Options

Go find the new STEAM Thread!

• Options
    kaliakalia Registered User regular
    So, uh, @Buster Blade gifted me Borderlands 2 pre-order. Yesterday. I am still in shock at the class, good sir.

Lost Coast is fun enough & very pretty. I'd play it, but it's like a couple hours & doesn't matter at all to any story as far as I know.

• Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    One last chance..

signature.png

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    kalia wrote: »
    So, uh, @Buster Blade gifted me Borderlands 2 pre-order. Yesterday. I am still in shock at the class, good sir.

Lost Coast is fun enough & very pretty. I'd play it, but it's like a couple hours & doesn't matter at all to any story as far as I know.

Wow, that's some goddamn class!

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Wow, NOBODY has entered for the Portal pack? There's gotta be someone reading this that doesn't own both games. Doesn't there?

I suspect everyone has a copy of Portal, and nobody wants to deprive someone else of the opportunity to play Portal.
    Which reminds me, I need to finish Portal.

On an unrelated note, I've noticed that three games in my library (Star Ruler, X-Com and.. something else... have all been set to a status of 'Download paused' for a week or so now. I don't know what they think they were downloading, but I can't seem to unpause them - right clicking on the library, and on the pause button in the download monitor are both ineffective. ANyone run into anything similar?

I actually just got around to picking up Portal during the Summer Sale, as well as Half-Life. Also I was completely unaware there are like 9 different Half-Life games what order are they supposed to be played in?

Half-Life
    Half-Life: Opposing Force
    Half-Life: Blue Shift
    Half-Life 2
    Half-Life 2: Lost Coast (I guess)
    Half-Life 2: Episode 1
    Half-Life 2: Episode 2

Half-Life Source is just a Source update of the original Half-Life.

are opposing force/blue shift long/worth playing through? steam won't let me uninstall HL1 with those two installed

Yes, they're both worthwhile, though Opposing Force is the better of the two. Blue Shift was pretty short, if I remember right - it's been a few years.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular
    Hey, is Force Unleashed worth getting @ $13.00? It just got put up for the Mac and I've always wondered about it...

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I tried to play Dear Esther with my fiance watching the other night. She asked if there were going to be any Nazis to shoot in the near future. When I told her no, she stopped watching.

Neat game, though. I kind of wish I could walk faster. The pace you move at is a little frustrating for some reason, even knowing the overall purpose.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    PsiberianPsiberian Registered User regular
    @drunk caterpillar The first one is a TON of fun. avoid the second one at all costs. i think it clocks in at 4 hours..if you take your time and admire the scenery

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Drake wrote: »
    I totally see where you are coming from. And this is getting discussed between the PAGT Admins.

Well, it isn't being discussed with me, and I am an admin last time I checked.

OK, the active PAGT admins.

Stop by chat sometime.

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @Badpoet for gifting me Left 4 Dead 2!

However, it's not really my kind of game, so I hope it finds a good home!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Hey, is Force Unleashed worth getting @ $13.00? It just got put up for the Mac and I've always wondered about it...

I thought the game was fantastic myself, but others weren't impressed.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

I thought the game was fantastic myself, but others weren't impressed.

the first one was a fun power trip simulator. never played the second beyond the demo. demo was fun, but I've heard the actual game wasn't much longer.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular

I had a lot of fun with FU on 360 but it is not without some pretty huge control flaws, particularly on boss fights.

FU2 is shit and should be avoided.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    IIRC TFU is something like 30GB and a pretty lazy (bad?) port. But it was a pretty fun game (I too played on 360). Also, you can punt Jawas, so: worth it.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Firmus_PiettFirmus_Piett Registered User regular
    Would just like to reiterate since it was buried a few days ago:
    Right, now that all the steam sale hullabaloo is over would someone kindly send me an invite to the PAGT group? I've nothing against gift sniping but I'd much rather letting everyone have a fair chance at getting gifts as opposed to only those on my friend list during the next sale.

camo_sig.png

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Wow, NOBODY has entered for the Portal pack? There's gotta be someone reading this that doesn't own both games. Doesn't there?

I suspect everyone has a copy of Portal, and nobody wants to deprive someone else of the opportunity to play Portal.

On an unrelated note, I've noticed that three games in my library (Star Ruler, X-Com and.. something else... have all been set to a status of 'Download paused' for a week or so now. I don't know what they think they were downloading, but I can't seem to unpause them - right clicking on the library, and on the pause button in the download monitor are both ineffective. ANyone run into anything similar?

I actually just got around to picking up Portal during the Summer Sale, as well as Half-Life. Also I was completely unaware there are like 9 different Half-Life games what order are they supposed to be played in?

Half-Life
    Half-Life 2

are opposing force/blue shift long/worth playing through? steam won't let me uninstall HL1 with those two installed

Yes, they're both worthwhile, though Opposing Force is the better of the two. Blue Shift was pretty short, if I remember right - it's been a few years.

Yeah. Also, I don't believe either one is considered canon in the Half-Life universe. Or at least not yet.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

Half-Life
    Half-Life 2

Yeah. Also, I don't believe either one is considered canon in the Half-Life universe. Or at least not yet.

In terms of seeing the primary storyline would I be ok then just going 1, 2, ep1, ep2?

• Options

Half-Life
    Half-Life 2

That's true - they are just skippable side-stories, in the end, set around the original Black Mesa incident. If you're only interested in the Gordon Freeman parts, you can just move on to HL2 without missing anything critical.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Hey guys

signature.png

DO IT

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    If someone gifts Bad Rats are they still classy?

