As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]Taste the rainbow VERY SOON in the new thread.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    Yeah, Fort Aspenwood is the plan for release.

Though I'd put in a vote for Sanctum of Rall as an emergency backup because that story cures cancer.

I'll second the emotion of Sanctum as the backup.

Add me to the cadre of people frothing for the game. WaM, seriously, hugs to you guys for everything you've put into this. Some of my favorite material to consume leading up to launch has been the behind the scenes stuff. It warms the cockles of my heart to see all of those regular folks and how much they care about this game. I'm sure you have to be careful about over-sharing to protect the company and whatever, but any time you can share stuff like that about how excited you guys are, it's awesome.

• Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    So you can commandeer a tower or castle in WvW for a guild, right?

Does that mean that they could sort of function as something like guild halls/homes? Can we decide on a particular tower that will always be our home in WvW and defend/upgrade that on a daily basis?

Melkster on
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Melkster wrote: »

Does that mean that they could sort of function as something like guild halls/homes? Can we decide on a particular tower that will always be our home in WvW and defend/upgrade that on a daily basis?

In theory, yeah. You just have to make sure that the tower/castle doesn't get taken over by another faction. You kind of would have to balance whether to have it be on the frontlines (Eternal Battleground), or back in our home server shard area.

I do know that they're supposed to add Guild Halls at some point after release too. But it's probably not going to be in WvW or anything.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Melkster wrote: »

You can try to keep it defended.

No guarantee it'll work though.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    You can claim a supply camp (and upgrade a supply camp) as well.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    You can also buy benefits using influence that gives guild members a bonus when they are in a keep/tower controlled by said guild. They only last about 12 hours, but they can really help.

EDIT: It looks like these bonuses aren't restricted to just guild members, but to allies defending the fort as well.

TolerantZero on
    Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    abobalypse wrote: »
    Has any server been decided for PA people on EU?

Nothing was decided, but I'm inviting everyone to Gandara.
    We'll have a (probably) pretty big guild there. It's basically a group of Let's Players (Helloween, Kikoskia, Mangaminx and myself) with a combined subscriber base of 70000+ making a Guild for our friends and subs. So we expect quite a few members and every PAer is more than welcome to roll with us!
    I am only joining this guild if it's called "OH GOD BEES". Sub 4 Sub is a terrible name. :P

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    You know, for all the protestations Blizz makes about genuinely wanting new and unique games to come out that aren't just carbon-copies of WoW, they sure do their darndest to undermine every major new and unique game that comes out.

Not going to change the fact that I'm going to be there at midnight on the 25th, furiously spamming login. Just now I'll be doing it with the addition of spite.

Personally, I would've waited on patch 5.0, push it to September 4th. Give people a week to play their hearts out of GW2, then offer them an opportunity for a slight break from it by checking out all the new stuff in a freshly dropped 5.0. Slating it for the VERY RELEASE DAY of GW2 is just a tad aggressive, and all Blizzard is really doing by forcing that choice on me is driving me away from their product.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'm supporting the idea that it's to inconvenience potential jumpers of ship to GW2 as little as possible. They'll get the kinks ironed out whilst people play GW2 then have the pandas ready to welcome the relapsers back with open, bugless arms.

EDIT: that makes more sense now.

Huggles on
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I don't see the problem. Blizzard has gotta know their active logins are going to be lower than normal that day. It's a perfect day to patch. :)

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

We'll have a (probably) pretty big guild there. It's basically a group of Let's Players (Helloween, Kikoskia, Mangaminx and myself) with a combined subscriber base of 70000+ making a Guild for our friends and subs. So we expect quite a few members and every PAer is more than welcome to roll with us!
    I am only joining this guild if it's called "OH GOD BEES". Sub 4 Sub is a terrible name. :P

Guild name has not been decided yet, Sub 4 Sub was just a quick joke :P

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    You guys aren't doing a good job of ignoring this.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Al Baron wrote: »
    You guys aren't doing a good job of ignoring this.

Ignoring what?

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Ignoring WoW and pandas (as per the thread title).

