As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HBO - Game of Thrones; we talk about all the e[p]isod[e]s and [n]one of th[i] novel[s]!

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    So, those of us following the show and not reading ahead (or at all) could be called Unsullied?

Please don't cut off my nipple.

Oh sweet summer child.

That is the last thing to be cut.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    if thats the last thing then whats the firs..... you know what, nevermind... i don't want to know... just forget i almost asked.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I think Joffrey is smart enough to realize who pays the salary of all those soldiers that protect him

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I think Joffrey is smart enough to realize who pays the salary of all those soldiers that protect him

The bank of whatever over in Braavos?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

you really think so?

It seems like he has no knowledge of how the kingdom is run. And instead that everyone and everything in it is for his enjoyment and amusement.

• Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Actually, I don't think he does, nor does he care. In his mind he's the king, who people must obey or face death for treason. He's about as out of touch with Varys' riddle of the three men and the sellsword as one could get.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Well, most of Joffrey's guards and servants are Lannisters, and they also said that the Crown has borrowed a ton of gold from the Lannisters...

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Actually, I don't think he does, nor does he care. In his mind he's the king, who people must obey or face death for treason. He's about as out of touch with Varys' riddle of the three men and the sellsword as one could get.

Yeah, he was so incredibly shocked by that riot last year because he said an order and people didn't care.

Or think about how before Blackwater he was confidently claiming that he'd chop off Stannis's head, because that's just how things are supposed to go.

Everytime he gets confronted with the idea that he's not actually in complete control of the universe he just shuts down, and then tries to pretend it never happened

A big part of his cruelty to Sansa is that she saw him get embarrassed by Arya. Before that he was rather enjoying playing the noble suitor, similar to how he's acting with Marg now.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Well, most of Joffrey's guards and servants are Lannisters, and they also said that the Crown has borrowed a ton of gold from the Lannisters...

Tyrion also said they are in like 50-100 times more debt to the banks across the sea than they are to the Lannisters.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    Regardless of where the money is coming from in the long-run, Tyrion is the one running the dollars in the capital now.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    CowShark wrote: »
    Regardless of where the money is coming from in the long-run, Tyrion is the one running the dollars in the capital now.

Yeah, but he seems more Friedman than Keynes to me.

• Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    CowShark wrote: »

Yeah, but he seems more Friedman than Keynes to me.

Littlefinger was way ahead of his time.

The multiplier for brothels is better than food stamps!

• Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular

Joffrey would neither realize nor want to know. It's not his problem. It's something other, smaller people manage upon pain of execution.

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    y'know something crossed my mind: where was Ghost when shit went down at Craster's?

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    y'know something crossed my mind: where was Ghost when shit went down at Craster's?

out fucking bitches with his crew

• Options
    815165 wrote: »

out fucking bitches with his crew

They had like a two second scene when they were arriving at Craster's.

Sam turns and goes "Hey Ghost, where you goin' with that gun in yo' hand?"

Ghost says "I'm goin' down to shoot my old lady, she been messin' with another man!"

• Options
    edited April 2013
    He was there. You just couldn't see him.

Because he a fucking ghost.

In season 1, when Jon and fellows are scaring Rast into not hurting Sam during training, everyone can see him.

In season 2, when Gilly is afraid of him, everyone can see him.

In season 3, when he's scaring the zombie that attacked Sam by biting its butt, everyone can see him.

Makes sense if you think about it.

reVerse on
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular

If he's anything like my dog, not seeing him means he got into the garbage. Again. Probably pooped on the floor too.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

If he's anything like my dog, not seeing him means he got into the garbage. Again. Probably pooped on the floor too.

Ned would be so disappointed. "Jon, he's your responsibility," he would say, with the gravity of a life and death situation.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

Ned would be so disappointed. "Jon, he's your responsibility," he would say, with the gravity of a life and death situation.

"You know why you must do it?"
    "He pooped on the floor. You told me."
    "Yes, but you understand why I had you do it."
    "Our ways are the old ways?"
    "The boy who begs for a puppy should clean up the poop."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Man I love the dire wolves. I can't wait for Arya's missing wolf to return out of nowhere in season 16 and save young adult, face-shifting Arya from a fully grown dragon.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Man I love the dire wolves. I can't wait for Arya's missing wolf to return out of nowhere in season 16 and save young adult, face-shifting Arya from a fully grown dragon.

