As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft 2] THIS THREAD IS OVER. POST IN THE NEW ONE PEOPLE!

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    wtb neural range nerf revert

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    put diminishing returns on fungal and you can have 10 range neural for all i care.

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    You must've forgotten Summer '11

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    summer 2011 was only 8 months ago

• Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    9 range neural was so much fun. Never had to worry about collosus or thors. Barely had to worry about tanks. Sigh...

• Options
    back then people didn't get blink stalkers very often and if fungal had diminishing returns it'd be much easier to blink forward to snipe infestors.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    fuck

TannerMS on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    australia

jk ;)

TannerMS on
  • Options
    Dhal, I have no idea what you mean by diminishing returns.

• Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Tanner you should stop editing your posts. I get the feeling there was some delicious Tanner rage there but now I'll never know. Making impulsive posts that you regret later is only fun if they stay there!!!

• Options
    its the same thing he suggested last page

• Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    I think Dhal is suggesting that Blizzard brings back the Amulet upgrade for HTs. I just got so happy!

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Dhal, I have no idea what you mean by diminishing returns.

Each concecutive use of an ability has a lesser effect.

So you fungle unit X once, it lasts full duration. You use it again immediately, it lasts half duration. You use it again, it lasts quater duration, and so on.

• Options
    TannerMS wrote: »

Ah. Thanks. Missed that.

Sounds too complicated Dhal.

• Options

Ah. Thanks. Missed that.

Its exactly how such things worked in warcraft 3 and in world of warcraft, so there's no reason why it couldn't work in SC2.

• Options
    it also works that way in most MOBAs.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    man.... wt-fuck is going on here

=P

get on peeps
    it's taime fo' teem gheims

also, for those who can't fathom major and root

1. It's Root

what do you expect?
    they're like the ugly girl at the party and your very last chance to get laid

(for posterity, could also be the last ugly guy at the party)
    (or: both)

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Gahh, so many Silvers...appear to be performing some kind of harassment in an early fashion.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Ah. Thanks. Missed that.

Its exactly how such things worked in warcraft 3 and in world of warcraft, so there's no reason why it couldn't work in SC2.

Wait. What worked that way in warcraft 3?

• Options

Ah. Thanks. Missed that.

Nothing. It was only every WoW that had diminishing returns.

• Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    Wow... I wanted to take a break from people whining about infestors on the bnet forums so I came here to this? Tell me, why the sudden influx of infestor complaints when they haven't been touched for basically a full year. What happened between then and now that's got everyone's panties in a bunch. Oh that's right. Nothing. It's zerg's only unit worth a damn. Terran is balanced around the marine. Protoss is balanced around the sentry. Zerg is balanced around the infestor.

You don't want your air getting chain fungaled? Stop clumping your air. It takes several fungals to bring down anything short of a ling. This means infestors have to constantly duck in and out of the area to chain fungal. Your colossi/siege tanks/HTs whatever should be punishing the infestors for staying in the area.

• Options
    SorCSorC Registered User regular
    It's not the damage that's the issue, it's the fact that fungal denies micro, which is becoming more and more of an issue as players ability to micro improves. That's what's changed over the last year.

11776-1.png
  • Options
    Well then we'd better nerf forcefield too, then.

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Well then we'd better nerf forcefield too, then.

forcefield's ability to deny micro is equally as retarded as fungal.

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »

Ah. Thanks. Missed that.

Nothing. It was only every WoW that had diminishing returns.

the original DotA had diminishing returns. Maybe it was something programmed into the game.

• Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    I don't remember anything that had it.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    let's just remove zerg

and protoss

from the game

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Heroes suffered from spell effects for a reduced duration compared to regular units, which may be what you're thinking of.

Edit: Heroes also came with bonus magic armor that reduced spell damage by 25%.

Yilias on
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    let's just remove zerg

and protoss

from the game

Terran players everywhere just got the weirdest boner ever

EDIT: I was writing something before, then it saved the draft and then I forgot to delete that little bit at the top. Weird.

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Saaruto wrote: »
    I mean people
    let's just remove zerg

and protoss

from the game

Terran players everywhere just got the weirdest boner ever

It goes up and down as they think about the new lack of forcefields and fungals, but then the never-ending TvTs

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    no terrans are complaining about infestors I don't think

I'm confused as to how a protoss would ever lose if infestors couldn't stop stalkers from just walking all over them after 2 fungals in any engagement.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I would just like to say that if I told you three months ago that today, the top 5 players in Korean Elo from TL would be, in order: Taeja, Seed, Curious, Squirtle, and MC, you would've had me committed.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    I'd like to see a reduction on broodling spawn time. They get out of hand way too quickly and turn into permanent forcefields that bite. Plus, I think they just ruin a really intriguing late-game Protoss unit...the Archon. Right now, the only way to get them to do anything against broodlords is with vortex, which is stupid. If there was a slight gap in between broodling waves you could actually micro the Archons around a bit and push back. This would cause the zerg to actually have to micro their broodlords a bit, instead of just kinda 1Aing them at whatever expansion they want to die. But then maybe blink stalkers would be way too effective, I don't know...it's so hard to tell without being able to test it out.

When is someone going to come out with a custom game with sliders for range/damage/cooldown than can be changed on the fly? That would be soooo useful.

• Options
    Maybe every second broodlord attack spawns a broodling.

Or broodlords become guardians like i suggested.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Alright, guys, I really have to ask. What is the purpose of suggesting very specific balance changes to SC2? Some kinds of balance whines I can understand as social requests for sympathy or sharing bad experiences; like when someone reports a general "X is too strong!" Many times the point there is to become part of a group that shares your pain.

I can't understand "reduce the speed of creep spread" or "make broodlings spawn every second broodlord shot" in this way, though. The appropriate response in context, that the speaker is looking for, doesn't seem to be empathy. You are suggesting an end to be brought about, a way the world could be that would be better than the way it currently is. But you are all, mostly, smart people. Nobody thinks anything they do in this forum will help to achieve any balance changes. (at least, I hope not) Blizzard both doesn't read this forum and even if it did, takes feedback of this type with a pile of salt, the way they should. So then, what?

The best I can come up with is that these are just expressions of wishes or hopes, vaguely like daydreams. They're like when I think to myself about how awesome it would be if I had a million dollars, or was a world-class poker player, or if a paper of mine got accepted to the best journal. I am of course familiar with the emotional benefits of thinking about such things, but what is the point of expressing them in this forum? You are antagonizing other members as directly as such things can be done; you are almost literally saying "your performances and accomplishments in this context are not as significant as you thought they were; some of them are due to unfairnesses in your favor." Even if those things were true, what end is served by saying them? I can't imagine that these things make the balancer feel better; if everything goes excellently and the community settles on the idea being good (unlikely as that is), now you have a very particular injustice to feel bad about and to get in the way of improvement. More likely, you start an argument that has no good end conditions that makes everyone involved feel worse.

So don't do it, or at least have some reason to think it's not worse than useless.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    OR ZERG ISNT OVERPOWERED AND DOESNT NEED ANY GODDAMN NERFS like i suggested

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Look, the only thing we need patched into WoL right now is the harvester count on the CC/Hatch/Nexus that we saw in the HotS demos. Knowing how many mining workers I have going would be super helpful. It's already on the gas buildings so go ahead and add it to the main buildings too.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page