Options

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Shockingly they patched this last night. Not certain what was changed yet, but that is one more patch than I expected.

My friend who was so excited about this game recently asked me If there was a good defense against passing attacks. He has struggled to stop the humans or skavens doing last minute desperation runs down the field with a deep pass. I don't have the heart to explain the flippy bullshit of the elves yet. I weep for him when he learns.

My advice was brutalize the team more and more, and try to keep someone between the receiver and the goal. That's all I really know and it works so long as nuffle does not forsake you.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Yeah, foul the shit out of the Gutter Runners and Skaven just fall apart so damn fast.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Yeah, foul the shit out of the Gutter Runners and Skaven just fall apart so damn fast.

This is good advice. One league- I can't remember if it was here or elsewhere- my opponents did not follow that advice.

My gutter runner ended up STR 3 with block and horns thanks to lucky rolls.

They dearly regretted not killing him.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular

General info on the patch:
    - Size of the update : 530 MB

- In Game (feedback, HUD) :
    o Fix an error when you click on a thrower after setting up a pass
    o Wild animal tooltip isn't displayed anymore at the end of a turn
    o Fix visual effects on players (Death, KO and injury) during half-time cutscene
    o Fix a GUI issue when you throw a goblin team mate on your player
    o The crowdsurf cutscene is not displayed anymore if you desactivated cutscenes.

- Menu :
    o Administrator and redactor have a specific font in the administration board
    o Multiplayer league : reward window isn't displayed twice anymore
    o Correct competition title and name when you add a Coach in a competition
    o Fix of an error when you lose an auction
    o The team filter is now working properly on the ranking board

- Gameplay :
    o The player kicking the ball can now blitz during a Blitz event
    o Interception reroll during a Dump Off doesn't cost a Team reroll to the opponent team anymore
    o Fix the error preventing from blizting and then getting up with the contextual menu
    o You don't loose the ball with StripBall on a chainpush anymore
    o Strip Ball + Juggernaut : the player is pushed then drop the ball
    o During a Blitz event, MA are properly consumed by a Blitz
    o Loner is now rolled on an interception reroll
    o No more lag in multiplayer after failing Always Hungry with a non-eaten goblin
    o A player on the ground being chain pushed can't use Side Step and Stand Firm anymore
    o A player can't stand up after Piling On anymore
    o A Journeymen injured during a game stays injured after the game
    o The Interception patron is now conform to the LRB6

- Crash :
    o Fix a crash on the post game window
    o Fix a crash when refusing an offer in the marketplace

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Game's out. And the first Campaign mission makes it easier on you by not requiring any dice for throwing Blocks. That took some getting used to.

• Options
    So the Campaign does a pretty decent job of introducing Blood Bowl's various systems one by one. Makes it easier to get to grips with the game, at least.

And then I started the match against a High Elf team and they score a touchdown on Turn 2.

I guess the lesson in that tutorial was "Elves Gonna Elf".

Actually, it introduced Turnovers and how punching elves is a good way to get them off the field (so many KOs). The Turn 2 TD of my first attempt was just because of a really unlucky initial kick.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Nice to see the bug where the blocking dice doesn't show up leaving you with no choice but to quit the game made it into release.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    And the bonus races are going to maybe be available for play next week if we are lucky. Oh Cyanide. I am happy to see that outside pressure can't change your core values. Really wish your core values didn't involve making a quick easy buck and giving the finger to your fans if need be. It is a testament to how amazing the base game is that they can still sell anything at all.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    It's a game based on a Games Workshop property.

If they're not monetising other races/teams, then they're not doing it right.

• Options
    The campaign is just awful. The slow introduction of rules is terribly painful for any experienced player, and I personally think it will teach brand new players terrible habits. At least Jim and Bob are mildly amusing. I played 3 of the missions last night and just couldn't play anymore.

I did think their rant about "anti-social media" "Facetome" and "Twerper" being full of people complaining about Blood Bowl was pretty funny.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Move a player, I get the movement lines but my guy never moves and I can't deselect him or anything so I am stuck waiting 2 minutes for the timer to run out which doesn't do jack shit so I have to alt f4 and quit the game. Out of the 3 games I played only 1 managed to be finished. Granted it was a pretty good game with 6 injuries and 2 deaths.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Don't read the PC Gamer review. It made me sad. It was the "game doesn't have a good tutorial so I didn't look up the rules I didn't understand and jumped right in the game negatives". The rest of the negative reviews I have read hinge on "they are going to DLC races OMG that is 'new' and horrible".

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Aw man, I was thinking of maybe getting this while I could still get the lizards as a pre-order bonus.

