Options

[BlazBlue III: Chronophantasma] Thread. Extend For PS4/XB1/PS3/Vita This Summer.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Oho neat, didn't realize there was a BlazBlue thread! So I picked up Continuum Shift Extend on Vita, and I gotta say, I could not follow the story at all. I did the Calamity Trigger thing which I guess was a remake of that game's story, but it didn't help much? Near as I can tell, the world of BlazBlue repeats the same hundred years on an infinite loop, with that Hazama guy tweaking events over and over to try and get the outcome he wants, which was making Mu. But also he reports to a higher power?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    skyknyt wrote: »
    skyknyt wrote: »
    So I realize that this is the worst possible day to announce this, but since I've just confirmed I'm in the credits- I had the honor of doing the script adaptation this time around. This is the first game I've done localization on, and the schedule on it was INSANELY tight, but I was assisted by the amazing Earl Gertwagen as my translator and honestly his work was fantastic. Any shitty lines or continuity errors probably fall on me (though I did my best to catch them all!)

Seriously though those BlazBlue guys like to write a lot of words. So many words.
    Please tell me you had some hand in the 'Teach Me, Miss Litchi' sections. They were superb.

I don't recall any weird scripting in the story, although I remember the subtitles not matching what was said in the cutscenes in a few places. Probably not your fault!

Those were the sections I got first, and thus had the most time on. So I went a little overboard, and I might have changed some stuff knowing how the characters played out in the story mode. They actually changed my favorite line (Kagura announces "This is a tacofest, and I'm the beef!" at one point, but it was determined to be TOO MUCH :s ).
    That's awesome. You're awesome.

I was terrified people would hate that someone else was doing localization (Patrick Seitz is a boss, after all). I also wanted Jin to say every "Brother!!!" line in TMML like Liquid Snake, but it didn't work out.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I haven't played BlazBlue for probably nearly four years until I picked up Chrono Phantasma last night. I don't think I've ever played a fighting game more awkwardly. I need to get my groove back.

Sent you a friends request. Accept and lets fite. :D

Sweet. Are you shitty like me? Please be shitty like me.

I'm going to add you on 3DS and stuff too, just for funsies.

Get online. I'm super rusty.
    Oho neat, didn't realize there was a BlazBlue thread! So I picked up Continuum Shift Extend on Vita, and I gotta say, I could not follow the story at all. I did the Calamity Trigger thing which I guess was a remake of that game's story, but it didn't help much? Near as I can tell, the world of BlazBlue repeats the same hundred years on an infinite loop, with that Hazama guy tweaking events over and over to try and get the outcome he wants, which was making Mu. But also he reports to a higher power?

Yes. And yes. Hazama and Relius are twin-Big Bads at your point in the story.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Get online. I'm super rusty.

I can't for a few hours. I'm at wooork. D:

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    :(

People in this thread: Add me and let me know when you'd want to FITE. I'm good most of the day, until the late evening. Enjoy my scrubby and rusty Hakumen and Taokaka, or watch me flail at picking up other characters

• Options
    Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular

I don't understand the whole motive behind it, but Hazama/Terumi wants to use Mu to destroy something called the Master Unit, Amaterasu. A being/group/supercomputer named Takamagahara also wants to destroy Amaterasu, and they used Hazama to help them.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    :(

People in this thread: Add me and let me know when you'd want to FITE. I'm good most of the day, until the late evening. Enjoy my scrubby and rusty Hakumen and Taokaka, or watch me flail at picking up other characters

I am also at wooork. Plus, I want to practice with a couple characters first. Right now, the only one that I have a decent grip on is Ragna. I wanna spend a bit of time with Izayoi, Azrael, Kokonoe, Valkenhyn, and Tao. After that, Bang, Rachel, Tsubaki, Kagura, Relius, and Arakune, but they can wait.

...I can probably cut that list down a bit further for now, I suppose.

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    Emperor_Z wrote: »

I don't understand the whole motive behind it, but Hazama/Terumi wants to use Mu to destroy something called the Master Unit, Amaterasu. A being/group/supercomputer named Takamagahara also wants to destroy Amaterasu, and they used Hazama to help them.

Hazama wants to stop the time loop and place the future on a path that he controls. He is a master manipulator.

Relius is totally freaking insane, but is the calm genius and tactician of the duo. He wants to experiment.

They both follow The Imperator. Though they're secretly far more loyal to each other than they are to their boss.

• Options

Hazama wants to stop the time loop and place the future on a path that he controls. He is a master manipulator.

Relius is totally freaking insane, but is the calm genius and tactician of the duo. He wants to experiment.

They both follow The Imperator. Though they're secretly far more loyal to each other than they are to their boss.

But wasn't the time loop ended at the end of Calamity Trigger?

• Options

Nope. Time loop isn't gone until the end of the 2nd game's True Ending.

• Options
    Random aside: When Trinity Glassfille is beating people up to high heaven with a staff in a BlazBlue joke ending and calling it magic, she's not lying. The dainty, glasses, wearing mage, while capable of lots of powerful magic, is extremely proficient in Reinforcement magic boosting her strength and durability to boulder destroying levels.

To put it another way, the dainty meganekko is a muscle wizard and casts fist.

• Options

Nope. Time loop isn't gone until the end of the 2nd game's True Ending.

I had no idea that the loop was still going in CS. In CT, you could see the distinct start and end of the loop: Ragna getting transported to the past and his transformation into the Black Beast. At least, that's what I thought

• Options
    OK! Cool. It's neat how pretty much every character has their own sprawling story, factions and motivations, and it's not all tied into Win The Tournament like most fighting games.

