As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In the close future, there is only war, and spilling drinks on the Citadel.[Mass Effect]

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    mRahmani wrote: »
    I could see her doing Kasumi's sidequest, and maybe Zaeed since he's all about the cash.

EDIT: Maybe even Garrus, since he just wants to go kill a dude.

Hell depending on how much she dislikes Jack she might even go along with that one, blowing up a building seems up her alley.

she's looking forward to meeting Jack after i told her that she also hates miranda

pretty sure she's gonna like Zaeed too

so as long as I convince her to upgrade the armor on the ship to save jack she's got the potential to survive

also important

kasumi's mission gives her an outfit she can wear to the bar
    Hey, I just realized.

In Mass Effect 2, they actually serve drinks in the bars.

yeah

i dunno if she's gonna feel like playing today, but when we finally get to the bar in Omega she's gonna be happy

she's gonna be less happy when she gets poisoned.

but then I'm betting she'll be EXTRA happy when she gets revenge and free non-poisoned drinks afterwards

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I wonder if she will like any aliens

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I want to see her convert to the church of Garrus

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    mRahmani wrote: »
    I could see her doing Kasumi's sidequest, and maybe Zaeed since he's all about the cash.

EDIT: Maybe even Garrus, since he just wants to go kill a dude.

Hell depending on how much she dislikes Jack she might even go along with that one, blowing up a building seems up her alley.

she's looking forward to meeting Jack after i told her that she also hates miranda

pretty sure she's gonna like Zaeed too

so as long as I convince her to upgrade the armor on the ship to save jack she's got the potential to survive

also important

kasumi's mission gives her an outfit she can wear to the bar
    Hey, I just realized.

In Mass Effect 2, they actually serve drinks in the bars.

yeah

i dunno if she's gonna feel like playing today, but when we finally get to the bar in Omega she's gonna be happy

she's gonna be less happy when she gets poisoned.

but then I'm betting she'll be EXTRA happy when she gets revenge and free non-poisoned drinks afterwards
    And I'm pretty sure you can get as shit-faced as you want at the bar on the Citadel, too.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    the trick to geth SMG is not to start firing it when you actually want to start firing at the enemy

you pre-fire so the fire rate is already high

• Options
    Prefire

You are shitting me

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    None can resist Thane

original.jpg

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Prefire

You are shitting me

i am not

the first second or two of geth smg is not very good

it's like charging up a geth plasma shotgun

you hold the trigger for a couple seconds till it kicks in high gear AND THEN YOU RIP SHIT TO SHREDS

works effectively

i can't speak to it on Gold but on Silver combined with Marksman this makes it a death hose

• Options
    also toss on a mag increase and most importantly of all

the recycler

180 shot mag that actually lasts for closer to like, 300 shots

that's been my experience

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Prefire

You are shitting me

not really no

the thing takes a couple of seconds to spin up to max speed

• Options
    like i just sweep hallways with that fucker and annihilate shit

you would think with a gigantically cranked fire rate, i'd burn through mags and ammo alarmingly

but no

the recycler makes mags last FOREVER it's retarded

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Is the recycler the thing that gives each shot a whatever percent chance of not using up the thermal clip

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Yep

Still waiting on my ultralight materials mod, ME3

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Is the recycler the thing that gives each shot a whatever percent chance of not using up the thermal clip

yes

it's 45% on my gun

which means about half of my shots don't use up the clip, in theory

but in practice the game seems to actually roll against that percentage chance per shot

which means a 180 round clip, at the least, will last 180 shots if somehow that roll fails for each round

but it tends to actually last for WAY long than that

usually Marksman runs out before my mag does

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have that mod in single player but never used SMGs

I could use it in MP, maybe

• Options
    I had both those mods and I was still not impressed with the gethsmg

But maybe this is just your incisor

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Butters wrote: »
    I got the Justicar last night. Not sure what I think of her. I was having a real tough time making the bubble biotic explosions work on gold.
    So my brother and I ended up on a Geth White Gold match last night with 2 pubbies, one went Justicar and the other went Asari Adept. The amount of biotic explosions they set off was amazing, they were killing groups of pyros at a time!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    so, here's a thing with biotic explosions and the justicars

if you have the Warp version of the bubble (which you should because it is amazing), if you cast Reave (or someone else casts throw) on someone in your bubble, you get a biotic explosion

but if they already have Reave on them when they walk into the bubble, it doesn't explode

however, if an enemy has Reave active on them and then you cast your bubble, it makes them explode

pro-tip: Take Area Reave, cast it on some enemies as you close, then bubble around them

EACH ENEMY EXPLODES

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

if you have the Warp version of the bubble (which you should because it is amazing), if you cast Reave (or someone else casts throw) on someone in your bubble, you get a biotic explosion

but if they already have Reave on them when they walk into the bubble, it doesn't explode

however, if an enemy has Reave active on them and then you cast your bubble, it makes them explode

pro-tip: Take Area Reave, cast it on some enemies as you close, then bubble around them

EACH ENEMY EXPLODES

Fuck why don't I have a justicar yet

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    people should come play with me on the 360

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

Yeah I know how it works it just wasn't reliable. I don't know if it takes a second for warp to take effect in the bubble or what.

