As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh, [chat] is a place on Earth.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    man i forgot how awesome skyrim was. or at least, how expansive. awesome too, but definitely expansive. just so much shit to do!

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    man i forgot how awesome skyrim was. or at least, how expansive. awesome too, but definitely expansive. just so much shit to do!

Most fully realized fantasy world to date.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    hello chat

Hello, bloodyroar

Wanna help me murder Origin?

Or rather do you have some idea how we could bring this about?

On a close note I want to sell my origin account because really, Im never going to play ME3 again.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I found another undiscovered site in Skyrim today.

Which is ridiculous since I have put many months of play time into this one character.

And.There.Is.Still.Stuff.To.Find.

<3

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    is it worth going to different shops to sell different goods? like, do weapons shops not offer good prices for rings and robes and stuff? or does it not matter?

i am not interested in micromanaging the stuff unless it makes a big difference

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    how do i poker face

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Organichu wrote: »
    is it worth going to different shops to sell different goods? like, do weapons shops not offer good prices for rings and robes and stuff? or does it not matter?

i am not interested in micromanaging the stuff unless it makes a big difference

Unless you invest in the speech skill tree shops will only buy/sell the items they carry (example:weapons and armor can't be sold at the alchemists shop, only at the weapon/blacksmith/general shops).

All shops (as far as I know) buy/sell the same items for the same prices, the only way to increase the give/take in your favor is to invest in the speech skill&perks.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    So, the bar my friends and I are regulars at is Mexican-themed-ish. This Saturday is Cinco de Mayo.

It is going to be awesome.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Given what I know about scalping, you typically don't see the online stuff turn up until just a bit before the actual event takes place. It's a price control strategy.

I'm sure some scalpers hold onto some of their inventory, but time value of money and all that jazz.

You assume many scalpers wish to attend the events they sell tickets to. As someone who's done some scalping (and knows more than a few scalpers), such is often not the case.

Things like that ebay listing give economists nightmares.

$350 for a 3 day pass when a pass for every day totals $105. DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

I also suspect that scalpers aren't going to get the ROI that they expect.

Potato we need to hang out this weekend. Talk about goat economics.

Mi casa es su casa.

I'm going to hold you to that should I decide to attend PAX.

If I'm staying at the same place, it won't be an issue.

If I'm staying somewhere else, it probably won't be an issue.

Regardless, LOL TACOMA U BAD.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I love watching koreans play SC2 under a low ranked alt account.

Man that has gotta be terrible to go against. I really disagree with the concept of alt accounts in games like that.

• Options
    Thanatos wrote: »
    So, the bar my friends and I are regulars at is Mexican-themed-ish. This Saturday is Cinco de Mayo.

I'm going to be training today, tomorrow, and Friday for this weekend.

Lots of liquid. Lots of rest. Lots of low-key cardio. Get myself ready. Then make myself not-ready. On Saturday.

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular

As long as they don't force sombreros on people.

• Options
    edited May 2012

Lots of liquid. Lots of rest. Lots of low-key cardio. Get myself ready. Then make myself not-ready. On Saturday.
    They open at noon. But there's a Sounders game starting at 1:00. So you may want to show up at 3:00.

Thanatos on
  • Options

They open at noon. But there's a Sounders game starting at 1:00. So you may want to show up at 3:00.

I am growing to loathe soccer.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Okay, too much time spent on OKC, getting a little batty.

I need to do something else for a minute.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Okay, too much time spent on OKC, getting a little batty.

I need to do something else for a minute.

Jumping jacks!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I love watching koreans play SC2 under a low ranked alt account.

Man that has gotta be terrible to go against. I really disagree with the concept of alt accounts in games like that.

I'd rather get thumped in 10 mins by a pro using an alt then lose in a long drawn out game to someone in my own skill group.

You learn a thing or two and brag about how you played so-and-so and came this close to beating her/him.... no you can't watch the recording!

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited May 2012

I am growing to loathe soccer.
    I am sure I am going to have similar feelings regarding DIII in a month or so.

Remember my sympathy and this warning when the time comes. :bz

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I know news can be a side show but HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THIS LADY

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/02/ridiculist-too-tan-mom/

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    The particularly enraging style of discourse aside, the banality thread is actually moving in a productive direction. I think.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

So late. :bz

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Noooooooo

• Options
    edited May 2012

How does she not have skin cancer?

