As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] PAX Magical Mystery Tour 2012 Wed 8/29 & Thu 8/30

• Options
    RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    Ravenger wrote: »
    @LTAcosta we can head out together if you like, see if we can get in the room early

That works for me. My flight lands at 10 I believe, so as soon as I can drop my stuff off, I can head out.

Word, I'm trying to talk my fiancee into driving me down early. bags can be left in the holding room thing anyway even if its not available

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    I'm probably interested in turning up for some stuff on Thursday - but I'm nearing my limits for committing to stuff for a convention / city I've never been to :)

oh and
    Btw. 30 year olds, hopefully not going to cramp anyone's style!
    I dunno as a 39 yr old I'm not sure about your potentially childish jibber-jabber :lol:

• Options
    aneruokaneruok Registered User regular
    I'm probably interested in turning up for some stuff on Thursday - but I'm nearing my limits for committing to stuff for a convention / city I've never been to :)

oh and
    Btw. 30 year olds, hopefully not going to cramp anyone's style!
    I dunno as a 39 yr old I'm not sure about your potentially childish jibber-jabber :lol:

lol thanks, i dont feel quite so old now. please sign 2 others and myself up for thursday.

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    @aneruok I'm really old and have a brilliant time at PAX!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Change of plans for me and @Ravenger . Looks like we will be getting in on Wednesday instead of Thursday, so I'll catch the tail end of Day 1, and all of Day 2. :)

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    I'll be there all day wednesday and thursday-just gonna store my stuff in the storage room until our room is ready

• Options
    ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    The kind fellows on the PAX IRC convinced me to join in, so it looks like I'll be doing just that :D (possible +1)

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • Options
    convinced you? you invited yourself noob

• Options
    The_PowerThe_Power Registered User regular
    I missed this while on East, so please count me in for Thursday early in the morning (maybe +1).

"You'll shoot your eye out, kid."
  • Options
    ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular

<3 see you there :D

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • Options
    ramen215 wrote: »

<3 see you there :D

Good.

• Options
    miklepandamiklepanda Registered User regular
    Me and my best friend are joining too.

First time going to seattle! can't wait to meet all of you.

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Still working on the schedule a bit. Our resident Seattlite is going to check on something before I post Wednesday's schedule. For now, here's is Thursday:

8:30-9:30 Pike Place Market
    9:30-10:00 travel time
    10:00-11:30 Pacific Science Center
    11:30-1:00 lunch time/explore Seattle Center
    1:00-2:00 EMP/Sci-Fi
    2:00-2:30 travel time
    2:30-4:30 Underground Tour

Regulars to the MMT may notice that these are things that show up on the tour almost every year. I figure, if you don't want to see these places again, there are likely to be plenty of other PAXers in town for you to play with.
    However!
    I would like the note that Seattle Center has a special exhibit on the World's Fair going on and the Pacific Science Center has the King Tut exhibit while we're there. And everything in Seattle Center is close enough together that you can easily spend more/less time in the museum/spot of your choosing without worry of getting lost.

More info on our logistics when I'm more awake.

And we have our button design thanks to Nyankokimi:
    MMTAvatar.png

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    ShaderShader The Master Ranger Registered User regular
    Woo! I should be able to join in the fun Thursday afternoon, for the activities following lunch.

• Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    actually on seeing that list I am in for most of Thursday (probably skip the underground tour)

• Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Most of the Thurs stuff I saw last year so me and my friends will probably find other touristy stuff to check out on our own, though we may try and catch up with you guys for the Underground Tour since we didn't catch that last year.

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Looking at the times I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it out now. We shall see if I can meet up at 1.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    I'll stay till lunch time on thursday then, then play with my other paxers afterthat

• Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    Oh question, the wife and I were actually planning on hitting up the Egypt thing at the science musuem about the time you guys are going to be there, can we just join the horde for a few hours? (Obviously paying our way for any costy things.)
    How would that work?