Ah well, I guess I'll just wait to see if it's worth buying...

Is it worth buying?

Edit: I'll probably wait for the inevitable steam sale. I'm not super pressed to get it right away and it will probably need some patches to really polish it honestly.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I'll probably pick this up when it goes on Steam sale, hopefully there will be further patches and support since it sounds like it needs a few more (but is possibly better off right now than the original).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Don't read the PC Gamer review. It made me sad. It was the "game doesn't have a good tutorial so I didn't look up the rules I didn't understand and jumped right in the game negatives". The rest of the negative reviews I have read hinge on "they are going to DLC races OMG that is 'new' and horrible".
    So it's the reviewers fault that the tutorial doesn't teach them how to play the game?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    So it's the reviewers fault that the tutorial doesn't teach them how to play the game?

Yes. And also a lot of whining about Nuffle. And so much so he gave it a 59.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    When a game is as difficult to come to grips with as Blood Bowl, it's a valid complaint. The game will certainly bring in the existing crowd (that is willing to fork over the cash for a prettier version with fewer teams), but getting new people into the game is very difficult. I love the game to pieces, but getting my friends (who have some experience playing the game even!) to play is challenging, because quite frankly I am much much better at the game than they are.

On the Cyanide front, I think their stealth goblin assassin game (Styx?) was pretty well received, so maybe they've improved?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I would absolutely wait for some patches and a steam sale. From reading the forums there are heaps of problems.

I think they've also rushed it out to meet their release deadline. The AI needs heaps of work, the "pre-order" teams aren't available yet, some skills are missing from the game, lots of the star players are missing, still a heap of bugs with skills.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    From my limited reading, the problems I see with the game so far are one missing skill (pass block, which OK I guess people would take that eventually but not really a concern for new teams), the AI being (as usual) quite terrible, the pre-order teams not being out until sometime next week and some bad bugs that require quitting the game because you simply can't continue.

Oh, and why the bloody hell did they increase the price of the Orc Blitzers? Why is there even a Bretonnian team, especially with a roster that looks like utter trash? At least their Khorne roster (which I don't think too highly of) had flavor, but that Bretonnian roster is genuinely terrible. With all the time tested rosters available, they went with some Bretonnian nonsense that is completely uninspiring. I can see their reasons for not including the stunties right away, but I feel that the initial roster needs another bash team, instead of whatever the Bretonnians are supposed to be (certainly not an agility team, they can't really bash, and they don't have the flexibility of the standard Human roster). In short, I question their roster decisions.

So I guess I'll wait on this one, and just hope that enough people get it right away that the game isn't instantly abandoned.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    No Norse, No Sale.

Kept by that rule and didn't get Blood Bowl until Legendary edition, gonna do the same here.

• Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    From my limited reading, the problems I see with the game so far are one missing skill (pass block, which OK I guess people would take that eventually but not really a concern for new teams), the AI being (as usual) quite terrible, the pre-order teams not being out until sometime next week and some bad bugs that require quitting the game because you simply can't continue.

Oh, and why the bloody hell did they increase the price of the Orc Blitzers? Why is there even a Bretonnian team, especially with a roster that looks like utter trash? At least their Khorne roster (which I don't think too highly of) had flavor, but that Bretonnian roster is genuinely terrible. With all the time tested rosters available, they went with some Bretonnian nonsense that is completely uninspiring. I can see their reasons for not including the stunties right away, but I feel that the initial roster needs another bash team, instead of whatever the Bretonnians are supposed to be (certainly not an agility team, they can't really bash, and they don't have the flexibility of the standard Human roster). In short, I question their roster decisions.

So I guess I'll wait on this one, and just hope that enough people get it right away that the game isn't instantly abandoned.

The brettonians were added from a bunch of play tested stuff I believe. But yes, why not the tried and tested teams first (although they are changing those anyway as you pointed out).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    AI is terribad still yes. But the multiplayer is as solid as I have seen a release title. Sure it is not being hit nearly as hard as other games but it is stable and working which may change, of course, during prime time this weekend. Love the improved graphics and gameplay. I got used to the lack of the always on grid pretty fast and squashed random lowbie AI teams. I miss the grid but can wait for that to be patched in. I can see why a new person would have issue with the tutorial though. Making the player play all 16 rounds in the second game could be construed as MEH. But if you lose focus as a new player when it introduces the core mechanic of dice roll and positioning it may not be your game. It definitely doesnt hold your hand but I have seen worse tutorials. I think it is actually an improvement as well over BB1. The UI is a vast improvement. Vast.

