Options

MLPFiM: Season 3 November 10th

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    That's dumb. Isn't it one of their most popular shows?

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Yep, we're actually lucky to get a full season DVD the way most companies release their kid shows.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    That's dumb. Isn't it one of their most popular shows?

Friendship is Magic's popularity took Hasbro completely by surprise and their marketing arm didn't really talk to their animation arm in the past (don't know how it's going these days), so they're still catching up when it comes to making the most money out of it.

But they're getting there.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    That's so weird. Transformers Prime already has its first season out on blu-ray and the second is coming out next month (pretty much immediately after it ends). I'd think Hasbro would have its shit together.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    That's so weird. Transformers Prime already has its first season out on blu-ray and the second is coming out next month (pretty much immediately after it ends). I'd think Hasbro would have its shit together.

Transformers has 3 Hollywood movies. My Little Pony is a largely-forgotten and rather bad show for little girls.

Such was the convential wisdom.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Welp, looks like my laser tag brony meetup is still going on. Got a confirmation e-mail from the dude running it and saying he has 20+ confirmed people going.
    My face at the moment...
    96ftN.png

Now I may be paranoid about the whole thing due to the horror stories on brony meetups.
    I just want to have fun minus the whole creep factor. I swear if someone starts singing the theme song....
    Oh, as well as getting rid of these glittery mofos finding a good home for these wonderful figures.

They will sing more than just the theme song. There is also guaranteed to be at least 1 person there who will refer to a video game/comic book/cartoon character as their "waifu" and be completely serious. They will then be oblivious to any dirty/odd looks from the rest of the group who want to quickly change topics. Expect a lot of really overused memes (yes, "the cake is a lie" was mildly amusing when I played Portal the first time 5+ years ago, not now). Inevitably someone will probably talk about how ponies saved their life or something too.

Focus on the laser tag and you'll be fine.

Got back from the meetup a couple of hours ago. It was an alright experience. Meet new people wearing pony shirts and hoodies.
    One dude had an awesome custom stitched hoodie with stupid face twilight from Friendship is Witchcraft.
    Lasertag was alright, though I doubt I would go there again, the prices were ridiculous. As far as the type people went, standard fans of the show from what I could tell. Ranging from what they do on the net for the community to writing fanfics. We went to go eat pizza afterwards and talking about the show and (ugh) memes. (You weren't too far off from the target Blendtec.)

Would I do it again? Probably not, at the very least not at the same place.
    My body wants to say It's not my scene...
    Not sure what it means but its how I feel after the experience.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    2ohWien.png
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    Fuck I sure have been gone a long time.

Sup pony thread, are you excited for season 3?

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    but of course

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    2ohWien.png
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    So are Earth ponies dwarves in that universe?

• Options
    I guess? That could be cool.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Oh, no, wait, Earth ponies would of course be human.

I suppose based on the artist's comments Pegasi would also have elf ears in place of wings.

• Options
    They fly with their ears like Dumbo.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    CR reviews Luna Eclipsed, first Reviews are Magic video since May.

Mostly noticing it because, while Nostalgia Critic ended, I still watch the site for Linkara videos (although he's not going to get the MLP comic).

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    derpy_hooves_by_kiroki_kitase-d5i4bk5.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    MrDapper wrote: »
    I can not stop laughing.

tumblr_mc0iz9k2nj1rxmffro1_1280.png

"One of these days, Spike... Bang Zoom to the moon!"

473b0fa90d7dfe6e973fce8bd8cac1c4.jpg

tumblr_mc63vvybqX1r33d8qo3_500.png

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    WarponyWarpony Too small. The MoonRegistered User regular
    omgomgomgomg
    uguuuu_zps7f645dff.png

...is that Rumble?

• Options
    Wandering IdiotWandering Idiot Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    In lieu of more info about the new season, I give you:

http://twitter.com/MLPSeason0

Reminds me of that TNG season 8 twitter...
    Applejack asks Rainbow Dash why she's the only pegasus that they ever see sleeping in trees. Rainbow Dash admits that she's actually a hobo.

(Also, we totally need to get this thread to 100 pages before season 3 starts, don't we?)

Wandering Idiot on
  • Options
    WarponyWarpony Too small. The MoonRegistered User regular
    If Dash is a hobo, why does she have a home made of clouds? Actually, it looks more like a freaking castle even...

Well, I made this compilation video of Scootaloo and made some others, but I will just post sparingly as not to spam with only my stuff

http://youtu.be/uqzZ-b9TaOc

• Options
    Why wasn't this posted yet? Its my favorite cover so far besides the RainbowDash cloudboarding one.

Though the $20 price tag for them separately kills it. :cry:

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Warpony wrote: »
    omgomgomgomg
    uguuuu_zps7f645dff.png

...is that Rumble?
    yes

it's so kawaiiiii

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    In a fit of pique, Spike tries breathing fire on Princess Celestia, in an attempt to send her to Princess Celestia. The universe breaks.

Bahaha, some of these are gold.

8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Why wasn't this posted yet? Its my favorite cover so far besides the RainbowDash cloudboarding one.

Though the $20 price tag for them separately kills it. :cry:

That Supershy cover... I think my heart just exploded. Then exploded again.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    a "fit of pique"? fuck you, writer

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Wandering IdiotWandering Idiot Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    a "fit of pique"? fuck you, writer

mlfw5621.png

Wandering Idiot on
  • Options
    CaptainBearpuncherCaptainBearpuncher Registered User regular
    So who else here has preordered both the comic (I got the one with the Derpy cover) and the season one box set? Also, I'm hoping season two box set isn't censored. You bronies know damn well what I am talking about.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    So who else here has preordered both the comic (I got the one with the Derpy cover) and the season one box set? Also, I'm hoping season two box set isn't censored. You bronies know damn well what I am talking about.

I don't think they can take out the Raincloud death scene, it's too pivotal.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    agoaj wrote: »

I don't think they can take out the Raincloud death scene, it's too pivotal.

Well, they might excise the blood. Or at least reduce it to a realistic level.

That...that was a lot of blood. Y'know, for what happened to him.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Is it weird that thinking about the Derpy debacle has made me understand what was bothering me about the two versions of the tale told by Dak'kon and Yves in Planescape: Torment?

Before the edit, we *knew* Derpy. After the edit, we no longer do. There are two versions, and now neither of them feels real.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Warpony wrote: »
    If Dash is a hobo, why does she have a home made of clouds? Actually, it looks more like a freaking castle even...

would you like to come joke watching with me later? You can marvel as they whoosh overhead.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I am completely fine with them altering the whole Derpy scene and personally I think anyone who is offended that it happened is forgetting they're not the target audience.

Opty on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    If it was changed because of the target audience I would not mind so much. But it was mainly a complaint of the highly critical fans that made the ball start rolling on the change.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular

(Sigh) I say this as the hugest fan of Derpy and the original scene: short of an egregious mistake, you will never see the original Derpy scene in Hasbro media again, ever. They edited Netflix. They don't mention her by name on the two toys they've now released of her. WeLoveFine was asked to not use her name on products anymore.

Saying that it's "censored" is like saying the Special Edition of Star Wars was "censored." It wasn't. The creator and owner of the property re-edited it to their liking in a way we don't agree with.

It is really, really, really time for us to find a different hill to die on here.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    If it was changed because of the target audience I would not mind so much. But it was mainly a complaint of the highly critical fans that made the ball start rolling on the change.

It was pretty much the latter. If only RD didn't call her Derpy none if it would have changed.
    I doubt they will censor it because the box set dvds are meant for the older fans of the show. Which is why they are putting so much effort in the first one with commentaries from voice actors to writers.
    MLPSeason0 wrote:
    RD dares AJ to kick a pear tree, but the unexpected results threaten to destroy Ponyville. Rarity designs a hat made from smaller hats.

Riokenn on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I'm sure it'll be the new version. Hasbro didn't change the first DVD because it was already so far along.

There will be an unfortunate glitch at the factory that replaces the audio for Boast Busters with an episode of the Boondocks.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    just found dis
    tumblr_m62utfQWpH1r7m1gto1_500.png

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I still hate her.
    The only reason I like Trixie being in Season 3 is solely for her inevitable downfall by the hooves of Twilight.
    MLPSeason0 wrote:
    AJ loses her favorite hat and has to wear her second-favorite: A wizard hat! Rarity and Twilight try to steal it, but for different reasons.

This discussion has been closed.