I am thinking for gold the bubble might not be so great. I'm gonna respec my Drell adept for grenades (from throw) and see how that does. At least it will be more effective on boss units.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ShanksShanks "THAT FELLOW" Registered User regular
    Okay, info's in the thing.

Damn, Speed, I think I love your mom.

I sure hope Taky is reading it.

Royal Families card game rules Origin/XBL: SpaceRangerJ Steam
  • Options
    Durability is pretty boss on Gold, at least from my perspective as someone watching a dudes throw bubbles around.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    You know Speed, there's a problem with calling your mom a bitch. You son of a bitch. <3

I realize how tenuous it is to expect her to fall for any of the love interests. Garrus is awesome of course, but we're talking about someone who didn't get chills at one of the best scenes in ME1 - the Soverign reveal. Chances are she won't be paying attention while Garrus is being awesome.

My bet now is that she will make Jacob her love interest on accident. (the priiiiiize).

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

EACH ENEMY EXPLODES

Fuck why don't I have a justicar yet

Opened my special Victory pack and got a Gethgineer.

Bought some Bioware points to open Resurgence packs and got a Justicar.

I am pleased with my purchase.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Stilts give me that justicar

or just reave everything while my adept warps it i guess

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Durability is pretty boss on Gold, at least from my perspective as someone watching a dudes throw bubbles around.

As I understand it the damage reduction isn't much to the Justicar herself. It would be awesome for the Kroguard though. A bubble with barrier and rage would be like 70% damage reduction.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Whoops

Krogan vanguard versus Reapers on silver, wave 5. I know banshees will start coming eventually, but there's no scream at the start of the wave, so I charge into a group of cannibals.

...Just as i press Y, I hear the scream, and notice that one enemy in the group I charged has a barrier up.

One hit killed in the first 10 seconds of a wave. I'm now that vanguard.

• Options
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Whoops

Krogan vanguard versus Reapers on silver, wave 5. I know banshees will start coming eventually, but there's no scream at the start of the wave, so I charge into a group of cannibals.

...Just as i press Y, I hear the scream, and notice that one enemy in the group I charged has a barrier up.

One hit killed in the first 10 seconds of a wave. I'm now that vanguard.

Sooner or later, it happens to all of us.

When you fly close to the sun, sometimes you get an arm shoved through your spine.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    The way you use Geth SMG is you basically hold the button down the entire match.

Not a great weapon for classes where you want to be spamming biotic powers.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »

As I understand it the damage reduction isn't much to the Justicar herself. It would be awesome for the Kroguard though. A bubble with barrier and rage would be like 70% damage reduction.

That really seems like the way to do it, as reinforcement for sentinels and other bullet-spewy types who are helped by spending a lot of time out of cover

Or just use the bubble offensively, of course

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular

EACH ENEMY EXPLODES

Thank you, I know what I'm going for now.

• Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    remember to level pull reave and bubble to have maximum area of effect.

Do it for safety.

hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I don't know if Taky still pops in on occasion or not, but if he does, let me say this.
    If he wrote the dialouge for EDI and Joker, or knows who does, that stuff is damn funny as hell.
    Don't know if that is really spoiler worthy but, eh, best to be safe.

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hey dudes! Me, Squall and Tayvaan are in need of one more Origin dude to shoot men with on Silver.

Anyone interested in the illustrious last spot?

Dux on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Today I wondered if payload from TF2 would work in ME3 multiplayer

I think it could

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Add me, please: Bogestrom

I will do my best to refrain from asking about your mother.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    what is

payload

in my head it is an attack that is charged by money

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    what is

payload

in my head it is an attack that is charged by money

Your team has to push a bomb from point A to point B while you get attacked

It might not work well against NPCs, but it could be a neat change from horde mode

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Bogey wrote: »
    Add me, please: Bogestrom

I will do my best to refrain from asking about your mother.

we're in the middle of a game I'll try and invite you between waves

This discussion has been closed.