Options

99 pages already for the STEAM thread? Yikes. Go find the new one.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Greenmangaming.com came through and credited my account with £6. I have £9 worth if credit there now. Might pick up quantum conundrum for a pound more.

Huzzah and similar comments.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Missing Link is post story though, right? We gotta finish the main game before playing it?

From what I understand, no. At some point in the story, Jensen vanishes off the radar for 3 days. This covers those days.

It takes place immediately after Hengsha, IIRC

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

This can't be real.
    Don't buy the game? But it's fucking hilarious! The Mulwaukee Bocks, the Niw Jirsey Nits, the Dinver Noggets, the Uteh Jezz, the Niw Yar Knucks... I probably wouldn't be able to play the game because I'd be laughing too hard. Atlanta Hewks!

• Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    @Stealth XXIV your contest is awesome. Like a mini Acrophobia.
    If I hadn't bought the indie gala five minutes before you posted it, I'd totally be entering. :lol:

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    Stealth XXIVStealth XXIV Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Wait a sec...I'm going to get to the point that I can't have everything installed? But my library already seems so huge at 80ish!

Oh no, I mean there's some games I bought just cause they were $1 or something so I figured why not. I suppose I'd be hard pressed to install every game I own unless I split them onto multiple hard drives or upgraded to more than 1 terabyte drives though.

I'm in a similar state, but I find they generally make a point of having a mix of big(ger) ticket items at a good discount, and some smaller/indy ventures for super cheap, so sometimes I just end up spending a buck or two each day getting cheap indy ventures, especially if they're tied to quick/easy achievements for event participation tickets/coal/whatever.

Man, it feels good to have a library that's still perfectly manageable, i.e. I expect to play (if not necessarily like) every game in it.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    signature.png
    signature.png

No doubt most people who want these have these already, but they sure did no good sitting in my inventory.

Repostin these.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    captaink wrote: »

This can't be real.

Literally the worse game I've ever played.

If it didn't look so busted it'd be funny. I'd love to manage the Weshington Wuzards.

This is pretty much what is on the line every time you see outrage over one developer getting or not getting the official league license for various sports. There's so much at stake there, because at the very least, people aren't going to want to play as Kelvin Dorant of the Thonder. It is a Big Deal if the line is drawn at vague similarities or deliberate misspellings. Of course, the CGA-tier PC graphics are an even bigger deal, but you get my meaning.

Form of Monkey! on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Wait a sec...I'm going to get to the point that I can't have everything installed? But my library already seems so huge at 80ish!

Oh no, I mean there's some games I bought just cause they were $1 or something so I figured why not. I suppose I'd be hard pressed to install every game I own unless I split them onto multiple hard drives or upgraded to more than 1 terabyte drives though.

I'm in a similar state, but I find they generally make a point of having a mix of big(ger) ticket items at a good discount, and some smaller/indy ventures for super cheap, so sometimes I just end up spending a buck or two each day getting cheap indy ventures, especially if they're tied to quick/easy achievements for event participation tickets/coal/whatever.

Man, it feels good to have a library that's still perfectly manageable, i.e. I expect to play (if not necessarily like) every game in it.

So far I think I'll play everything in mine - but there were a few games in bundles that I'm not sure on yet. I bought the indiegala one for the Void and Cargo so I'm not sure how much I'll play the Commandos series for example. Obviously I'll at least try everything.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    @Stealth XXIV your contest is awesome. Like a mini Acrophobia.
    If I hadn't bought the indie gala five minutes before you posted it, I'd totally be entering. :lol:

Thanks! I'll be sure to make another of the same kind with a different prize later on, I'm just anxious to get five people together so I can make a trial run.

Edit: Speaking of which, only three more entrants needed now, woo!

Stealth XXIV on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Thursday.

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Thursday evening I will be driving 14 hours to visit family and won't have access to my computer then!!!

Phone?

I don't have one of those new fangled intelligent phones.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Hmm, L.A. Noir for $5, a nice pre-Summer Sale nugget that I'll jump on.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    damn you LA Noire why do you have to be on sale when I have no money? I'm pretty sure it will be the same price in the summer sale though, is the DLC worth the extra £1.25?

also I just finished Hydrophobia and it wasn't too bad, it would have been a lot better without the shooting really but overall I'd say I enjoyed it. Now I need to decide which mediocre game to play next

rikdaly on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Holy cow, Aliens vs Predator is the daily! It's my understanding that I was in the minority regarding this, but I really enjoyed the game on my PS3. Has anyone played it on PC? I'm interested in how good the quality of the port is.