Geod on
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    get that shit out of the title, looks fucking sad guys.

what's everyone's plan for the stress test today?

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, come on, guys/@corehealer. The thread title just invites a bunch of fan boy arguing. That's lame.

I love that combo field tool someone threw up earlier. Makes me love the system even more.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Fanboy arguing and yelling at people for daring to be negative in an MMO thread are the bricks and mortar of this subforum though.

It's like telling people in the industry thread not to go on a lolsony rant. Sometimes it's better to just ignore it and let it die out.

Though I don't know why the hell anyone gives a shit, 90% of people I know (personally) have every intention of buying this AND keeping their sub to WoW/swtor/hellokitty. And the other 10% don't play mmos. And I only play with ten people. Anywho, the only game I think this would really have an effect on was tera, and that already seems to be a non-issue.

• Options
    Geod wrote: »
    Ignoring WoW and pandas (as per the thread title).

Oh! That.

• Options
    So, for what I've gathered by reading, I could technically play two Engineers and they could both have potentially very different stories?

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    So, for what I've gathered by reading, I could technically play two Engineers and they could both have potentially very different stories?

Yes.

You could even play two asuran engineers and count on a potentially very different story.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Like I said, everyone is totally welcome in our guild but we are NOT the official EU PA guild.
    I don't know who manages that one but it's not me/us.

The official EU guild is the same as the NA guild as guilds are cross server.

Official NA server is currently Fort Aspenwood (I have some reservations about it)
    Official EU server is TBD (get on it slackers!)

Draygo on
  • Options
    Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    Well we were saying desolation but we don't care. Let's go to gandara as well. That's my vote.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Why would there be reservations about Fort Aspenwood? What is there to be picky about here?

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Frei wrote: »
    Why would there be reservations about Fort Aspenwood? What is there to be picky about here?

Guild Wars 2 macht frei!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options

Guild Wars 2 macht frei!

MY NAME IS NOT A NAZI SLOGAN

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    It is now <Activates time machine>

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »

Yes.

You could even play two asuran engineers and count on a potentially very different story.

At the start.

I believe all storylines converge towards the end, but no one is sure how much and some choices you make will still effect the story.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Detharin wrote: »
    It is now <Activates time machine>

Today's date: August 25th, 2011

Only 374 more days to go!

TolerantZero on
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular

for one

reddit

for two

reddit

• Options

Guild Wars 2 macht frei!

MY NAME IS NOT A NAZI SLOGAN

I love how it actually rhymes :3

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    DetharinDetharin Registered User regular

Today's date: August 25th, 2011

Only 374 more days to go!

FFFUUUUUUUUUU

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Ender wrote: »

for one

reddit

for two

reddit

Where did you get the idea they have anything to do with FA?

They were originally on Darkhaven. They just completed a poll making Isle of Janthir and Gate of Madness their primary 2 servers. Which those who do not like the decision are free to roam, there is no way to make SURE no redditors are on the server we choose, because even so some redditors don't consider themselves a part of that community and could be anywhere.

As should be obvious, because there are at least two of us who use reddit regularly.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular

There's a test today?

What twitter do I follow for announcements like this?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    From a cursory check it doesn't look like Fort Aspenwood was even a a contender in the top choices for the official Reddit server.. so uh..

Probably not an issue in that regard.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

The stories are based on race and every race has three major variants on their stories.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

My favorite non-NICE guild name I saw in BWE3 was "OMG A PONY".

26904.png
  • Options
    I'm probably going to play some more sPvP as my asuran warrior. Might also do some keg brawling.

• Options
    Dac wrote: »

There's a test today?

Is the test for pre-orderers? Or just folks who have been in the previous betas? I just pre-ordered a couple days ago :)

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

The stories are based on race and every race has three major variants on their stories.

reading up on the lore, i kind of figered out that all stories will end up at "time to slay the dragon!"

• Options
    Dac wrote: »

There's a test today?

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2

Any stress tests they announce end up going on the front page of the wiki as well.

This discussion has been closed.