As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 is COMPLETELY SOLD OUT!

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited September 2012 in PAX West
PAX Prime 2012 is completely sold out!

A summary, now that passes are totally sold out.

1) PAX prime is popular, and will always sell out, likely faster than it did the previous year.
2) To the folks who are asking for a notification method: Twitter is and has been your friend for quick PAX notifications for years. Don't like Twitter? Too bad, you might miss out on some tweet notifications. If they ever change the notification system, I bet the announcement of that change will be A TWEET.
3) They are not changing registration for this year and they are not adding more badges, pax is sold out.
4) There will be a suggestions thread after pax in which you will be able to post an intelligent and well thought out suggestion on how to improve registration (or something else about pax).

If you want to continue to discuss the registration system, please be calm, collected, and think before you post.

Working registration has been re-launched!

Hopefully it doesn't die this time!

Good luck, and <deity>speed.

If you have registration problems, post them here. The powers that be will be occasionally taking a look over here.

If you previously registered under the old system, you should have already received a second confirmation email that talked about the mess and that you were still all set for your registration. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RE-REGISTER UNDER THE NEW SYSTEM. If you have issues, email [email protected] with detailed information for a resolution.

More information for if you registered under the old system. Currently you cannot log in to the new system with your old system's information to edit your registration. I got confirmation that this will be addressed within the next week or so, and we will receive yet another confirmation email that details our original registration as it gets transferred into the new system.
We will be transferring the data early next week. You’ll get a new confirmation that you will be able to log in with and update your information. Thanks for your patience.

zerzhul on

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH REGISTRATION

Please post them here :)

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Data Center Operations Systems Engineer Silicon Valley, CARegistered User regular
    I just got my tickets and email confirmation no issues simple and easy :)

My Game Collection
    Dakinggamer's Paradise

PAX Prime 2015 - hotel room [] 4 day badge [√]
  • Zoroark173Zoroark173 Registered User regular
    Yes! Finally up! First PAX, Here I come!

• ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Thanks Zerzhul for keeping us updated :D

ptriz21_teamkill on
    3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I bought passes before the PAX Pass Crash of 2012. I later got an email from PAX saying they were changing websites for the registration process. It told me that I did NOT have to repurchase my passes. So if people are unsure, check if you got that email before buying again.

I have info in the OP that addresses that, along with even more information I received from pax_questions. =D

• ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I bought passes before the PAX Pass Crash of 2012. I later got an email from PAX saying they were changing websites for the registration process. It told me that I did NOT have to repurchase my passes. So if people are unsure, check if you got that email before buying again.

I have info in the OP that addresses that, along with even more information I received from pax_questions. =D

Clearly you think I read!
    (will edit :) )

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    So I got my badges before the crash. Got the second email. But I wanted to log in and check my badges. But it says that the email I used is not registered. I know it's entered correctly though.
    What gives?

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    So I got my badges before the crash. Got the second email. But I wanted to log in and check my badges. But it says that the email I used is not registered. I know it's entered correctly though.
    What gives?

They are moving the old info to the new system next week. You will get a new E-mail once its done.

IhtGIyi.png
    What gives?

read the OP please.

Ah right. Gotcha.

*sheepish grin*

Thanks.
    :)

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • number57number57 Registered User new member
    email confirmation ^_^

• awyldknghtawyldknght Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    hmm I have questions about how many I got with the old system. I'll email paxquestions again to see if I can get a straight answer, since the new registation is open.

Is there a phone number I can call to talk to a person dealing with the tickets?

awyldknght on
    [ X ] PAX Prime 2013 tickets purchased [ X ] Hotel Room booked
    [ ] PAX Coin Ordered/Reserved
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    awyldknght wrote: »

Is there a phone number I can call to talk to a person dealing with the tickets?

Cathy Glickstein
    Sr. Registration Manager
    Reed Exhibitions
    383 Main Avenue
    Norwalk, CT 06851
    ph - (203) 840-5978
    fax - (203) 840-9978
    [email protected]

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    I assume they'll properly move the "Check here to be registered for the Omegathon" stuff as well?

• Zoroark173Zoroark173 Registered User regular
    I got registered! Just waiting on a hotel. My mom works for this big discount rewards program for Intel employees (google Passport Unlimited), and she is checking to see if there is a better deal at the Sheraton through it.

