Options

Skinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (it's a school thread)

• Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    I got excluded from two different unis, it was the best thing that ever happened to me because it helped me realise how much I hated it

if you're smart and use this time to reflect on what your next move is going to be, this can turn out to be a good opportunity to sort your life out

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Mostly relaxing and sometimes studying for my very last final, which shouldn't be a trouble at all, being a survey philosophy course.

Took my organic II final and have no idea how well I did on this or the second last exam. Whether I do well enough on this remains to be seen; I never really caught up after losing 4 days to illness with the workload I brought upon myself.

Gonna be irritating as heck if I failed and have to hold back graduating to retake it again. I've already passed organic II (with a B) and have been forced to retake the class as other schools don't care for the quarter system of the school I transferred from. Which translated into all of 4-5 more chapters in the book that we missed, irritatingly. Learned a lot still because the bio and chemistry departments at this school are pretty insane, but still, ugh. Not looking forward to what will be just tedious memorization at this point as opposed to say, learning.

In more positive news, I got some feedback from the biology department head on the discussion section of a lab report that I submitted that I am saving as the quintessential anecdotal summary of how I've handled college.

"<name>, this is some of the most insightful discussion I've seen in 10 years <I'm presuming the 10 years she's been here?>. Bravo! I am removing 2d worth of late penalty as this was definitely worth the wait. Let me know if you ever need a letter of recommendation; I am encouraged to see this level of thinking in a student!"

Naturally I had failed to hand in the paper until 6 days after it was due. Not that I'm really complaining about this particular grade, but my course workload has felt really insane over these last few years and I wonder how other students manage to handle it.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Attended my sister's graduation ceremony this morning. She didn't get her diploma, actually, since she needs more student teaching experience. Which she's getting in...Africa. My parents aren't super thrilled.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    still registering for classes

tearing out hair

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    oh hey there are no classes that meet this general education requirement other than 400+ level major required classes

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    it's also impossible to take biology and women's studies at the same time

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Big Red Tie, take a philosophy course or two.

Come on...!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    don't have any credits i need
    not majoring in philosophy

NOPE GOODBYE SIR

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Big Red Tie, take a philosophy course or two.

Come on...!

Another idea

Take something interesting

ha HA

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    BRT, I meant as a back-up incase you needed some credits to hit financial aid or such.

• Options
    Also Vann...

I'LL KILL YOU!!!!

AUGHGHUGH!!!!

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    BRT, I meant as a back-up incase you needed some credits to hit financial aid or such.

well i do need that
    but i am probably going to be able to find a configuration that also gives me relevant credits

it is just set up in the worst possible way

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    You know I was certain there'd be a video of the whole cast laughing from the end of a Harvey Birdman episode on YouTube

But nope, not one

• Options
    i so often want to make video replies to posts that are cut from shows but then they aren't on youtube and i always think to myself i should be the one to upload it, but i never do

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    banged out a schedule that is decent so far, 4 classes done

just gotta find ooone mooore

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

If it makes you feel better, I won't be able to join that particular rat race for at least another month, probably two (finding space in spanish 100? seems like a bad joke).

edit- Kinda conflicted on whether it's a good thing that I'm basically forced off campus for at least one semester, more likely a year. On the one hand, I'm not in a dorm and won't have freshman asking me to buy them liquor. On the other hand, being in a dorm forced me to be sociable.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    i feel better now that i have four classes at least
    now i just have to focus on my two papers due monday and finals week and then i can play diablo 3!

also good luck with spanish 100, that uh, yeah

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    from what i've heard, the dorms aren't great unless you pay for the most expensive one (it's like 7k a semester or something)

like my brother had the cheapest one for freshman/sophomore and it was ass

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    somehow I have 4 finals and 3 classes. Woo.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Two confirmed As. Missed an A on my Brit Lit final by less than a point, which pisses me off because I got 100% on the essay portion. Now just waiting on the major essay results. Looking like most likely a B, but still a small chance of an A.

Still pretty much a guaranteed B in Business, but still waiting on the results of the project.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    yo I graduated yesterday

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    yo I graduated yesterday

grats!

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    thanks homie

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    yo I graduated yesterday

nice, guy

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

edit- Kinda conflicted on whether it's a good thing that I'm basically forced off campus for at least one semester, more likely a year. On the one hand, I'm not in a dorm and won't have freshman asking me to buy them liquor. On the other hand, being in a dorm forced me to be sociable.

How many people are we at now with a similar dilemma? Any plans for your semester/year off?

• Options
    d3 ad embedded directly in a paragraph on sparknotes

Thanks A Lot

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Skeith wrote: »

How many people are we at now with a similar dilemma? Any plans for your semester/year off?

Oh, it's pretty much a given that I'm getting in, now that this bullshit with my application's finally been sorted out. If for some insane reason I'm denied, I've registered for the last few classes I'd need to wrap up my AA, aside from a numeracy credit. I don't like the idea of staying at my current job for another semester, but I'd pretty much have to. Meant off campus in the sense that I'd be renting someplace.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Why is the library this empty the night before the second week of finals?

Where are the rosy-cheeked 1Ls with increasingly deadened eyes, staring into their worksheets on the Rule against Perpetuities, looking like they might shoot themselves in the face at any moment?

• Options
    Yay 2 1/2 pages done on paradise lost and the tempest

now let's write for political science aauuughhgggggg

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Why is the library this empty the night before the second week of finals?

Where are the rosy-cheeked 1Ls with increasingly deadened eyes, staring into their worksheets on the Rule against Perpetuities, looking like they might shoot themselves in the face at any moment?

so glad PA abolished the RAP

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Trying to get my summer reading list together.

Going to read so many books, maybe.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I love summer reading

I am in the middle of The Caves of Steel and Supergods right now

and then comes Dracula, which I will probably read alongside The Age of Insight

BOOKS

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Isoldae wrote: »
    Trying to get my summer reading list together.

Going to read so many books, maybe.

I was going to, then I remembered diablo

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Diablo has words in it, totally counts

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I should get a list together

just a few more daaays

• Options
    I'm coming for you BugBoy

gonna bring you home and then we will see the avengers

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    yaaaaaay

just gotta get through these last few finals

but more importantly

these last few episodes of avatar

• Options
    finish it up man

tell me what you think of the incredibly awesome last few episodes

• Options
    making some tea and getting into them right now

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    My summer reading list so far includes some Butler, some Zizek, and a bunch of Lacan.

Going to be not fun, but maybe I will learn some things.

xet8c.gif
This discussion has been closed.