Likewise for L.A. Noire, I'd give it a shot if there's nothing technically wrong with it.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    damn you LA Noire why do you have to be on sale when I have no money? I'm pretty sure it will be the same price in the summer sale though, is the DLC worth the extra £1.25?

Its cheaper stateside! $5 there I believe. Every penny helps!

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »

Its cheaper stateside! $5 there I believe. Every penny helps!

Complete Edition (w/ DLC) is $7.49, so pretty much the same on either side of the pond.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ZebukielZebukiel Registered User regular
    only 3 hours left!

signature.png

• Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Holy cow, Aliens vs Predator is the daily! It's my understanding that I was in the minority regarding this, but I really enjoyed the game on my PS3. Has anyone played it on PC? I'm interested in how good the quality of the port is.

Likewise for L.A. Noire, I'd give it a shot if there's nothing technically wrong with it.

I haven't played it, but I remember reading in this thread that the L.A. Noire port is more or less terrible.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    In case people are put off by the long, detailed rules for the competition I posted on the previous page, here's a tl;dr version:
    • The prize is Indie Gala VI.
    • Four more entries still open - send me a PM to join.
    • I give you random letters - you make up funny phrases with those letters as the initials.
    • All players collectively vote for the best entries, but do so anonymously - you don't know whose entry you're voting for or who voted for yours.

If you're not interested in the contest, or would be if something were different (for example, the prize), I'd still love to hear what you think. I find this forum game really fun (I used to play a real-time, bot-driven version on IRC), and I'd like to do what I can to help it take off.

Edit: fixed BBCode

Sent a PM to enter. Honestly, the ridiculously lengthy explanation was part of what drew me to it.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    I like how the DLC maps for AvP are showing up at regular price. Buy the game for $3, get the maps for 5x that amount. :D

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular

I've played Alien Vs Predator and the port seems fine to me, I quite enjoyed it too

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Dungeons and Dragons Online is on Steam now too. Got a starter package deal just like LotRO did. It's fairly fun. No idea if the starter package thing is actually a good deal though.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I have LA Noire on the PS3 already so I'll probably skip that one - but AvsP I'm kind of tempted to go with. It's kind of hard not to get $2.99 of enjoyment out of a game...anyone have any experience with it?

• Options
    Dungeons and Dragons Online is on Steam now too. Got a starter package deal just like LotRO did. It's fairly fun. No idea if the starter package thing is actually a good deal though.
    The Half-Orc pack isn't too bad, but the $50 monstrosity is overpriced.

You can save nearly $20 buying that shit with Turbine Points, especially if you keep an eye-out for sales on said points.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Vi Monks wrote: »

I haven't played it, but I remember reading in this thread that the L.A. Noire port is more or less terrible.

I've played Alien Vs Predator and the port seems fine to me, I quite enjoyed it too

Thanks, noted!
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    In case people are put off by the long, detailed rules for the competition I posted on the previous page, here's a tl;dr version:
    • The prize is Indie Gala VI.
    • Four more entries still open - send me a PM to join.
    • I give you random letters - you make up funny phrases with those letters as the initials.
    • All players collectively vote for the best entries, but do so anonymously - you don't know whose entry you're voting for or who voted for yours.

If you're not interested in the contest, or would be if something were different (for example, the prize), I'd still love to hear what you think. I find this forum game really fun (I used to play a real-time, bot-driven version on IRC), and I'd like to do what I can to help it take off.

Edit: fixed BBCode

Sent a PM to enter. Honestly, the ridiculously lengthy explanation was part of what drew me to it.

Haha, that's good to hear. I can't help it; when I'm in rules lawyer mode I like to define things as exactly and clearly as possible. It sort of surprised me that I could boil down the rules down to those four points when I realized people's eyes just might glaze over when they see my Goddamn megapost.

With MegaMan001 on board that leaves two more open slots now.

