As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Ioc_0x6Lk&feature=related
    I should play this when I play Taric from now on. Ultimate cheese and the ultimate skin on my side.

butts
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Refusing not to play Teemo in whatever role should really just be a reportable offense. No, he's not an ad carry, and you're throwing our team comp.

Teemo can AD carry. Not the best, but not bad. I bet that he is a lot better than people realize after the buffs and fixes recently.

His harass is really strong so long as the fight isn't sustained since he does 33 damage with his level 1 w over the duration. His blind is also really really good for early bottom lane fights. Since he has shrooms he is very safe, can contribute to warding and protect dragon.
    Teemo can generally win head to head against almost every other AD carry even when down a little on farm (which he probably will be). I think Vayne can still crush him as she can try and wait out blindness in her stealth, but aside from that the blind is too strong.
    Jookie wrote: »
    Cleanse is real fun against LeBlanc, especially if you have some way to root her in place when she uses W. Or if you're Ryze and you get a negatron real early, she can't damage you anymore and you can maul her.
    It needs to be a real early Negatron, because LB will kill Ryze at 6 and start snowballing from there. Earlier, even if she gets gank support. If he doesn't rush the Negatron, Ryze and LB will trade Q pokes until they both get to half, at which point LB will just burst him down. If he does, it might still not matter because she'll just work him with her combo to get the damage past and then wait 30 and kill him then.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ryze trades much better than leblanc since he can root her mid dash. so he has nothing to be afraid of if he is standing by minions.

Jars on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Cass get Ezreal! Best carry in the game! Ignore these new emo Ionian archers!

time for a true display of skill????
    1z5nnsm.jpg

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Something I want to try sometime with Teemo is a Teemo/Lulu lane.

Still totally glad I bought those Destruction runes/quints for him.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Jars wrote: »
    ryze trades much better than leblanc since he can root her mid dash. so he has nothing to be afraid of if he is standing by minions.
    Was just talking Q for Q midgame. If Leblanc had an edge on Ryze at all from the 6 kill or a jungle gank, IME he cannot out trade her enough on solely that such that it's unsafe for her to burst him when he gets in range. You're right, if LB goes in for the usual QW, Ryze will root (saying he'll root middash is also IME unrealistic...but she can indeed get rooted at the end before she can blink back and eat his combo in retaliation), so she needs to hit the E at least to vaguely make it worth it.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Refusing not to play Teemo in whatever role should really just be a reportable offense. No, he's not an ad carry, and you're throwing our team comp.

Teemo can AD carry. Not the best, but not bad. I bet that he is a lot better than people realize after the buffs and fixes recently.

His harass is really strong so long as the fight isn't sustained since he does 33 damage with his level 1 w over the duration. His blind is also really really good for early bottom lane fights. Since he has shrooms he is very safe, can contribute to warding and protect dragon.

Unfortunately he's not going to do the actual carry part of ad carry, the whole reason we take that lane.

Sure, Teemo shuts down idiots like the Workplace Safety Inspection Board, but he's not actually going to be the carry you need late game.

In other news, yes, Graves, it's outstandingly my fault that we've lost bot when you respond with a ten second delay every time I initiate as Leona.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    They just need to nerf Soraka into the ground, she's basically the antithesis of fun.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    They just need to nerf Soraka into the ground, she's basically the antithesis of fun.

they did nerf her

remember the talon patch?

people still played her, cause she's the only champ who does what she does

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Oh all the champions in the game I can't say I'd be too sad if she was removed. Or just fundamentally reworked.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

Soraka heal now does damage to target ally

• Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular

They need to replace every one of her abilities with skill shots. Especially her ult.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Unfortunately he's not going to do the actual carry part of ad carry, the whole reason we take that lane.

Sure, Teemo shuts down idiots like the Workplace Safety Inspection Board, but he's not actually going to be the carry you need late game.

In other news, yes, Graves, it's outstandingly my fault that we've lost bot when you respond with a ten second delay every time I initiate as Leona.
    You should watch some tournaments occasionally.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

It wouldn't hurt to do a little research on how some of the champs can be built, and it may also help to generally just think of the Meta as a guideline. You seem to post a lot about frustrations with people not playing within your Box, when the game allows for a wide variety of team compositions. It may help to ease some of your frustrations and make the game more enjoyable for you.

