Options

99 pages already for the STEAM thread? Yikes. Go find the new one.

• Options
    PheacePheace Registered User regular
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Pheace wrote: »

There's a button that says "Forum signatures" by the Comments section. Click that and the magic happens.

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    My thanks to the classy @Tofystedeth for gifting me the Binding of Isaac DLC. Now, to find time to dive back into the basement.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PheacePheace Registered User regular
    Ashe wrote: »
    Pheace wrote: »

There's a button that says "Forum signatures" by the Comments section. Click that and the magic happens.

Thanks. Must have glossed over it countless times, even after you mentioned it >.<

Another go then. Tadaa!!

signature.png

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Whomever the mods are for the PA Steam chat, they need to deputize a couple of regulars in chat. As gifting season is about to begin we are getting some unwanted visitors *cough*russianspies*cough* and spammers. It doesn't do a whole lot of good to be a mod for a group chat and never be in it.

I'd like to bring this point up again. I feel it would definitely help things if there was a mod or 2 that frequents the chat regularly. We don't usually have spammers but with the summer sale coming up it would be nice to at least be prepared in case it gets a bit messy.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Because I need to even out my karmic scale:

Short contest. Prize is a copy of the new Rainslick game.

Rules are draw me a picture of Sonic the Hedgehog in MS paint and PM it to me.

Contest runs til I wake up, so at least 5 hours from now probably.

Someone else should like, quote this in a couple pages so others can see it, since I'll be asleep and all.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZebukielZebukiel Registered User regular
    Great way to start the morning, Wake up to a Drive by gift from the upstanding @Elderlycrawfish, Thank you, you classy Gent.

• Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    *sigh*

Sadly this summer sale probably wont be as fun for me as previous sales because I pretty much own everything...

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    *sigh*

Sadly this summer sale probably wont be as fun for me as previous sales because I pretty much own everything...

That's essentially how the last winter sale ended up for me. I have all of the $1.50-$9.99 (post discount) games that I know I'd play. So know it's really just a matter of waiting for the usual crowd that's discounted to $10-20 to drop down to the lowest tier.

• Options
    Stealth XXIVStealth XXIV Registered User regular
    Thanks to the latest Indie Gala, I finally feel like I have a good prize for a contest I've been thinking about doing for a long time now. Hopefully you'll like this idea as much as I do, because I feel it fits the generous spirit of this thread very well. So here it goes!

Prize: The complete Indie Gala VI, including Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty, Commandos 2: Men of Courage, Commandos 3: Destination Berlin, Air Conflicts, Cargo, Ion Assault, and The Void, as well as three as-of-yet undisclosed extras. All the games are distributed as separate Steam keys, so you can gift some of them to other people (although please don't enter if you don't intend to keep some for yourself), and be part of a perpetual good karma machine that started when I allocated my entire payment to charity! Who wouldn't want that?

Entry: I will accept exactly 5 contestants via PM, and update this post to indicate when all the places are taken. If fewer than five people enter, I will probably postpone the contest until we can get more, or change the rules to accomodate fewer players. But that's crazy, of course five people will enter.

Rules: After all five entrants are gathered, I will send them all the same PM, wherein I will list five numbered sets of arbitrarily chosen letters, each from three to seven characters long. From there on the contest will be divided into two phases, with the following instructions for each.

The Writing Phase: For each set of letters, devise a phrase or complete sentence whose initials are the exact same (case-insensitive) letters as that of the given set. For example, if I gave the set "NEWELL", one possible phrase would be "Never even wanted enigmatically lactating limbs." As long as it fits the given set, it's valid, but you should strive to make the phrase or sentence as interesting, funny, and generally appealing as possible, because it will matter in the next phase. Send all five of your creations back to me via PM.

Now comes the (hopefully) really fun part. Once I receive all the submissions, I will make a list of your creations for each set of letters. Then I will send the complete list to each player, but without the names of the players who wrote the entries on it, and shuffled around differently for each set's list. Once you get this list, all that remains is for you to complete the last and final phase.

