Options

Skinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (it's a school thread)

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    InN7v.jpg

• Options
    brian is your senior thesis any good

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Marth wrote: »
    took my last final for the semester

you know what? totally sucked.

i am officially burnt out, i've realized.

Let's go to a bar or something to celebrate being done. Tuesday evening? Also, I got another car, I can celebrate that.

oh god why did i not see this yesterday

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Skull Man wrote: »
    brian is your senior thesis any good

Eh. I've written better papers, and it isn't groundbreaking or anything, but I think it provides a decent if sometimes repetitive summary of stuff about my topic and ties it up into a decent argument from a somewhat different perspective than past English language writings on the subject.

Brian Krakow on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Nooo, D on Critical Thinking :(

Well, I just have to put this out there. Hallmates: you suck. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but you suck.

Midterms are in full swing and y'all are loud and drunk from 5 pm to 1 in the morning. Some people are studying, so don't be dicks. Mad bonding between my and my roomy over our mutual hatred of the situation. We can communicate incredibly complex displeasure through coordinated eye tics and facial expressions now.

Dude don't choke girls when they are trying to apologize for accidentally burning you.

Girls, don't fuck dudes the first day of school when your roomy is in the room, trying to fall asleep. This was the first warning sign.

Guys don't be dicks to your ladies, it is really depressing to hear you yelling at them.

Neighbors, y'all were loud with your tousling and giggling and all was well and good until dude, you sounded pretty fucking rapey there. Oh man, a cycle of giggling and suddenly uncomfortable real talk. Staying up in mortification; girl I don't want you getting hurt, dude, we're friends and we're seeing movies this weekend this is making me feel bad, I don't want friends that act like that. Please don't be rapey.

Two creeps, don't be creeps anymore please. It is creepy.

I thought all y'all were so nice the beginning of the year too, what happened?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Dorm Life!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Dorms are awful. College students are awful.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    glad i am living at home

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    As a college RA for three years let me say that the dorms have some nice features/attributes.

And a lot of awful ones.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i have no interest in living in a dorm ever

never ever ever

even parties in dorms suck

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i don't like parties, or people

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Parties in my dorm seem to just be five people drinking and/or doing drugs while listening to terrible music at 4 am and being as loud and obnoxious as humanly possible. Maybe that's parties in every dorm.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    go to the library to study

dorms are for debauchery

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    all things considered my dorm expierience wasn't bad

but oh man I am looking forward to being home, where nobody plays guitar at 2 am

nobody does at all

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    AP Calculus exam today

time to fail this crap

• Options
    Also I hope dorm life next year won't be shit

I don't plan on staying in dorms after the first year, but still.

• Options
    Japanese final exam tomorrow
    let's go

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    all things considered my dorm expierience wasn't bad

but oh man I am looking forward to being home, where nobody plays guitar at 2 am

nobody does at all

Hey BugBoy guess what I bought

a guitar

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    darthvadernooooo.gif

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Economics final go

Also I passed organic chemistry so I am the smart one, it's me

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    Just took my last CC final, I think I did ok. It feels good to be out now for the summer.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    One more semester and I can finally not be ashamed to be the only person in my group of friends without a college degree

Also maybe I can actually get some career opportunities
    There will be no career opportunities

• Options
    straight As, the one in german readings was a surprise

sprinted across the finish line

• Options
    Economics final go

Congrats!

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    dorms sound like the worst fucking idea in the world

oh hey man do you want to share a bedroom with a stranger for a year? cause it's mandatory

• Options
    Economics final go

Congrats!

Thanks! Actually, considering the outcome of that class was in doubt I don't really think I can call myself "the smart one"

• Options
    Just passing Orgo is difficult

Anyone who manages it is smart

• Options

oh hey man do you want to share a bedroom with a stranger for a year? cause it's mandatory

Unless you can get a single

But unless you get super lucky, that doesn't happen

• Options
    singles are pretty great

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    it seems like dorms are actually alright if you have single rooms

the sharing a bedroom aspect is really the fucking weird bit

am i never supposed to take my pants off? what's the logic?

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I loved living in a dorm. I was an Ra in an apartment dorm, so I got a free single, but freshman year i was in like a 5 by 12 room with a roommate, and it was great. Dorms can be a really fun communal experience.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    My dorm was a special thing set up for computer science majors and the like. So they (okay we) were all horrible nerds, which helped avoid the drunken nonsense and loud sex, but had it's own disadvantages (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THE SHOWER IS TWENTY FEET FROM YOUR DORM ROOM WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU)

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    AP Calculus exam today

time to fail this crap

my brother's writing this too
    hope it goes well for you both

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    People were highly amused by my finished bridge and display book today.

I wish I had gotten a picture of it, but a dude in my class made a 3-legged stool with an octagonal top that had a slide-out tray with a slot for rolling papers + weed and space to roll. Also the top popped off for extra drug storage space. Super impressive craftsmanship + stoner aesthetic.

• Options
    So my old political science professor is running for state representative.

Sweet Jesus...

• Options
    Also I hope dorm life next year won't be shit

I don't plan on staying in dorms after the first year, but still.

It won't be bad if your res hall staff is competent and you have a back-bone.

• Options

There are a lot of positive aspects and good reasons for college dorms.

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I liked my dorm. I lived there for two years, with three other people each time. First year's roomie was cool, second year's was great. The only really weird roommate I've had was the suitemate the second year. He played EVE a lot. And mumbled.

I was so lucky, you guys.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    I'm done with roommates, unless I get a condo and need some roommates to offset costs for a while.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    AP Calculus exam today

time to fail this crap

my brother's writing this too
    hope it goes well for you both

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha

I have never been more unprepared to take a test in my life.

Literally the worst test I have ever taken. Unless my guessing was correct there was no way in hell I passed the test, hell I doubt I even made a 2 out of 5.

It's a good thing I already planned on taking calc 1 in the fall, cause shit, that was fucking horrendous.

This discussion has been closed.