Sure, the game allows for a wide variety of compositions. But idiot picks that don't actually fulfill the role they need to are useless and should be expunged. Same with ineffective kill lanes, etc. I'm willing to give alternatives a go, but everyone needs to be aware so the slack can be picked up somewhere else.

It's that reoccurring idea of the meta being the best in solo queue because it's easily known and transmittable. Idiots who last pick bad choices and sink a team comp because of it really just need to eat a queue dodge, if not a temporary ban, themselves. I don't care if you want to be special snowflake scout, you have four other people on your team to be responsible to in the cause of winning, and nine other people to be responsible to in order to have a good game. If you want to have your fun at everyone else's expense, Steam has plenty of single-player games over there.

Similarly, people who are adamantly only this role/this champion in draft pick really need to have their rights revoked or something. It's downright disrespectful to your teammates when they have to put up with someone's narcissicism and inflexibility.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ryze's q has half the cooldown of leblanc and the damage is higher since leblanc isn't activating the second part. the range on his root is the same as her dash and it's instant so as long as he knows to cast root when she moves in it will block it. you can do the same thing with annie q. it flies right into her face and she gets stunned mid dash.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I swear to god the irony content in that post is so strong its magnetic field would suck the ink out of a prison tattoo.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular

your reflexes are astounding

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    zerg rush wrote: »

They need to replace every one of her abilities with skill shots. Especially her ult.

I'd be okay with that if they do the same to Karthus and his ult.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options

you don't have to root her in actual mid dash. if it looks like she wants to follow up q with w then you cast root. she will end up rooted during the travel time on w. leblanc is really vulnerable to that kind of stuff, it's painfully obvious with annie q because it hits her right in the face mid dash and you can really beat leblanc pretty badly as annie.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    27D2250D09481B2AD49BA826CB0D0DCA2590E7F1
    I was bot lane support.

I should do this more often and see how many people it works on. Support items provide tankiness and cooldowns that's all I need Olaf is probably getting nerfed.

Edit: Soraka is really dumb laning against and I hate the huge armor buff her heal gives.

Jookie on
    butts
  • Options

you don't have to root her in actual mid dash. if it looks like she wants to follow up q with w then you cast root. she will end up rooted during the travel time on w. leblanc is really vulnerable to that kind of stuff, it's painfully obvious with annie q because it hits her right in the face mid dash and you can really beat leblanc pretty badly as annie.
    Well, the thing is that Leblanc's Q just barely out ranges Ryze's Q and her W massively outranges his when you take into account the AoE (she should be looking to clip him with it, not center target). Because of the range difference, if LB is poking properly, Ryze should only be able to cage after she lands, not before. That's still not *great* for her, but it's a different scenario entirely than getting caged before launching.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

they did nerf her

remember the talon patch?

people still played her, cause she's the only champ who does what she does

TO THE FUCKING GROUND.

She's not exciting or fun to play as, her mechanics are boring as shit, and she makes the lanes boring as shit. Just rework the hell out of her or something and make her at least an interesting character. Right now she's just really good but also very boring.

I don't think she's overpowered, to clarify. Just very good (so you see her pretty much every game) and it makes the game soooo boring.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

1) He has 550 range and a damage steroid.

2) If you shut the enemy carry down then you're going to carry hard if you have AD items and 550 range

3) Teemo, though not an ideal pick because he isn't the strongest of carries still fits perfectly in with the current meta, and a teemo pick bottom to carry will build the same and require that his team do the same as any other AD carry

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    You need Soraka in the game or else you start seeing more Karthus,

And no one wants to see skeledick more.

I'm already mostly not a fan of really stupid champs that you can kill 10 times before 20 minutes and it doesn't matter, but that guy is pretty bad.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    KizKiz Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You know what I'd like to see in the new spectator mode? The ability to view a friend's match in real-time (without 3 min delay), but only to be able to see things as their team sees them, so there's no ghosting advantage. It'd be nice to be able to talk shit in Vent or whatever with someone that's watching you play and actually be able to discuss it. Unfortunately I don't have the upstream to be able to stream.

