As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Selling your soul for fun & profit! A narrative Chaos Wastes campaign, always recruiting.

• Options
    BelfastBelfast Penguins PenguinsRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Anyone here have the ability and interest to draw a Dark Elf Wizard with a Crown of Thumbs and a goats leg? I'd love to see an artists impression of that.

I tried but it looked like something Napoleon Dynamite would draw, with willies on.

My rolls:

Bestial Face - 13 or 14
    Extra Joints - 3 (I assumed that rolling more than once was futile as I'd only pick the biggest number anyway, so to make it fairer/more random, I did one roll)
    Chaos Lord - 17 (1,1,1,1,1,2,1,2,1,1,1,2,1,1,1) -7 (1,2,4) - 15 (2,3,3,3,2,2). I didn't know what to do so I did them separate like.

aka "Mr Gold-in-Bean-Field"
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Hehe looks like Jam Warrior gets his way, a crown of thumbs does look a lot like a crown of dicks

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Was there any doubt it wouldn't?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Welcoming any challengers. Come one, come all, come get some!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    YYYeeeeesssss. Photoshop Hacks for the Photoshop Hack God! Right then, catching up to do. This game takes takes up a significant chunk of my spare time at the moment! The sacrifices I make for you all. So you can make sacrifices to profane powers.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I think Jam only allows two fights to take place simultaneously, since he has a busy schedule. So far, these 2 fights are active at the moment:

Farangu vs Prime

DexDynamo vs Matev

tl;dr Khorne version: Get in line Heretic! You'll get your a'whoopin' soon...

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

You're not ready yet! You don't even know the results of your new rewards!

Which are:

Chaos Gift - Daemonic Steed
    The Champion is gifted with a Daemonic Steed to ride in to battle. I'm going to make the wild guess that you're going to take the option for a Juggernaught like this dude is riding rather than a spooky horse.

Juggernauts (also known as the Feet of Khorne, Blights of Khorne or Juggers) are the steeds of Khorne. They are massive Daemons of Chaos cloaked in sheets of steel and brass instead of flesh. Half-daemon, half-enchanted steel and sinew they stand taller than a man with blood of liquid fire. Juggernauts are ridden into battle by powerful mortal and daemonic minions of Khorne, for only those possessed of exceptional willpower can hope to cotnrol such a raging beast. They are also creatures that pull the 'Blood Chariots of Khorne' into battle. Juggernauts, simply put, are pure killing machines with little intelligence, just the raw instinct of combat.

M7 WS3 BS- S5 T5 W3 I2 A2 Ld10 Int2 Cl10 WP10

And you Beastmen gain a Horrible Stench:
    Members of the unit are tainted with a terrible stench and many smell appalling. All within D12 yards of the unit are subject to a -1 penalty to hit. The unti is used to its own peculiar and unpleasant smell and is immune to the effect.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I coulda told you my beastmen smell pretty bad. As a Dwarf I'm relieved to be spared the embarrassment of being forced to ride a Chaos Pony.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    @Belfast No double rolls here, just taking the first for each result. As we're becoming a powerful Daemon lord, these are just flavours rather than the specific rules of the mutations.

Magic Immune
    Does what it says on the tin. Auto pass any magic save. Gives a save on normally unsavable magics. Magic weapons count as mundane against you.

Breathes Fire
    He like breathes fire and stuff.

Silly Voice
    How silly? You choose!

Bestial Face
    I'll give you the choice on this one. Rabbit or Rat.

Extra Joints
    Extra elbows in his arms. Adds to initiative.

Head Crest
    A bird like wattle, a reptilian membrane, a row of close set spikes, or something else?

Silly Walk
    How silly? You choose!

Hunchback
    Hunched back. Back has a hunch. Hunch. The word has lost all meaning.

Chaos Lord
    The big one. You actually rolled pretty bad as I was looking for a 2 on the D2s to get the rewards. All you did get was some moderate stat boosts BS(1) T(1) and Ld (2)

So a couple of aesthetic choices to make and we'll move on to the next steps of the flow chart. This one is going to be the serious photoshop challenge!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Aaaand the fight. @Prime @Farangu

- Given the two strategies put forth here and here I'm giving Crom an awesome and Chaotic plan bonus of +3. The sneaky beastman idea is nice but I don't think a bow and arrow is going to hurt Crom's tank like T.

- Mokol has a picture up on Obsidian whereas his opponent doesn't. +2

- Mokol has numbers on his side. +1

So we end up at evens for the bonuses. Let's see those rolls.

Crom 15 - 4 Mokol

A resounding victory for Crom!

