Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PRIME] Omeganauts report in! Omegarounds listed in the OP

245

Posts

  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    tsrblke wrote: »
    My phone starting ringing in the middle of a meeting, I pulled it out and....it was the lender for my Mortgage (the wife and I are buying our first house right now.)
    So..erg...I guess that's actually kinda more important than the Omeganaut thing. But yeah, nothing. And a bit disappointing. I mean we swing from "Childish glee!" to "Adult life crap" in one caller ID.

    I can pretty much assure that my wife didn't get a call because of the fact that a) she put her work number and b) someone else is occupying her desk during her business trip and c) she's more or less unreachable during the day during said business trip (she's way back in some server closet where phones don't go.)
    Oh and d) she hasn't called me yet :P.

    Oh wellz, there's likely not next year (personal reasons not likely to make PAX), but I'll still have fun at my second PAX.

    Don't worry, it's only your 2nd PAX. Plenty of time to get selected. It took me 8 PAXs before I got picked.

    AN9buWz.png
  • IrishAssassinO1IrishAssassinO1 Registered User
    edited July 2012
    Blast!!! My cell rang the other day at work, but I can't take calls while on the clock. And it was a 360 area code number. Argh!!!!!!!!!!

    Ahh...not so bummed then. Thanks.

    IrishAssassinO1 on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    That was probably cruise ship spam. I got that one this morning too (and finally got around to blocking the number). It's a portland number that starts out with a ships horn, then "this is your captain speaking". Omeganaut calls went out only today, and come from a blocked "unknown number".

    E6LkoFK.png

  • tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    tsrblke wrote: »
    My phone starting ringing in the middle of a meeting, I pulled it out and....it was the lender for my Mortgage (the wife and I are buying our first house right now.)
    So..erg...I guess that's actually kinda more important than the Omeganaut thing. But yeah, nothing. And a bit disappointing. I mean we swing from "Childish glee!" to "Adult life crap" in one caller ID.

    I can pretty much assure that my wife didn't get a call because of the fact that a) she put her work number and b) someone else is occupying her desk during her business trip and c) she's more or less unreachable during the day during said business trip (she's way back in some server closet where phones don't go.)
    Oh and d) she hasn't called me yet :P.

    Oh wellz, there's likely not next year (personal reasons not likely to make PAX), but I'll still have fun at my second PAX.

    Don't worry, it's only your 2nd PAX. Plenty of time to get selected. It took me 8 PAXs before I got picked.

    Eh? I more think it's funny because I did a call just a boring "adult" call (I don't wanna grow up.) at exactly the right time (in between when this was posted and updated to show they were all done calling.)
    This is actually a bit of a theme. My wife's switchboard blocks caller ID and last year I got a call from her at this time too, "Unknown" I picked up "Hello?!...Oh, it's you." Needless to say, that don't make your wife happy.
    My wife does plan to see if there were any calls at her work when she gets back in on monday. Mostly to see if she managed to confuse her desk squatter (which is really just our goal.)

  • sethtbsethtb Registered User
    I'm in! I got the call at work and I've been almost completely unable to concentrate since then. Also only my 2nd PAX ever after PAX East this spring!

    I've been refreshing my email for the last few hours waiting for the "more details" that were promised :) I've had some issues before with my email not being transcribed correctly over the phone - is there any way to double check that my correct email address is on file?

  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    sethtb wrote: »
    I'm in! I got the call at work and I've been almost completely unable to concentrate since then. Also only my 2nd PAX ever after PAX East this spring!

    I've been refreshing my email for the last few hours waiting for the "more details" that were promised :) I've had some issues before with my email not being transcribed correctly over the phone - is there any way to double check that my correct email address is on file?

    You can log into your account on the registration site, bottom right corner.

  • sethtbsethtb Registered User
    SkeleVader wrote: »

    You can log into your account on the registration site, bottom right corner.

    Thanks! Now to continue F5ing for that email...

  • Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    sethtb wrote: »
    I'm in! I got the call at work and I've been almost completely unable to concentrate since then. Also only my 2nd PAX ever after PAX East this spring!

    I've been refreshing my email for the last few hours waiting for the "more details" that were promised :) I've had some issues before with my email not being transcribed correctly over the phone - is there any way to double check that my correct email address is on file?

    If Gabe hadn't asked me to verify my e-mail address I'd be having fits about it, too!

    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

    http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • starskizzlestarskizzle 2012 Prime Omeganaut Registered User new member
    I still think my friends are punking me, but i got a call from "Gabe" saying I'm in the Omegathon.

  • Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Congrats to those who are in!

    This space for rent
  • vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Congratulations and good luck! It's pretty epic and lots of fun. :D

    ufq9gj8383nh.png

  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    DuelLadyS wrote: »
    Holy crap- I'm in. I'm kinda freakin' out now.

    I'll have to train... Time to bust out the board games and fire up the PC! :D

    As the only Runner who has been chosen, you are now the fan favourite. And by fan favourite I mean "PayneTrayne approved".

    PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • DuelLadySDuelLadyS Registered User regular
    As the only Runner who has been chosen, you are now the fan favourite. And by fan favourite I mean "PayneTrayne approved".

    I'm kinda glad 2/3 of my planned PAX attire is LRR T-shirts. Represent!

  • Fo0dNippl3Fo0dNippl3 Registered User regular
    I'm an Omeganaut!!!!!!!!

    sigdl.jpg
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    @edgeofblade
    @Mystral721
    @LTAcosta
    @DuelLadyS
    @Cometraider
    @Shade
    @geardrops
    @sethtb
    @Fo0dNippl3
    @starskizzle

    I'm going to set up an omeganaut twitter list (like previous years) here: http://twitter.com/paxcommunity/pax-prime-2012-omeganauts

    Please post your twitter handle if you'd like to be included.

    Also, new Omegas reporting in, please post your twitter handle :)

  • starskizzlestarskizzle 2012 Prime Omeganaut Registered User new member
    zerzhul wrote: »
    @starskizzle

    Also, new Omegas reporting in, please post your twitter handle :)

    twitter is also @starskizzle
    https://twitter.com/Starskizzle

  • DuelLadySDuelLadyS Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

    I'm going to set up an omeganaut twitter list (like previous years) here: http://twitter.com/paxcommunity/pax-prime-2012-omeganauts

    Please post your twitter handle if you'd like to be included.

    Also, new Omegas reporting in, please post your twitter handle :)

    Twitter is 'HoshiChiri'
    https://twitter.com/HoshiChiri

    I'm one of those weirdos with more than one name floating 'round the net.

  • Fo0dNippl3Fo0dNippl3 Registered User regular
    Twitter is Fo0dNippl3.

    sigdl.jpg
  • sethtbsethtb Registered User
    Mine is sethtbooth

  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Mine is LTAcosta, but but you know that that already

    AN9buWz.png
  • beyondcelerybeyondcelery Registered User regular
    I'm still in shock; I'm an omeganaut!
    @beyondcelery <-- Twitter

  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    DuelLadyS wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »

    I'm going to set up an omeganaut twitter list (like previous years) here: http://twitter.com/paxcommunity/pax-prime-2012-omeganauts

    Please post your twitter handle if you'd like to be included.

    Also, new Omegas reporting in, please post your twitter handle :)

    Twitter is 'HoshiChiri'
    https://twitter.com/HoshiChiri

    I'm one of those weirdos with more than one name floating 'round the net.

    twitter is

    @cannoncore

    https://twitter.com/Cannoncore

    EDIT: has anyone gotten an email yet? so far no email for me >.>

    maybe I did imagine it O.o

    Shade on
    I make weird crap and put it on the internet!
    youtube.com/user/justamusingmyself

    http://steamcommunity.com/id/cannoncore
  • geardropsgeardrops Registered User
    My twitter is geardrops :)

    I haven't gotten my email yet either, and Gabe confirmed my address over the phone, so... they are not out yet? I hope? Maybe?

