As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phalla: Experimental Open Book Test Phalla. [Mini]

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    warban wrote: »
    For something completely different. I should note that RED and the vote (LYNCH RED) are two different things. This may not have been clear.

In other words:

None of you tried to take control of RED last night!

:)

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I hate being a failure a host. But I incorrectly read one action.

Sorry @Baidol. I made a mistake with one of the gels.

Dead:
    Baidol - Test Subject - Gelled to death.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    That's not a failure. :P

Mistakes are made all the time. At least you caught it early!

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    ooooOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOO

Jealous of the gello

OOOOOOoooooOOOOOOoooooo

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Wait @obifett, can you still use gold to convert other people to neutral?

I was under the impression that the SK faction could not use the SK converter gel themselves.
    warban wrote:
    Effect: Targeted player alignment is changed to a member of an S/K faction and gains access to a shared attack with all other S/K each night. This is a free action not a gel action. (Conversion cannot effect robots But can affect all Soulless Test Subjects and Soulless Robots.) S/K players cannot control this gel effect themselves once converted to the S/K faction. State: Crazy

So even if the SK faction could make neutrals, they can not directly convert them to more SKs.

Also neutrals need to kill SKs, since SKs need to kill neutrals (if that makes sense).

So really there are four factions, three that can make new Crazies by accident (villagers, neutrals and robots) and the Crazy who can not make more Crazy.

This means finding out what the SK gel converter power is fast will be useful since no one wants to create more enemies out of allies or neutrals.

Did anyone else target Baidol? If not we found one of the vig powers. :/

The funny thing about this game is there are hidden mechanics in what gel is what power, so the village can hide or share info with the mafia.

In other news robots have souls.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Welp, looks like I need a new vote. Hmm, who seems extra evil....

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    Anialos, clearly. :P

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    Anialos[/color], clearly. :P

Clearly, but there must be someone who is more evil! I think it's Mr. Mojo Risin.

• Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    So I took control of CROME last night, after trying to give it to TRV, but I don't know what it does.

Does that mean I have to use it on someone tonight, and also choose a new gel color to control tomorrow? Or is it more of a latent gel that will only activate when something is done to me?

For that matter, am I stuck with this gel forever?

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    You can pick new gels and targets each round.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Well I guess since I control the CROME gel, I'll go ahead and try to use it on @TheRoadVirus tonight. Any thoughts on what gel I should try to control next, or should we all just keep what we have until we know what it does?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Ok, let's get a quotelist going of the gels and their effects. Just quote my list and add your own, and I guess remove the quotes so we have one nice pretty list.
    COLOR - Effect - User/Target
    GREEN - Unknown Effect - Used by TRV on Dagon

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I am dying everyone! Isn't that exciting!?

So if you actually successfully used a gel last night, you would get a confirmation PM? Does that mean I didn't kill Baidol :(?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    I am dying everyone! Isn't that exciting!?

So if you actually successfully used a gel last night, you would get a confirmation PM? Does that mean I didn't kill Baidol :(?

It really is, are you going to go public with your target? After vote close of course.

This is rare in a game where the elected villager gets a whole day to talk and plot.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Yeah, I think this game has the potential to be rather different from the norm, which should be interesting.
    @dagon, I didn't get a gel saying I had been affected by anything. Maybe chrome is a no-effect gel?
    Did you get a message saying the green did anything to you?

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    so, i've heard that silver is the clinging roleblock.

that's good to know. please, someone use it on someone else.

• Options
    Yeah, I think this game has the potential to be rather different from the norm, which should be interesting.
    @dagon, I didn't get a gel saying I had been affected by anything. Maybe chrome is a no-effect gel?

If you wanted his attention, be aware it's @The Dagon

Steam profile
  • Options
    I tried to use chrome on you, but it said that I took control of chrome. It also said I did not know the effect, which leads me to believe it is one of the passive abilities, like Bound or a seer or even a roleblock, per the OP.

I was not affected by anything at all that I am aware of. I am assuming the first night's action is to control a gel, and the following night is when you can actually use it on a target.

• Options
    kime wrote: »

If you wanted his attention, be aware it's @The Dagon

Didn't see the 'the'. Whoops! Thanks Kime :)
    Yeah I think when it says you took control it means that YOUR order for it went through.
    Based on some people dying to gels, I am assuming that the effects are immediate. The ones we got may be the 100%/0% control things. So maybe we can get someone else each to try on whatever gel we go for, and if one of us gets it, maybe we have the 100%, and if not maybe we have the 0%?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Who took control of Orange?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    So I found the seer gel, debating on whether or not to reveal which one it is, wondering if there would be ways to divert it if mafia knew which one it was. Kime is a villager (did everyone target him) but I guess he is dying now or something.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    So I found the seer gel, debating on whether or not to reveal which one it is, wondering if there would be ways to divert it if mafia knew which one it was. Kime is a villager (did everyone target him) but I guess he is dying now or something.

I was voted out.

Thank you for that, though :D

Everyone talk to meeee

Steam profile
  • Options
    @kime 24-hour network head go!

• Options
    The Dagon wrote: »
    @kime 24-hour network head go!

