As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sean Bean was impaled in the making of this [CHAT]

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/tv_in_real_dime_ph0GiKk7rC9agDUEkHae2I

I imagine the conversation went something like this...

"Hey, you know that thing people who won't pay for cable, pay to use instead?"

"Yeah?"

"Let's fuck it up!"

Dang. That sucks.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular

"Yeah?"

"Let's fuck it up!"

Oh for fuck's sake.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    it'll be lighter and have more spare ammo though

Yeah I'm using it on my level 2 infiltrator right now so i can have more sabotage

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    ronya wrote: »
    also yesterday there was a hilarious example of "yeah but that's what he would've done" whinging that I batsignaled to you, spool, did you get it

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22945624#Comment_22945624

haahaahah that is terrible. The world is cray
    fish fillet
    ain't it jay

spool32 on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

"Yeah?"

"Let's fuck it up!"

Cable is incredibly outmoded and stupid.

The logic behind it is fascinating really. Of course people who don't pay for cable will start paying for cable, so they can keep paying for Hulu, which they were only paying for because they didn't want to pay for cable. I mean that's how it works, right?

Of course!

I certainly didn't cancel hulu plus because the ads were too fucking annoying. I get that 18 mins of ads per hour of shows is what you get on TV, but you can change the channel, I'm certainly not fucking putting up with it ON THE INTERNET.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I guess I need to finish watching Exosquad sooner rather than later, then.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2012
    I love Christopher Nolan and I love his movies but the trailers always highlight what I think is his absolute weak point, and that is the really portentous dialogue. It's worst in the Batman films.

WHY DO WE FALL, BRUCE

SO WE CAN PICK OURSELVES UP AGAIN

oh, fuck off! fuck! off!

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    I will just put my hand up as a resource if people would like to switch from stupid hulu to... not-hulu streaming, via XBMC media player and
    usenet.

I have done this.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    There are literally whole sites dedicated to giving you plausible US identities, mostly for foreigners to register at Amazon, Steam, etc. but yeah they exist

There are multiple levels of verification available in the processing system. A merchant has a lower burden of proof, seeing how it's not illegal to sell a mixing bowl to a foreign national, but it is illegal to take a campaign contribution from one. You can see the difference when you buy something from Amazon, and when you buy gasoline.

my question was, how do they verify that. They could demand your ZIP code, but verifying that it is in, fact, a ZIP code is nigh meaningless if the requirement is that you actually live at that code. It's just numbers, anyone can come up with a postal code.

Visa has your billing address to match against. How much of that address they use is up to the merchant. For example: if you type in someone else's zipcode at the gas pump, you won't get any gas.

visa doesn't check that you live at the billing address either, actually :P

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    oh right I'm seeing the red hot chili peppers this friday

I was all stressed about missing my chem lab that day but now that it's approaching I'm remember that I don't give a shit and it's the red hot chili peppers live

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I love Christopher Nolan and I love his movies but the trailers always highlight what I think is his absolute weak point, and that is the really portentous dialogue. It's worst in the Batman films.

WHY DO WE FALL, BRUCE

oh, fuck off! fuck! off!

This reminds me of a dream i had once. i was on a beach with batman and behind me, i could see two sets of footsteps, except during the hardest times. i asked him, "Why did you leave me, Batman? Why during the times when i needed you most?" And he said "i'm Batman."

Changed my life.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I will just put my hand up as a resource if people would like to switch from stupid hulu to... not-hulu streaming, via XBMC media player and
    usenet.

I have done this.

Supernews is so super!

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Fuck this. Down with cable!

You are obsolete. Die.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

"Yeah?"

"Let's fuck it up!"

Welp, good thing Cartoon Network already pulling BS like this has helped to slowly ween me from caring about any kind of television at all.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    why the fuck would hulu do that?

hbo go does that but that makes sense. what is the point of hulu now.

for me to watch the L+O episode of community and laugh my ass off

• Options

WHY DO WE FALL, BRUCE

oh, fuck off! fuck! off!

