As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 87 has finally ended with Rius finally getting a win with Khorne!

• Options
    BoardGamerBoardGamer Registered User regular
    Clan Rat to Norsca.
    3/8 PP

• Options
    calibercaliber Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Leper (cultist) from the Empire to Estalia.

0/6 PP and rest

Thanks for the tip brother Tzeentch, I hadn't realized those damn elfs moved so fast!

caliber on
  • Options
    Mr SuplexMr Suplex Registered User regular
    Cultist to Bretonnia

0/6PP

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    All you @boardgamer. We're all resting.

• Options
    Vermin Lord to Estalia.
    0/8 PP

• Options
    @blahmcblah

We are ready for the battle phase!

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Round 4, Battle Phase

game87state30_zpsaa5b4fa1.png

Dark Elves (remove a figure from each god in event regions at end of battle phase) and Peasants (Peasants add to resistance) are annoying.

Upgrade effects:
    Bloodletters: +1 VP for K per killed figure in regions with at least one Bloodletter
    Plaguebearers: Killed Plaguebearers in battle phase add +1 corruption for N
    Lepers: N may add +1 corruption when Lepers place corruption
    Keeper of Secrets: KoS counts as 3 nobles
    The Under Empire: Regions with Skaven tokens are considered adjacent for HR, and HR may move figures from a ruining region to an adjacent region
    Council of 13: Once per round, HR may play a third card to a region

Chaos effects:
    Norsca: Leap (if HR dominates, may move his figures to an adjacent region)
    Troll Country: Outbreak (region is Populous)
    Bretonnia: Skulls (killed enemies add to K's domination)
    Estalia: Havoc (Warriors and Greater Daemons roll no battle dice, and place corruption during corruption phase)
    The Border Princes: Horde (+1 PP for others to summon if HR outnumbers another)
    The Badlands: Shock (magic symbols and warpstones add to T's domination)

Troll Country: 1 die
    Bretonnia: 4 dice, 3 dice, 3 dice
    Estalia: HAVOC'd!

Please roll in power order in Bretonnia. @Rius @caliber

• Options
    Remove Clan Rat from Norsca and Estalia by Dark Elves.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    MY BLOODLETTERS HAVE FINALLY DECIDED TO JOIN THE PARTY

THIS IS A VERY GOOD THING, BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO FEED THEM TO THE WOODCHIPPER

I WILL STILL DO SO, FOR SPORT, BUT I WILL GIVE THEM PERMISSION TO ENJOY IT FIRST

SIX HITS IN BRETONNIA; KILL ONE LEPER AND FIVE SEDUCTRESSES, +6 VP

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Rius on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    @Mr Suplex to finish.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Move Clan Rat from Norsca to The Border Princes by Skitterleap.

BoardGamer on
  • Options
    You haven't dominated Norsca; you lost one Rat to the Corsairs and Peasant Uprising counters the other.

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    You haven't dominated Norsca; you lost one Rat to the Corsairs and Peasant Uprising counters the other.

thx.

• Options
    Will have my rolls/decisions later today. Sorry for the delay.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Wow, 6 hits on 4 dice from Khorne. Unbelievable...

Bretonnia; 2 hits. I kill the Nurgle cultist and a Khorne warrior

Mr Suplex on
  • Options
    @blahmcblah I think...

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Mr Suplex wrote: »

Not that it matters much, but the cultist is already dead. @Mr Suplex

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Mr Suplex wrote: »

Not that it matters much, but the cultist is already dead. @Mr Suplex

:(He just wanted to share his leprous gifts and all he ever got from you people was hate!

• Options
    Oh, everyone beat on me so much I didn't realize anyone else even took any hits.

Bretonnia; 2 hits. kill 2 Khorne warriors

• Options
    caliber wrote: »
    He just wanted to share his leprous gifts and all he ever got from you people was hate!

There will be no talk of being hated on by anyone but me after what I just went through in Bretonnia...lol

• Options
    Brother Tzeentch and brother/sister Slaneesh, please remember that I have not hurt your corruption sharing worshippers!

• Options
    Ardor wrote: »
    Brother Tzeentch and brother/sister Slaneesh, please remember that I have not hurt your corruption sharing worshippers!

This is true, but considering you are probably at 45-46pts after this round, expect everyone to beat on you next round like they did on me this round. Just hope Khorne's dice cool off a bit...

• Options
    edited January 2013
    A bit off topic, but does anyone else find Havoc to be overpowered? I've seen Tzeentch cruise to easy victories many times with this card. Nothing against you Ardor, just a question as I've seen so much complaint about 2VP Bloodletter kills but next to nothing about this card, which I think is just as powerful.

Mr Suplex on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Havoc is very powerful, but it means I'm sharing VP with everyone who stops by as well, as Ruis pointed out. After this game, I've finally played as each God once. I think the idea of spending 0 cost cards to stall and see what the other players do each round sounded great. Except I really didn't get a lot of those yet, hah.

My first game was Slaneesh and I had no clue what I was doing. I had fun though! I blame Funkywaltdogg for getting me hooked on this game!

Two turns in a row with Havoc or whatnot really did help me out, but next round I'm going to get thrown into the sun I think. I don't think my acolytes will deal with that well.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I see there was already a big discussion on these forums about it. I've played probably 30 or more games of Morrslieb and Havoc just seems too strong to me, but usually it is in conjunction with Mystical Disregard, which you thankfully don't have. I do think Havoc + MD is completely broken, though. I've seen it win games WAY too many times to think otherwise. If there was a half decent way to counter it I'd be ok with it, but its pretty much a steamroll play which bothers me, especially since Tzeetch is not supposed to steamroll. I actually think Mystical Disregard is the bigger problem and I'm letting that typical combo cloud my thoughts on Havoc itself (although Havoc is still almost always better than the Nurgle and Slaanesh equivalents).

