As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I'm sitting around if you don't mind Norse.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    WNtSc8C.jpg

GOOD START TO MATCH!

Characters
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Choose wisely.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    WNtSc8C.jpg

GOOD START TO MATCH!

Oh man, that's the wolf that level on our game isn't it? Yessss.

• Options
    Nuffle, if you're going to have me make:

2 1-die blocks
    3+ ball handoff
    Dodge into 1 tacklezone
    Dodge into no tacklezones
    2 GFIs

On no rerolls, could you please not fail the last GFI on the goal-line, thus snatching away all hope I just had seeing my guy do an amazing thing?

Characters
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Nuffle, if you're going to have me make:

2 1-die blocks
    3+ ball handoff
    Dodge into 1 tacklezone
    Dodge into no tacklezones
    2 GFIs

On no rerolls, could you please not fail the last GFI on the goal-line, thus snatching away all hope I just had seeing my guy do an amazing thing?

That's the way Nuffle rolls. Just be happy he decided to spare that players life.

Also, anyone up for a game?

Veevee on
  • Options
    Good game Zombie. Time to save for a new werewolf.

At least my Yhetee killed a man.

Characters
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Good game Zombie. Time to save for a new werewolf.

At least my Yhetee killed a man.

You also gave a Hobbo -AV, which means i had to cut him.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    RIP Justin Blueberry

Wait, who am I kidding? You were worthless

Characters
  • Options
    Oh for crying out loud, Justin got the MVP in the match he died in. You son of a bitch.

Good game, Veevee. Apparently Khorne v Norse is a very violent matchup. Almost got your Bloodthirster!

Characters
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Docshifty wrote: »
    WNtSc8C.jpg

GOOD START TO MATCH!

Oh man, that's the wolf that level on our game isn't it? Yessss.

It's okay, actually!

My other Werewolf levelled up.

+STR

:mrgreen:

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    RosselRossel Registered User regular
    I am, I'm on now, Gonna jump into the lobby and wait

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh for crying out loud, Justin got the MVP in the match he died in. You son of a bitch.

Good game, Veevee. Apparently Khorne v Norse is a very violent matchup. Almost got your Bloodthirster!

Even in death he fails you.

Steam
  • Options
    I'm on for the next couples hours, I'll be playing as many games as there are challengers!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Im hanging out in the lobby, itching for a match

Steam
  • Options
    Just played a good game against @Veevee. His ogres really knocked my Dark Elves around, by the end of the game only three were left on the field! I'm still in lobby taking challanges for a few more hours before bed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    the Plainsville Average Joes are en route to the lobby to show folks what it means to be average

• Options
    edited May 2013
    The Purple People Murderers get their first loss handed out at the vicious claws of the lizardmen! I think i'll have time for one more game if you want to try and get one in @ArcanisTheImpotent
    the Plainsville Average Joes are en route to the lobby to show folks what it means to be average

Rossel on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rossel wrote: »
    The Purple People Murderers get their first loss handed out at the vicious claws of the lizardmen! I think i'll have time for one more game if you want to try and get one in @ArcanisTheImpotent

That was a good game. Starting a team with a reroll is tough. I'd maybe even go so far as to recommend rebuilding a team to start with minimum 2 rerolls (this tends to be all that the D.elves can usually afford without giving up too much). RR's cost double after you play your first game, so its something to keep in mind.

Steam
  • Options
    You can run 3 rerolls with a Witch Elf and Blitzer. You're giving up positionals of the Runner and Assassin which isn't too horrible. I wouldn't go so far as to try the bbtactics roster build of 10 Lineman, 1 Runner & 4 rerolls. That's a bit much and expensive to build later.

Even without many positionals, Dark Elves can still win early considering you are elves.

Characters
  • Options
    I prefer to max out blitzers early, since they are, imo, the D.elves best piece.

Steam
  • Options
    Assassins are terrible and should only be used as an inducement against low AV teams like amazons

Steam
  • Options
    I prefer to max out blitzers early, since they are, imo, the D.elves best piece.

Yea but they're freaking expensive :(

Characters
  • Options
    Linking to BBtactics is usually worth it; http://bbtactics.com/tv1000-dark-elf-starting-roster/

Steam
  • Options
    RichardRichard Registered User regular
    Up for a game? Send me a message on Steam.

• Options
    Another tie against @Veevee again.

Managed to not get killed by his Bloodthirster. Even managed to KO him, unfortunately on the last turn so it didn't really help anything.

• Options
    Rossel wrote: »

That was a good game. Starting a team with a reroll is tough. I'd maybe even go so far as to recommend rebuilding a team to start with minimum 2 rerolls (this tends to be all that the D.elves can usually afford without giving up too much). RR's cost double after you play your first game, so its something to keep in mind.

I actually was unaware that you could buy re-rolls for half cost first thing..... I always saw them as super expensive. I always got 2 Witch Elves, 4 Blitzers and 5 Lineman, and then tried to get everyone to block/dodge as fast as possible to save from having to get replacement players and then start buying up re-rolls. I'm gonna stick with the DE team i have, but i might start up a side team with that in mind.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Also: I am jumping on looking for a game the next 2 hours or so. Might be on later as well. Message me in the steam group chat!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    btw... if you want changes to the op just lemme know. Also if anyone is going to stream and wants me to announce it through the Steam group just message me ahead of time.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Anyone care for a match?

• Options
    Guys, my Golems can't knock themselves down. Lets do this!

• Options
    An opponent has been found!

• Options
    Another game down, another loss, though less one sided this time.

The mistakes are crippling, but slowly becoming infrequent.

• Options
    Good game, Doc!

God I love elven bullshit sometimes.

Characters
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I would like to play a game of blood bowl.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    I'm going to be jumping on for some games today in about an hour. I'll be in the steam group chat!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tried to play two games with @Rossel today. First match my game crashes, second match disconnected. Guess it was not meant to be. Another time.

Another weird thing is that I now get very low frame rate (seems to be when a player moves). Haven't updated any drivers or changed any setup. Anyone has a good guess on what it might be?

• Options
    Richard wrote: »
    Tried to play two games with @Rossel today. First match my game crashes, second match disconnected. Guess it was not meant to be. Another time.

Another weird thing is that I now get very low frame rate (seems to be when a player moves). Haven't updated any drivers or changed any setup. Anyone has a good guess on what it might be?

DId you reboot after the crash?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

I did not, but the frame rate issue started yesterday and I have rebooted after that, same problem. I will try and fidget around with some settings and see if maybe something will solve it.

• Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

I did not, but the frame rate issue started yesterday and I have rebooted after that, same problem. I will try and fidget around with some settings and see if maybe something will solve it.

I just just know that I have had issues that a reboot was needed to fix.

50433.png?1708759015