Options

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Man, I really really like Tropico 3. Is Tropico 4 worth the $8 if I love 3 or is it mostly unchanged from 3?

@mynameisguido

If you really like 3, 4 is worth getting. It's largely the same, but more missions and more buildings is always good. The campaign missions are more interesting and varied, and are actually strung together in a bit of a story.

Felt more or less identical to me, it's more or less an expansion pack. But if you feel liek you haven't quite go bored of three and want to play with a couple of extra buildings it's worth a punt at $8.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    Saints Row the Third.

If you're interested in everything, the Franchise Pack is slightly more expensive.

Get the Purple Ops Pack, Maximum Pleasure Pack, and Season Pass. All told, that'll get 12 of the 17 DLC. It looks like the game and all the discounted DLC is $23.42...so about a buck-fifty savings...or half the cost of the remaining DLC, the Genki Girl Pack.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Could I get some assistance purchasing The Darkness 2? It's $22.49 over here, as opposed to $12.50 everywhere else.
    Will trade for same value.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Darn, missed Batman: AC heavily discounted. Being i've only just started the first (and I have From Dust to play too) I shouldn't be too let down.

Batman: AA annoys me in that I know there are pretty physx effects that I can't take advantage of due to my ATI card. I want to see flying paper damn it!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Well, Qube and Grimrock bought.

I feel like I'm pacing myself pretty well this sale. I feel good.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Our classy thread maker @minor incident just ninja gifted me Walking Dead! Oh God the zombies! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Can anyone tell me how optimized the engine is in Cities XL?

Every time it goes on sale I toy with picking it up but never do. I always worry that it'll run like complete ass. I don't mind it being a SRSBSNSS sim-city; I just want to know I can run it well.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Can anyone tell me how optimized the engine is in Cities XL?

Every time it goes on sale I toy with picking it up but never do. I always worry that it'll run like complete ass. I don't mind it being a SRSBSNSS sim-city; I just want to know I can run it well.

When I played it the engine seemed fine, didn't matter though because the game is complete ass.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    So how are download speeds for you guys so far? Things seem pretty good compared to previous sales, minimum of store/community crashing, and up until now I've been getting pretty normal downloads, but I'm currently trying to download the Darkness II demo and only getting about 250KB/s. Think it may be time to switch my region to the Ukraine or something...

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    I'm both really enjoying and maddeningly blind fucking hating The Binding of Isaac. Go figure.

• Options
    TheAustinBoundTheAustinBound Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    STEAM ON, ladies and gents! Off to work... I shall return with the night, Newell!

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I feel great about what I've gotten. Had stupidly thought Walking Dead would be cheaper than it is, so I'm snoozing that until Halloween/Christmas. I'll probably end up getting Civ V after all if it goes on a daily. Otherwise, not dying for anything.

Might actually start playing games now (I know, I know.)

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    Started playing The Walking Dead and was surprised at how it didn't seem to be running well. In one of the scenes it was constantly freezing for 10-15 seconds while sounds from future scenes played. Weird.

this is what I like to hear. Make me feel good!

Well, I see you have it now. If you also end up having this problem, turning the shadows setting down seems to fix it.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »
    I'm both really enjoying and maddeningly blind fucking hating The Binding of Isaac. Go figure.
    It's the way it's supposed to be. :mrgreen:

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Started playing The Walking Dead and was surprised at how it didn't seem to be running well. In one of the scenes it was constantly freezing for 10-15 seconds while sounds from future scenes played. Weird.

this is what I like to hear. Make me feel good!

Well, I see you have it now. If you also end up having this problem, turning the shadows setting down seems to fix it.

LOL cheers, I'll do that.

• Options
    PurpleMonkeyPurpleMonkey Why so derp? Registered User regular
    How come the Hitman collection doesn't include Contracts?

teddiepicture-1.jpg
    XBL, Steam & Tribes: elmartino333
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I feel great about what I've gotten. Had stupidly thought Walking Dead would be cheaper than it is, so I'm snoozing that until Halloween/Christmas. I'll probably end up getting Civ V after all if it goes on a daily. Otherwise, not dying for anything.

Might actually start playing games now (I know, I know.)

yeah i don't know why, but i was expecting it to get cheaper. I guess that gives me a few months to get through my other telltale games before the next sale

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Hmmm. Saint's Row the Third is really tempting.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options

As I recall, Contracts is not on Steam due to a silly licensing issue with one track of music in it or something like that.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular

It is a wonderful game.

• Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    So how are download speeds for you guys so far? Things seem pretty good compared to previous sales, minimum of store/community crashing, and up until now I've been getting pretty normal downloads, but I'm currently trying to download the Darkness II demo and only getting about 250KB/s. Think it may be time to switch my region to the Ukraine or something...

I'm in the UK dl'ing the full Darkness 2 game, getting 1014 KB/s.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

I'm in the UK dl'ing the full Darkness 2 game, getting 1014 KB/s.