PSN: Kiz-ziK | Gamertag: KizziK | Steam: Kizzik
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    that would be true except for the dash time her on w. all ryze has to do is be in the process of trying to root her and it will happen as soon as she starts dashing towards him. it's like how you can be mid air on a tristana jump and still get knocked back(don't try jumping over an orianna ball)

Jars on
  • Options
    It's pretty obvious to tell when LeBlanc wants to QW you. She just runs past minions.

butts
  • Options
    Jookie wrote: »
    It's pretty obvious to tell when LeBlanc wants to QW you. She just runs past minions.
    Bad Leblanc maybe =/

There are quite a few terrible ones out there, though.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Kiz wrote: »
    You know what I'd like to see in the new spectator mode? The ability to view a friend's match in real-time (without 3 min delay), but only to be able to see things as their team sees them, so there's no ghosting advantage. It'd be nice to be able to talk shit in Vent or whatever with someone that's watching you play and actually be able to discuss it. Unfortunately I don't have the upstream to be able to stream.
    It could still provide an advantage since you could be watching the minimap for them. I think having a 6th person on your team who does nothing but calls out mias and times would be a pretty big advantage.

• Options
    Neaden wrote: »
    Kiz wrote: »
    It could still provide an advantage since you could be watching the minimap for them. I think having a 6th person on your team who does nothing but calls out mias and times would be a pretty big advantage.

Pretty much. Hopefully when they release a real replay system there will be a method to view simultaneously so you can show replays to friends and you could analyze it. Maybe shared playback controls so people could say "now, go back here, you see when you did this? This made it so you couldn't help when x happened later." That's the only real reason I'd like to have people watch without the delay.

• Options
    edited April 2012

2) If you shut the enemy carry down then you're going to carry hard if you have AD items and 550 range

3) Teemo, though not an ideal pick because he isn't the strongest of carries still fits perfectly in with the current meta, and a teemo pick bottom to carry will build the same and require that his team do the same as any other AD carry

Really? Because I have never, ever seen that. They come back with malady and sheen after awhile and proceed to do the exact same thing every teemo does after 20 minutes: be completely useless while failing at split-pushing. Teemo's a counter-pick, and not a particularly great one at that. Definitely not worth losing an actual carry for.

edit: Goumindong, this may be a case where your obsession with statistics and mathematical possibilities is blinding you to what actually happens in a real game, with independent actors and all that.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Sheen on Teemo?

Bottom lane Teemo goes wriggle's and proceeds to force the enemy carry out of lane because he will just force unfair trade after trade upon them and prevent CS. Then he gets phage and a zeal and turns them into phantom dancer and frozen mallet.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Sheen on Teemo is so wrongheaded that I can't think of it. It only shows up late in a pure AP Teemo build on the way to a Lich Bane.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I come bearing another gift from the lol forums

shaq-o
    attachment.php?attachmentid=432093&d=1335763126

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    so what is it with PA people being terrible lately?

I had two games today with PAers

one where a dude started raging at about 4 min in

and another where the team didn't want to surrender, so he quit

jesus christ I might as well be playing with pubs

• Options

Really? Because I have never, ever seen that. They come back with malady and sheen after awhile and proceed to do the exact same thing every teemo does after 20 minutes: be completely useless while failing at split-pushing. Teemo's a counter-pick, and not a particularly great one at that. Definitely not worth losing an actual carry for.

edit: Goumindong, this may be a case where your obsession with statistics and mathematical possibilities is blinding you to what actually happens in a real game, with independent actors and all that.
    I think the problem here is actually that you have the tendency to think champs are bad because you see people play them badly and make assumptions that aren't actually true.

• Options

I think the problem here is actually that you have the tendency to think champs are bad because you see people play them badly and make assumptions that aren't actually true.

Unfortunately due to how matchmaking works in LoL my experience is more of an empirical study at whatever my normal ELO is.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options

@Delphinidaes what have you done

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

On the one hand, I want you to name names so I can avoid them.
    On the other, I like that we're not that kind of a community, so keep them anonymous.

On the whole, yeah, I've played with some PAers that have attitudes just as bad as pubbies, but the ratio of good/bad is far better with PAers than non.

• Options

Unfortunately due to how matchmaking works in LoL my experience is more of an empirical study at whatever my normal ELO is.
    Right but the problem isn't with Teemo bot. Teemo bot is viable. The problem is with people who play/build him stupidly. The issue is you make broad statements like Teemo bot is horrible that just aren't true.

This discussion has been closed.