Options

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• Options
    RichardRichard Registered User regular
    Hyperion wrote: »
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    Someone convince me which to buy between shogun 2 collection fear collection and the walking dead. I'll likely buy 2 but can't decide..

SHOGUN 2.

It's awesome.

I was so close, only 30 minutes left on the deal but finally I caved. Now I have both Civ V and Shogun 2. Steam should sell more hours for the day.

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Man, do I want Dear Esther?

I tell you what I told my friend in Steam chat earlier.
    Rienen: heres an idea, you give me 2.50
    Rienen: come to my house
    Rienen: and everytime you enter a room I'll tell you a story about something that happened in that room

Edit: I hear people raving about it. I personally don't see the draw. The wiki sealed the deal for me: "it involves minimal interaction from the player and does not require choices to be made nor tasks to be completed. It instead places focus on its story, which is told through a fragmented, epistolary narrative read to the player as they explore an unnamed island in the Hebrides."

Edit2: I'm all for story... but I'd prefer a wee bit more interaction than it's talking about.

Decoy on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

For a couple bucks, why the fuck not?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Breaking my habit of ninjagifting to actually post a giveaway.
    Anyone need all the X games?

signature.png

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular

Christ yes.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Amnesia's on the flash sale.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular

For $2.50? Do it!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    *splash*

*splash*

*splash*

*Splash*splash*splash*

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Is The Walking Dead worth the $15? I was definitely going to pick it up if it hit $10, and realistically I probably wont be able to get around to playing it until the Halloween Sale (which I assume theyre having), and even if it doesnt go on sale then the Holiday Sale isnt that far away at that point.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    If they keep up the quality from the first 2 installments then TWD is definitely worth $3 an episode.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    I think I'm safe today. Except for possibly having to explain to IT why I'm looking at a NSFW thread title in my browser history.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    Decided to buy Metro 2033 - mostly on the advice of you guys!

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    When you see me posting these giveaways sans links, be aware that they are tests to see who is clever enough and dedicated enough to sign up for them.

Are you a bad enough dude to win these awesome games?

signature.png

signature.png

• Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Muppetman wrote: »
    Decided to buy Metro 2033 - mostly on the advice of you guys!

Good job. You have made the correct choice:)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Sigh, I guess nobody wants a free copy of Renegade Ops. I think tonight I will gift stuff to people to drown my sorrows in purchases. :p

If anyone owns some pc controllers and has a friend or an awesome roommate, and doesn't already own this game, take this gentleman up on his classy offer. One of the most fun games to play with a friend. Has split screen like the LEGO games. You just drive around and blow stuff up, great game to just chill on a couch and play.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    So I'm decided on picking up Saints Row the Third when I get home, but should I just get the base game, or get the pack that has like 19 different DLC things in it? I'm a sucker for having everything a game offers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular

signature.png

Are these X^n games just space combat sims? I can't really tell and Youtube hasn't been all that helpful.

I already have a couple space sims, but no joystick. I haven't played them.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Hmmm... I don't like having to wait 30 minutes to log into my Steam account from a different computer.

Possibly related to the extra load they're seeing from the summer sale?

I log in on 4 different computers (home, iphone, work, girlfriend's place) and whenever I need a code for one of them it's usually in my gmail inbox within seconds or minutes at most.

Any chance it's in the spam folder?

I've honestly had this problem ever since they enabled the new security system. It always takes me at least 15 minutes to get the code. Sometimes up to an hour. It's incredibly frustrating.

Aaaaaand this is why I still don't use Steam Guard.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    The shotgun in Metro 2033 is one of my favorite guns. It, like all of the weapons in Metro, has a "I built this in a basement" feel to it. And the way it reloads depending on how many shots you've made and where the chamber is takes getting used to, so you end up forming a relationship with it. It adds to the realistic feel of the game.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular

signature.png

Are these X^n games just space combat sims? I can't really tell and Youtube hasn't been all that helpful.

I already have a couple space sims, but no joystick. I haven't played them.

Their space sims where you can do what you want. Be a Pirate, be a Trader, work for a Faction doing their missions, etc. I played X3:TC with KBAM and did fine for the time I put in it, but as the fighting got a bit tougher I wanted a joystick and put the game on the back burner.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    Is The Walking Dead worth the $15? I was definitely going to pick it up if it hit $10, and realistically I probably wont be able to get around to playing it until the Halloween Sale (which I assume theyre having), and even if it doesnt go on sale then the Holiday Sale isnt that far away at that point.

