As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]Taste the rainbow VERY SOON in the new thread.

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    Frei wrote: »
    get that shit out of the title, looks fucking sad guys.

what's everyone's plan for the stress test today?

There's a test today?

What twitter do I follow for announcements like this?

Is the test for pre-orderers? Or just folks who have been in the previous betas? I just pre-ordered a couple days ago :)

For pre-purchasers.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Remind me again: how do name reservations from GW1 work?

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    So, for what I've gathered by reading, I could technically play two Engineers and they could both have potentially very different stories?

The stories are based on race and every race has three major variants on their stories.

Also, each class could be spec'd differently enough that playing the class as a different race, with a different spec would be/feel different enough to make it not feel like you're slogging through the motions of the game.

I ask this because I tend to get alt-itis when I play MMO's :)

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Only names that were taken by July 31st are reserved, and they're only reserved from the 25th to the 28th.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular

If you signed into GW1 prior to July 31st, your character's names would be reserved for GW2.

These names will be available for the headstart access, up to the 28th when the game goes live. If you don't use the names during this time, they'll be un-reserved the day after on the 29th.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    Voro wrote: »

Only names that were taken by July 31st are reserved, and they're only reserved from the 25th to the 28th.

and apparently you can't reserve one word names so if you want one of those it's first come first serve - who will get Charrlie?

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Louie wrote: »
    Voro wrote: »

and apparently you can't reserve one word names so if you want one of those it's first come first serve - who will get Charrlie?

The person with the fastest fingers. Or an ArenaNet dev.

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Where did you get the idea they have anything to do with FA?

They were originally on Darkhaven. They just completed a poll making Isle of Janthir and Gate of Madness their primary 2 servers. Which those who do not like the decision are free to roam, there is no way to make SURE no redditors are on the server we choose, because even so some redditors don't consider themselves a part of that community and could be anywhere.

As should be obvious, because there are at least two of us who use reddit regularly.
    I'm on reddit regularly constantly, I'm not a monster I think?! I hope?! Once you make an account and get the %^& away from the default subreddits, it gets much better.
    WE JUST REALLY LIKE CATS AND ASTROPHYSICISTS, OK?!

I spent the last stress test playing dress-up preview in the Mists, I think this one I'm going to try to hunt down another zone boss. Or maybe I'll save those for live and try some pvp on a Necro. Or I'm going to end up playing with the character creator for another 2 hours.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I'll be spending the couple hours of time between when I get home and when the stress test ends in the character editor :P

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Not sure which direction to go with this considering the current conversation, but...

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/49745-the-wow-tombstone/

Sorry its a guru link, but the post is quite significant.

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Doesn't GW have quite a history of referencing other stuff? I'm pretty sure this would have been included long before Blizzard dated the patch.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    reVerse wrote: »
    So, for what I've gathered by reading, I could technically play two Engineers and they could both have potentially very different stories?

The stories are based on race and every race has three major variants on their stories.

There's actually more variation than that.

One of the questions asked during your character creation will determine the story thread you see from level 1 to 10. A different question will determine the thread you see from level 10 to 20. So before you reach level 20 there are potentially nine different story combinations, possible (for each race).

We, never seen it, but at level 20, all of the personal stories lead to Lion's Arch and introduces the "big bad" (ie the dragon). It's unknown how much variation there will be in these threads, but based on the polish we've seen in the level 1 to 20 story content, it's a safe bet to assume that they will include threads from every player's prior two story selections in this wrapup. Lion Arch will introduce the three major player factions: The Drumand Priory, The Order of Whispers and The Vigil. The player will join one of these three factions and their PvE path will go in one of three different directions.

Past Lion's Arch, each player's story will be primarily driven by the faction choice, but might incorporate the elements from their prior selections. There may be other choices which also affect the story path. At level 80, the stories converge once again in Orr, launching the "Big Battle" with Zhaitan.

I've heard rumours that there are something like 200 different story paths that a player can potenatially take between level 1 and level 80.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    Don't forget that you can actually make different decisions in the actual personal story too!
    My Norn warrior at lvl 8 could choose to either kill a Griffon or ask the spirits for guidance.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    One thing I noticed is that the charm/dignity/ferocity affects what your character says to NPCs after interacting with them.

Just thought that was kind of cool.

• Options
    Huggles wrote: »
    One thing I noticed is that the charm/dignity/ferocity affects what your character says to NPCs after interacting with them.

Just thought that was kind of cool.

Oh yeah there is that too! I actually replayed the human story and at one part with my charm character, I could use charm to just get past a guy but my ferocity warrior had to fight him D:

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I am looking forward to seeing how much was put into what affects those three choices have on the little things.

Because I like those kinds of little things, as long as its done right.

• Options
    I like how there are different names for your personality type past the default charm/dignity/ferocity.

