As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I have a horrible confession to make...

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    @World as Myth I have a confession. The other day at a bar I went two guys were watching you youtubes behind me, and I was all "I know that girl. I use to play WoW with her." then they asked me for your number and I felt weird and was like "I don't know her that well" while leaving out the implied "and if I did I would certainly not be doing that anyway"

ahahaha

great. thank you for not giving them my number.

true facts: the youtube comments on your stuff always enraged me because your commentary was genuinely interesting & insightful & i knew they would eventually drive you away or do something idiotic

and so it came to pass. it's okay, though. the last thing the internet needs is another person trying to talk about their own stupid opinions

If that was correct Ori wouldn't be giving a voice to all sorts of stupid opinions with his site

there's a whole spectrum of difference between karl's site and my dumb show, let's not insult the man

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I felt bad laughing at the silly faces Kate made when youtube paused the show to buffer.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    World as Myth I have a confession. The other day at a bar I went two guys were watching you youtubes behind me, and I was all "I know that girl. I use to play WoW with her." then they asked me for your number and I felt weird and was like "I don't know her that well" while leaving out the implied "and if I did I would certainly not be doing that anyway"

ahahaha

true facts: the youtube comments on your stuff always enraged me because your commentary was genuinely interesting & insightful & i knew they would eventually drive you away or do something idiotic

and so it came to pass. it's okay, though. the last thing the internet needs is another person trying to talk about their own stupid opinions

no that is incorrect

I should've just not read my comments, but I could not help it
    solution: better commenters

which i have helpfully provided

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    I felt bad laughing at the silly faces Kate made when youtube paused the show to buffer.

don't feel bad, everyone did

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    @World as Myth I have a confession. The other day at a bar I went two guys were watching you youtubes behind me, and I was all "I know that girl. I use to play WoW with her." then they asked me for your number and I felt weird and was like "I don't know her that well" while leaving out the implied "and if I did I would certainly not be doing that anyway"

ahahaha

If that was correct Ori wouldn't be giving a voice to all sorts of stupid opinions with his site

there's a whole spectrum of difference between karl's site and my dumb show, let's not insult the man

you say that like i wouldn't love to have you around on it

i mean really

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular

ahahaha

no that is incorrect
    i agree with this!

cuz a shegeek got linked here, you were doing some kind of giveaway i forget for what now

and i was like man this is good and i went through a big handful of ones you'd done

see the thing that separates you from some random jagoff with a webcam is that you were doing A Thing

not trying to be the next kingsley or jenna marbles, trying to be wacky for a little internet fame, you were talking about things that interested you and you did it intelligently

you said funny, interesting things, and you brought up lots of points i agreed with, and i enjoyed the show

it is absolutely a shame you had to go, but i absolutely understand that you did, indeed, have to go

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    World as Myth I have a confession. The other day at a bar I went two guys were watching you youtubes behind me, and I was all "I know that girl. I use to play WoW with her." then they asked me for your number and I felt weird and was like "I don't know her that well" while leaving out the implied "and if I did I would certainly not be doing that anyway"

ahahaha

you say that like i wouldn't love to have you around on it

i mean really

that's really awesome, thank you

my show was 1) time-consuming, 2) expensive, 3) somewhat detrimental to my self-esteem

I don't think I have the talent or patience to write articles, and the show wouldn't come back unless I suddenly had a surfeit of time and an impenetrable ego wall

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options

ahahaha

no that is incorrect
    i agree with this!

cuz a shegeek got linked here, you were doing some kind of giveaway i forget for what now

and i was like man this is good and i went through a big handful of ones you'd done

see the thing that separates you from some random jagoff with a webcam is that you were doing A Thing

not trying to be the next kingsley or jenna marbles, trying to be wacky for a little internet fame, you were talking about things that interested you and you did it intelligently

you said funny, interesting things, and you brought up lots of points i agreed with, and i enjoyed the show

it is absolutely a shame you had to go, but i absolutely understand that you did, indeed, have to go

aw jeez louise, thank you, swordfights. that is really really nice

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    The first time I met "internet people", admittedly when I was much much younger, my mum seemed convinced they were a secret cartel who wanted to steal my organs

My parents were like that too, it's a very understandable fear when you're going to Amsterdam at age 16 to meet random strangers.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    I have murdered this thread with my insecure bullshit

let's get this shit back on track

confession: sometimes I dream about opening my own little game studio and driving it into the ground because of my complete lack of business acumen

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Dangit Kate, your show was cool

I'd watch it whenever you posted it on Facebook

• Options

confession: sometimes I dream about opening my own little game studio and driving it into the ground because of my complete lack of business acumen
    i'm doing this in five years. part of the track to that is doing an escapist thing with curated web series, except actually good. think about it.