Stealth XXIV on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I have LA Noire on the PS3 already so I'll probably skip that one - but AvsP I'm kind of tempted to go with. It's kind of hard not to get $2.99 of enjoyment out of a game...anyone have any experience with it?

If you're at all a fan of Aliens, I recommend it solely for the opening act of the Marine campaign. In the right mood, it's fucking terrifying.

I still never got around to playing the multi, or the other campaigns. If it gets a little popularity boost, probably gonna give it another go.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    AvP is pretty fun - although I got bored with it toward the end. The plot is a little ridiculous, and each race plays the same storyline from their perspective. Graphically, it is phenomenal.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Apparently, DDO is now available on STEAM.
    The DLC you can get is cheaper if you just go through the DDO MTC store, I think.
    Nope. Half-Orc itself is 1295 of their funbucks. 600 points is worth $8, apparently.

So, especially right now, that starter kit is a good deal.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

If you're at all a fan of Aliens, I recommend it solely for the opening act of the Marine campaign. In the right mood, it's fucking terrifying.

I still never got around to playing the multi, or the other campaigns. If it gets a little popularity boost, probably gonna give it another go.
    And perhaps it will get a boost, because you just gifted this to me! Or you gifted it a while ago, I dunno, I was reading a book and not paying attention to my PC.

BUT. Let it be known that @Dark Raven X is full of class, and in fact I would Photoshop a thank you for AvP except that the perfect picture already exists:

spaceballs-20090629062328679-000.jpg

• Options
    Does AvP have any kind of multiplayer functionality that still works?

• Options
    SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Al Baron wrote: »
    Apparently, DDO is now available on STEAM.
    The DLC you can get is cheaper if you just go through the DDO MTC store, I think.
    Nope. Half-Orc itself is 1295 of their funbucks. 600 points is worth $8, apparently.

So, especially right now, that starter kit is a good deal.

Oh, alright then.

I find it hilarious that the AvP map packs are more expensive than the game :P

SquiddyBiscuit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZebukielZebukiel Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Spoit who felt me having Breath of Death, but not Cthullhu Saves the World needed to be rectified. Such a Classy Gent!

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I've been on the receiving end of gifts frequently so far in 2012, and this a humble pre-Summer Sale offering back to your classy folks!

signature.png

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Did you guys know that when you're leaving comments on a profile in Steam, you can now use forum code to make things bold/italic/etc? Isn't that nuts?

To celebrate (and because I couldn't figure out who to give it to so I decided to just let whoever wants it enter) here is a game.

signature.png

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Did you guys know that when you're leaving comments on a profile in Steam, you can now use forum code to make things bold/italic/etc? Isn't that nuts?

To celebrate (and because I couldn't figure out who to give it to so I decided to just let whoever wants it enter) here is a game.

signature.png

Or you could just skip trying to win the game and piss your pants now. :)

Decoy on
  • Options
    I know I've seen classy @Spoit pictures before but he just gifted me Breath of Death so I felt I had to make my own.

classyspoit.jpg
    Thank you, Spoit!

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    signature.png
    signature.png

No doubt most people who want these have these already, but they sure did no good sitting in my inventory.

You found 2 entries for the Zeboyd double-pack? Could the loser kindly send me a ping to receive a consolation prize of equal or lesser value?
    Most likely equal value

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I remember last year when L.A. Noire was on 75% off sale for $7.50. Even though I already have it on the 360, I would have gotten it on steam, but didn't. Hope it comes on sale again!

EDIT: WHOOPS, never mind. Apparently its on sale now. NICE! Gonna get that complete edition. ;)

EDITEDIT: Oh wait, I heard there was some problems with starting up this game on steam. Did they fix that yet or what?

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    That's a good deal on LA Noire, and I've been waiting on it, but it's not a good time right now. Hopefully it'll hit the same price during the summer sale. If the summer sale goes later in July this year, I might actually have a budget for it! (birthday in early August)

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Another quick DXHR question. I'm leaving Detroit, and the dialog for "let's go" has a warning regarding unfinished sidequests. I don't have any sidequests listed in the menu; does it always say that, or am I missing something?

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Well I was going to take a chance on @Idx86's giveaway, but instead he straight gifted me AvP. Thanks man!

PwH4Ipj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.