For example, if you're at 100% dignity, you're known as "Noble", but if you have 50% dignity and 50% ferocity you're "Militant".

• Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    So anyone know if there will be a pdf manual for those of us who prepurchased?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Test is in 20 minutes, right?

• Options
    DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    Ok so what is the best way to test builds with a new character? Is there a way to level up quickly to do some WvW or am i stuck with SPVP to get access to everything?

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Detharin wrote: »
    Ok so what is the best way to test builds with a new character? Is there a way to level up quickly to do some WvW or am i stuck with SPVP to get access to everything?

The latter. No quick way to level up for WvW..

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I really wish you guys would update the subject to remove the Blizzard patch reference. I don't really think that's the sort of conversation worth having, regardless of their intent or timing.

• Options
    corehealer is the only one who can do that and he has a tendency to not be around during the day which could most likely be attributed to work.

I am sure he will change it once he sees the numerous responses.

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Entriech wrote: »
    I really wish you guys would update the subject to remove the Blizzard patch reference. I don't really think that's the sort of conversation worth having, regardless of their intent or timing.

@Corehealer is probably at work, so he can only deal with it when he gets home.

• Options
    Dirty DrawersDirty Drawers Lord of the undie world Registered User regular
    Damn it. I forgot I had my clock set to 5 minutes ahead and got my hopes up 5 minutes too early.

Fools shall not be pitied.
  • Options
    And it's on.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    God dammit stop changing my thief traits aaaaaah

<3

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Well, I am at work for half of the stress test but I am going to be around for the last hour to do some spvp build testing(sword/sword/greatsword clone factory!)

Anyone want to let me know if Mesmer traits have been updated?

• Options
    And I just got booted and can't get back on.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Shit got stressed.

edit: Exiting the client entirely and then logging back in through the launcher as a possible solution.

reVerse on
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Detharin wrote: »

Well, the game does scale you up to level 80 for WvW, and that equalizes thing pretty decently. But "real" levels do have an effect, so someone who is level 30 (scaled to 80) will be more powerful than someone who is level 5 (scaled to 80). Not like night-and-day more powerful, but definitely advantageous. In a nutshell, it boils down to the higher level character having access to additional abilities and traits that a lower level character wont.

26904.png
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Ender wrote: »
    Why would there be reservations about Fort Aspenwood? What is there to be picky about here?

for one

reddit

for two

reddit

Where did you get the idea they have anything to do with FA?

They were originally on Darkhaven. They just completed a poll making Isle of Janthir and Gate of Madness their primary 2 servers. Which those who do not like the decision are free to roam, there is no way to make SURE no redditors are on the server we choose, because even so some redditors don't consider themselves a part of that community and could be anywhere.

As should be obvious, because there are at least two of us who use reddit regularly.

GOD

it was a

JOKE

(mostly)

I'm actually on reddit
    I'M A MOOOOONSTER!
    :P

Ender on
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Why would there be reservations about Fort Aspenwood? What is there to be picky about here?

My reservations are entirely based on how fast I think Fort Aspenwood will get to 'full' status.

• Options
    So there's this interesting bug I found during one of the previous stress tests, but I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it. Sometimes, as an asura, my character would lose his neck for a few seconds as he makes sudden movements. Thought it was pretty funny the first time I saw it, but I'm not sure if this happens to anyone else. For comparison:

http://i.imgur.com/wLnOf.jpg neck

http://i.imgur.com/GHAXO.png no neck

Please disregard the flaming booger in the second shot.

• Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    Asura are incredibly silly looking.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Draygo wrote: »

My reservations are entirely based on how fast I think Fort Aspenwood will get to 'full' status.

Here's the problem. We don't kn ow how much they've limited the capacity of the servers to insure distribution.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Annnnnd mesmers got traits worked on.

Great, now my chair is squishy.
    :winky:

EDIT: Still need a lot more work and stuff, but dear god the new Harmonious Mantras is sexy

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Well! Didn't think I was going to make it home, but then I was able to weigh all my larvae waaaaayyyy faster than I thought (because most died :( )

so now I am installing the last bit of the patch, and then I get to stress test for an hour or so while the dung for my adult beetles defrosts
    I am an entomologist, not just a crazy person fyi

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Draygo wrote: »

Here's the problem. We don't kn ow how much they've limited the capacity of the servers to insure distribution.

I'm actually seriously concerned about this. In another MMO if the PA server was full, you could make an alt somewhere, play, then when your preferred server opened you could just roll there. In this case, if someone logs in two days late and wants to join PA, they might have to wait till 2am to be able to roll with us. Are they going to be willing to just not play for a full day after buying the game to be on our server?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Caedere wrote: »
    Annnnnd mesmers got traits worked on.

Great, now my chair is squishy.
    :winky:

EDIT: Still need a lot more work and stuff, but dear god the new Harmonious Mantras is sexy

Care to list some of the changes?

This discussion has been closed.