All in all I am happy. Teams will be added. Bugs will be squashed. And nuffle will drink the blood of newbies.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Did BB1 have a tutorial of any sort? I know there was the ability to play against the AI in campaigns and stuff, but I don't think there was a single thing that explained how the game worked in BB1. Which is fine for me, I know the rules. Hooray for a UI improvement, the UI from BB1 was one of the worst I have ever seen. If they actually make it even slightly obvious what your odds are of a successful action, that alone would be a great improvement and might bring some of my friends back to play. Well not at $45, but maybe during an upcoming Steam sale.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The game now shows you a percentage chance of success for any move that involves rolling dice.

I'm not sure if you can always trust the game, though - it claims you have an 83% chance of succeeding any particular Going For It roll, when everyone knows it's closer to 5%.

• Options
    Did BB1 have a tutorial of any sort? I know there was the ability to play against the AI in campaigns and stuff, but I don't think there was a single thing that explained how the game worked in BB1. Which is fine for me, I know the rules. Hooray for a UI improvement, the UI from BB1 was one of the worst I have ever seen. If they actually make it even slightly obvious what your odds are of a successful action, that alone would be a great improvement and might bring some of my friends back to play. Well not at $45, but maybe during an upcoming Steam sale.

Yea, they had a similar thing, where there was a campaign type of thing where you had to achieve particular things to win matches and progress. I think the premise of the campaign is fine, but removing all dice rolls and slowly introducing dice rolls and skills isn't the way to teach someone how to play. You should also be able to skip forward to skip all this basic shit, because grinding out 16 turns of humans vs orcs when everything succeeds automatically except blocks and even then there is no turn over for a failed block is boring as shit (even if I did win 5-0). When they do introduce dice rolls, you don't even get to see the result to learn what you did (oh yea, the dice roll log in this is absolutely horrible too).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Orc Blitzers increased in price by 10k? Proof that there is a god and he understands that Orc Blitzers are under-priced by 10k

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular

That's a valid complaint about the tutorial, but if you don't follow it up with looking up the rules, then I'm not sure what else you could really have to say about the game other than "I don't understand it."

• Options

The tutorial is pretty awful though. The game has a steep steep learning curve and that should be put up front and center of any review.

A lot of his review appeared to be whining about how the game wasn't what he wanted it to be though, and that always puts me off of any review. Review the game for what it is, not what it isn't. The game was never supposed to be fantasy Madden and the reviewer really seemed to think that's what he was getting. The tutorial does not nearly enough to demonstrate how little it has to do with football vs beating the crap out of each other.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    ...The hell is a 'Bretonian' team? I'm familiar with the army, but surely that'd just be a Human team in BB?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Kay wrote: »
    ...The hell is a 'Bretonian' team? I'm familiar with the army, but surely that'd just be a Human team in BB?

Bretonians are Humans, only different. Just like Pro Elves are just Elves and High Elves are poncy aristocratic Elves, so Humans are just Humans and Bretonians are their own little feudal system on the pitch. Knights and Nobles make up the Bretonians' special players and shabby peasants are the always undervalued Linemen. The only thing the Bretonians are missing is a King to serve as their Big Guy.

So, yeah, they're human, but they're a different flavour of human over the generic Human team.

Also different stat lines and skill access and all that, but I don't know enough about BB to make any particular judgement about that.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    The game now shows you a percentage chance of success for any move that involves rolling dice.

I'm not sure if you can always trust the game, though - it claims you have an 83% chance of succeeding any particular Going For It roll, when everyone knows it's closer to 5%.

No no no, it's 95% most of the time. It's only when you try to GFI into the endzone for a TD that it's 5%. With a 90% chance of the player being injured.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options

No no no, it's 95% most of the time. It's only when you try to GFI into the endzone for a TD that it's 5%. With a 90% chance of the player being injured.

Or if you are about to make a game saving tackle at the last minute, though the chance then might drop below 5%

• Options
    Re: Bretonnians -

http://guide.bloodbowl-game.com/en/races-bretonnians

Unfortunately it doesn't specify how many of each you can have, nor does it list skill access (I would guess general for the linemen, and general/strength for the Blitzers and Blockers). I have no idea if anybody on the team has access to passing skills, so having the catch skill on the Blitzers is possibly not very useful. If the team can have 4 each of the Blitzers and Blockers, and they all have strength access, you could potentially make a decent bashy team out of them, though they would be decidedly fragile. 8 max armor with no str or agi 4 players is not a team list I am a huge fan of, and really it looks to me like a worse Norse team. Perhaps I'm wrong and they are really good in the right hands, I haven't tried them out myself obviously.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Re: Bretonnians -