Injuries:
    Mokol and one beastman flattened.
    Other beastman has a 50% chance of injury as he might be able to run away given his initial movement away from the battle to try and sneak.
    Dungnab has a 25% chance of injury in Crom's reckless attack.

D100s for any injuries.

Crom gets 5 XP for the win.
    Mokol gets 3 XP for the lose.

Remember you can get that bonus XP for a good battle report! Winner reports first.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    There should be bonus points for anyone who fights Crom and works in a reference to Conan.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    There should be bonus points for anyone who fights Crom and works in a reference to Conan.

Did you see my challenge of him and his response?

Also, as always, cursed dice follow me.

• Options
    Is the sneaky Beastman injured? (1 = no, 2 = yes) No.

My follower's injury: 40

My injury: 49

• Options
    Both merely knocked unconscious, no permanent injury.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Waiting for the start of my fight....

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Oops, sorry missed that one. You'll have to wait a little longer now! The Chaos Gods are away for the weekend.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    @Prime Go ahead and spin a wonderful tale of how you creamed me in the face.

• Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Ok so battle report.
    Farangu wrote: »
    @Prime Go ahead and spin a wonderful tale of how you creamed me in the face.

Planned to at the weekend, events dragged me away. I'll have it up by this evening (UK time).

Edit: Make that tonight (tue), works being an arse. 85% written up though.

Prime on
  • Options
    Small hiatus, The Chaos Powers have an optimistic job interview this week and need to put in some prep time.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Couldnt put as much time in it as I wanted but I thought I had better just get something down. Would love to send work and deadlines to the chaos waste!

Dust flew and rubble followed at his feet as Crom charged down the craters edge. He saw the beastmen scatter trying to flank him, Crom cared not! All focus was on the warrior of chaos before him. As he reached peak momentum he leaped high into the air, bellowing with rage. Shocked momentarily by Croms sheer boldness, Mokol faltered. The massive bulk of Crom crashed into him with a sickening thud, bowling the chaos warrior off his feet.

Now standing tall above his foe (well tall for a dwarf), Crom took a mighty breath. The infernal flames gathered in his gut and he let forth a torrent of flame. Spewing out from his mouth the white hot magical flames covered Mokol in fiery doom. His screams of agony could be heard throughout the chaos wastelands as his skin blistered and his blood boiled. Satisfied that the warrior would be incapacitated, he wiped his mouth and with an evil grin, turned his attention to the beastmen who had been taking pot shots with arrows, each arrow that hit only enraging Crom more.

Grabbing his weapon in one hand and picking up Dungnabs with the other he unleashed a whirlwind of blows, slashes left and right he carved his way through the beastmens flesh. Already shaken from watching their master flash cooked, didn’t take long for them to flee with Mokols charred body, in an attempt to carry him away and tend to his wounds.
    Crom began to chase after them, to finish what was started but a thick, heavy mist rose up from the cracks in the parched earth, as he got closer to Mokol the mist got thicker, physically restraining him from giving chase. Crom looked up and cursed the sky, this was clearly Slaanesh giving his champion a second chance at life. His bloodlust would have to be satisfied another day. With a grunt, he turned around and walked away.

Dungnab looked up at his boss with wide eyes as he walked back towards him, Crom sighed and threw Dungnabs weapon at him, landing between his legs cutting his bindings. Just as he got back to his feet he was sent straight back to the ground with a mighty head butt and a scowl. He wouldn’t make the mistake of being captured again.

• Options
    Did you roll to see if dungnab is injured?

• Options
    Did you roll to see if dungnab is injured?

No I missed that, heres the roll: 1 .....thats a yes he is then, stupid orc :P

• Options
    The boys are getting antsy, they're starting to look into the benefits of polka-raiding.....

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    @Prime I think that's a d100 to see if any serious harm has befallen your follower.

As for the report...

Mokol waited at the crater. All was ready: The beastmen understood the plan(at least, they gave the appearance of knowing the plan), the orc was behaving like a good captive, begging to be rescued. All to do now was wait. And he did not have long, for within a matter of minutes, Krom came over the lip of the pock-marked earth.

"Well, it seems you can follow directions after all. Would you like a glass of this wine? I put some poison in it, I heard that you like that sort of thing." With this, Krom walked over the lip of the crater. Mokol smiled, and continued. "Good. Would you care to start begging for this one's life?" he said as he gestured towards Dungnab. At this, Krom broke into a run.

"Well, there's no rush-" was all Mokol could get before, with a supernatural burst of speed, Krom ran right over the chair set out for him and slammed his shoulder into Mokol's stomach. The pain was excruciatingly delightful, but even so, it stunned Mokol. "Well...it seems our discussion won't be as long as...wait, what's that smell?"

