As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Affordable Care Cat upheld

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Houk wrote: »
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    don't hit women is kinda silly in it's phrasing because it implies hitting dudes is a-ok

don't hit people is better?

just

don't hit

I think those are two good, but separate messages.

yeah i mean usually when people are talking about not hitting women, they are specifically talking about not being abusive toward women in your life who you supposedly care about and who have come to trust you

not like some girl you got into an argument with outside a bar

in both those cases, obviously you should not hit them. but the factors involved with each of them are fundamentally different

So I can't have those sort of relationships with men?

Kind of a homophobic message there.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    don't hit women is kinda silly in it's phrasing because it implies hitting dudes is a-ok

just

don't hit

yeah i mean usually when people are talking about not hitting women, they are specifically talking about not being abusive toward women in your life who you supposedly care about and who have come to trust you

in both those cases, obviously you should not hit them. but the factors involved with each of them are fundamentally different

Nope.

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Swill wrote: »
    Punch boo the dog

whoa brandon fuck you punch cats pet dogs

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    who is yourrr

favorite katamari cousin

mine is....miso....no june.i think

Jun.gif

Jungle

Jungle.gif

"He is mostly disappointed that he is forgotten in field trips."

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    a very respectable 'mari choice

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Punch boo the dog

whoa brandon fuck you punch cats pet dogs

too many nouns and verbs I'm getting confused

fuck dogs pet brandon whoa cats punch you

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    punch pips and alexes

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    punch butts

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    punch butts

what about lustfully smacking them

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Punch boo the dog

boo is the light you heathen

• Options
    you know what I hate?

butters

• Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular

just

don't hit

massive generalization here but I think the thought process is that dudes are generally more capable of effectively defending themselves from a punch than most ladies are

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    Yeah but that doesn't make hitting them any more right.

• Options

just

don't hit

massive generalization here but I think the thought process is that dudes are generally more capable of effectively defending themselves from a punch than most ladies are

MISOGYNIST

• Options

just

don't hit

yo that is super chauvanistic

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    punch butts

only if they hot butts

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    yeah that too.

Quit hating women, jeez.

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    punch butts

only if they hot butts

that's the only kind i know

• Options

just

don't hit

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    no he's right

that's the thought process

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I think the only sensible opinion is that spousal abuse sucks either way it goes, even if society doesn't view female on male spousal abuse as a problem

The don't hit people poster is right

• Options
    hitting anyone is bad and the only reason malexmale violence is encouraged is because of stupid shitty reasons, when you hit a woman the whole 'not-looking-like-a-coward' incentive vanishes so there is absolutely no reason to do it

if a woman or a man attacks you then walk away and only hit back if you HAVE to defend yourself

i specifically pointed out 'dont hit women' though because it is waaaay more likely for a woman to be physically abused in a relationship than a man, i should have specified that

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Boo must be destroyed.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Ubik wrote: »
    no he's right

no it's not

Buttlord on
  • Options
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Ubik wrote: »
    no he's right

no it's not

how did your brain even learn human speech

• Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    "Don't hit people" is obviously the right mindset

But when you're trying to communicate ideas broadly and effectively you've got to be a little pragmatic and pick a target audience. IMO "You're fucking scum if you hit your girlfriend" is more effective at reducing heteronormative domestic abuse than "Don't hit people" would be

Most people would look at a sign that says "Don't hit people" and go "Yeah, obviously" and forget about it and not necessarily apply it to their specific situation in which they push their woman down the stairs

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    as a wife beater buttlord will be giving us his unique view on this issue

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    "Don't hit people" is obviously the right mindset

But when you're trying to communicate ideas broadly and effectively you've got to be a little pragmatic and pick a target audience. IMO "You're fucking scum if you hit your girlfriend" is more effective at reducing heteronormative domestic abuse than "Don't hit people" would be

Most people would look at a sign that says "Don't hit people" and go "Yeah, obviously" and forget about it and not necessarily apply it to their specific situation in which they push their woman down the stairs

ding ding ding this is correct

• Options
    Ok ladies. You like video games. Great. Name a game you play regularly other than the following. Not ranting.Just asking, Please? →

Assassin’s Creed Series

Call of Duty Series

Battlefield 3

Gears of War Series

Portal series

Super Mario

Pokemon

The Legend of Zelda

Halo

Skyrim

Mass Effect

Kingdom Hearts

Left 4 Dead

Bioshock

Because I’ve just recently noticed that females who play video games tend to lean towards these titles more than anything else. I ask this because I’m curious to see who has been there throughout the ages. Which of you lovely women have been there for the Metal Gears, The Half Lives, The Resident Evils, Gradius, Metroid all those fine titles. How many of you finished Red Dead Redemption, completed GTAIV, COMPLETED FALLOUT 3!? Whick of you can hold your own in a match against an online competitor in Soul Calibur V or Marvel vs Capcom 3? Who’s played Disgaea? Don’t get me wrong Bioshock, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and Kingdom Hearts were great games that were masterfully developed. Halo is groundbreaking and Call of Duty is addictive and has photo-realistic graphics. Please I just…I just want to know what else you guys play.