http://guide.bloodbowl-game.com/en/races-bretonnians

Unfortunately it doesn't specify how many of each you can have, nor does it list skill access (I would guess general for the linemen, and general/strength for the Blitzers and Blockers). I have no idea if anybody on the team has access to passing skills, so having the catch skill on the Blitzers is possibly not very useful. If the team can have 4 each of the Blitzers and Blockers, and they all have strength access, you could potentially make a decent bashy team out of them, though they would be decidedly fragile. 8 max armor with no str or agi 4 players is not a team list I am a huge fan of, and really it looks to me like a worse Norse team. Perhaps I'm wrong and they are really good in the right hands, I haven't tried them out myself obviously.

Aah, looks like this version: http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/BBBretonnians.htm

(Blitzers have General and PASSING, Yeomen (Blockers) get General and Strength.)

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    That does indeed look like the same team list. Passing skills for the Blitzers (Knights?) seems a little weird to me, but at least they can get 4 of them. The more I look at the team list, the less I hate it, but I still would have preferred having either Undead or Necromantic instead. The other team lists that didn't make the cut (discounting Lizardmen and Wood Elves since they are coming soon) are a little too gimmicky (the stunties + Vampires), too limited (Khemri, Nurgle) or too similar to what is already included (Pro Elves, maybe Chaos Dwarfs but I haven't played them in ages so I could be wrong). Norse and Amazon would be fine additions as well, though since we already have the Human roster I'm more inclined to add the living dead instead.

That said, the Khemri team is often amusing, if not particularly good. I once had a game with my Khemri (against Lizardmen) where I failed 16 pickup rolls in the first half (it was raining, and Sure Hands with agility 2 in the rain is no guarantee of success). In fact, I believe there was exactly one successful pickup roll the entire match, very near the end, that let me take home the 1-0 win. My opponent tried many times to get a Skink in and steal the ball away, I made him pay for that in injuries and he was left without any on the field for the entirety of the second half.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gnizmo wrote: »

The tutorial is pretty awful though. The game has a steep steep learning curve and that should be put up front and center of any review.

A lot of his review appeared to be whining about how the game wasn't what he wanted it to be though, and that always puts me off of any review. Review the game for what it is, not what it isn't. The game was never supposed to be fantasy Madden and the reviewer really seemed to think that's what he was getting. The tutorial does not nearly enough to demonstrate how little it has to do with football vs beating the crap out of each other.

Oh I agree. I didn't get to play long last night but I will do more of the Campaign tonight and perhaps start up a single player league to mess around with the teams more.

• Options
    So I was looking into that plasmoids.dk website that Cyanide apparently borrowed the Bretonnian roster from, and it looks like a lot of the changes to the rosters that went into BB2 are directly taken from his NTBB (Narrow Tier Blood Bowl) ruleset. The Human Catcher gets AV 8 for no extra cost (which is a nice buff to the team indeed), the Human Ogre is reduced in price to 130k (another nice buff, though I'm not a huge fan of Big Guys since they are so unreliable), the Orcs take the price hit to the Blitzer, all of which are from his NTBB custom rules. However, the price hit to the Orc Blitzer was rolled back in the 2014 or 2015 version (not sure which at the moment), they did not buff the High Elf Thrower to get Accurate for free (seems like a reasonable change to me, High Elf teams have never interested me), the Chaos Minotaur did not get Leader (not sure exactly the reasoning behind the change, might be related to other rules changes in his NTBB set), and none of the changes to skills he has in the NTBB ruleset seem to be included (like The Right Stuff negating Tackle when a block is thrown). I would really like to see the Orc roster changed back (Orcs are really my favorite team), but the positive changes to the Human roster I have no complaints with, and I am confused why they didn't buff the High Elf roster. I'm also curious to see if they change the Wood Elf Wardancer to trade out Block for Fend, if Goblin Trolls will lose Loner and gain Foul Appearance and Thick Skull, if Halflings will get 4 agility Catchers, if Amazon Linewomen will have their price increased to 60k, if the Ogre team will get +1 MA and +1 AV to Snotlings, 10k cheaper Ogres and 10k cheaper rerolls, if Slann Blitzers will have their price reduced to 100k, if Undead Mummies will lose Mighty Blow in favor of Grab (and I think lose G skill access) and if Vampire Thralls will get Thick Skull for free.