Anyway, was just curious. No beef with you using it, If I was in your shoes I would have played it too. :-)

Mr Suplex on
  • Options
    Havoc + MD is probably the strongest single play possible in all of CitOW, especially if you can do it two rounds in a row. The only way around Havoc is Rampage and that's not even really likely with MD.

In theory, Tzeentch is at a disadvantage now because all of his eggs are in a ruined basket starting next round, but he has the cards to create efficiency w/r/t moving figures. It's a tough thing, dealing with it.

• Options
    Whoops, forgot to ask this earlier. Do the dark elves remove the KoS or Daemonette from Bretonnia? @Mr Suplex

• Options
    We gift the warrior to the elves as a plaything for their cults of pleasure

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Havoc + MD is probably the strongest single play possible in all of CitOW, especially if you can do it two rounds in a row. The only way around Havoc is Rampage and that's not even really likely with MD.

In theory, Tzeentch is at a disadvantage now because all of his eggs are in a ruined basket starting next round, but he has the cards to create efficiency w/r/t moving figures. It's a tough thing, dealing with it.

Yeah, it didn't seem to make much sense with the cards I had, to go for dial ticks so far. They won't help me now. Also, I really wanted the 4 domination points, but those stupid peasants made me put everything in Estalia.

I won't lie, I really wanted to play with MD, but it never seemed to make sense to divert from what I did so far, seeing how I couldn't use cards round 1.

• Options
    So are we awaiting decisions from anyone or is it time for domination/corruption?

• Options
    I think we're just waiting for @blahmcblah to finish up the round for us.

• Options
    Sorry dudes, just haven't had a chance to do a full update. Posting from my phone atm. will try my hardest to get it done tonight.

• Options
    No rush man. Just wanted to make sure you weren't waiting on us.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Round 4, Corruption Phase

game87state31_zps8c73a06a.png

Dark Elves (remove a figure from each god in event regions at end of battle phase) and Peasants (Peasants add to resistance) are annoying.

Upgrade effects:
    Bloodletters: +1 VP for K per killed figure in regions with at least one Bloodletter
    Plaguebearers: Killed Plaguebearers in battle phase add +1 corruption for N
    Lepers: N may add +1 corruption when Lepers place corruption
    Keeper of Secrets: KoS counts as 3 nobles
    The Under Empire: Regions with Skaven tokens are considered adjacent for HR, and HR may move figures from a ruining region to an adjacent region
    Council of 13: Once per round, HR may play a third card to a region

Chaos effects:
    Norsca: Leap (if HR dominates, may move his figures to an adjacent region)
    Troll Country: Outbreak (region is Populous)
    Bretonnia: Skulls (killed enemies add to K's domination)
    Estalia: Havoc (Warriors and Greater Daemons roll no battle dice, and place corruption during corruption phase)
    The Border Princes: Horde (+1 PP for others to summon if HR outnumbers another)
    The Badlands: Shock (magic symbols and warpstones add to T's domination)

Domination step:
    Bretonnia: +8 VP
    Estalia: +4 VP
    Tilea: +2 VP
    The Border Princes: +1 VP DAC
    The Badlands: +1 VP

Corruption step:
    Troll Country: +3 DAC
    Estalia: +2 DAC, +5 - 3RD RUINED! - +4 VP +4 VP +4 VP - The Horned Rat (@BoardGamer) may move figures to an adjacent region
    The Border Princes: +2, +1

Updated VP:
    22 + 10 = 32 VP
    20 + 4 = 24 VP
    27 + 9 = 36 VP
    30 VP
    21 + 5 = 26 VP

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Round 4, End Phase

Board at the start of the end phase:

game87state32_zps7306a10e.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board - taken skulls returned to owners

2. Hero Tokens are resolved - none

3. Resolve Old World cards - no effects

4. Score Ruined Regions - Estalia: +10 VP +5 VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - Nurgle has the most DACs and ticks twice; Khorne and The Horned Rat each tick once

17 - Score 4 VP
    26 - Remove 2 Corruption
    30 - Upgrade

20 - Summon 1 Warrior

Updated VP:
    Khorne: 32 + 4 = 36 VP
    Nurgle: 24 + 5 = 29 VP
    Tzeentch: 36 + 10 = 46 VP
    Slaanesh: 30 VP
    The Horned Rat: 26 VP

6. Check for Game end - The game does not end

Things that need to happen:
    1. The Horned Rat (@BoardGamer) may move figures from Estalia - if so, the ruination scoring will change
    2. Nurgle (@caliber) to remove two corruption tokens
    3. The Horned Rat (@BoardGamer) to summon a Rat Ogre
    4. Nurgle to choose an upgrade
    5. The next Old World card will be revealed; Tzeentch to make any decisions

Edit: Score updated to reflect ratty decisions.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Move all figure to Bretonnia from Estalia.
    Give up 2VP.

Summon Rat Ogre to Bretonnia.

• Options
    Remove 2 Khorne corruption in The Border Princes and Infested Colony as my upgrade

• Options
    @blahmcblah

I think we are ready for Turn 5!

• Options
    Whoops, I honestly missed it. Sorry all. Also, this will probably be the only time ever that I'm surprised by Nurgle not taking Cavalcade of Decay for the first time, heh. Old World Phase coming soon.