As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] 2012 Assassins Ball! (Ordering open until the 31st) [108!]

• Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    kemikal wrote: »
    I'm not a Sparkly Pony, but I think some people might be slightly upset if the guys' pin is all tough and the girls' pin ends up being frilly and... pink.

I hope that the theme for the girls button will not produce that interpretation. While I can't say for certain pink will not be on the button (I haven't made it yet), I can say there will be no frills in sight of it.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    The boy's pin needs more sparkle! And more pink, and definitely more frilly!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options

Lol, I can cover it in glitter and put it on a pink doily for you, how is that? :D

• Options
    kemikalkemikal Registered User regular

Sparkle on the boys' pin would be awesome. ;D

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    kemikal wrote: »

Sparkle on the boys' pin would be awesome. ;D

I tried emulating sparkles for PAX East with disastrous results but I'm thinking a Bokeh effect would look pretty sweet on that button. :)

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Ok! Late night allowed me to complete the Cowboy 'Verse and boys Sparkly Ponies buttons! Along with these buttons comes the taglines for Cowboy 'Verse and the boys version of Sparkly Ponies. The site will be updated when time permits but not any later than this weekend.

Cowboy 'Verse
    Out of bullets, out of time, and out of luck? Welcome to Cowboy 'Verse.

1.5_INCH_ROUND.png

Sparkly Ponies (Boys)
    If you have a problem, if no one can help, and if you’re sparkly then maybe you can hire... The HAY-Team.

1.5_INCH_ROUND_BOY.png

Let me know what you think. :)

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    RichSoCashRichSoCash Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I couldn't find it in the thread, but who, where, when and how do we get these buttons?

• Options
    DragonLord625DragonLord625 Registered User regular
    I'm man enough to wear one like this...wait, is that coming out wrong..?

• Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    I still haven't ordered. I have some questions that are probably already answered somewhere, so I apologize. When do I have to order by and can I pick it up at the con?

Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    RichSoCash wrote: »
    I couldn't find it in the thread, but who, where, when and how do we get these buttons?

I'll be distributing buttons at all the button meetups to players as well as at the Pre-PAX Board Game Night. I'll have a sign so you can find me and I'll post what that looks like once it's finished.
    I'm man enough to wear one like this...wait, is that coming out wrong..?

Not at all! :)
    Sumi wrote: »
    I still haven't ordered. I have some questions that are probably already answered somewhere, so I apologize. When do I have to order by?

No worries! So that I can meet demand and guarantee your faction choice it's preferred you order before the 27th as after that I may not print new badges and just use what is remaining. This is especially true if you want your badge branded.
    Can I pick it up at the con?

Yes. I updated the ordering system so that Mexico and Canadian orders can select this option for a $2.00 flat rate. Let me know if you run into any issues when ordering.

• Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    To be honest I had to look up Beaumonde. And then I had to look at the related searches to figure it out. My Firefly fandom pride feels bad for not recognizing it :(

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    To be honest I had to look up Beaumonde. And then I had to look at the related searches to figure it out. My Firefly fandom pride feels bad for not recognizing it :(

Don't feel bad! I had to look up the spelling for it and all the Dark Tower and was searching forever for some good Dark Tower references.

• Options
    Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    So are the Buttoneering Meetups safe zones, or are we risking exposure to our assassin when we go? XD

• Options
    So are the Buttoneering Meetups safe zones, or are we risking exposure to our assassin when we go? XD

They will be safe zones, I'll add it to the Safe Zones list tonight.

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Is PPD a safe zone? I remember LewieP being assassinated there one year!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Is PPD a safe zone? I remember LewieP being assassinated there one year!

Oh no, really? The game doesn't start until Friday morning when the doors open so that kill wasn't technically legal. If I'd known I would have given him a replacement!

Edit: On this note, if something happens to you and you feel like it wasn't legal or have a question don't hesitate to contact me (You will all be receiving info on how to do that soon). I'll try to help however I can to make sure your game experience is fun!

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'm going to make sure to have a copy of the rules on me at all times just in case a dispute arises. =P

Sharkey1337 on
  • Options
    lordkenobilordkenobi Registered User regular
    Robot Ninja. Just ordered my Kit. Cant wait this sounds like so much fun.

I may not have the keys to success but i can pick the lock.
  • Options
    lordkenobi wrote: »
    Robot Ninja. Just ordered my Kit. Cant wait this sounds like so much fun.

Great, thanks! Your kit is ready and will ship tomorrow!

• Options
    Just broke 75 kits ordered! To celebrate we've added Omeganaut branding for badges! For those Omeganauts who have already ordered/received your kits PM me with your order # and I'll print you a replacement to give to you at PAX! Congratulations!

• Options
    denthardenthar Registered User new member
    I just got my kit, just wondering how I register it. When I go to the register link, I just get a wordpress login page. am I missing something?

• Options
    denthar wrote: »
    I just got my kit, just wondering how I register it. When I go to the register link, I just get a wordpress login page. am I missing something?

The wordpress account is for the site, we need something to identify you so we can link kills and other things to it.

• Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I would like to respectfully request the "girls" design. The more fruu fruu, sparkles, and rainbows, the better.

Sincerely,
    Confident Secure Male

edgeofblade on
    6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    I would like to respectfully request the "girls" design. The more fruu fruu, sparkles, and rainbows, the better.

Sincerely,
    Confident Secure Male

Noted! :) Just to be clear though the girls button will not be intentionally any more or less "fruu fruu" then the boys button.

I've updated the rules to a new version, included the button meetups as safe zones as well as some clarafication that players must wear their badges in order to perform assassinations. Let me know if you have any questions!

• Options
    ottergalottergal Registered User regular
    Cowboy 'Verse here I come... wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Options
    Just for clarification, while panels are safe zones, what about waiting in line for panels? I'll probably be waiting in some 2 hour lines, so might as well know if I'll be a sitting target for those periods. =P

• Options
    ottergal wrote: »
    Cowboy 'Verse here I come... wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Woot!
    Just for clarification, while panels are safe zones, what about waiting in line for panels? I'll probably be waiting in some 2 hour lines, so might as well know if I'll be a sitting target for those periods. =P

Good question! Lines are fair game, so keep your eyes open for players while you're waiting in one.

• Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    The cowboys should be space cowboys. Then my button (which I am trading again this year) would represent every faction:
    sumihasabutton.jpg

Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    peterhuzzajpspeterhuzzajps Registered User regular
    The cowboys should be space cowboys. Then my button (which I am trading again this year) would represent every faction:
    sumihasabutton.jpg

I think there's room for a little interpretation :p Heh my button is of a ninja assimilated by the Borg sure technically ninja cyborg but.. meh.. I love Star Trek
    1.5_INCH_ROUND.jpg?1344606312

• Options
    edited August 2012
    sumihasabutton.jpg

I think there's room for a little interpretation :p Heh my button is of a ninja assimilated by the Borg sure technically ninja cyborg but.. meh.. I love Star Trek
    1.5_INCH_ROUND.jpg?1344606312

Indeed! Cowboy 'Verse is meant to be a mix of Firefly, Dark Tower and other Wild West tropes. The 'Verse is meant to directly reference Firefly but also interpreted as universe or multiverse. :)

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    primalwulfprimalwulf Registered User regular
    Just completed the kit order. Will it make it in time, if I live in Seattle?

• Options
    primalwulf wrote: »
    Just completed the kit order. Will it make it in time, if I live in Seattle?

Definitely, you should receive it by the 23rd, 24th at the latest. Thanks for playing! :D

• Options
    itchbayitchbay Self-Rescuing Princess Registered User regular
    Is it too late to get in on some Cowboy 'Verse action?

Not *that* kind of princess.
  • Options
    itchbay wrote: »

Not at all! If you order before the 22nd you can get your kit shipped but after that you can order online until the 30th and get your kit in person ($2 fee for pickup at the show).

• Options
    itchbayitchbay Self-Rescuing Princess Registered User regular
    itchbay wrote: »

Not at all! If you order before the 22nd you can get your kit shipped but after that you can order online until the 30th and get your kit in person ($2 fee for pickup at the show).

Cool. We're arriving Tuesday the 28th, so I wonder if it's just better to pick it up.

Not *that* kind of princess.
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    hmm...anyone know if LTACosta's dad is playing? I might have to sign up just so he has someone to kill again :P

Haha, he actually can't make it to PAX this year. First prime he's missed since he started going. Don't worry though, I'm sure I can kill you for him.

Edit: Also, I finally ordered my kit. I was debating joining this year since I'm in the Omegathon, but when I saw you were doing Omeganaut branding, I figured I had to do it. Hopefully I'm not too late :)

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    hmm...anyone know if LTACosta's dad is playing? I might have to sign up just so he has someone to kill again :P

Haha, he actually can't make it to PAX this year. First prime he's missed since he started going. Don't worry though, I'm sure I can kill you for him.

Edit: Also, I finally ordered my kit. I was debating joining this year since I'm in the Omegathon, but when I saw you were doing Omeganaut branding, I figured I had to do it. Hopefully I'm not too late :)

Great, I was thinking tr0tsky might go unchallenged this year! :) Nope, not too late! I've got your branded kit ready and it'll mail today! Thanks for playing!

• Options
    lordkenobilordkenobi Registered User regular
    Just got mine in the mail, its so sweet.

I may not have the keys to success but i can pick the lock.
  • Options
    lordkenobi wrote: »
    Just got mine in the mail, its so sweet.

Great, glad you like it! :)

• Options
    A few updates! We're at 97 kits, so close to 100. Now I'm not saying that 100th kit will be special, but I'm not saying it won't be either!

Also an update on branding! The Girls Meetup group now has branding, so if you're in that show your support! Since this came up late, if you already bought your kit just let me know the badeg code and I'll print you a branded replacement to give to you at PAX! I'll post images of the additional branding badges (Omeganaut, Girls Meetup) tonight when I get home. Which group is next?

This discussion has been closed.