• Options
    tsrblke wrote: »
    Oh question, the wife and I were actually planning on hitting up the Egypt thing at the science musuem about the time you guys are going to be there, can we just join the horde for a few hours? (Obviously paying our way for any costy things.)
    How would that work?

If this works the same as it has in past years (this will be my third MMT) You can contact one of the people currently in the horde to figure out when they will be hitting up that location, and just meet us there. Feel free to leave the group whenever you please

• Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    How would that work?

Your best bet would be to follow @PAX_MMT on twitter. There will be constant updates on our whereabouts throughout the day. You are free to join and leave the group as you please :)

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular

Alright, i'm looking at joining for a few hours on Thurs. Thanks for putting this together! I'm ready for the butterfly house at PSC lol. Gonna bring my camera, pretend i'm good at photography. :D

10:00-11:30 Pacific Science Center
    11:30-1:00 lunch time/explore Seattle Center
    1:00-2:00 EMP/Sci-Fi

• Options
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    How would that work?

Your best bet would be to follow @PAX_MMT on twitter. There will be constant updates on our whereabouts throughout the day. You are free to join and leave the group as you please :)

This, 100%. Exactly what I was going to say.

Buttons: have been ordered, but I only got 50. We had more than 50 people last year, so it'll be first come, first served.

Challenge Coins: I'm one of the will-call agents for challenge coins this year. If you ordered coins for pickup at PAX, fill out the form and mark me as you will-call agent to get your coin on the MMT. More details are in that thread's OP.

I'm working on a big update today, so stay tuned.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    OP has been updated. I posted most of Wednesday's schedule, but our last stop is still up in the air. It will be finalized soon.
    Wednesday:
    9:00-10:15 Pike Place Market
    10:15-10:30 travel to Westlake Center
    10:30-12:30 Duck Tour*
    12:30-1:15 lunch time
    1:15-1:45 travel time
    1:45-3:30 Theo Chocolate factory tour*
    3:30-4:00 travel time
    4:00-5:00 TBD

And the major change this year:
    *Some events will require you to prepay.
    The Duck Tour and Theo Chocolate will allow us to get our own tour, but only if we can prepay. I've created an Eventbrite page for you to purchase tickets for those events. There is also a donate option. You can throw in some extra to help cover the cost if we do not sell out either one. If we do sell those out, I will reimburse any donated amounts. If we do not reach the amount required for those tours, I will likely have to come up with a new schedule on the fly because I can't afford to cover much (if any) excess.
    The Pacific Science Center has a special King Tut exhibit. If you want to see this, visit their site to buy tickets in advance. Buy a ticket for Thursday, August 30th, at 10:15 or 10:30. If you aren't interested in the King Tut exhibit, you can purchase tickets at the door.

I also updated the interested parties list, so everyone who posted up to this point should be on the list.

Edit: Forgot to add admission prices for all places to the schedule in the OP. Fixed.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    Count me in for Thursday! I want to see the revamped Science Fiction museum.

"Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    That makes 2 Omeganauts touring with us :)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Ok, so i got my ticket for King Tut at 10:15 on Thurs. Do i have to also buy a general admission ticket for the rest of the thing?

• Options
    King Tut ticket includes admission to the rest of the museum.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Oh good, thank you. :D

• Options
    Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    Just paid on the event bright page for the Duck Tour & Theo chocolate Factory tour on Weds.
    I assume it's a case of bringing the tickets along to confirm who's paid for what then?

(Oh, and 2 more weeks left to wait!)

• Options
    QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    I'm local, so I've already seen all of this.

But I'm interested in meeting other PAX'ers, so I'd be down with playing tour guide/wheelman to a point.

But the schedule seems really tight (Seattle traffic is no joke, and dining here is more of an experience than something that's rushed), so I'm not sure the schedule is feasible, which means chaos might ensue.

....course, there's also the issue that I've gotta, you know, work, during this time frame....

....but I'm salary and basically report to myself, so whatever.

Wow, this has turned out a really incoherent stream of thought on my part.

