley Whitford or Richard Jenkins if we're just going on an acting scale) mostly because his uh, stoner voice? I dunno if that's how he normally talks, but anyways, kinda grating, especially right at the beginning.

Also, as far as references
    It's cool that they had some Left4Dead stuff in there, video games have had some real neat (and kinda iconic) horror stuff in their history, so it's nice to see even one game get a nod. Also! I am 100% convinced that the giant hand coming out of the ground at the end is a Carrie reference. PROVE ME WRONG.

you're probably right actually

hadn't even thought of that

also the best part of the movie was the fucking bong

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    That spoiler Geebs put about the ending makes so much sense.

Also, I loved Kranz in this movie. I don't know if I'd say he was the best part of the film, because there were so many great parts, but yeah, I loved every scene with him.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    like deliberate or not that's pretty blatant

good eye

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular

if you are looking to get into more Whedon stuff that is easily the weakest of his tv shows

so, probably not?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Blankzilla wrote: »

well that would help explain the boomer cameo

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I finally watched this movie
    having that "Purge" button by the elevators sure seems like it was a bad idea

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Just saw this the other day. I'm not usually one to gush over hot chicks in movies but god damn blonde chick. God damn.

The movie itself was NOTHING like what I expected, but I really enjoyed it. We need more movies that are this intelligent and self-aware. It really felt like the Watchmen of horror movies, at the risk of sounding like a total douche.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    That blonde girl was a Power Ranger

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    That blonde girl was a Power Ranger

Then it has come full circle. You have been replaced, Amy Jo-kun

Though to be fair Amy Jo Johnson went on to be a hard-nosed TV cop instead of slutting the fuck out in a horror movie

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    So everyone I know who saw this said it was fucking incredible.

Do you guys also think that it was incredible?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I saw it recently and it is great fun.

It could have used a tad more subtly here and there though. THAT IS ALL

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Fun fact: besides tone, tucker and dale vs evil shares another similarity with this movie: it also has a power ranger alum

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    So everyone I know who saw this said it was fucking incredible.

Do you guys also think that it was incredible?

Yes.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Just saw this a week or two ago and it was pretty great. Also, I liked how the bad guy from Billy Madison was in it.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Bought this last night. Was awesome.
    Thought the Ancient One would be a tentacle monster, but having it be humanoid was cool shit

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular

i definitely can't think of a time when a button like that would be helpful

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    When you want to destroy the world it seems cool.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Not even a tiny hidden button

But a big red button right in the middle of everything

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Eh.

It's got some pretty good episodes and some incredibly weak ones.

Enver Gjokaj and Fran Kranz kill when they're on screen, but Eliza Dushku is mediocre to bad as the lead. First season slowly builds from shit to actively good, but second season is more up and down.

Still, it's a helluva showcase for Gjokaj. He's got Gary Olman++ range.

Enver Gjokaj as Fran Kranz is the best thing.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    RubberAC wrote: »

i definitely can't think of a time when a button like that would be helpful
    Yeah, the whole time I was thinking: "Why? Why would you ever make a button like that?"

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Nice necropost! Seven months!

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I approve.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    thank god you the thread was revived with such a new and interesting and refreshing opinion that isn't shared by every single person that saw this movie

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I actually jut rewatched Cabin the other day. Then I rewatched Tucker & Dale. An afternoon well spent.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan