As The DayZ Go By (water flowing underground)

• NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I wish I knew why I can run the single player and multiplayer aspects of ARMA 2 on high just fine but when I play Day Z I have trouble running it on normal and low.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    dayzmap.jpg

:whistle:

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    mapwithkey.jpg

:whistle:

ooh

ooh, i like that

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    if you like that you'll love the edit

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Man, there aren't a lot of hospitals

When bandits are killing you for beans they're actually killing you for drugs, which are easily the rarest necessities in the game

• monsterzeromonsterzero Registered User regular
    thanks tank, mustve been the caps lock my laptop keyboard is smallish so i kept accidentally hitting capslock opposed to the "a" key. i hate my sausage fingers

Paladin wrote: »
    When bandits are killing you for beans they're actually killing you for drugs, which are easily the rarest necessities in the game

Well, yeah.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    so

uh

how do I pick up bags I find on the ground

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Dubh wrote: »
    so

uh

how do I pick up bags I find on the ground

Gotta pick up everything around it first.

Then scrollwheel down to 'take bag'

wow okay that got even better somehow

yep keepin that

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    so guys, what is the full server title?

is it just LEM and TARKOVSKY? Or is it [DayZ]whatever whatever

I've been looking for the servers, but I can't find them :(

I wish there was a favorites option :(

edited May 2012
    so guys, what is the full server title?

is it just LEM and TARKOVSKY? Or is it [DayZ]whatever whatever

I've been looking for the servers, but I can't find them :(

I wish there was a favorites option :(

LEM isn't running anymore.

Our server is TARKOVSKY. Use the filter.

Dux on
    PS this server is the only one using the mediumdifficulty host

also, i joined a different server, and i'm a bird..?

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    oh word, it's 'cause I had it set to hide full servers

why are you so popular, Orik!

@Betmen

you're in debug forest, I think

try loading the server again

yeah, i'm doing that now and it's just stuck on Receiving Data

today has been ass for me trying to play dayz

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    yo i'mma be up in this for awhile tonight. i'll be in TS but i don't have a mic right now

reposig.jpg
    edited May 2012
    oh man, pellets in the winchester are pretty fine

I had a Z who was getting too curious, had to shoot him, whole dang town ran over to my little shack and I had to alamo all over it. I ran out of shells for slugs, started putting in pellets

was taking down 2 at a time on a good shot and one hit to the body could take a Z out

Depressperado on
  • InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    Why are they playing scary music when the game is already scary.

• The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    double scary

I thought you would understand, being a ghost and all

• InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    I'm used to chasing things, not being chased.

• JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    Inkyblots wrote: »
    Why are they playing scary music when the game is already scary.

the damn scary music that comes on randomly and doesn't signify anything? HATE HATE HATE.
    Also, had a 3-hour survival adventure in the northern woods with a buddy of mine, ending with a stealth run to the Cherno hospital for meds that weren't there.

Not my work, but, going north in a nutshell:
    2zABg.jpg

VyQGM.jpg
    Had good times with Fandy! Until he got sniped by a bandit and we all had to run around like chickens with our heads cut off.

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »
    Had good times with Fandy! Until he got sniped by a bandit and we all had to run around like chickens with our heads cut off.
    that was horrible

i'd spent like an hour desperately crouching through the woods and these decrepit ass-zombie riddled towns trying to find you guys

we finally all meet up, get our bearings, establish who is who, and start moving in a direction

and bam

out of nowhere.

D:

but for reals i love this game in all it's intensity. i even had an ak for a minute once.

i just need to spend a lot more time playing it.

reposig.jpg
    Beelining Komarovo to Vybor is surprisingly safe due to the fact that it avoids roads and zombies, and the large stretches of clearing make it difficult for bandits to find a good place to snipe you from without getting spotted themselves. Vybor is largely underrated despite having lots of high end civilian stashes and being close enough to the airstrip that bandits will prefer to stay there instead of checking up on the Vybor grocery.

Just don't tell side chat you're going there.

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    four of us hit stary and novy sobor along with the airstrip and devil's castle today

even with that, i'm not fully kitted out

i set the server back to Vladvistok time and reduced VOIP quality to let things run even smoother. it was like silk when i left.

remember to use teamspeak if you're from PA, i noticed we tended to ask aloud when seeing others instead of in chat

edited May 2012
    Also, those twelve slots you get for stuff are not your entire inventory. You can open the bag by clicking on it in the gear menu and selecting the third button at the bottom of the gear screen, then putting stuff in it as if you put them in the ground. Close the pack later to prevent stuff from falling out I guess

Patrol packs (the ones you start with) can hold 8 items. ALICE packs can hold 20, and Coyote Packs (real coyote packs) can hold 24.

Also wow the flashlight is useless when you're being chased by zombies in the dark, unless you like that shaky cam horror trend that's been going on recently

Paladin on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm also going to need a few admins from various timezones to help out, since I can't be on all the time. They'll need to kick exploiters, hackers, and reset the server every so often during peak hours.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Having a great time with the server so-far but I am bummed-out that a pack of zeds brought me down just south of Novy Sabor before I could have any fun with you guys.

How about you guys decide to meet at a specific spot with nothing real enticing for bandits such as the green mountain tower

• LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    Ended the night by finding a good 100+ Winchester shells/slugs (my alice pack was over half full with the stuff), went into town to shoot some zombies, for the first time none of them came to me after shooting! It was weird to say the least.

it is ridiculous how awful 90% of the people on the DayZ forums are

edited May 2012
    wuh wuh let's completely get rid of core mechanics because they mildly inconvenience me

wuh wuh melee attacks? nope I don't want this game to suddenly turn into world of warcraft (what)

Depressperado on
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    the sort of people who are devoted enough to register on the forums of a mod in alpha development and post about it are at least slightly unhinged fellows :P

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    A guy in the game I played earlier responded to another player with "The go play GTA!" because he said he wanted to be able to tell people's names that he was looking-at.

The PC hardcore sim crowd are the gamer equivalent to the folks on that doomsday preppers show in how they react to things outside of their comfort zone.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    four of us hit stary and novy sobor along with the airstrip and devil's castle today

even with that, i'm not fully kitted out

i set the server back to Vladvistok time and reduced VOIP quality to let things run even smoother. it was like silk when i left.

remember to use teamspeak if you're from PA, i noticed we tended to ask aloud when seeing others instead of in chat

You'll be happy to know that I've sworn off the Enfield.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    true enough

• SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    I'm also going to need a few admins from various timezones to help out, since I can't be on all the time. They'll need to kick exploiters, hackers, and reset the server every so often during peak hours.

Sure! I'd love to help.

there's a big thread that some lamebo GAME SCIENTIST posted about how the cross-server persistence is ruining the game and I almost had an aneurysm

Orik, why is your server so g'dang popular

This discussion has been closed.