Once I saw dudes face change like that, I wondered of Arya would eventually go that route...

So many possibilities.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    hardluckhardluck Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Why does everyone assume that Tywin and Joffrey are/will be enemies?

What I mean is, Tywin is a at least modestly intelligent, experienced, patient and very practical. He is now the head of the wealthiest house in the kingdom, hand to an immature and rather dimwitted king, who is also his grandson. Getting in to position where he would have to get rid of Joffrey would make him lose two out of those three. All he has to do is to keep Joffrey distracted and entertained and he can get on with ruling the kingdom.

hardluck on
    Cynicism is a great help when trying to be sarcastic.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Well, Tywin demands respect and competence

Joffrey is nominally the king and he's a disrespectful fuckup

Tywin still treats his adult children like they're all disobedient 12 year olds, he's going to have even less patience with Joffrey if anything.

Alternate Reason: Because it would be amazing

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Don't look up the episode preview description/capsules for the next few episodes. Very large late season spoilers are in there.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Don't look up the episode preview description/capsules for the next few episodes. Very large late season spoilers are in there.

This is dangerous if true!

I DVR the episodes, so when I go to watch them the episode description will no doubt appear and I will glance in its general direction!

The only reasonable solution is to leave HBO on all day and then watch the episode as it airs the first time!

• Options
    johnwingjohnwing Registered User regular
    Is there some leaked version or are people getting to watch it early. Apparently there are screencaptures of the next episode.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Reviewers and the people who manage the HBO equivalents in various countries get to watch them early for obvious reasons. There have been leaked screen captures of earlier episodes as well.

reVerse on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Im bummed that I don't see The Hound getting out of this next episode alive.

Such an awesome character. Nooo

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »

This is dangerous if true!

I DVR the episodes, so when I go to watch them the episode description will no doubt appear and I will glance in its general direction!

The only reasonable solution is to leave HBO on all day and then watch the episode as it airs the first time!

If you watch them week by week, they will get increasingly less spoilery as we approach them. It would just be a VERY BAD IDEA if you look up the most distant one they've released already (episode eight). It's super spoilery, but will not be once you've seen I think episode six, based on the other descriptions.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Never watch previews. Never read previews. They're always spoilers or lies. Every time. They should be illegal. Or written in a code you need to crack first.

• Options
    The episode blurbs for Buffy on Netflix were the worst. Any mystery that any episode might contain was spelled out right there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    The episode blurbs for Buffy on Netflix were the worst. Any mystery that any episode might contain was spelled out right there.
    "In this episode Buffy dies, but is dramatically resurrected thanks to Angel's secret heaven powers and shit."

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Never watch previews. Never read previews. They're always spoilers or lies. Every time. They should be illegal. Or written in a code you need to crack first.

I have long been an advocate of bringing back rot 13 for such things.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    The 24 DVDs are also the worst thing for spoilers. It was basically nonstop spoilers while selecting the next ep.

• Options
    JAEF wrote: »
    "In this episode Buffy dies, but is dramatically resurrected thanks to Angel's secret heaven powers and shit."

The school is plagued by mysterious deaths. After chasing a red herring, turns out it was Chekov's janitor all along.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I hate DVD's.

Seriously the menus and little transitions or descriptions are terrible at giving away things. TV Series are notorious for for the menu to show critical events in each episode as you go through - since for whatever some people decide that "play all" isn't a solid option.

Grrr.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    hardluck wrote: »
    Why does everyone assume that Tywin and Joffrey are/will be enemies?

What I mean is, Tywin is a at least modestly intelligent, experienced, patient and very practical. He is now the head of the wealthiest house in the kingdom, hand to an immature and rather dimwitted king, who is also his grandson. Getting in to position where he would have to get rid of Joffrey would make him lose two out of those three. All he has to do is to keep Joffrey distracted and entertained and he can get on with ruling the kingdom.

eh.

Joffrey has a little brother who seems much easier to control. Just saying, Tywin, just saying.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Saw this on /r/gameofthrones, felt compelled to share it:

http://imgur.com/sX2mBju

• Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    Jesus.
    Dead babies in a jar. That's a first.

This discussion has been closed.