Also: I know a guy who talks just like that woman. Same hand gestures, same tone/attitude, similar word choices, the works. Creepy.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    look at this

Space 4X game that seems clean and accessible and well-made and it's just in alpha.

I am intrigued, even though SotS2 bit super hard.

If it is turn based I am curious. But SotS1 didn't grab me. There was something missing from it.

Oh! No, this ain't by those sons of bitches

fuck them

fuck their horrid attempt at releasing an alpha as a full game

This is by a totally new studio, it's simultaneous turn-based, vs AI primarily, but also humans if you feel like it.

Interesting bits:

if you preorder, you can vote on design decisions (mostly cosmetic at this stage)

Combat involves no direct control. Instead, you issue general orders or decide certain choice points, sort of a slightly more interactive Gratuitous Space Battles. Which I like, actually. Civ is essentially auto-combat, and it's always a good time. If the decisions get more complex and entertaining with tech upgrades that would be great too.

The UI looks nice and it is super fucking pretty.
    Endless-Space-Galaxy-View.jpg
    Endless-Space-Tech-Tree.jpg
    Endless-Space-System-View.jpg
    Endless-Space-Ship-Design.jpg

I mean it looks basically like a solid, fun, pretty 4X. Which I know everyone always chimes in with a fucking laundry list anytime you say this but which I haven't seen in a while.

There's a writeup here.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Passerbye wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Oh hey, Passer is back! Hooray!

Passer, did I tell you I got that job thing in Japan, because I did, it's pretty great

but that does put a timer on when I will need my husky for maximum luck potential

Aha, when do you need him?

I guess the latest for me to get him and still be in Australia would be early to mid July? After that I'll be in the "moving to Japan" transition, which isn't a great period to be sent a tiny adorable puppy dawg

• Options
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Oh hey, Passer is back! Hooray!

Passer, did I tell you I got that job thing in Japan, because I did, it's pretty great

but that does put a timer on when I will need my husky for maximum luck potential

Aha, when do you need him?

I guess the latest for me to get him and still be in Australia would be early to mid July? After that I'll be in the "moving to Japan" transition, which isn't a great period to be sent a tiny adorable puppy dawg

Ah, yeah, no worries, I'll get him to you before then.

Congrats on the Japan job!

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    All of our forumers are being outsourced to Japan.

Pretty soon we will be speaking exclusively in kawaiis and desus.

• Options
    Trying to remember the name of a goth/emo/punk kinda band from the early 90's. The name is related to the church (missionary, seminary, something like that) and I knew the name a couple days ago, it's on the tip of my tongue and my brain refuses to cough it up.

So frustrating.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Goth/emo/punk band with a name vaguely church related?

This should be easy. ;)

• Options
    edited May 2012
    mcdermott wrote: »

This should be easy. ;)

The answer was Ministry. *Slaps forehead* Apparently they are industrial metal according to wiki. I was way off in man ways.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

Fear not, for I shall remain pure. Because frankly Japan terrifies me.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Winky wrote: »

the sugoi index has seen exponential growth over the last three quarters

I suggest investing in the shoujo market

simonwolf on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Ah! That actually was super-easy then!

For some reason I never thought of them as a 90's band.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Trying to remember the name of a goth/emo/punk kinda band from the early 90's. The name is related to the church (missionary, seminary, something like that) and I knew the name a couple days ago, it's on the tip of my tongue and my brain refuses to cough it up.

So frustrating.

Sepulcher? Cathedral?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular

So frustrating.

The Mission? The Sisterhood? Sisters of Mercy?

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    mcdermott wrote: »

This should be easy. ;)

The answer was Ministry. *Slaps forehead* Apparently they are industrial metal according to wiki. I was way off in man ways.

Yeah, Ministry is pretty much not goth. HOW DARE YOU, SIR!

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

So frustrating.

Sepulcher? Cathedral?

Ministry, but I was so lost I was even trying "Confessional, pew, alter."

When the god of nerds was rolling my stats INT was a dump stat. :P

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

So frustrating.

The Mission? The Sisterhood? Sisters of Mercy?

C & C Music Factory?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Four Non Blondes?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Banality of evil thread

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.