• Options

i'm doing this in five years. part of the track to that is doing an escapist thing with curated web series, except actually good. think about it.

are any of their shows good, in your opinion? I know they're popular, but I mean actually good

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

:bz 

Wiet wrote: »
    The first time I met "internet people", admittedly when I was much much younger, my mum seemed convinced they were a secret cartel who wanted to steal my organs

My parents were like that too, it's a very understandable fear when you're going to Amsterdam at age 16 to meet random strangers.
    yeah the first time i hung out with people from SE++ was also the first time i hung out with the internet

also the first time i smoked pot

really it's all their fault is what i'm saying

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    You guys really need to lay off the self-deprecation. You're not any less than the rest of the meat bags that will eventually die.

• Options
    i love that goddamn bee

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular

"Dammit mum they're not 'random'! And Vincent has only ever stolen an organ the one time!"

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options

are any of their shows good, in your opinion? I know they're popular, but I mean actually good

yahtzee is good but getting bored with pandering. moviebob is an asshole but is sometimes interesting. everything else is forgettable by any standard of quality

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular

oooh oooh me me let me do a show

it'll be a rant about not enough rock hard dicks in games

every week a new game and how boners would make it better

• Options
    Meiz wrote: »
    You guys really need to lay off the self-deprecation. You're not any less than the rest of the meat bags that will eventually die.

i honestly need to self deprecate or my ego will never be at normal levels

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular

"Dammit mum they're not 'random'! And Vincent has only ever stolen an organ the one time!"

I am so, so very glad I did not tell them the full story of who I was meeting. They were some really colourful types to say the least.

XStly.jpg
  • Options

yahtzee is good but getting bored with pandering. moviebob is an asshole but is sometimes interesting. everything else is forgettable by any standard of quality

so how would you do it better? (this is genuine curiosity, not aggression)

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    confession: I deeply love my dogs more than 99.9999999999999% of the population.
    20120418_144704.jpg

20120418_144755.jpg

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular

I am so, so very glad I did not tell them the full story of who I was meeting. They were some really colourful types to say the least.

Yeah, I hear that.

I actually just shuddered then, thinking about it...

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    like, if we were all in a burning building, and I could only save two things.... you might want to pick yourself up and follow me and the dogs.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Odin wrote: »
    I'm 28 this year and I've never been in a relationship with someone

I'm afraid that if I don't fix that soon, I never will

uh.. wh-wha?
    odin's like the best looking guy on the forum

• Options

i have Many Thoughts about this and i'm running out the door, i'll PM you later

• Options

i have Many Thoughts about this and i'm running out the door, i'll PM you later

very well, very well

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Meiz wrote: »

i honestly need to self deprecate or my ego will never be at normal levels

I used to do that until I set my ego on fire so it never haunts me again with its useless bullshit. Starting conversations with complete strangers while you're doing something embarrassing like having a digit rammed up your nostril is one way to accomplish this.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh hey I got really annoyed about 20 minutes ago and I wasn't sure why

And then I come in here and realize it's because I sensed that somebody brought up Jenna Marbles

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Stale wrote: »
    like, if we were all in a burning building, and I could only save two things.... you might want to pick yourself up and follow me and the dogs.

Yeah, pretty much me too.

Also, I didn't know you had a corgi!

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular

We checked out the quality of your organs when you were sleeping, they weren't worth enough

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    You need to have pretty darn good organs to make us want to get through the hassle of having to dump a body

• Options
    The Geek wrote: »

she took the kids in the divorce.

her new man isn't a fan of dogs, so I got them back when I moved into my house last month.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

her new man isn't a fan of dogs, so I got them back when I moved into my house last month.

My wife is the only person on the planet I will mourn the loss of more than my dog.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    FAQ wrote: »

uh.. wh-wha?

Pix plz

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular

That is kind of awesome

I feel bad for her a bit because she probably loves the dogs too, but whatever

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    confession: I deeply love my dogs more than 99.9999999999999% of the population.
    20120418_144704.jpg

20120418_144755.jpg

given the current population, you may as well have said 100%

sig.png
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    FAQ wrote: »

uh.. wh-wha?

Pix plz

assuming it's odin that everyone flipped out about last camwhore thread...

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

alright, dish