EXCUSE ME JACOB BUT I THINK THAT IS BEAUTIFUL DIALOGUE

it's how I talk every day, when I quote that line from the movie I mean

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    There are literally whole sites dedicated to giving you plausible US identities, mostly for foreigners to register at Amazon, Steam, etc. but yeah they exist

There are multiple levels of verification available in the processing system. A merchant has a lower burden of proof, seeing how it's not illegal to sell a mixing bowl to a foreign national, but it is illegal to take a campaign contribution from one. You can see the difference when you buy something from Amazon, and when you buy gasoline.

my question was, how do they verify that. They could demand your ZIP code, but verifying that it is in, fact, a ZIP code is nigh meaningless if the requirement is that you actually live at that code. It's just numbers, anyone can come up with a postal code.

Visa has your billing address to match against. How much of that address they use is up to the merchant. For example: if you type in someone else's zipcode at the gas pump, you won't get any gas.

And there are an ample number of locations that will provide P.O. Boxes as suite addresses.

• Options

Well, it's not perfect but it's a pretty solid proxy. Because that's where they send the bills, and they get mad if you don't pay.

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    why the fuck would hulu do that?

hbo go does that but that makes sense. what is the point of hulu now.

for me to watch the L+O episode of community and laugh my ass off

well okay yes but I meant they are defeating a huge part of their purpose to my understanding

excellent episode though

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Cable is slightly cooler than land line telephones.

• Options

Well, it's not perfect but it's a pretty solid proxy. Because that's where they send the bills, and they get mad if you don't pay.

statements appear online.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    If that trailer showed
    Dick&Damien

I will either love it or dislike it a little but still be okay with it.

flying cars = mistake.
    Banes voice = I like it.
    Batmans voice = At this point, whatever, I don't care anymore

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    @jacobkosh Pony has to work Thursday evening

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

People still get paper bills?

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    zou bisou bisou

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

WHY DO WE FALL, BRUCE

oh, fuck off! fuck! off!

EXCUSE ME JACOB BUT I THINK THAT IS BEAUTIFUL DIALOGUE

it's how I talk every day, when I quote that line from the movie I mean

hahaha

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    yeah, PAF is going to have people who know how to Order Surreptitiously From US Sites

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Publication bias is a well known phenomenon in clinical literature, in which positive results have a better chance of being published, are published earlier, and are published in journals with higher impact factors. Conclusions exclusively based on published studies, therefore, can be misleading. Selective under-reporting of research might be more widespread and more likely to have adverse consequences for patients than publication of deliberately falsified data. We investigated whether there is preferential publication of positive papers on publication bias.

They conclude, “We found no evidence of publication bias in reports on publication bias.” But of course that’s the sort of finding regarding publication bias of findings on publication bias that you’d expect would get published. What we really need is a careful meta-analysis to estimate the level of publication bias in studies of publication bias of studies of publication bias.

haw haw

I love this.

Also because fuck clinical science.

"Look at this awesome thing we discovered with basic research. Now lets blow billions of dollars in funding throwing it at every problem we have and seeing if it sticks."
    This may be an absurd over-exaggeration.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    TehSloth wrote: »

People still get paper bills?

What's paper bills? :?

21stCentury on
  • Options
    I guess Romney's website is pretty ok, I still think Obama has pretty much knocked that area out of the park from day 1

McCain had an awful website

• Options
    @jacobkosh Pony has to work Thursday evening

it's coo, he PM'ed me

• Options
    Yes, you can circumvent the address requirements with some effort. Are we really going to argue that address verification is completely meaningless? Because that's nonsense.

• Options
    I guess Romney's website is pretty ok, I still think Obama has pretty much knocked that area out of the park from day 1

John McCain was a war hero. Sounds like we need to send you to the Hanoi Hilton, traitor.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

but again that has nothing to do with what is legally required and what can be deemed legally sufficient.

If you think what the Obama campaign is doing is legally insufficient you should contact someone with standing to sue.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Yes, you can circumvent the address requirements with some effort. Are we really going to argue that address verification is completely meaningless? Because that's nonsense.

I think we are arguing it doesn't mean as much as you want us to think it does?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Lesbian.

Les, be Anne.

• Options

I think we are arguing it doesn't mean as much as you want us to think it does?

That is correct.

• Options
    usenet.

I have done this.

Can't discuss piracy on the boards, yo.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    This is hype

CFV2J.png

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

John McCain was a war hero. Sounds like we need to send you to the Hanoi Hilton, traitor.

A real hero would've brought the plane back in one piece.

nibXTE7.png
This discussion has been closed.