As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• Options
    l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    At work still. How is Blasphemer420 still alive?

Because I was proven to Saber to be Jedi, along with yourself, assuran, nirya, SNT, and cayrus

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    warban wrote: »
    And here I was thinking SaberOverEasy said he trusted Mr.B. I'm kind of disappointed. But we have a total of two sith members from the first council dead. There could be a third But I would doubt it.

Also SaberOverEasy never used the secondary effect of his[mentor] power. I still think he got role blocked Yesterday by one of the 4, now 3 Padawans. I think this should be looked into.

And The SK duo are out of the game so yay for that as well. At least I think they have been eliminated.

I meditated on MrBlarney last night and got that he was a Jedi, then he died Sith the same night. Meditation is the most useless power we knights have at this point.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I assumed from the narration of. One to have the power one to take it that it was a special one time ability. Otherwise it would of been an overpowered conversion.

There's at least Darth Mask still here. From what we've seen, it seems like the Dark Lord can just recruit a new apprentice whenever he feels like it. That's why I asked earlier, how are we supposed to actually kill these guys?

Maybe the conversion has finally run out of steam, but to say that they are both dead is silly, warban.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Assuran is listed as a Dark Lord where as Baidol and MrBlarney were listed as apprentices respectivly.

Also Assuran was a purple sith killed by a purple kill.

My money is that there are two pairs of purple siths. Leaving one more we have to kill.

---

Also notice that Gaslight was double killed by two different red sources.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Assuran is listed as a Dark Lord where as Baidol and MrBlarney were listed as apprentices respectivly.

Also Assuran was a purple sith killed by a purple kill.

My money is that there are two pairs of purple siths. Leaving one more we have to kill.

No, if you read the narrations, the message is different.

There was, initially, one pair of purple Sith, the Dark Lord (Darth Hekatombe) and the Apprentice. Then the Apprentice, Baidol, died, and Darth Mask trained a new Apprentice by converting someone the next night. Then, several days later, the new Apprentice, who we have learned is named Darth Mask, rose up against his master and killed Darth Hekatombe (Assuran). This is pretty much how the cannon goes, from what I understand, in that the Rule of Two Sith succeed each other only when they are strong enough to kill their previous master (maybe "strong enough" implies after a certain number of kills or something?).

As Darth Hekatombe dies, he says that he knows Darth Mask already has a new apprentice, so the Rule of Two is upheld ("always two there are, a Master and an Apprentice"). Now, last night, Schuss just died as an Apprentice. That was clearly Darth Mask's new Apprentice, and we are still looking for Darth Mask.

Is there a new Apprentice yet? Now that I've gone through this clearly, it looks like it takes the Dark Lord an extra night to train a new Apprentice (when purple gets no kill). So, if we don't find Darth Mask tonight, he will train a new Apprentice, and there will be two again.

Make sense?

Steam profile
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    No there was assuran who was the dark lord but then his apprentice killed him and took over the mantle of dark lord, apparently they just get to keep replacing their apprentice which seems too powerful but ... Also I'm going to have a quick look through but the Smoove vote was being pushed awfully hard by a few people last night and apparently to get the vote off of Blarney. It didnt feel right and I even said it in PMs but didnt stick with my gut and push back for my original vote.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    No there was assuran who was the dark lord but then his apprentice killed him and took over the mantle of dark lord, apparently they just get to keep replacing their apprentice which seems too powerful but ... Also I'm going to have a quick look through but the Smoove vote was being pushed awfully hard by a few people last night and apparently to get the vote off of Blarney. It didnt feel right and I even said it in PMs but didnt stick with my gut and push back for my original vote.

If Smoove was actually the network head's dying wish, which seemed to be the case, then there's probably going to be a lot of innocents in that wagon.

Steam profile
  • Options
    I was in contact with saber and he made no mention of smoove to me, I was unsure of Ketbra and Blarny was pushing me hard in pms to support the smoove vote. I need to look at the spreadsheets again but I think theres something there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    There should be another confirmed villager which can hook up with the network for certain after capturing the planet last night.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Im also interested in this future of the jedi who seems to have a vig as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    There should be another confirmed villager which can hook up with the network for certain after capturing the planet last night.

Is there still a network?

Steam profile
  • Options
    You know the funny thing is, I have no idea. I have been external to the network and it has been glorious to watch the whole thing from the sidelines. I have followed orders when given them on the council and blamed you for being mafia the whole game but I have never seen the short list of suspected mafia players.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    OOoooOOOooooo...

So much effort to kill but one, newly-promoted Jedi. What is it that you fear, Sith? Do you even know?

My only regret is that you made me doubt my master before he died.

ooOOooOOOOOoo...

Gaslight on
  • Options
    You know the funny thing is, I have no idea. I have been external to the network and it has been glorious to watch the whole thing from the sidelines. I have followed orders when given them on the council and blamed you for being mafia the whole game but I have never seen the short list of suspected mafia players.

Then you realize, seeing your apparent ignorance, your previous post is a bit... peculiar, right?

And yeah, you have been after me this game, hahaha. It's been fun :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    kime wrote: »

Then you realize, seeing your apparent ignorance, your previous post is a bit... peculiar, right?

And yeah, you have been after me this game, hahaha. It's been fun :P

Not as fun as when you do turn out to be Mafia. By my last post I'm just suggesting that for every planet we take we get another confirmed villager. This can single handedly win us the game.

Well maybe not single handedly but you get the point.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Ok so I can find evidence to support 4 or 5 different people and they cant all be mafia, seeing as there is apparently no network lets start on a new one. I am

The Sword Of The Jedi

I need anyone who has information or access to one of the planetary powers to contact me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Well that's a pretty useless reveal.

There's no inherent reason to trust you, but every reason for the sith to murderate you, now.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »

There's no inherent reason to trust you, but every reason for the sith to murderate you, now.

Well, there's only one Sword. So at this point, we can wait 5-6 hours, see if it gets countered. If not, then we can assume he's legit. Complaints?

Steam profile
  • Options

There's 14 people left and as kime pointed out if I'm lying I would get exposed super fast. With so few people left and no apparent network dont you think its more prudent for me to try and do some good today before I possibly die anyways and leave nothing for the next sword? Besides there may still be some guards out there who want to protect me and without revealing I cant get that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    ooOOoOOOoooOooOOo

The Benubi Legacy:
    It was law school graduation. Congrats Rawkking. Thanks for the graduation present guys!

OOooOOOoOOoooOOOo

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    ooOOOoooOOOO

Converted and killed one day after the next. No fun for me.

OOOOoooooOOOOOooo

• Options
    Possibly he knows that someone is guarding him, and is hoping to bring the dark lord to the surface by stretching his neck out

• Options
    Make sense?
    Sure!

But if there are still converstions available and this few people around I get the feeling we are pretty screwed :S

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular

Because I was proven to Saber to be Jedi, along with yourself, assuran, nirya, SNT, and cayrus

Elaborate? Especially with Assuran being "proven to be jedi" this claim alone is worrying.

This better not be "There's no way a sith could possibly have a sith apprentice."

• Options
    Make sense?
    Sure!

But if there are still converstions available and this few people around I get the feeling we are pretty screwed :S

Not if we kill Darth Mask today!

Steam profile
  • Options
    Are you darth mask Kime?

Is this why you know so much and are so helpfull?

• Options
    Are you darth mask Kime?

Is this why you know so much and are so helpfull?

It's all in the narrations, no?

But yeah, I'm totally Darth Mask, muahahahaha! (Just kidding. "Darth Mask" is a stupid name! I'd have a totally awesome Sith name)

Steam profile
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Kime, usually he doesn't survive this long without some sort of leverage...

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Augh!

KIME

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    If I was Mafia and I wanted to implicate Kime I would totally pick The Dark Frosting Lord.

As there has been two Mafia on the council defeated and I assume the rest of the living council are villagers I could be wrong, There might be three but I think it's more unlikely to do a 3 starting share on the council when mafia can be promoted to the council as well. And Since the new mentor power cannot target other council members to seer them I suggest we kill off one of the newly appointed council men. !Nirya l3lasphemer69 or Figgy.

Unless Mr. Mojo Risin had other ideas I think this would be our best course of action.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options

Elaborate? Especially with Assuran being "proven to be jedi" this claim alone is worrying.

This better not be "There's no way a sith could possibly have a sith apprentice."

I specifically received a PM stating as such from Saber, the day before he was killed. At the time he was positive that all on that PM was jedi

• Options
    ^ kk, that isn't really "proof" but I can see as a new player you could make that mistake.

Think warban is right about the rest of the original council being jedi, it's very statistically unlikely a third red sith is there with 20% mafia. The new council is a good place to search for mafia, though I don't have a good read on any of those three.
    If Smoove was actually the network head's dying wish, which seemed to be the case, then there's probably going to be a lot of innocents in that wagon.

Yeah, as much as you'd like me to I'm not going to ignore the smoove wagon solely because it was recommended by an ex-head, and I'm especially not going to forget that you hemmed and hawwed about voting, refusing to vote for or even acknowledge the Blarney vote until the smoove wagon entered the station, at which point you oh-so "ambivalently" leaped onto it. Voting is sooo hard, abloo blooooooo.

Either red or purple, kime is evil this game.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I will continue to vote for kime until someone (not-kime) gives me a reason not to.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    ^ kk, that isn't really "proof" but I can see as a new player you could make that mistake.

Think warban is right about the rest of the original council being jedi, it's very statistically unlikely a third red sith is there with 20% mafia. The new council is a good place to search for mafia, though I don't have a good read on any of those three.

Yeah, as much as you'd like me to I'm not going to ignore the smoove wagon solely because it was recommended by an ex-head, and I'm especially not going to forget that you hemmed and hawwed about voting, refusing to vote for or even acknowledge the Blarney vote until the smoove wagon entered the station, at which point you oh-so "ambivalently" leaped onto it. Voting is sooo hard, abloo blooooooo.

Either red or purple, kime is evil this game.

You hurt my feelings :(.

There's nothing really to defend, here. I wasn't around much of the day (well, I'd do a bit on my phone, but that's not too easy). I wasn't sure on a vote, then more than one person said that the network head said to vote for Smoove. The obvious choice is to vote for Smoove, and I'm not the only person who did that. You're voting for me because I'm me, not because of my actions :P. (Which is fine, hahaha, but be honest about it, Rawkking Evilguy! I always like playing with your name, tee hee)
    Cayrus wrote: »
    I will continue to vote for kime until someone (not-kime) gives me a reason not to.

Do they have to be in the game?

Steam profile
  • Options
    uh-huh

• Options
    uh-huh

Flawless counter!

Rawkking wins, I'm clearly evil :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Welp Kime is giving off SK vibes so here we go

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    I guess no one wants to stay one step ahead of the bell curve.

!kime Though after all this, I really am not completely certain my guess was right.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Welp Kime is giving off SK vibes so here we go

Again. I would not pick the name "Darth Mask", and it offends me that you think I could stoop so low!

Steam profile
  • Options
    But If I am right. I'm taking 100% responsibly for your death.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!