So how's m'main Makoto doing in Chronophantasma? She's considered pretty low tier in CSE but I cannae resist playing as her :P

(also while I'm gushing at the BlazBlue thread, I adore the setup of these games, D being a special which is usually a mechanic unique to each character. That's so cooool)

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    OK! Cool. It's neat how pretty much every character has their own sprawling story, factions and motivations, and it's not all tied into Win The Tournament like most fighting games.

So how's m'main Makoto doing in Chronophantasma? She's considered pretty low tier in CSE but I cannae resist playing as her :P

(also while I'm gushing at the BlazBlue thread, I adore the setup of these games, D being a special which is usually a mechanic unique to each character. That's so cooool)
    Makoto's still poop.

• Options
    Makoto_Nanaya_(Chibi).png

dang

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Patch 1.1 is out in Arcades an should be hitting the consoles soon enough. Buffs the low tier characters, nerfs the high ones, and bumps Kokonoe down from shiny incandescent worshiped god.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Makoto might be considered to be the worst character in the game (and isn't getting any better in the upcoming patch), but Goro still makes her look amazing.

• Options
    Stylish Makoto inspires some glorious hatemail when you actually win, though ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Makoto might be considered to be the worst character in the game (and isn't getting any better in the upcoming patch), but Goro still makes her look amazing.

BB tiers are a lot closer together than many other fighting games, save for how polished SF4 is by now after double digit versions. Pretty much any character pick can win a tournament.

Also: to any Valky players. He's getting hit pretty hard by the patch. Enjoy your A++ wolf while he lasts. Likewise, if playing Amane, you might wanna wait for the buff. :p

All the non-Makoto animal people were top tier in CP 1.0, pre patch.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

BB tiers are a lot closer together than many other fighting games, save for how polished SF4 is by now after double digit versions. Pretty much any character pick can win a tournament.

Also: to any Valky players. He's getting hit pretty hard by the patch. Enjoy your A++ wolf while he lasts. Likewise, if playing Amane, you might wanna wait for the buff. :p

All the non-Makoto animal people were top tier in CP 1.0, pre patch.
    Valk and Hazama were both hit fairly hard, but from what I've seen, they both still seem like fine characters. Similarly, Kokonoe was brought down from being totally broken, to... still being the best in the game? She at least seems more fair now, so here's hoping it stays that way.

Really looking forward to trying Amane and Izayoi again in 1.1, although I'm not giving up on any of my current characters (Hazama, Tsubaki, Rachel, Nu).

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, any high tier character that got needed ended up in mid.

Also, it's cool to see Taokaka as top tier for once. Her new tools are amazing.

And I too want to learn Amane. Playing him makes me hungry for crisps something fierce.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Every time I use Azrael's distortion drive, my brain autocompletes his line as "Your flesh and bones… will know the true meaning of Christmas!"

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I might play a bit over the weekend but I'm kind of in the middle of playing like 3 other games but I am rusty as fuck and would love to get some practice in.

• Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    I will try to remember to add a bunch of people here, on the off chance I'm itching to fight at the same time as the thread this weekend. But I really want to fight! I am scrub/rust with everyone so will probably just random until I get my legs with someone. Add me!

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    After playing seven online matches and losing six of them, I officially declare myself to be a baddie.

Edit: Make that nine and eight, respectively

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Patch 1.1 is out in Arcades an should be hitting the consoles soon enough. Buffs the low tier characters, nerfs the high ones, and bumps Kokonoe down from shiny incandescent worshiped god.

Say that to her:
    m8lYy.png

She's still getting whacked with the nerf bat.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I'm demoting myself from baddie to garbage.

I knew I wasn't good at this game, but I really had no idea as to the extent.

• Options
    If anyone wants to play some matches, I'm online.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    My controller's X button broke, but I'm hoping to find my other controller sometime this weekend.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Is there a good controller recommendation for me to use at Evo since I can't use the DS3? I don't use stick.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    What don't you like about the DS3? So I can see if my recommendations are any good.

• Options
    It's banned from Evo.I would if I could. You can't use wireless controllers.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Oh...hmm...I'm not sure about wired PS3 controller.

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Is there a good controller recommendation for me to use at Evo since I can't use the DS3? I don't use stick.

The Fightpad controllers are wired. They also have a six-button face layout.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Getting a PS3 USB converter for a Dualshock 2 is probably the easiest solution.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Also, I don't have the game yet so I have a question:

Is there a version that includes the downloadable characters without buying them separately? The wording on the PSN digital version confuses me.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Buying a new copy gets you Terumi. Kokonoe unlocks only through DLC. Kaguraunlocks through beating the story mode or paying $2 and also getting his alternate colors.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Also, I don't have the game yet so I have a question:

Is there a version that includes the downloadable characters without buying them separately? The wording on the PSN digital version confuses me.

The PSN doesn't come with any DLC characters. If you had pre-ordered the PSN version, you'd get Kokonoe for free, but of course, that's no longer possible, so Kokonoe is DLC only.

Terumi comes with all first-print physical copies of the game. This is currently the ONLY way to get him, as the DLC won't be available on the marketplace until later (late May? I forget)

Emperor_Z on
  • Options
    Thanks for the answers! Sounds like I'll order myself a boxed copy. My PSN tag is the same as it is here on the forums if any of you feel like fighting a rusty scumbag.

• Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    I'm a bit sad they are still making their dlc so high cost wise every game.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat