As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Neaden wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »

Unfortunately he's not going to do the actual carry part of ad carry, the whole reason we take that lane.

Sure, Teemo shuts down idiots like the Workplace Safety Inspection Board, but he's not actually going to be the carry you need late game.

In other news, yes, Graves, it's outstandingly my fault that we've lost bot when you respond with a ten second delay every time I initiate as Leona.

1) He has 550 range and a damage steroid.

2) If you shut the enemy carry down then you're going to carry hard if you have AD items and 550 range

3) Teemo, though not an ideal pick because he isn't the strongest of carries still fits perfectly in with the current meta, and a teemo pick bottom to carry will build the same and require that his team do the same as any other AD carry

Really? Because I have never, ever seen that. They come back with malady and sheen after awhile and proceed to do the exact same thing every teemo does after 20 minutes: be completely useless while failing at split-pushing. Teemo's a counter-pick, and not a particularly great one at that. Definitely not worth losing an actual carry for.

edit: Goumindong, this may be a case where your obsession with statistics and mathematical possibilities is blinding you to what actually happens in a real game, with independent actors and all that.
    I think the problem here is actually that you have the tendency to think champs are bad because you see people play them badly and make assumptions that aren't actually true.

Unfortunately due to how matchmaking works in LoL my experience is more of an empirical study at whatever my normal ELO is.
    Right but the problem isn't with Teemo bot. Teemo bot is viable. The problem is with people who play/build him stupidly. The issue is you make broad statements like Teemo bot is horrible that just aren't true.

Unfortunately, at my ELO, it is true. It's for trolls and people who aren't really interesting in contributing to the team. Like the vast majority of rogues in WoW's PvP or whatever, really.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular

Unfortunately he's not going to do the actual carry part of ad carry, the whole reason we take that lane.

Sure, Teemo shuts down idiots like the Workplace Safety Inspection Board, but he's not actually going to be the carry you need late game.

In other news, yes, Graves, it's outstandingly my fault that we've lost bot when you respond with a ten second delay every time I initiate as Leona.

2) If you shut the enemy carry down then you're going to carry hard if you have AD items and 550 range

3) Teemo, though not an ideal pick because he isn't the strongest of carries still fits perfectly in with the current meta, and a teemo pick bottom to carry will build the same and require that his team do the same as any other AD carry

Really? Because I have never, ever seen that. They come back with malady and sheen after awhile and proceed to do the exact same thing every teemo does after 20 minutes: be completely useless while failing at split-pushing. Teemo's a counter-pick, and not a particularly great one at that. Definitely not worth losing an actual carry for.

edit: Goumindong, this may be a case where your obsession with statistics and mathematical possibilities is blinding you to what actually happens in a real game, with independent actors and all that.
    I think the problem here is actually that you have the tendency to think champs are bad because you see people play them badly and make assumptions that aren't actually true.

Unfortunately due to how matchmaking works in LoL my experience is more of an empirical study at whatever my normal ELO is.
    Right but the problem isn't with Teemo bot. Teemo bot is viable. The problem is with people who play/build him stupidly. The issue is you make broad statements like Teemo bot is horrible that just aren't true.

Unfortunately, at my ELO, it is true. It's for trolls and people who aren't really interesting in contributing to the team. Like the vast majority of rogues in WoW's PvP or whatever, really.
    Right but your first statement was that Teemo shouldn't be pickable and he is not an AD carry. If you had originally just said "Wow I have had a lot of shitty Teemos on my team lately." it would be different.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Arivia needs to set up a stream so we can help her.

This is like our community project. Get Arivia to a competent ELO.

• Options

Right but your first statement was that Teemo shouldn't be pickable and he is not an AD carry. If you had originally just said "Wow I have had a lot of shitty Teemos on my team lately." it would be different.

Honestly, there hasn't been much to change this opinion presented to me.

@ChaosHat That would be nice, but it was actually not that bad until matchmaking spit up all over itself this past week. So weird.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    so what is it with PA people being terrible lately?

I had two games today with PAers

one where a dude started raging at about 4 min in

and another where the team didn't want to surrender, so he quit

jesus christ I might as well be playing with pubs
    @Delphinidaes what have you done

Hey don't look at me, I play with PA to AVOID that crap.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Delphin you rage so hard you make angry Canadians look so polite.

• Options
    ChaosHat wrote: »

I have to admit, I'm not very Canadian when I get angry in solo queue.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    oh man hat

we need to get arivia ume and sampsen in a game

i will play supportlaf

you will stay in bottom lane forever leaching xp

we will do whatever it is that annoys arivia

the sheer amount of canadian rage will be staggeringly tame

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    The great thing about push to talk is that if I ever get mad I don't have to let everyone hear it and then instead quickly and quietly calm myself down and then try to say something about the mistake that was made and then go over what should have happened instead. And then do my best to suggest something that I should have done instead just so that way we both get to learn from the experience.

But I rarely get mad anyways so calming myself down is usually a step that I can skip.

butts
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    oh man hat

i will play supportlaf

i want to spectate this and just laugh my ass off

• Options
    pawa24pawa24 Registered User regular
    I honestly dont know what the heck my problem was tonight. I was so underfarmed in both the PA games I played. Of course the first I got autopicked as mao because I was a derp and was getting range harrassed by a blitz/ashe combo. Then second game I was urgot and was getting shutdown by a teemo blind/soraka silence combo.
    Then again I am only lvl 22 and was playing with 4 lvl 30s on my team so maybe I'm just used to playing against bad pubs.

• Options
    pawa24 wrote: »
    I honestly dont know what the heck my problem was tonight. I was so underfarmed in both the PA games I played. Of course the first I got autopicked as mao because I was a derp and was getting range harrassed by a blitz/ashe combo. Then second game I was urgot and was getting shutdown by a teemo blind/soraka silence combo.
    Then again I am only lvl 22 and was playing with 4 lvl 30s on my team so maybe I'm just used to playing against bad pubs.

yeah pre-30 I just basically played janna every game with pa people.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    I've never played Janna.

• Options
    Jookie wrote: »
    The great thing about push to talk is that if I ever get mad I don't have to let everyone hear it and then instead quickly and quietly calm myself down and then try to say something about the mistake that was made and then go over what should have happened instead. And then do my best to suggest something that I should have done instead just so that way we both get to learn from the experience.

But I rarely get mad anyways so calming myself down is usually a step that I can skip.

if i ever get mad at videos games it just means im not listening to metal loud enough

weird as fuck but metal chills me out hardcore

like if i have problems sleeping ill just crank up black masses by electric wizard and sleep like a babe

• Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    They just need to nerf Soraka into the ground, she's basically the antithesis of fun.

they did nerf her

remember the talon patch?

people still played her, cause she's the only champ who does what she does

TO THE FUCKING GROUND.

She's not exciting or fun to play as, her mechanics are boring as shit, and she makes the lanes boring as shit. Just rework the hell out of her or something and make her at least an interesting character. Right now she's just really good but also very boring.

I don't think she's overpowered, to clarify. Just very good (so you see her pretty much every game) and it makes the game soooo boring.

While you people keep bitching, I'll "boring" my way to the top!

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    They just need to nerf Soraka into the ground, she's basically the antithesis of fun.

they did nerf her

TO THE FUCKING GROUND.

She's not exciting or fun to play as, her mechanics are boring as shit, and she makes the lanes boring as shit. Just rework the hell out of her or something and make her at least an interesting character. Right now she's just really good but also very boring.

I don't think she's overpowered, to clarify. Just very good (so you see her pretty much every game) and it makes the game soooo boring.

Having a visible rating isn't the top

nyoro~n :3

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012

they did nerf her

TO THE FUCKING GROUND.

Having a visible rating isn't the top

nyoro~n :3

Nope you have to catch them all.

Edit: Sorry my sleep deprived mind reverted to middle school.

pawa24 on
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    oh man hat

i will play supportlaf

Lose ChaosHat, and take me. I'll dual-support-Veigar bottom with your Supportlaf.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I guess I have the same response to my music but instead of something slow like that Electric Wizard song I listen to thrash metal. Even though that's basically all I do anyways.

butts
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    @skippydumptruck It's because i was out of town.

• Options
    oh man hat

i will play supportlaf

Lose ChaosHat, and take me. I'll dual-support-Veigar bottom with your Supportlaf.

no you see

the trick is to build supportlaf top lane

zekes shurelyas randuins mogs mogs mogs

this enrages the sampsen

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I still can only barely wrap my head around the idea that Shurelya's/Aegis Olaf is the 'best' build for him. Not even that tanky, only an E dispenser, but it pretty much leaves out his AS bonus and his good Undertow.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

I'm sorry I'll try to control myself :(

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

if i ever get mad at videos games it just means im not listening to metal loud enough

like if i have problems sleeping ill just crank up black masses by electric wizard and sleep like a babe

I find the soothing property of certain kinds of metal to be that they're getting angry for me. Not all metal contains anger. But the metal that does (to me) is the most soothing.
    Like, if I have a string of bad games like I did today, I'll throw on some Static X, Pantera, or Cannibal Corpse.
    But if I have a good day, I might go for something more happy, like Opeth, Trivium, or Scar Symmetry.

