Options

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    This vote is horrible. Why can't BG&E and Mirror's Edge both be 75% off? I want to buy multiple copies of both.

This is the funny thing about the flash sales. You just might see either one get a daily sale before this whole thing is done!

• Options
    Dire JayDire Jay Registered User regular
    AnakinOU wrote: »
    chrisnl wrote: »
    So I'm decided on picking up Saints Row the Third when I get home, but should I just get the base game, or get the pack that has like 19 different DLC things in it? I'm a sucker for having everything a game offers.

DLC is totally not needed. 4 of them actually add something worthwhile, but even then, they're very brief story segments that take place after the story proper. Most of the DLC packs are clothing (for you and/or your followers)/skins, and don't really impact the game.
    BUT...he could pay 50 cents for a GUN THAT MAKES A SHARK EAT PEOPLE.

I'm just sayin. Actually wait until i get home and I WILL PAY the 50 cents because that EFFING SHARK eats people. You gotta see it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »
    Jeix wrote: »
    I am a huge STALKER fan but never played this, and I love scary stuff.

How much am I going to love the game I just purchased? [Most/Mostest]

It's not like super scary but it has a great atmosphere to it, probably the most immersive game I have played. But I would definitely play it in the dark and on the hardest difficulty available. The more you fear the bad guys and the limited availabilty of ammo will really pull you in.

This is exactly my plan.

Some say the game is buggy

These people are idiots

No Stalker games have bugs, not a single one

What they have is the Will of the Zone

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    oakke wrote: »
    Big thanks to the ever-classy @testsubject23 for gifting me Cave Story+!

I hear it's like Cave Story, but with more object-oriented features.
    </lame programming joke>

Shouldn't it be Cave Story++ then?

It should. We should petition the publishers to rename it, so we can make more accurate jokes.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    This vote is horrible. Why can't BG&E and Mirror's Edge both be 75% off? I want to buy multiple copies of both.

This is the funny thing about the flash sales. You just might see either one get a daily sale before this whole thing is done!

This is my only hope.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Jesus christ, you are all in a classy mood.

@testsubject23 didn't even let me mull over Dear Esther, and quietly slipped it into my library when I wasn't looking.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    Jeix wrote: »
    I am a huge STALKER fan but never played this, and I love scary stuff.

How much am I going to love the game I just purchased? [Most/Mostest]

It's not like super scary but it has a great atmosphere to it, probably the most immersive game I have played. But I would definitely play it in the dark and on the hardest difficulty available. The more you fear the bad guys and the limited availabilty of ammo will really pull you in.

This is exactly my plan.

Some say the game is buggy

These people are idiots

No Stalker games have bugs, not a single one

What they have is the Will of the Zone

Sounds like that Gamecube game...Eternal Darkness?
    That would be awesome if they actually did that in Stalker and made crazy stuff happen.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    fzsT8.pngContest TimetErbf.png

I have Metro 2033 to give away to a classy lady or gent who can help me out.
    This saturday I will be in Madrid for a 10 hour layover on the way to Malaga. I sure as hell will not be spending those 10 hours at the airport. I'd like to explore the city!
    Problem is I don't quite know what to do or where to go. Or how to maximize my 8-10 hours there.
    So just shoot your suggestions over to me, and the one that tickles my fancy the most gets the prize.

minirhyder on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Lepwave wrote: »
    Thanks to @adda for Darkness II, was not expecting it!

Np, thanks for the brokerage to fix my 4 pack troubles.

For the rest of you hungry dogs (2 copies to give away)

signature.png

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular

</lame programming joke>

It should. We should petition the publishers to rename it, so we can make more accurate jokes.

It would also leave the door open for Nikalis to make a SMB look-a-like and name it Cave Story#.
    </even More lame programming joke>
    *disclaimer* I have never actually used C#

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular

</lame programming joke>

Oh boy, can't wait for Cave Story#

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

I think I've run out of games to buy for myself, though. The last Sega pack...and maybe EYE?

I voted for Mirror's Edge because it's owned by fewer people on my friend list and I already own BG&E on XBLA, Gamecube, GOG.com, and a couple of other places I think. I only own Mirror's Edge for 360.

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    I wish I could enjoy the Stalker games. I played the first one a fair amount and I know there's good meat on those bones, but they're just so janky and Russian that it's hard to get into it.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I'm considering saving some of my steam wallet funds for Torchlight 2. Do we have any idea when it comes out? It still just says summer.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    anoffday wrote: »
    I'm considering saving some of my steam wallet funds for Torchlight 2. Do we have any idea when it comes out? It still just says summer.

No release date has been announced that I know of, rumor has it it has moved to late August/early September.

signature.png

R0land1188 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

If you head over to the Torchlight 2 Thread, the last post is a copy/paste of the latest from the Devs, talking about what they're working on and how the process works. Basically, saying "no date anytime soon".