The Voting Phase: Look at each of the five lists, and pick your favorite entry on that list. The only rule here is that you aren't allowed to pick the entry you wrote, with one exception (see below). Send your choices back to me.

Now I'll simply tally the votes for each entry, and post the final results (including the entries themselves and all corresponding player names) in the thread. The contestant with the most total votes wins the prize.

Special Rules: These are unlikely to matter, but I'm including them just in case:

Twin, triplet, etc. entries: In the unlikely event of two great minds thinking alike (the alikeness, not the greatness, being the unlikely part *tips hat in a gentlemanly fashion*) and send the exact same submission for a given set, it will be listed twice for the set. For anyone who's not one of the contestants who wrote the identical entries, this means you have to arbitrarily choose between one of them if you decide to vote for that particular phrase. However, if you are one of the identical submission's authors, you can, as an exception, vote for any of them just the same. If you happen to vote on the one that belongs to you, I will simply shift your vote to the next identical entry on the list, and if the one you picked is the last, I will shift it to the first one on the list (kind of like with wrap-around text search). But then again, what are the odds?

Ties in the final tally: Should this happen, I will resolve it quite simply by adding a vote to the contestant whose entries I like best.

Goosery: Haha! Of course there will be no goosery in the form of telling the other players which entries are yours or anything similarly egregious. We are, after all, all classy gentlemen here and even talking about this is a far greater waste of words than covering the oblique situations described above.

I think that's it. If you have any questions about the rules, out with them! Otherwise, I'll just be eagerly waiting for the entries to arrive. :bz

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    *sigh*

Im in the same predicament, but then I realized that instead of buying for myself, I might as well gift some games to people on my friends list during the sale.

GIFTS FOR SOME! HALF-LIFE 2 FOR ALL!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    So do we know if the sale is going to start today? Or is it going to be next Monday?

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Thursday.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm excited for the sale, but very bummed that if it hits during my vacation I'll be very limited in terms of gifting or entering contests. The Android app is good for buying and that's about it. I'm hoping that leak is wrong, but admit signs point that it will be mid-July. I still have a lot of games to pickup - my goal is between this and the PS3 Plus freebies/backlog to not have to buy another game until Christmas (except for the 3DS).

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Thursday.

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Thursday evening I will be driving 14 hours to visit family and won't have access to my computer then!!!

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    *sigh*

I always try and pace myself, so I still have more goodies to look forward to at bargain prices in the next sale! Keeps the game-quilt expanding, slowly but surely.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Thursday.

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Thursday evening I will be driving 14 hours to visit family and won't have access to my computer then!!!

Phone?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    ooh

my head

maybe I shouldn't have spent 12 hours playing DXHR yesterday

Thursday.

Is this confirmed, or just an educated guess?

Tamin on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Thursday.

Thursday hasn't been confirmed, and even if it has you'll only be missing out on the daily.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hoping for ARMA 2 CO in the sale. I really wanna get Day Z, but can't justify paying full game price when I know I'm only after the free mod. :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    signature.png

Just a reminder...

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    No one knows the hour or the day of the Newell's return, so we must be vigilant.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    So my nephew wanted to play a game and so I thought Lego Batman 2! Put it to the ultimate test since he's 3 yrs old. Unfortunately I set the view in steam to Quilt and he saw his favorite TV character, Horrid Henry. Mercifully he got bored 10 mins later and we started Lego Batman 2, which he absolutely adores.

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Hoping for ARMA 2 CO in the sale. I really wanna get Day Z, but can't justify paying full game price when I know I'm only after the free mod. :P

Also hoping for this.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    when is the summer sale?

I need Arkham City!!!!!

• Options
    Sleeping Dogs for £20 over at greenmangaming.com with the voucher SLEEP-INGDO-GS30P

I'm super pissed I ordered it early now, its beyond a fucking joke. Games not even out yet, everyone ought to pay the Same price on the same site.