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options

God, no.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    In case no one has mentioned it here, GreenManGaming changed Borderlands 2 back to $50. So with the 20% off coupon (if you don't have one and need one, I have a spare, but I believe there's an unlimited use one floating around in the BL2 thread) it comes out to $40. I had some credit there so I just picked it up for $35!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

We use the term Classholes.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Don't worry guys I fixed it

signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PurpleMonkeyPurpleMonkey Why so derp? Registered User regular
    Ys: Oath In Felghana is today's daily

Can someone describe it to me? What's the combat like? What does the trailer mean by no healing items? Is it the kind of game you need a controller for?

teddiepicture-1.jpg
    XBL, Steam & Tribes: elmartino333
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »

We use the term Classholes.

they know what they are!

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Kainy wrote: »
    kalia wrote: »

Wow, that's some goddamn class!

Indeed. Well done @Buster Blade!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Okay, it's time for round three of my Post Steam Sale Depression game giveaway extravaganza!

The theme for this batch of giveaways is Cult Classics, or "Those games that nobody bought but that have a devoted cadre of nerds who constantly recommend them at the drop of a hat and pine for sequels that will never happen":

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Lasts for one day, Penny Arcade group members only, don't be a mooch, stop signs, dick killing, closed fists, leaked trailers.

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    From experience I can tell you it isn't worth the 300 MB to install Bad Rats.

Isorn on
  • Options
    Lawndart wrote: »
    "Those games that nobody bought but that have a devoted cadre of nerds who constantly recommend them at the drop of a hat and pine for sequels that will never happen":

:( I do this for all 4 of these games.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Okay, it's time for round three of my Post Steam Sale Depression game giveaway extravaganza!

The theme for this batch of giveaways is Cult Classics, or "Those games that nobody bought but that have a devoted cadre of nerds who constantly recommend them at the drop of a hat and pine for sequels that will never happen":

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Lasts for one day, Penny Arcade group members only, don't be a mooch, stop signs, dick killing, closed fists, leaked trailers.

You forgot Dreamfall. =]

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Wow, just... whoa. Those ARE some classics. Required gaming material right there.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    classy giveaways @Lawndart

at this rate everyone here will own Jade Empire soon enough, I've given away 3 copies so far. It's good to see so much love for it here

rikdaly on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Time for fabulous prizes!

signature.png
    Goes to @Cpugeek13
    Except... you already own Bioshock 2. Bad monkey! That's gonna be a re-roll.

signature.png
    Goes to @ToyD

signature.png
    Goes to @DudemanX

signature.png
    Goes to @Junpei

signature.png
    Had no entries, so... I guess I'm gonna sit on it for a while. Apparently there's nobody left alive that doesn't own Portal 1. :)
    I will find a home for it, eventually. Oh yes.

Also, @Lawndart, I'm loving your themed giveaways. A tip of the top hat to you, sir.

testsubject23 on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    @TestSubject23 Thanks for the gift, my chest has never been hairier!

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    In terms of seeing the primary storyline would I be ok then just going 1, 2, ep1, ep2?

Half-Life 1 is a pretty good game but honestly you can totally skip it and read a brief summary of the plot if you don't want to delve into the 90s. Half-Life 2 is mostly its own beast with a little background from HL1. Summary of HL1 if you don't want to bother:
    You're a brilliant scientist whose MIT-educated skills are being utilized in this project is to push a trolley into another thing, WHOOPS BAD REACTION, explosion and who knows what. You look around and weird little alien things called headcrabs are skittered around, you grab a crowbar and you introduce yourself. You find a security guard named Barney, who is a cool dude, and then you fight through the facility trying to figure out what's up and how to stop it. Another weird enemy you fight is these dudes called vortigaunts, who are all wearing slave collars and are mindbondaged by the alien enemy. A portal to an alien planet called Xen opened up because of your trolley-pushin', and you try to launch a rocket per the advice of the non-push-things scientists and also the military comes and tries to cover up by killing everyone as they are wont to do, and eventually you go all the way through the portal to crazy platforming alien land and kill a big baby whose brainjuice was holding the portal open.

This creepy government-looking dude you've been seeing show up briefly up in inaccessible windows and corridors throughout the game talks real weird and congratulates you, then offers you a job. If you decline you get teleported into a room with infinite badass alien enemies and promptly die, if you accept you go into some kind of cryosleep without the cryo. And that's HL1.
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    In case no one has mentioned it here, GreenManGaming changed Borderlands 2 back to $50. So with the 20% off coupon (if you don't have one and need one, I have a spare, but I believe there's an unlimited use one floating around in the BL2 thread) it comes out to $40. I had some credit there so I just picked it up for $35!

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

[Jade Empire]
    [Vampire]

Lawndart you...you're a good person and this is a noble quest.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    Hey guys

signature.png

DO IT

Done and done. Tempted to Let's Play it.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    BL2 GMG get for $40 high five thread!

• Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    Time for fabulous prizes!

signature.png
    Goes to @Cpugeek13
    Except... you already own Bioshock 2. Bad monkey! That's gonna be a re-roll.

signature.png
    Goes to @ToyD

signature.png
    Goes to @DudemanX

signature.png
    Goes to @Junpei

signature.png
    Had no entries, so... I guess I'm gonna sit on it for a while. Apparently there's nobody left alive that doesn't own Portal 1. :)
    I will find a home for it, eventually. Oh yes.

Also, @Lawndart, I'm loving your themed giveaways. A tip of the top hat to you, sir

Oh sorry, I haven't played through the first game actually. Its alright though, its not like i'm at a lack of games to play lately anyway :-P

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I've got 2 of those GMG codes for 20% off anything if anyone wants them. They expire 7/31

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    Don't worry guys I fixed it

signature.png

You dirty regifter :v