$15? Just from the hype here, I'd snap it up. £12.50 is proving a more unsurmountable barrier.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »

In my opinion, yes. Keep in mind that you get ALL 5 five episodes for that price (2 of which are available right now).

The atmosphere is fantastic, the dialogue system is great, the characters are interesting and there definitely is some replay value because of the choices you make throughout the story.

Even if you haven't watched the show (or were put off by it), give it a try since it doesn't have very much to do with the show other than the setting.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I play X3:TC exclusively with KBAM, and I'm a huge flightsim guy.

• Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    Oh noes! My wife just called, said that a crew digging in the backyard cut through the main feed. No cable interwebs at home (for now). Maybe this is all for the better...it gives me at least one more day where she can't do the online banking thing, which gives me one more night of not sleeping on the couch!

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I think X3 plays worse with a joystick personally. I prefer just to point and click autopilot around because the flight model feels like butt.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Just checking in to say that The Walking Dead is utterly fantastic and anyone who is still on the fence should just buy it right now. It would be impossible to regret it.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    So I'm decided on picking up Saints Row the Third when I get home, but should I just get the base game, or get the pack that has like 19 different DLC things in it? I'm a sucker for having everything a game offers.

DLC is totally not needed. 4 of them actually add something worthwhile, but even then, they're very brief story segments that take place after the story proper. Most of the DLC packs are clothing (for you and/or your followers)/skins, and don't really impact the game.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    AnakinOU wrote: »
    Oh noes! My wife just called, said that a crew digging in the backyard cut through the main feed. No cable interwebs at home (for now). Maybe this is all for the better...it gives me at least one more day where she can't do the online banking thing, which gives me one more night of not sleeping on the couch!

D:

Man.

Man.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Free. Seriously. I feel bad having perfectly good games sitting unused in my inventory, help me get rid of them! PM Me or msg in steam. I'll be home in an hour or so.

1x HalfLife2
    2x RenegadeOps pack (RO, coldstrike, and reinforcements)
    3x RenegadeOps (base game only)
    1x Silent Hill Homecoming
    1x Portal 2

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    Jeix wrote: »
    I know a lot of people are already recommending Metro 2033 but it really is a fantastic game. Especially if you enjoyed the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. But if you did, you have already played Metro I'm sure. For a single player apocalyptic shooter its the tops.

How scary is it? I cant handle ze scary.

It's not very scary except for one level whose scariness is greatly reduced if you have a particular weapon. If you can handle Stalker or RE4 or any of those not-super-scary games you'll be fine.

Hmm. RE4 I was good with. Stalker gets me in some parts. I've got a day to think on it I suppose. Thanks for the infos!

• Options
    Dire JayDire Jay Registered User regular
    Time to head home and maybe catch some sales?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    Big thanks to the ever-classy @testsubject23 for gifting me Cave Story+!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Oh man, so this guy @Shiflett sends me a friend request, and I'm all like, sweet, more classy PA dudes to play games with, and then he's all like "BOOM MATE" and next thing I know, he's given birth to a lovely little boy named Payday. And it's all mine!

Thanks, good sir!

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Jeix wrote: »
    Rend wrote: »
    I am a huge STALKER fan but never played this, and I love scary stuff.

How much am I going to love the game I just purchased? [Most/Mostest]

It's not like super scary but it has a great atmosphere to it, probably the most immersive game I have played. But I would definitely play it in the dark and on the hardest difficulty available. The more you fear the bad guys and the limited availabilty of ammo will really pull you in.

This is exactly my plan.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    This vote is horrible. Why can't BG&E and Mirror's Edge both be 75% off? I want to buy multiple copies of both.

I think I've run out of games to buy for myself, though. The last Sega pack...and maybe EYE?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Sigh... That damn Space Asshole song is stuck in my head. Hah.

• Options
    ShiflettShiflett Registered User regular
    Hyperion wrote: »
    Oh man, so this guy @Shiflett sends me a friend request, and I'm all like, sweet, more classy PA dudes to play games with, and then he's all like "BOOM MATE" and next thing I know, he's given birth to a lovely little boy named Payday. And it's all mine!

Thanks, good sir!

you're most welcome!

• Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Thanks to @adda for Darkness II, was not expecting it!

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    oakke wrote: »

I hear it's like Cave Story, but with more object-oriented features.
    </lame programming joke>

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    oakke wrote: »

I hear it's like Cave Story, but with more object-oriented features.
    </lame programming joke>

Shouldn't it be Cave Story++ then?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
This discussion has been closed.