Seers seer me, guards guard m--

oh wait

:(

Steam profile
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I'm sorry but I was taking a 12 hour flight and then recovering from horrible jet-lag yesterday so I did not post or use any gel last night.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Hey guys, I'm sorry but I was taking a 12 hour flight and then recovering from horrible jet-lag yesterday so I did not post or use any gel last night.

Likely story, mafia

• Options
    Wait @obifett, can you still use gold to convert other people to neutral?

I was under the impression that the SK faction could not use the SK converter gel themselves.
    warban wrote:
    Effect: Targeted player alignment is changed to a member of an S/K faction and gains access to a shared attack with all other S/K each night. This is a free action not a gel action. (Conversion cannot effect robots But can affect all Soulless Test Subjects and Soulless Robots.) S/K players cannot control this gel effect themselves once converted to the S/K faction. State: Crazy

So even if the SK faction could make neutrals, they can not directly convert them to more SKs.

Also neutrals need to kill SKs, since SKs need to kill neutrals (if that makes sense).

So really there are four factions, three that can make new Crazies by accident (villagers, neutrals and robots) and the Crazy who can not make more Crazy.

This means finding out what the SK gel converter power is fast will be useful since no one wants to create more enemies out of allies or neutrals.

Did anyone else target Baidol? If not we found one of the vig powers. :/

The funny thing about this game is there are hidden mechanics in what gel is what power, so the village can hide or share info with the mafia.

In other news robots have souls.

I can convert other people to neutral. And good catch on the S/K power, quick reading made me think S/K could control that gel.

I don't get where you think S/K need to kill neutrals? Also, why are you saying that S/K can't convert neutrals? That is the main faction they can convert!

And yes, there are 4 factions:

Test Subjects: Kill Robots.
    Robots: Outnumber or kill Test Subjects.
    Soulless/Neutral: Test Subjects or Robots win.
    S/K: unknown.

What's weird is that you seem to be assuming that the S/K's win condition is to get rid of the neutrals, which makes me think you have information about S/K's that no one should have except the single S/K out there, Void Slayer

• Options
    If that's the case, then it sounds like Void Slayer dun goofed.

• Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Void Slayer .

• Options
    The real question is whether or not its smart to try and vote out the S/K faction, villagers.

Your wincon says nothing about killing them. All you have to do is get rid of the robots. So isn't it a waste of time to spend killing it on S/K members? Or is it worth it to keep them from spreading so much that they kill you and make it impossible to win?

• Options
    The thing with competing against conversions is that you have to kill them off as quickly as possible. Letting them grow is a recipe for endgame disaster, because if you aren't directing at least some of your firepower at them, they'll soon end up outnumbering you, especially in a mini. Plus there's the usual "oh god what if the network head's been converted are they leaking all the secrets" thing that comes with this sort of thing.

• Options
    You can trust that I'm not converted :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I think keeping the S/K faction down is going to be critical to win. We had 4 deaths yesterday (including Kimes soon to be death) and we are likely to have 5 today with the inclusion of the S/K kill. Since 2 of the kills each night are basically random, since we dont' really know which gels are doing it its gonna be hard to target the mafia. I expect they are probally just going to die in the utter chaos that will come once the numbers go down a bit. But if the S/K numbers continue to grow I think they are going to quiet easly steal the win from us once the numbers go down. And they are going down fast.

Basically what TA said.

Greenbarons on
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    If void is the s/k if we dont kill him he can convert you tonight and you can push the neutral gel on someone else who he could then convert tomorrow night and so on, basically I think its pretty important for us to find the s/k and off him as soon as possible. void slayer

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    If void is the s/k if we dont kill him he can convert you tonight and you can push the neutral gel on someone else who he could then convert tomorrow night and so on, basically I think its pretty important for us to find the s/k and off him as soon as possible. void slayer

No.

S/K can not convert anyone to the S/K faction. You can only convert yourself/someone else to the S/K faction by controlling the S/K gel and then targeting yourself or someone else.

See below:
    warban wrote:

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Yeah I was just going to edit that but vote post and all. I remembered right after I hit reply...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

No.

S/K can not convert anyone to the S/K faction. You can only convert yourself/someone else to the S/K faction by controlling the S/K gel and then targeting yourself or someone else.

See below:
    warban wrote:

So basically we are going to probally get an S/K every day until we confirm which gel it is then right? All the more reason to keep their numbers down when we can.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I don't like the vote on Void Slayer. I think it is silly and not very telling.
    As such, I will vote The Anonymous because he should know better.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

No.

See below:
    warban wrote:

So basically we are going to probally get an S/K every day until we confirm which gel it is then right? All the more reason to keep their numbers down when we can.

Yup. Which honestly, the best bet might be for everyone who used a gel that didn't have a confirmable effect to use the same gel on the same target tonight. That way we are sure we don't create any additional S/Ks.

If your gel had a confirmable effect (kill, seer, etc) then pick the same gel and feel free to pick new targets.

Basically, lets do everything we can to not create new S/Ks because that could be bad for everyone.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    There's not a lot of talking going on here. Its day 2.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