It's really weird that they would go with unofficial sources for some team rosters, but not all, and then not include any of the rules modifications that are supposed to work in concert with the roster changes so that things make sense. One of the biggest NTBB changes is that if you have Claw, then Mighty Blow does not stack with it for the armor roll (but can still be used for the injury roll). Not changing that probably explains why the Chaos Minotaur didn't get Leader, as they can still stack Claw + Mighty Blow + Piling On very easily and are likely to be the scariest high value team still. No idea why the NTBB changes left the Khemri alone, because man that team roster needs some help if anybody does.

And wow I rambled (again), but yeah it seems like any changes to team rosters are likely from plasmoids.dk and their NTBB ruleset. Certainly it means that BB2 is not CRP (or LRB6 or whatever) compliant, which is kind of annoying.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Man. I've only just dipped my feet into blood bowl and I found my team in Chaos, but they start out so, so basic. Sure the Beastman get horns, which is great exactly once a turn, but still...

I'm playing in a league against some friends, and I went up against my friends Dwarf team. The rules were that we had to make a team for this league only, they had to be new and we can't level them up outside the league. Sounds good - my solo Chaos team is very powerful after playing several leagues, except Chaos START with almost nothing. All of my friends Dwarves except his runner had block which meant when he attacked me, he had to roll a push or a skull in order not to lay me the fuck out. I managed to beat his team but only because he tunnel visioned on fucking wrecking me one more time with a foul before attempting a touch town and lost due to a red card turnover - and wreck me he did.

So - I won, but 2 of my guys are dead. My Minotaur is critically injured so now he is more vulnerable to future injuries - my friends are aware and are just going to try to remove him from the game as early as possible now. I think another one or two of my players received injuries as well. Not to mention that the reason all of these injuries were allowed to happen is because half my team randomly got fucking HEATSTROKE and went off field, allowing his dwarves to dogpile me.

So as a result, after my FIRST game, my team strength dropped to like, 720. I didn't even win enough gold to buy another beastman to replace one that died - so I have to rely on journeymen. I spent my gold on an apothecary to try to avoid future mishaps. Not only that, because the game ended with like 3-4 of my guys still left on the field, I got barely any experience. No one levelled up, and they still probably won't level up next game either.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to recover, especially since my other friends teams are getting stronger through wins, money, and experience. While I won my game, it was a disaster and I became considerably weaker as a result.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Morblitz on
    3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    HardKaseHardKase Registered User regular
    Ive been playing the campaign im about 7 matches in and its fantastic. it starts off slow, the introduce one stat at a time and what it does, then skills, then fouls, then time limits, and theres a story involving crime lords and at one point even the ref starts running onto the pitch to foul your players. its great.

Steam ID: HardKAse@hardkase.cjb.net (yes I was drunk when I created it)
  • Options
    Dwarfs start out pretty tough, and are a rough early matchup for so many teams (especially since you lost players to heat stroke, which should have also taken some of his players off but RNG is harsh in Blood Bowl). Grabbing an Apothecary was a good move, and while losing two Beastmen and losing AV on your Minotaur is rough (also means he misses your next game and therefore doesn't count towards your team value for the moment), it does mean you can get some nice inducements for the next match. Grabbing an additional apothecary or a wizard for your next match through inducements is often a good idea. I wouldn't panic about having a bad start, unless everybody else in the league is playing Dwarfs you should be alright. You'll likely be fielding 3 journeymen Beastmen the next match, or however many it takes to get you up to 11 players. Use them as your front line cannon fodder, and don't worry if they get injured. You've obviously played Chaos before, so you know they get really good with high team value.

As far as other advice, I am not a fan of starting with a Minotaur on a Chaos team, as they are even less reliable than your other players that don't have any skills. I usually start with just Chaos Warriors and Beastmen, and then later on maybe add the Minotaur. This lets me start with more rerolls (which double in cost after team creation, while Minotaurs stay the same no matter when you buy them), which are so very valuable for Chaos. I wouldn't start with less than 3, and preferably 4. You have to accept a bit weaker starting team, but you are setup better for the long term, which is where your team excels anyway. Granted this doesn't help you RIGHT NOW, but for future Chaos teams it is something to keep in mind.

In other news, from what I can tell from watching some gameplay videos, they implemented the rule that cash on hand greater than 150k counts towards your team value. This goes a long way towards limiting bash teams a fair bit, though it eliminates one of the start strategies for the Halflings where they try and make a team with a low enough starting TV that they can get the star player Treeman and a Chef for their first game. It also means that teams with higher team values and a lot of cash on hand can potentially use inducements without giving their enemy even more to use against them. It's another deviation from the official rules, but I don't think is necessarily a bad one. I just wish I knew what all of the changes are, and why they seem to have taken a lot from the NTBB ruleset without taking all of the NTBB ruleset. It's just weird.

steam_sig.png