  • sethtbsethtb Registered User
    Shade wrote: »
    EDIT: has anyone gotten an email yet? so far no email for me >.>

    maybe I did imagine it O.o

    geardrops wrote: »
    I haven't gotten my email yet either, and Gabe confirmed my address over the phone, so... they are not out yet? I hope? Maybe?

    I haven't received an email either - hopefully you're right geardrops


  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Omeganaut twitter list updated!

  • beyondcelerybeyondcelery Registered User regular
    No email yet for me, either, and I've been hitting refresh all day. It *is* Friday. Maybe they'll email by Monday? The suspense is killing me...

  • edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Hey, I just got a call from Arngeir. I'm the Dragonborn!

    ...geez, what's going to happen tomorrow???

    6YJGH2V.png
  • DuelLadySDuelLadyS Registered User regular
    No email here as well... Glad I'm not the only one getting paranoid about it :)

  • sethtbsethtb Registered User
    And there it is!

    So... cash or trip?

    for me it's the cash :)

  • DuelLadySDuelLadyS Registered User regular
    sethtb wrote: »
    And there it is!

    So... cash or trip?

    for me it's the cash :)

    All about the TRIP! I would love to go to Japan, I've wanted to for years!

  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I don't know what I would want... The trip sounds fun, but the cash would be nice too...

    AN9buWz.png
  • beyondcelerybeyondcelery Registered User regular
    Cash eventually gets spent. A trip to Japan stays with you forever. I'd go to Japan!

  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Is the trip for two?

    I make weird crap and put it on the internet!
    youtube.com/user/justamusingmyself

    http://steamcommunity.com/id/cannoncore
  • geeeeoffffgeeeeoffff Registered User
    Shade wrote: »
    Is the trip for two?

    The trip is for two.

    I got the email so I guess it's official. I'm an Omeganaut this year :-)

    Twitter is @geeeeoffff I will probably only start posting closer to the event.

    Also, I heard Omeganauts get some sort of special badge. Does that mean I can give my 3-day to a friend who missed the deadline to buy passes?

    GD on paforums
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Shade wrote: »
    Is the trip for two?
    I was also curious about that because it never actually said for two, but it did have 'each' in there, which threw me off.

    AN9buWz.png
  • Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    geeeeoffff wrote: »
    Shade wrote: »
    Is the trip for two?

    The trip is for two.

    I got the email so I guess it's official. I'm an Omeganaut this year :-)

    Twitter is @geeeeoffff I will probably only start posting closer to the event.

    Also, I heard Omeganauts get some sort of special badge. Does that mean I can give my 3-day to a friend who missed the deadline to buy passes?

    I asked and was told that I'd need my badge. I'd promised mine to a friend too, since I was going to enforce.

    Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

    http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Chief Mixologist of the Shatterdome Tiki Bar Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I asked SmallLady and she said that I'd need my badge. I'd promised mine to a friend too, since I was going to enforce.
    Robert Khoo will give you dirty looks if you don't bring a badge/forget it at home.
    I'm sorry Robert <3

    I was an Omeganaut in 2010. Ask me anything.

    TOGSolid on
  • CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    TOGSolid wrote: »

    I was an Omeganaut in 2010. Ask me anything.

    did all the girls swoon as you walked by? ;)

    Crogoth on
  • redhaloredhalo Registered User
    Crogoth wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »

    I was an Omeganaut in 2010. Ask me anything.

    did all the girls swoon as you walked by? ;)

    I did.

  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Chief Mixologist of the Shatterdome Tiki Bar Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    The girls were all scared off by my STALKER: Clear Sky costume during PAX. I can't possibly fathom why.

    I plead the fifth about the TWDT. Insert obvious alcohol related joke here.

This discussion has been closed.