Options

[GW2]New LAUNCH DAY THREAD is here. Go post in it.

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Is everyone able to get in? Im getting a 'There is no current event' message.

As far as I know. You might check the official forums to see if anyone else has the problem.

Corehealer wrote: »
    devCharles wrote: »
    So, yeah. Fort Aspenwood won't let me join.

Goons decided to designate it as a overflow server for their guilds, and it was heavily popped before so... you can see it's causing some issues. Our server is hardly the only one.

We are talking about designating an overflow server as well but no decision on that will be made right away; for now, roll a character on another server and hang out in TS3 for updates and companionship.

Another thing that someone suggested is picking a different server, but then doing a server transfer to Aspenwood. I don't know if that would bypass the "full" flag.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    VahkrisVahkris TexasRegistered User regular
    Lousy work, can't play right now...maybe right after.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Is everyone able to get in? Im getting a 'There is no current event' message.

Oh bugger

Apparently the Pax East code was only valid for the first BWE. They could have made that clearer in ANY OF THE EMAILS rather than seemingly the only information about it being on the support forums AFTER people couldn't get in.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Enig wrote: »
    Another thing that someone suggested is picking a different server, but then doing a server transfer to Aspenwood. I don't know if that would bypass the "full" flag.

It does not. I was watching a stream of people playing trying to get on the same server and it will not allow transfers to a full server.

Yes, I watched about 3+ hours of a 6 hour long WvW stream from BWE #1. I'm a nerd. Deal with it.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I did notice that movement seems a lot less floaty and the game is the better for it.

It's weird that it bothered me so much but it did.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    yay it's online!

yay i'm online!

who do i talk to about getting a guild invite?

• Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    If you need an invite to the overflow guild, send a message to "Rex Coppercutter" in game with your character name.

TolerantZero on
    Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    XzeanXzean Registered User regular
    You officially can't go to Aspenwood with the server transfer since it says full in ugly red letters.

9df14c6e1e43475d.png
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    If you need an invite to the overflow guild, send a message to "Rex Coppercutter" in game with your character name.

main guild still full?

• Options

main guild still full?

It capped 100 last weekend. They'll start kicking people at midnight tonight, but it's highly likely it'll fill up soon afterwards.

• Options
    BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Might be able to go to Aspenwood later in the night, if it works like WoW. It may unblock creation and transfering when the server population goes down.

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Where's the dye guy in Divinity's Reach? Can't find him in the spot he was at in the last BWE.

• Options
    Vicarious InkVicarious Ink Foooosh Las Vegas, NVRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Ft. Aspenwood is full, you can not make a character on there anymore.

• Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    I did notice that movement seems a lot less floaty and the game is the better for it.

It's weird that it bothered me so much but it did.

Those little things that are just slighty 'off' can be more troublesome than the big issues. Might be an uncanny valley thing - the movement is *close* but not quite human, which is worse than just making it much more unrealistic.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    Um, did a guild purge happen after the last BWE? I just logged in and am no longer in the Guild, it seems :(

• Options
    CoolbreezeCoolbreeze Registered User new member
    edited June 2012

So once a server is full, thats it? Will it become available when the population goes down or does it stay full for the entire weekend no matter what?

Can you join a friend on a full server?

Coolbreeze on
  • Options
    MarsloMarslo is, the dirty frenchmen MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Guide for switching Servers.

In character select, right after login. In the Bottom left corner of the screen.

Select "World Selection" > Select "Transfer World" > Select "Server you want"

Marslo on
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Um, did a guild purge happen after the last BWE? I just logged in and am no longer in the Guild, it seems :(

We might have kicked a few people to make some room.

• Options
    Marslo wrote: »

In character select, right after login. In the Bottom left corner of the screen. Select "World Selection" > Select "Transfer World" > Select "Server you want"

Can you do this even if a server says full at inital selection?

• Options
    xgalaxyxgalaxy Registered User regular
    Marslo wrote: »

In character select, right after login. In the Bottom left corner of the screen. Select "World Selection" > Select "Transfer World" > Select "Server you want"

Might be helpful to tell people which server :p
    Frost Gate

GW2: Rancid Cupcake (Necro), Ranch Dressing (Ranger)
  • Options
    FletchsmFletchsm Registered User regular
    Coolbreeze wrote: »

So once a server is full, thats it? Will it become available when the population goes down or does it stay full for the entire weekend no matter what?

Can you join a friend on a full server?

Guesting on a Server is still not in. So if you are not on their server and they don't want to transfer you are kind of out of luck.

