As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] PAX Magical Mystery Tour 2012 Wed 8/29 & Thu 8/30

• Options
    ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    This is looking like my schedule for Wed. and Thurs. I just need a little help deciding what buses to take from place to place, or if walking is appropriate, when I skip out and join back in (I've bolded those and put a * next to them). Along with bus or walking routes some times for when I should begin would be helpful as well. Any help is appreciated :)

Wednesday:
    9:00-10:15 Pike Place Market
    10:15-10:30 Travel to Westlake Center
    1030:-12:30 Duck Tour
    12:30 - ? Duck Tour to Hilton* (Rav's got the bus plan)

Thursday:
    ? - ? Hilton to Pacific Science Center*
    10:00-11:30 Pacific Science Center
    11:30 - 1:00 Lunch time/Seattle Center
    1:00 - ? Seattle Center to Hilton*
    ? - ? Hilton to Underground Tour starting location*

2:30 - 4:30 Underground Tour

New plan for Thursday means I'm just showing up for the underground tour

ramen215 on
    Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Link to the local bus system's website. It's got pretty good planning tools.

Metro Website

Walking times and distances can be calculated with Google Maps.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    @ramen215 im leaving on wednesday the same time you are, ill help you with the bussing. make sure you have change on you. dolla dolla bills yall

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Options
    Ravenger wrote: »
    @ramen215 im leaving on wednesday the same time you are, ill help you with the bussing. make sure you have change on you. dolla dolla bills yall

Sounds good, see you guys at Pikes on the 29th then :)

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I filled in our last stop on Wednesday: Full Tilt Ice Cream. Ice cream and pinball. Card Kingdom and Cafe Mox are also right up the street for anyone who wants to venture there instead or after.

For people purchasing the Eventbrite tickets, I have confirmed that I can check everyone in by their name. It will be helpful if you can print your ticket or show it to me with the app on your phone, but it isn't completely necessary.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    I won't be able to go this year :( my flight doesn't give me enough time to join on Thursday! Oh well :( maybe next year!

Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    I filled in our last stop on Wednesday: Full Tilt Ice Cream. Ice cream and pinball. Card Kingdom and Cafe Mox are also right up the street for anyone who wants to venture there instead or after.

For people purchasing the Eventbrite tickets, I have confirmed that I can check everyone in by their name. It will be helpful if you can print your ticket or show it to me with the app on your phone, but it isn't completely necessary.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome.

Um. Why are you mentioning Cafe Mox? Serious question as someone that doesn't know things.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    punzie wrote: »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome.

Um. Why are you mentioning Cafe Mox? Serious question as someone that doesn't know things.

ZOMG, Cafe Mox is awesome!! It's the gaming pub/cafe attached to Card Kingdom. Just about any game they carry is available for free checkout, which you can then take to a big, comfy, cafe booth and play while you enjoy a decent selection of adult beverages and food.

Beer and board games, baby. Beer and board games.

@Punzie - if you contact Full Tilt this week and tell them you're coming in, they'll probably let you request a custom ice cream flavor. They make any flavor upon request.

ANY FLAVOR

• Options
    RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    ramen215 wrote: »
    This is looking like my schedule for Wed. and Thurs. I just need a little help deciding what buses to take from place to place, or if walking is appropriate, when I skip out and join back in (I've bolded those and put a * next to them). Along with bus or walking routes some times for when I should begin would be helpful as well. Any help is appreciated :)

Wednesday:
    9:00-10:15 Pike Place Market
    10:15-10:30 Travel to Westlake Center
    1030:-12:30 Duck Tour
    12:30 - ? Duck Tour to Hilton* (Rav's got the bus plan)

Thursday:
    ? - ? Hilton to Pacific Science Center*
    10:00-11:30 Pacific Science Center
    11:30 - 1:00 Lunch time/Seattle Center
    1:00 - ? Seattle Center to Hilton*
    ? - ? Hilton to Underground Tour starting location*

2:30 - 4:30 Underground Tour

New plan for Thursday means I'm just showing up for the underground tour

I think I'm going to head back before the duck and meet up with @LTAcosta

As a resident Seattleite the Duck isn't exactly my idea of what I would like to drop $25 on ;) But as was posted, busses are really easy to navigate.

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    I've been using the bus website to plan our journey to church and back the day after we arrive, it's really, really easy to use, shows the routes, journey times and stops. It's loads better than the London Transport one!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Ravenger wrote: »
    I think I'm going to head back before the duck and meet up with @LTAcosta

As a resident Seattleite the Duck isn't exactly my idea of what I would like to drop $25 on ;) But as was posted, busses are really easy to navigate.

Yeah, I'll be joining the MMT for everything after the Duck Tour. No way am I going to miss the chocolate and ice cream :)

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Me and my friends are getting in Wed afternoon and thought we might meet up with the MMT at Full Tilt Ice Cream. I'm seeing several addresses on the site, which one is the one you guys will be at? The Leary Ave one?

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    @punzie PikaPuff+1 paid for duck/choco fact

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ChaoticmuseChaoticmuse Registered User regular
    Very much like the idea of Full Tilt. I land Wed mid day, but would certainly like to hook up for that. Thursday Underground sounds fun too. Working out the other details. Pike St Market is always good, even as a meet up...

• Options
    Sageheart wrote: »
    Me and my friends are getting in Wed afternoon and thought we might meet up with the MMT at Full Tilt Ice Cream. I'm seeing several addresses on the site, which one is the one you guys will be at? The Leary Ave one?

As a Ballardite, I'm gonna jump in here and say Yes, it's the Leary one. (based on proximity to Card Kingdom)

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Yes, the Full-Tilt location we're visiting is at 5453 Leary Ave NW. Added that to the schedule in the OP.
    Cafe Mox: for your gaming/eating/drinking needs. I thought after all that chocolate and ice cream, it'd be nice to give you and easy (and fun) option for slightly more substantial food stuffs.

Pre-sale tickets: So far there have only been 10 tickets sold for each the Duck and chocolate tours and sales are slowing. I'm very worried we won't get anywhere near the amount we for either tour.
    New plan: whatever tickets have sold by the time I get up on Thursday, I will go on the websites and purchase that many tickets for each tour at the time on our schedule. That way pre-payers will have their reserved spots. Everyone else will have to hope and try to get their own ticket on the same tour if they want to join us.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    @Punzie - I'm a native Seattleite. Duck tours seem kinda stupid to me just because I'm native - not because they're lame. I completely recognize what a great, fun tour they are for out-of-towners. So if you need extra butts for seats to make the tour for the rest of the group, I'll join and buy a seat.

• Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Honestly, seems kind of a shame to have all those options to vote on and end up with a lot of the same stuff as last year...
    Just my opinion though!

I'm definitely in for chocolate and ice cream though!
    Also in for the underground tour.

Will buy my chocolate ticket tomorrow Punzie :-)
    Do we need to prepay for the underground tour as well?
    Didn't see any mention in the OP but just making sure.

Thanks for organizing this again Punzie :-)

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    @serenity: That's the way it happens. Returning people don't want to do the same things, but new people do. Majority wins. There is a little bit of fudging for logistical reasons (ex - half the people who voted for the ice cream are only only attending Thursday but we can only do it Wednesday), but it's still the top few places that make the cut. And no, you don't need to prepay for the underground tour.
    @Lexicongrrl: We're 25 people short of filling our own Duck. So I appreciate the offer, and totally come along if you want to hang, but your single butt won't help us much.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    If I was getting in a little earlier, I would definitely go on the duck tour (and more of the morning), but there were no earlier flights, so the earliest I can join you guys is for lunch.

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the clarification. If the schedule I've not-so-meticulously put together for my friends and I goes according to plan we should be able to meet up with the MMT for both Full Tilt on Wednesday after flying in and then for the Underground Tour on Thursday. So we'll look forward to seeing everyone at those places!

Our plan is to do the Savor Seattle Pike Place tour in the morning and then catch Theo Chocolates for a tour around Noon-ish, so we might be a cutting it a little close on the Underground Tour but we're aiming to be there.

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    mysticodemysticode Registered User regular
    I'd be coming in around mid-day on Thursday, how would I find you guys? :(

• Options
    mysticode wrote: »
    I'd be coming in around mid-day on Thursday, how would I find you guys? :(
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    Your best bet would be to follow @PAX_MMT on twitter. There will be constant updates on our whereabouts throughout the day. You are free to join and leave the group as you please :)

• Options
    No data plan on my cell while in the USA :) Data roaming is killer!