I'm on the East Coast of the U.S. and getting about the same D/L speeds.

• Options
    Joe BlaqueJoe Blaque Orlando, FLRegistered User regular
    Ah. Good..... morning, steam thread of hot steaminess.

I am greeted with class that knows no bounds by no less than three gifts from some very classy gentleman.

Many thanks to @Pemulis for allowing me to Defend some Dungeons in a colorful cell shaded wonderland!

@Elderlycrawfish won't be steamed (ah hah!) and seasoned Louisana style anytime soon, as his class cannot be contained in the form of Mount & Blade of the Fire and Sword variety!

And last but not least many classy golf claps go out to our dear friend @mercutio87 for gifting me the ability to kill some floors with everyone! I have heard many a good story and time about this floor killing business.... and business is good!

Stay classy, my friends!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Krummith wrote: »
    Is there any good way to see what amazon has on sale?

I really dislike using their interface to browse.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317580
    though he hasn't updated it today yet with the new week's sales

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular

As I recall, Contracts is not on Steam due to a silly licensing issue with one track of music in it or something like that.

I have to wonder how difficult removing/replacing one track of music would be in situations like that. Are licenses typically worded so that a product using a licensed track cannot be altered to remove said track or something?

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I find it hard to justify buying Skyrim again but that price is fantastic

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    A another bombardment of classiness has hit me!

@kalia sent my plants vs zombies! I shall have the prettiest zombie killing flowers pf them all!

@Malakaius hit my up with Harley Quinn's boobies DLC.

Also my email (since I'm on my way to work) notified me that @Hieric has hooked me up with The Blackwell Bundle, which is a great thing for an Adventure game junkie.

Tip o' the top hat to you all.

Finally, a reminder:

Everyone vote Bastion.

Bastion was my GOTY and is one of my favorite games ever. The soundtrack is amazing, the narration is perfect and the story is incredibly engaging. All paired with fun solid gameplay.

I can't remember the last game to make me feel as much as Bastion did. Plus it has the single most compelling choice I've ever had to make in a video game. Blew the Mass Effects out of the water.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Saints Row the Third.

If you're interested in everything, the Franchise Pack is slightly more expensive.

Get the Purple Ops Pack, Maximum Pleasure Pack, and Season Pass. All told, that'll get 12 of the 17 DLC. It looks like the game and all the discounted DLC is $23.42...so about a buck-fifty savings...or half the cost of the remaining DLC, the Genki Girl Pack.

Thanks for the recommendation on those packs... they're not even listed in the DLC for SR3, I guess because they are themselves pack of DLC packs. :P Since it's on sale, it makes those cheap DLCs even cheaper!

Are there any more packs like that?

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    143999 wrote: »

I have to wonder how difficult removing/replacing one track of music would be in situations like that.

My guess is, probably not very difficult, but still past Squeenix's give-a-shit threshold.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    143999 wrote: »

I have to wonder how difficult removing/replacing one track of music would be in situations like that. Are licenses typically worded so that a product using a licensed track cannot be altered to remove said track or something?

This is why many companies simply make the composer sign over licensing rights to the music. If you don't, you get situations like this.

• Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    A big thank you to @SvK for gifting me Payday out of nowhere!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

It is a wonderful game.

Yea... I've already played and beat it on 360 and I'm real close to just pulling the trigger on it again.

Though "wonderful" invokes kind images. "Batshit crazy" is more appropriate, and in the very best ways.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options

That reminds me, is anybody maintaining a record of everything that's been a daily or flash sale so far? I know every long sale days start to blur together and it gets hard to remember what the previous dailies were, and the flash sales make everything that much more confusing.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »

It is a wonderful game.

Yea... I've already played and beat it on 360 and I'm real close to just pulling the trigger on it again.

Though "wonderful" invokes kind images. "Batshit crazy" is more appropriate, and in the very best ways.

There is a pimp with an auto-tuned voicebox thing, you can beat people to death with a dildo, Burt Reynolds is the mayor, and you meet Hulk Hogan

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular

That is so much better! Thanks!

• Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Think maybe Spec Ops will go any lower than it is now? Im holding off on a few things in case maybe it becomes a flash sale. Or is it just too new?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    It was on sale on Amazon already, so yeah! Might go even cheaper before the end.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Noizlanif wrote: »
    Think maybe Spec Ops will go any lower than it is now? Im holding off on a few things in case maybe it becomes a flash sale. Or is it just too new?

It was half off on Amazon just about a week ago. I'd say there's a reasonable chance it gets a daily. Don't expect better than 50% off, though.

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Aw, still no ARMA II franchise on mega-sale. It is gonna happen, it is gonna happen.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    madnessnewbmadnessnewb Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

That reminds me, is anybody maintaining a record of everything that's been a daily or flash sale so far? I know every long sale days start to blur together and it gets hard to remember what the previous dailies were, and the flash sales make everything that much more confusing.

This:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=31645596
    and
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2807590

madnessnewb on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.