[GIR is disguised as a government agent]
    Gir: I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me.
  • Options
    Again, overflow guild is up in case you guys are guildless at the moment. Just send a message to "Rex Coppercutter" in game and I'll get you guys set up.

• Options
    You guys are rolling with a reddit alternate if you go to Frost Gate.

Just a heads up.

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Geod wrote: »

I'm pretty sure there were a few people kicked during the stress test that occurred between the BWEs to make room.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    Woah, the transfer process is pretty slick. I like it.

• Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Geod wrote: »

I'm pretty sure there were a few people kicked during the stress test that occurred between the BWEs to make room.
    Bah, thats understandable I guess.

They really need to up the limit

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    So can you transfer to a "full" server or no?

• Options

No, you cannot. It is unknown at this point if the restriction is lifted as more people log off.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Ok, myself and the officers have come up with a BWE solution to Fort Aspenwood being full. Frost Gate server has been designated the overflow server for the BWE. Because guilds are account and character wide and cross servers, you can still join the main guild and overflow PA guilds we have set up on ANY server and have the option to ethier continue on playing wherever you are, attempt to join the very full Fort Aspenwood server where we started, or come join myself, Draygo and several others interested in playing with new players on Frost Gate. Frost Gate is a new server set up using their new server infrastructure and is nowhere near as full right now as the servers that were open for the first BWE in April like Fort Aspenwood.

Server transfers are easy, free and in our case of switching from a large pop server to a low pop one, very quick. You'll still be in the guild automatically. And you'll be able to chat with any guildies still on Aspenwood or elsewhere. Others have posted guides on how to transfer and I'm updating the OP to let people know what's up.

488W936.png
  • Options
    FletchsmFletchsm Registered User regular

You cannot

[GIR is disguised as a government agent]
    Gir: I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me.
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    So you can now deposit all the "blue" crafting materials as well, meaning your bag can pretty much never get full. Excellent improvement!

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    On Frost Gate now, really seamless. Very nice. Is there already an overflow guild set up? or should someone make it?

• Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I think the WvW instructor misses a very important point in his tutorial:

How to fucking damage things.

I wanted to see how it worked and jumped in and I do zero damage to whatever I try to attack. Zero.

I thought nobody was supposed to be excluded from WvW? What am I missing?

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    On Frost Gate now, really seamless. Very nice. Is there already an overflow guild set up? or should someone make it?

Yeah, overflow's up. "Rex Coppercutter" is sending out invites if you need one.

• Options
    Again, overflow guild is up in case you guys are guildless at the moment. Just send a message to "Rex Coppercutter" in game and I'll get you guys set up.

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Ok, myself and the officers have come up with a BWE solution to Fort Aspenwood being full. Frost Gate server has been designated the overflow server for the BWE. Because guilds are account and character wide and cross servers, you can still join the main guild and overflow PA guilds we have set up on ANY server and have the option to ethier continue on playing wherever you are, attempt to join the very full Fort Aspenwood server where we started, or come join myself, Draygo and several others interested in playing with new players on Frost Gate. Frost Gate is a new server set up using their new server infrastructure and is nowhere near as full right now as the servers that were open for the first BWE in April like Fort Aspenwood.

Server transfers are easy, free and in our case of switching from a large pop server to a low pop one, very quick. You'll still be in the guild automatically. And you'll be able to chat with any guildies still on Aspenwood or elsewhere. Others have posted guides on how to transfer and I'm updating the OP to let people know what's up.

That I agree with - Frost Gate should just be overflow atm, not switched to the main one which was my initial argument.

• Options
    XzeanXzean Registered User regular
    Husband and I up on Frost Gate, whoo.

9df14c6e1e43475d.png
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    "Overflow" and "main" are semantics. Naturally, it would be ideal if everyone is on one server. I initially argued against changing server as it is a bit troublesome logistically, but I also didn't realise that Aspenwood would be this bad.

While nobody is required to transfer, Frost Gate is where any new people are going to have to go, so it would be preferable for most people to play there unless they personally have a reason for staying on Aspenwood. As others have said, transferring server is completely painless.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Honestly we may as well not even bother with Fort Aspenwood and name Frost Gate as our server. I see no reason not to.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Erics wrote: »
    Honestly we may as well not even bother with Fort Aspenwood and name Frost Gate as our server. I see no reason not to.

Decisions like this can and will be made after the BWE. For now, it's for BWE convenience only. There's still plenty of time before release to sort out semantics.

488W936.png
This discussion has been closed.