• Options
    Then your best bet is to just go by the schedule in the OP. Show up where it says we are and look for the people with the geekiest, PAXiest shirts. If we're somewhere that allows roaming (say, the EMP), we won't all be together anyway.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Maybe I will just text Ravenger and find him whilst showing up at the Science Centre. My bus drops us off a couple blocks away when we come down, so I can just walk over. Hopefully I make it in time for the EMP!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Whoever paid for the chocolate tour with the email davidis2cool4u (lol) please PM me.

Just got a head's up from someone who visited the King Tut exhibit at Pacific Science Center that it's very crowded and a bit slow. So if you aren't REALLY interested in it and/or have patience, you might want to skip it and just visit the rest of the museum.

Edit: added our lunch places to the schedule in the OP for anyone looking to join up with us at lunch time.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    So in some twitter discussions, there has been a request for VooDoo Donuts to be brought up From Portland. Since this is an easy accommodation, we are happy to oblige.

For those unfamiliar with them, VooDoo is famous for doing huge donuts with unusual topppings, such as Captain Crunch Cereal and Fruit Loops, in addition to their signature 'VooDoo' Donut and the Maple Bar W/ bacon. They have been highlighted on just about every show that films here in Portland (Leverage, Grimm, ETC)

If more then the few we have heard from are interested, we can bring them up in dozens or some, but would need some help with cost. we'd prolly ask 2.00 (we buy them for like 1.30-2.00 depending on type and picking your dozen raises the cost as they charge the per donut charge for each, a random dozen won't get the special ones like the bacon or VooDoo)

If you are interested, please reply here or DM me on Twitter @solelron so I can get a rough idea on how many might be interested. :)

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I am interested in some VooDoo donuts, but I'm not going to be on the MMT (arrive Thurs afternoon)

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    COINS! Anyone who ordered challenge coins for PAX pickup (and has chosen me as their pickup agent), the coins have arrived safe and sound in Seattle, so I will definitely have them with me to hand out on the MMT.

Reminder: You have just about 24 hours left to prepay for the duck and chocolate tours. I'll be purchasing tickets for the prepayers tomorrow when I wake up (probably around 3pm EST).

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    phoophoo Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    SoleIron: I'm with akjak, I will not be at MMT. But PLEASE babeh PLEASE, I am an ex-Portlander and seriously crave me some voodoo doughnuts and will gladly fork over the cash for a voodoo doll and a C&B. Is there anywhere/time we can meet up that would be good for you? I'm out in Ballard, so I won't be able to get downtown until Friday unless something magical happens. There are some Portland institutions that just can't be replaced.

phoo on
  • Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    @Solelron Sounds interesting. I'd definitely love to try some.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    @solelron I'd buy two donuts at least

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    @Solelron - I'd be in for a Dirty Old Bastard.

LexiconGrrl on
  • Options
    I'll be at Cafe Mox after the MMT on Wednesday from 5 PM - 6 PM for anyone who wants to pick up their beer steins.

• Options
    riryriry Registered User regular
    @SoleIron I'd be very interested in a maple bacon bar and a memphis mafia.

(Seriously, I keep seeing that shop on every travel show I watch.)

I didn't have time for an actual signature, so here's a picture of a cat with a tinfoil hat.
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    @Solelron yes please yes please!!!! Just a maple/bacon one for me, please!!!! Unless there's a particularly awesome one you think I should try in addition to that one (in which case, I'll take a maple/bacon and whatever super cool other one!) :D

• Options
    @Solelron - please add another Bacon Maple for @JobiWanKenobi.

May I say that their latest lemon chiffon (the tie-dyed one) is brilliant and really delicous.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Alrighty then @punzie I have paid you the monies for the two pre-pay events. PAX IS CLOSE.

:lol: the first day looks like it's just filled with eating sweets. Perhaps we should walk everywhere to burn off the calories.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Put me down for a lemon chiffon if u can (sounds delicious :D)

edit: when do you plan on distributing? Wed? Thurs? one of the lunch breaks?

ramen215 on
This discussion has been closed.