And then he was on fire. Mokol had to admit that this was an event he did not give a very large chance of happening.

"AAAAAAAHHAHAHHAOAOAOAHHAHTOHOTOHHTOOHOT!" His intestines were on fire. His skin began welting and blistering. Mokol was at a loss for what to do. He had great experience at fighting the mundane (if a half-man, half-rat could be considered mundane), but a super-speedy dwarf that breathed fire was a new twist for him. As the flames ceased, Mokol was in too much pain to move. It was at this point that the beastmen actually took the two firing brain cells in their heads and smashed them together hard enough to improvise. As Krom stood over Mokol, readying the final blow, the beastmen swooped in and picked up the dwarf, minding his hands of course, and began carrying him to safety. Their hind legs moved even faster than normal, as if lent the speed of another entity. Then, with his last vestige of consciousness, he turned back to the site of his defeat, and saw a most inspiring sight.

He saw the most grotesque woman he had ever seen. Purple skin, insectoid eyes, many flailing appendages in the shape of tentacles emerging from her sides. She also had eight breasts that covered her abdominal muscles. She stabbed Dungnab in the side, and then turned to face the retreating dwarf.

"...Do you want to live forever? If so, this was a poor start."

And then she vanished, and Mokol slipped into unconsciousness soon after.

• Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    Wonder if @Lawinator is still playing?

Haven't seen him posting for a while here in this thread.

Regardless, Agnus is ready for another fight...

• Options
    It's gone a little quiet mainly due to me abandoning things in favour of a busy real life week. However that is done and now (when I get home from work) starts compensation mega action week!

Then I go on holiday for a fortnight.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    @Prime I think that's a d100 to see if any serious harm has befallen your follower.

Roll just incase: 16

Prime on
  • Options
    Okay. Working backwards up the thread...

@Prime , a 16 is no injury, all is well long term. Also I've finally added you to to Obsidian! Nice battle report gives +2 XP leaving you at 7.

@Farangu , I'm not quite sure what happened there, but I like it! Also +2 XP to give a total of 5.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    @DaMoonRulz Please edit your obsidian page with details of your rewards before your next fight. Just copy paste will do but I'll be forever at this if I need to manually do everyone myself.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    @Belfast, waiting on a few choices in the post on this page re: mutation results.

@Lawinator Still awaiting you joining Obsidian to update your hobbling minions.

@El Skid Obsidian page ownership is now yours.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    @Matev, @DexDynamo

And finally! Thanks for your patience, it's time for Hrambus Vs Nephem.

Scenario: Robbery

Your band spot a caravan travelling along the borders of the wastes. Some poor merchant was foolish enough to think he could ply some trade amongst the barbarians of the North and has gone hideously off track. Now the wastes themselves confound his attempts to flee and no matter which direction he turns he seems to end up heading deeper into the twisted lands.

As he moves into a narrow pass you make ready to raid him and plunder his goods, but as a rival band appears at the opposite end of the pass with the same intention, things may get a bit more complicated. Directly between the two bands, the merchant is trapped.

Battle plans (spoilered if desired) and spoilered D20 dice rolls please.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    More fights! More challenges!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Someone stumble into my camp, I dare ye!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I am TheLawinator, none of those tags go through!

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I begin by distracting the warband by sending Gobbler through the skies to catch their attention, peck and bite at them as need be, and keep them in a wild goose--or owl--chase. Meanwhile, I shall hide myself ahead of the caravan, keeping watch over the area, laying low, and waiting until he approaches to release a cloud of toxic gas at anyone who dares come downwind of my wrath.

Chaos Wastes Roll: 1d20 4

Motherfucker

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Yuck, its all sexpots and VDs...

Tzeentch! Bestow your gifts upon my form so that I may sow TRUE CHAOS in your name!
    So hoping this is my Magic Item :P
    Golden-Apple-of-Discord.jpg

Race and Profile
    97 and 75

Pick a Chaos Power
    Tzeentch

Starting Magic Item

Number of Mutations (due to Tzeentch)

Type of Mutations
    551 and 194

Starting Retinue

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Ooh, books are at home but I know that 97 on the races table is going to be something a bit more unusual and exciting. You might need to roll another follow up d100 for that one.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Im struggling to find out how to take control of Crom on Obsidian, ive accepted the invite but cant edit or do anything to Croms page.

• Options
    I needed to hand over ownership to you, which I have now done.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    many thanks, picture added, and the "The Journey of Crom" has been started.