• Options
    I only date women who know how to Soul Block

• Options
    edited July 2012
    oh shit i don't have that deathstardriveby thing where the guy basically says that ladies being into nerdshit is like

nerd blackface or something

it's the worst fucking thing

lost it when my computer died

Buttlord on
  • Options
    you know what if you call people 'females' and youre not writing a biology report youre probably kind of a weirdo

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Ok ladies. You like video games. Great. Name a game you play regularly other than the following. Not ranting.Just asking, Please? →

Assassin’s Creed Series

Call of Duty Series

Battlefield 3

Gears of War Series

Portal series

Super Mario

Pokemon

The Legend of Zelda

Halo

Skyrim

Mass Effect

Kingdom Hearts

Left 4 Dead

Bioshock

Because I’ve just recently noticed that females who play video games tend to lean towards these titles more than anything else. I ask this because I’m curious to see who has been there throughout the ages. Which of you lovely women have been there for the Metal Gears, The Half Lives, The Resident Evils, Gradius, Metroid all those fine titles. How many of you finished Red Dead Redemption, completed GTAIV, COMPLETED FALLOUT 3!? Whick of you can hold your own in a match against an online competitor in Soul Calibur V or Marvel vs Capcom 3? Who’s played Disgaea? Don’t get me wrong Bioshock, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and Kingdom Hearts were great games that were masterfully developed. Halo is groundbreaking and Call of Duty is addictive and has photo-realistic graphics. Please I just…I just want to know what else you guys play.

I Can Be Just As Capable. Let Me.
    When I sit down at a computer, my left hand falls automatically into the inverted-V shape known well by all of you; middle three fingers arched across W, A, S and D. Pinky hovering over left-shift, my thumb resting lightly on the space bar. There’s a poetic comfort in this for me. I do it without thinking. These letters are the ones I always come home to.

So last week at E3, it wasn’t disappointing press conferences, my ruthless appointment schedule, not having time to eat, or even the nightly drinking that broke me. It was my forced separation from those four buttons.

It happened during one of my first appointments of the show, a half hour I’d booked to check out the sequel to a well-known military shooter franchise. I’d checked into the publisher’s booth as media and had been told to wait at a computer for the next available PR person to assist me.

So I sat down, fingers falling perfectly across the keyboard. Before me, yellow grass swayed in the wind, and leaning on the W, I began to move slowly through its blades, watching the brush give way to glimpses of crumbling buildings and battered vehicles. It was a meticulously detailed scene and I wanted to absorb all of it.

This was how the PR representative found me a few minutes later, though it seemed he mistook my marvel for a slow-witted lack of comprehension.

“Do you play PC games?” he asked, frowning.

One of the publications on my media badge was listed as PC PowerPlay. It shouldn’t have been necessary for him to ask such a question, but I answered. “Yes.”

“Well, OK.” I sensed a disbelief in the guy’s voice. “But do you play shooters?”

I remember the silence that filled this space beyond this question. I was horrified that anyone could even ask such a thing. Here I was, sitting with my fingers spread across WASD, admiring a game world — and somehow, for some obtuse reason, being assumed to be someone who didn’t know anything about the world or how to interact with it.

“I think I better play it for you,” he said finally, prying my hands away and turning the keyboard towards himself.

And so there I was, hands twisted awkwardly and uselessly in my lap as a guy walked me through his game. In laboured detail, he explained to me simple mechanics that any shooter player would be well-acquainted with. He avoided the gameplay due to some apparent strange belief that I was not there to learn about shooting things in a shooter game, that perhaps my delicate girl senses might be offended by killing with guns and missiles. He pointed out rabbits in the grass with all the condescension of an adult trying to distract a noisy toddler, as if my interest in this simulation-grade shooter lay in some wildly misguided assumption that it would be full of adorable, fluffy animals.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    COMPLETED FALLOUT 3!?

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i was trying to copy and paste from tumblr too but my post got flagged for moderation

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    ladies let me save you some time

the ending of fallout 3 sucked almost as much as borderlands

wait you didn't finish borderlands I bet

ok uhh

hmm hold up

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Fallout 3's ending was good if you ponied up for the dlc

...and I finished Borderlands.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    you know what if you call people 'females' and youre not writing a biology report youre probably kind of a weirdo

are you talking shit on Sir Mix-A-Lot?

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Fallout 3's ending was good if you ponied up for the dlc

...and I finished Borderlands.

i cheesed the fuck out of the ending

turns out you can stand just outside the combat zone and snipe it

and if you're a soldier with the mod that refills your ammo, you will never run dry

• Options
    ladies the ending of fallout 3 was almost as bad as that of SSN-21 Seawolf for MS-DOS