SkeleVader wrote: »

Cathy Glickstein
    Sr. Registration Manager
    Reed Exhibitions
    383 Main Avenue
    Norwalk, CT 06851
    ph - (203) 840-5978
    fax - (203) 840-9978
    [email protected]

That's the info I have from the old registration, but I don't know if that is for the current one.

edited May 2012

That's the info I have from the old registration, but I don't know if that is for the current one.

The information I posted is correct, I just talked to her today about my badges.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
    SkeleVader wrote: »

The information I posted is correct.

Ok Thank you Skele.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Indeed. Reed Exhibitions are the folks that help put PAX together along with PA.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    Just tried calling. It's after hours. I'll try calling in the morning. Stupid East coast time difference.

• HeyJoeHeyJoe SeattleRegistered User regular
    Working like a charm, see you at PAX!

• zephusdragonzephusdragon Registered User regular
    Woot Woot! First timers to PAX this year! Here we come!

3-Day Pass [x]
    Hotel Booked [x]
    Drive Fiancee Batty over PAX [x][x][x]
  • rnaicarnaica Ninja Dino! Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
  • pinkGodzillapinkGodzilla Registered User regular
    It worked! I no longer need a sacrifice for the internet gods! <friends all sigh in relief>

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    No no no. It's not "Here we come", it's "Welcome Home".

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Zoroark173 wrote: »
    I got registered! Just waiting on a hotel. My mom works for this big discount rewards program for Intel employees (google Passport Unlimited), and she is checking to see if there is a better deal at the Sheraton through it.

@Zoroark173 To my knowledge there are zero rooms available at the Sheraton for non-conference attendees for that weekend. None.

So unless this Intel rewards program has blocks of rooms reserved, that discount ain't gonna do you any good.

EDIT: They don't charge your card now, so if you want the Sheraton you should book it now through OnPeak, then cancel if you can find a better deal. There's no charge for that until like the week of the con.

mcdermott on
    No no no. It's not "Here we come", it's "Welcome Home".
    Way! This is so true!!

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    3-day badges are gone

HOLY SHIT. can I transfer a pass to a friend???!

I wanna buy one-day passes for a friend and transfer them to him, can this be done???!?!

mcdermott wrote: »
    I wanna buy one-day passes for a friend and transfer them to him, can this be done???!?!

You can hand them to him in person.

• anomalyxanomalyx Registered User regular
    Ok, all I wanted to say is this is some serious bs. How can you be sold out of 3 day passes when you still have single day passes available for all 3 days? Shouldn't there be 3 day passes until 1 of the 3 days is totally sold out?

• MelceneMelcene Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    Holy crap. Not even two days (counting last week). Not even sure if today + last week would be a full 24 hours. That's craziness.

melcene-wide.png
    mogablah-BlackUserbar.gif
  • spillcanvasgirlspillcanvasgirl Registered User regular
    I agree with anomalyx

• mikegonzalezmikegonzalez Registered User regular
    Incredible. Last year they sold out in 22 days, if I'm not mistaken. This could generously be considered two days. So glad I gave my friends a heads-up earlier today.

"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."

XBL: ii Mike G ii - PSN: Greddy21 - Steam: notmikegonzalez - Slytherin - Death Eater
    Well I hope I have my passes since I can't get a straight clear response from someone and 3 day passes are gone

• MelceneMelcene Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    anomalyx wrote: »
    Ok, all I wanted to say is this is some serious bs. How can you be sold out of 3 day passes when you still have single day passes available for all 3 days? Shouldn't there be 3 day passes until 1 of the 3 days is totally sold out?
    I agree with anomalyx

Because they're completely different passes. The three days passes say 3-DAY on them, whereas the single day passes don't even say 1-Day, but the particular day of the week.

melcene-wide.png
    mogablah-BlackUserbar.gif
  • KaneBlaireauKaneBlaireau Registered User regular
    Melcene wrote: »
    I agree with anomalyx

Because they're completely different passes. The three days passes say 3-DAY on them, whereas the single day passes don't even say 1-Day, but the particular day of the week.

This does not effect me as I got in the early sale by pure luck, but why don't they just make LESS of the single day and MORE of the 3 day?! Demand is OBVIOUSLY there and this is HORRIBLY unfair to anyone who can't sit on their computer at all hours waiting.

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Holy crap, already? Thank god I got in last week. In terms of actual uptime on the site, went from 22 days to like 22 hours.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • anomalyxanomalyx Registered User regular
    Melcene wrote: »
    I agree with anomalyx

That's a bit of a lame excuse.

This discussion has been closed.