• Options
    phoophoo Registered User regular
    For those who may have seen some of these sights before and are looking for something else to do, on Thursday at 6:30 at Card Kingdom (over in downtown Ballard) there is a guest appearance of Kristin and Andy Looney debuting Cthuulu Fluxx. Game night at CK is always fun and I guess they'll be giving away promo cards as well.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    what king tut thingy do you get? imax? exhibit only? what?

oooh card kingdom kris and scott did an episode there i wanna go there kinda. any mroe details of where it is?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    @PikaPuff I just got the King Tut exhibit only ticket. None of the bundles with imax or tour or anything.

• Options
    Pika Puff:
    Card Kingdom
    5105 Leary Ave NW
    Seattle, WA 98107

If you bus, the 18 goes right in front. If you drive, you can park on shilshole (usually). It's in North Seattle, so figure 30-45 mins from the convention center (assuming non-rush hour and not friday). Don't believe the bus schedule - take the one before the one that gets you there on time. ;b

Cafe Mox is next door and is part of Card Kingdom. You can play games - even check out games from CK to play here. The tables are plenty large enough for food and games. I haven't eaten here since their grand opening but it seems the food has gotten decidedly more gourmet but prices are still good (possibly better since quality imho has gone up). They'll post the week's special on Facebook. This weeks special is soft tacos that involve steak and refried beans cooked in bacon grease. Did they secretly hire me as their chef without me knowing it? Mmmm, bacon grease!

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    argh too far. still gonna try MMT this year, my cousin just moved to seattle to go to college so this tour might be useful.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    riryriry Registered User regular
    I plan to attend for both days this year. (A duck tour and chocolate sounds like a lovely day, but I might duck out on Thursday to go shopping instead- I've already seen the King Tut exhibit.)

Haven't bought the tickets yet, but I need to see if I'm dragging someone along on Wednesday.

I didn't have time for an actual signature, so here's a picture of a cat with a tinfoil hat.
  • Options
    SarraSarra Registered User regular
    I bought tickets for the duck tour.. I'm on the fence about the chocolate tour.. I'm allergic to chocolate.. might not be the best place for me.. I don't have that strong will power to resist! Thanks for putting this together punzie :) Looking forward to meeting everyone!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I believe you can just pull up the ticket on your phone with the eventbrite app if you have a smartphone. I've never been on the ticket-taker side of eventbrite before, so I will double check, but I think the worst case scenario is that I card you to cross check it with your name on my eb page.

@phoo Thanks for the info, but that doesn't actually interfere with our schedule. It does conflict with the prePAX dinner and TWDT.

@Quintious I appreciate the input and your offer to help us around. MetaverseNomad is going to be our local navigator, so we're all set there. As for the timing of the schedule, there is wiggle room built into each stop and we will be eating at quicker food court type places, not real sit down meals. Having a few MMTs under my belt, I'm confident in the schedule.

@pikapuff I would also suggest the plain King Tut exhibit ticket. I don't think we're there long enough for the IMAX (though you can always stay for it if you want).

On buttons: anyone who prepays for Wednesday's events will get a button. After that, I'll probably save the rest for people who come Thursday morning.

On transportation: Yes, we're using the public buses again. I decided renting a bus wasn't worth ~$30 per person per day for us to use only 3 times in that day. I looked into orca cards for the public bus, but they aren't very helpful for out-of-towners. Instead, I will be collecting your $2 cash before each bus ride so I can stand there and feed the machine while you all file on. It does save some time.

Any other questions? Things I've forgotten to address?

I'll be adding the "what to bring" list to the OP soon.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Sarra: Skip the theo tour. It smells amazing and you will not be able to resist. they past the chocolate from person to person so you are there, staring at a whole bowl of chips. You can resist only if you have real willpower. Also, some of the chocolate is part of the education - learning what different regional chocolate tastes like and how much it can differ. It really is a fascinating tour that I recommend for everyone, except maybe for someone who is allergic to chocolate and weak on willpower. :)

This discussion has been closed.