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

I think I've run out of games to buy for myself, though. The last Sega pack...and maybe EYE?

I voted for Mirror's Edge because it's owned by fewer people on my friend list and I already own BG&E on XBLA, Gamecube, GOG.com, and a couple of other places I think. I only own Mirror's Edge for 360.

I don't own BG&E actually, I only rented it. Not sure if I should buy it here, I heard they were going to make a collection with it on PS3.

I don't think I'll buy Mirror's Edge for myself, someone here gave it to me through Origin.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I'm trying to remember was the Assassin's Creed pack cheaper when one of them was a flash sale? It's $35USD atm.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Scosglen wrote: »
    I wish I could enjoy the Stalker games. I played the first one a fair amount and I know there's good meat on those bones, but they're just so janky and Russian that it's hard to get into it.

Call of Pripyat is the most stable and bug-free of the series. If you can get past the horrible voice acting I'd recommend that one.
    Or either of the other two with the Complete/ZRP mods (which fix most of the really hideous bugs).
    That series, along with Mount & Blade and Minecraft are my all time favourites.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    Is there anyway to use a controller with Cave Story+

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    Is it possible to get an invite to the Steam group?

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »

This saturday I will be in Madrid for a 10 hour layover on the way to Malaga. I sure as hell will not be spending those 10 hours at the airport. I'd like to explore the city!
    Problem is I don't quite know what to do or where to go. Or how to maximize my 8-10 hours there.
    So just shoot your suggestions over to me, and the one that tickles my fancy the most gets the prize.

Malaga? Isn't it where our very own @Lord_Snot lives? He might just be the perfect person to tell you all about it. Anyway, enjoy the trip. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular

Ya, you just need a pad-to-kb program. Joy2key I think is one. I use the stock one that comes with my logitech pad.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular

joy2key works with it

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

I voted for BG&E, even though I have it (for both GCN and XLBA) and not the other two, because everyone needs to play that game, everyone.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I'm playing Jade Empire and suddenly I'm gifted some cuddly delightful fun by the always awesome Classy Teddy Bear loving @Pablo_Price.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    either,oreither,or Registered User regular
    I am so glad I ended up biting on The Walking Dead. I just played through all of the first episode, it was incredible! Even better, when I come to post in the steam thread I find out that there is a gun that shoots sharks that I can buy for Saints Row 3 and now I get to go and play through that again with a gun that shoots sharks. Today is the best day.

steam_sig.png
    3DS friend code: 4811-7214-5053
  • Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    either,or wrote: »
    I am so glad I ended up biting on The Walking Dead. I just played through all of the first episode, it was incredible! Even better, when I come to post in the steam thread I find out that there is a gun that shoots sharks that I can buy for Saints Row 3 and now I get to go and play through that again with a gun that shoots sharks. Today is the best day.

How long does it take to play through each episode?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I voted BG&E because of it's infrequency to go on sale compared to ME going on sale more often. Also noticed that ME is actually cheaper in Australia than the USA. How's that for a change?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    minirhyder wrote: »

Malaga? Isn't it where our very own @Lord_Snot lives? He might just be the perfect person to tell you all about it. Anyway, enjoy the trip. :)

Oh worry not, I have questions for Snot as well :P

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Thanks @mere_immortal I will explore all caves!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    R0land1188 wrote: »

How long does it take to play through each episode?

It seems to vary person to person pretty heavily. Around 2 hours an episode seems to be the "norm" but I know I've heard people getting through it faster and slower. I did the first episode in two sittings and the second in a single sitting (both because I simply could not pull myself away) and have a total of 4 hours on my "Played" time on Steam.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular

You can shoot sharks with any gun. Just point the gun at a shark. Duh.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I'm weak, I caved and got SRTT and a couple of the interesting looking dlcs

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    How is the PC version of Walking Dead for controller support? If I wanted to play it on my couch would it support that?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    A big thanks to UpsetProps for Cave Story +

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    How is the PC version of Walking Dead for controller support? If I wanted to play it on my couch would it support that?

Yeah all good, can even use both at the same time as it seamlessly switches input on the fly (love it when games do that.)

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    @Drake You son of a goose, so bought when I get home.

@R0land1188 Thanks, forgot to list those, I have everything up to Assault Squad.

I'm still 3 pages behind in the thread, I'll probably be 3 more when I read this post.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Thanks to Shapeshifter's awesome give away, I get to make it rain Ork parts in Space Marine.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Adda wrote: »

Yeah all good, can even use both at the same time as it seamlessly switches input on the fly (love it when games do that.)

Seconding. Played through with a controller and it was fantastic. At least for using a 360 controller, all the on screen prompts even changed to show the 360 buttons.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
This discussion has been closed.