• Options
    Big Isy wrote: »
    So my nephew wanted to play a game and so I thought Lego Batman 2! Put it to the ultimate test since he's 3 yrs old. Unfortunately I set the view in steam to Quilt and he saw his favorite TV character, Horrid Henry. Mercifully he got bored 10 mins later and we started Lego Batman 2, which he absolutely adores.
    It really is impressive after years of pretty much every licensed kid's game sucking how great the Lego games are. We have Starwars and Pirates on the 3DS and Pirates on the PS3 and they basically do everything right for kids. Jokes, unlockables, difficulty level - they are great.

I will admit I'm a bit thrown off seeing the trailer for the new one and having them have voices - it just feels wrong. It would be like the Sims speaking in perfect English all of a sudden.

• Options
    Sleeping Dogs for £20 over at greenmangaming.com with the voucher SLEEP-INGDO-GS30P

I'm super pissed I ordered it early now, its beyond a fucking joke. Games not even out yet, everyone ought to pay the Same price on the same site.

Talk to them. If you preorder something for $50 on Amazon, and the price drops to $45, you get a $5 refund.

It's not unreasonable to expect them to do something similar.

• Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    *sigh*

STEAM world problems. But I'm with ya buddy. :(

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Wasn't there a Combined Operations sale like, two days ago?

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »

Talk to them. If you preorder something for $50 on Amazon, and the price drops to $45, you get a $5 refund.

Yeah I've done that. On my phone right now so I've just sent them a tweet

• Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Wow, Sonic Generations is a really fun game. I've been smiling the whole time I'm playing it. Lucas, my 3 year old, digs it too. He celebrates every time we finish a level, and he gives his commentary as I play. Mostly it's "Don't die!" "Is that a bad guy?" "Hit the bad guy!" and "Yes, we got him!" Good times.

Podunk on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Whomever the mods are for the PA Steam chat, they need to deputize a couple of regulars in chat. As gifting season is about to begin we are getting some unwanted visitors *cough*russianspies*cough* and spammers. It doesn't do a whole lot of good to be a mod for a group chat and never be in it.

I'd like to bring this point up again. I feel it would definitely help things if there was a mod or 2 that frequents the chat regularly. We don't usually have spammers but with the summer sale coming up it would be nice to at least be prepared in case it gets a bit messy.

Yeah, I agree with that. The chat could do with some moderation in general anyway.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    OK, as a pre-summer sale warmup, I have copies of Terraria and the Monkey Island Bundle for worthy recipients.
    Rules:
    1 Post explaining why you should get it
    Cannot have played Monkey Island before if applying for Monkey Island

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »

Yeah I've done that. On my phone right now so I've just sent them a tweet

:^: good luck

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    OK, as a pre-summer sale warmup, I have copies of Terraria and the Monkey Island Bundle for worthy recipients.
    Rules:
    1 Post explaining why you should get it
    Cannot have played Monkey Island before if applying for Monkey Island

Friendly Reminder: In order to not flood the thread with contest posts, we keep contests on PMs (Nothing stops you from gathering all the PMs and post them after the contest in order for the others to see though).

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    Cheers Tamin! They have a neat support section thats actually mobile phone oriented. Weird since the main Site isn't. In any case, request for refund sent.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    when is the summer sale?

Educated guess: starts on the 28th (the 2011 and 2010 sales began on the last thursday of June).

Rumour: it's been pushed back into July, but that's (far as I know) unsubstantiated, aside from the aforementioned lack of datamined info/achievements that we usually see as a prelude to the big event.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    I would like to do some gifting to the PA folks, if anyone would like to send me an invite to the group on Steam my ID is myiagrosx27, I think I have a few things sitting in my inventory right now, who knows, maybe someone doesn't have one of them yet.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    Has anyone had a chance to try Cubemen yet? It looks fun, but it says "mixes TD with RTS" in the description and I suck at RTS so I was hoping for an opinion or two before dropping the huge $2 investment.

This discussion has been closed.