As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [chat] Unlike Any Other

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't have any celebrity stories who a damn. Except that time I banged Veronica Lake and Rosario Dawson. But we've all done that.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    right?!

also, desc, remixed and mastered that tune I sent you

super happy with it!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28011703/rivington master 1.mp3

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    I am watching Sin City and oh my word that innocent daughter from The Gilmore Girls is playing a lady of the night. Crivens!

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    right?!

super happy with it!

bumpin dis

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I've met a fair few big name football players and metal musicians. I dunno how many count as celebrities.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I've met a bunch of celebrities. Comes from doing music and bartending and general nightlifing in NYC

One of my favorite things about living in NYC is when someone says

"Hey, remember that time when Kiefer Sutherland got in a fight with your friend?"

And I can say

"which time and which friend?"

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I helped Matt Damon find his friend at my high school.

Also slept over Susan Saint James's house.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I've met a decent number of authors and politicians, but I don't think anyone outside of me counts them as famous. Or people.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i once saw samwise gamgee from a distance

it was hard to tell, but i'm pretty sure he is hobbit high irl

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Haha christ, 6 hours-ish for 1 question on the stats final.

Might be putting in too much thought here...

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Oh, right, I gave Hillary Clinton a presentation on using computer software to rehabilitate people with head injuries. She seemed genuinely interested. I guess that's the mark of a great politician.

• Options
    the clintons are just awesome

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Like, that's what made the 2008 democratic race so compelling -- it seemed like both obama and hillary wanted to win because they actually wanted to help the country. As opposed to romeny, who is all "It's MY TURN to be president!"

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Like, that's what made the 2008 democratic race so compelling -- it seemed like both obama and hillary wanted to win because they actually wanted to help the country. As opposed to romeny, who is all "It's MY TURN to be president!"

I HAVE BEEN WAITING IN LINE.

NO CUTTING.

• Options
    Football wise I've met Robbie Keane, Kevin Doyle and Teddy Sheringham. Metal wise, uh, the dudes from Opeth, LG from Entombed, Amon Amarth, Jacob Bannon from Converge, Tomas Lindburg from At The Gates, one of the dudes from Primordial goes to my college, Scott Kelly is an absolute gent...

• Options
    Rip Torn got super drunk and broke into the local bank in my home town. He thought it was his house and he'd lost his keys, so he smashed a window, crawled in, and passed out in the lobby.

I guess I have no direct connection to that story other than that I drove by on my way to work and was inconvenienced by the press, but it's too funny not to mention.

• Options
    I did once chase Danny Boyle up an escalator to tell him how awesome his movies are. He was nice.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

NO CUTTING.

I really want Romney to say "it's my turn" during a debate

But his programmers have probably removed that subroutine

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    I tried to give John McCain a high five.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    Football wise I've met Robbie Keane, Kevin Doyle and Teddy Sheringham.

Those sound like soccer names...

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

Football.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    It's the Kentucky Derby, guys!

I should make a thread!

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

NO CUTTING.

I really want Romney to say "it's my turn" during a debate

But his programmers have probably removed that subroutine

I'm still waiting for a "LOVE ME."

• Options
  • Options
    Do you ever just sit there and play with a UI for like 5 minutes.

Like there is nothing going on in your head, your primitive monkey brain is just marveling at how buttons highlight and make little clicky sounds as you hover over them.

• Options

Football.

NOT MY AMERICAN INTERNETS THEY AREN'T

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    When I was a kid I had a brief encounter with Adam Sandler, at a football stadium where they were filming The Waterboy, wherein he slapped me on the back and said something like "how's it going kid?"

After he left I was asked: "do you know who that was?"
    "No, who?"
    "Adam Sandler!"
    And I said: "Who's Adam Sandler?"

wandering on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    right?!

super happy with it!

Okay, this is good. The kicks have a nice heft but it's balanced and restrained. The little high end beep pattern coming in and out is dancefloor biz.

Muffled pitchy vocal stuff is always good.

• Options
    Do you ever just sit there and play with a UI for like 5 minutes.

Like there is nothing going on in your head, your primitive monkey brain is just marveling at how buttons highlight and make little clicky sounds as you hover over them.
    I've done this with a UI maker.

First year: You have to place all the buttons manually using swing
    Second year: trolololol netbeans does it all for you

• Options
    desc wrote: »
    right?!

super happy with it!

Okay, this is good. The kicks have a nice heft but it's balanced and restrained. The little high end beep pattern coming in and out is dancefloor biz.

Muffled pitchy vocal stuff is always good.

Thanks! I really think this is release-worthy. Now I just gotta crank out another dancefloor track, an acid workout, and an ambient piece.

TIME TO START MAKING MONEY BITCHES!

tumblr_lyrqggLkcW1qfwshko1_500.gif

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Thor is funnier than I remembered.

• Options
    huh, "Eric McClure" is trending on twitter. I used to go to school with a guy by that name, but it turns out that it's a nascar driver. That was a weird moment.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I tried to give John McCain a high five.

I think one of the most memorable things I could do would be to give Obama a fist bump.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I've also met Lev Yilmaz, the guy who does Tales of Mere Existence. He's not really a celebrity but anyway he was very nice and it turns out that unlike Gabe and Tycho he looks pretty much exactly like his cartoon avatar.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    The closest I've ever come to meeting a celebrity was going to a conference hosted by one of Calgary's longest running news anchors.

EDIT: I probably don't get out enough.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2012
    I once had a dream wherein I ran into the VA who plays David Sarif in Deus Ex while I was shopping

I told him I was sorry about his fucked up personal life

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I haven't met any international celebrities.
    I ended up dancing next to one of the Netherlands most famous authors (Giphart) at a concert once, rode the bus with the national grumpy historian (Maarten van Rossum) and gave a short welcome lecture to a crowd including nobel price winner Gerard 't Hooft.

Also I grew up in a town very near to the tv studios, so a lot of tv presenters and such wandered around at times.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    tumblr_lrbotlpKl81qfwshko1_500.gif

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Kevin Smith seems like a cool dude to hang out with. Same with Gerard Butler, but that may just because his friendship with Craig Ferguson definitely factors into his appearances on Craig's show.

I'd love to meet Mila Kunis or Stephanie Beard some day.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    I haven't really met anyone like super famous. I met a bunch of pro-wrestlers though.

Eddie Guerrero, Kevin Nash, Diamond Dallas Page, Sting, Macho Man, Jim Neidhart, Ric Flair, some other ones that slip my mind.

Diamond Dallas Page and Ric Flair were SUPER nice guys. I interrupted Ric Flair during a pre-match workout at Gold's Gym and he gave me his autograph and was super cool.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
This discussion has been closed.