Also, Canadians know what the fuck is UP!

• Options
    oh man hat

i will play supportlaf

no you see

the trick is to build supportlaf top lane

zekes shurelyas randuins mogs mogs mogs

this enrages the sampsen

this post with your signature and avatar

i don't fucking even

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    @chaoshat
    @Carnarvon

One of these days I might just politely stop carrying your asses. What then, huh?!? Nothin, that's what.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    I still can only barely wrap my head around the idea that Shurelya's/Aegis Olaf is the 'best' build for him. Not even that tanky, only an E dispenser, but it pretty much leaves out his AS bonus and his good Undertow.

Olaf still has a less than 50% win rate overall, and my guess is because people do stupid shit like building Shurelya's and Aegis on him. I don't mind it at all actually, because I still win 60-70% of my games with him doing my old build, and stupid builds mean he won't ever get nerfed.

• Options
    carrying as an ad carry means that youre ending even

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »

Olaf still has a less than 50% win rate overall, and my guess is because people do stupid shit like building Shurelya's and Aegis on him. I don't mind it at all actually, because I still win 60-70% of my games with him doing my old build, and stupid builds mean he won't ever get nerfed.

where are you seeing that olaf has a <50% win rate overall??

• Options
    edited April 2012

lolbase.net.

I have no idea if it's actually accurate or not, but you can change any parameters you want.

And were this true, anyone could do it.

Sampsen on
  • Options
    nah well just go get sammsin

• Options

I find the soothing property of certain kinds of metal to be that they're getting angry for me. Not all metal contains anger. But the metal that does (to me) is the most soothing.
    Like, if I have a string of bad games like I did today, I'll throw on some Static X, Pantera, or Cannibal Corpse.
    But if I have a good day, I might go for something more happy, like Opeth, Trivium, or Scar Symmetry.

Also, Canadians know what the fuck is UP!

I just blast mostly metal, all of the time. Oddly enough though, my best album for playing LoL to is Sarah McLachlan's Laws of Illusion. Yeah I don't even know.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options

lolbase.net.

I have no idea if it's actually accurate or not, but you can change any parameters you want.

i don't trust lolbase.net statistics at all

the last time their search database was updated with patch information was apparently the olaf patch

you can't even search for dominion stats, like... it's not even an option because the site hasn't been updated in so long

• Options

lolbase.net.

the last time their search database was updated with patch information was apparently the olaf patch

you can't even search for dominion stats, like... it's not even an option because the site hasn't been updated in so long

That doesn't actually surprise me. But from personal experience, the only Olaf other than myself that I have seen do well in the last few weeks was the second time I played Riven(first pick) and got countered by Olaf. That was not a fun game for me.

• Options

lolbase.net.

That doesn't actually surprise me. But from personal experience, the only Olaf other than myself that I have seen do well in the last few weeks was the second time I played Riven(first pick) and got countered by Olaf. That was not a fun game for me.

http://www.lolstatistics.com/champions/all seems to be recent up to the lulu patch, and indicates that olaf has a 1.11 w/l ratio

which isn't bad

mordekaiser's is 1.61 8->

• Options
    Only 8 champs are less than 1.0, so maybe it's counting bot games?

• Options
    Only 8 champs are less than 1.0, so maybe it's counting bot games?

if it counted bot games, i think the thousands and thousands of people going 30 and 0 in them every day would skew the K/D ratios of most champs higher than the reasonable 1:1-ish range they appear to be in

• Options
    speaking of statistics

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/syvaa/a_condensed_statistical_analysis_of_2k_elo/

kind of a fun read if you're into numbers - olaf is at 51.81% win rate at 2k+ ELO

rumble has the highest win rate on NA servers and EUW servers

• Options

lolbase.net.

http://www.lolstatistics.com/champions/all seems to be recent up to the lulu patch, and indicates that olaf has a 1.11 w/l ratio

which isn't bad

morde is just a pain late-game now, I'm not sure what you're supposed to do to shut him down

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular

lolbase.net.

which isn't bad

morde is just a pain late-game now, I'm not sure what you're supposed to do to shut him down

Buy a QSS, laugh as he's forced to ult your support instead of a carry. Then destroy him.

This discussion has been closed.