Options

[League of Legends] Yeah, Hargaad skipped Diana, so how about you Rengar more about it.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Someone know of a good guide for Urgot? Haven't played him in a long time.
    Don't bother, Riot nerfed him into the ground and he's pretty much useless now.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Diana is so dumb. They should just hotfix these nerfs in because someone with that much damage and that tankiness is just like...how did it get through beta?

Does Rengar's stealth have a fade time at all? Because the amount of times he just instantly vanishes and walks off anytime I'm about to kill him gets more than a little bit irritating.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    Diana is so dumb. They should just hotfix these nerfs in because someone with that much damage and that tankiness is just like...how did it get through beta?

Does Rengar's stealth have a fade time at all? Because the amount of times he just instantly vanishes and walks off anytime I'm about to kill him gets more than a little bit irritating.

At least he has to walk away, and it's his ULT. *stares at Shaco*

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Have not found this to be the case at all.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

He is still good, just not as easy to shut down ad carries as he used to be.

Always level q first, then shield. This lets you keep them in range longer and eventually they'll try to kill you and shields are useful.

Items in bot lane. Double dorans always works, into brutalizer and frozen heart. Defensive boots based on the enemy team. Maw and banshees are always good on him. You're going to abuse manamune and tanky items like ryze does, to just sit there and eat up their team while being too tough to kill first.

Always make sure to spread your passive like a social disease. 15% damage debuff is huge.

Use your shield after lock on. The slow procs through q.

Dont be afraid to initiate with your ult. If you grab a squishy member they will die in moments.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Jungle Garen is doable, but is objectively worse than Jax in pretty much every way imaginable.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    What's the Dominion intro guide @Talith recommends?

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I may have found someone to secure me a couple Sona codes.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I may have found someone to secure me a couple Sona codes.

The question is what you'll do with them.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Lord them over all of you.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Lord them over all of you.

That is code for "give them to Goumindong" right?

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    yo hit me up with mad arcane sona codes

i wanna make beep noises

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    So could Diana top be a thing? I tried it out tonight against a Lee Sin and it went surprisingly not-horrible.
    I started with boots+pots, then built philo stone, Tabi, Nashors, Malady, Spirit Visage, and Abyssal.
    The start was rough, harass ate up my mana pretty quickly.
    Then it evened out and I could actually sit and trade blows with him for a while if I was on cooldown.
    What are other top builds for her?

Hrmm, she's getting nerfed pretty hard. This might not be possible next week.

But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Thankfully they've confirmed that Arcade Sona won't be a PAX exclusive, it'll just be free from the codes they're giving away and be available in the store normally.

Because I want. Don't care how many points it is, I want. (Funny how it'll probably be normal-skin-priced, but it's probably more Legendary than some of the existing Legendary skins.)

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    currently Diana anywhere is a thing

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Caenem wrote: »
    So could Diana top be a thing? I tried it out tonight against a Lee Sin and it went surprisingly not-horrible.
    I started with boots+pots, then built philo stone, Tabi, Nashors, Malady, Spirit Visage, and Abyssal.
    Then it evened out and I could actually sit and trade blows with him for a while if I was on cooldown.

I've played her top. Its not as good because she doesn't really have an escape but its not unbearable.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Caenem wrote: »

I've played her top. Its not as good because she doesn't really have an escape but its not unbearable.

Ha.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I am in love with AP Teemo

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    What's the Dominion intro guide @Talith recommends?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2244698

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Interesting. Not sure how I feel about those Kat changes yet but the Q change is a good one.

The changes look fine to me.

I like the remake overall, but I don't feel comfortable with Kat suddenly seeing a bunch of changes. I was most comfortable with Kat as the sort-of stable, baseline underdog champion that wasn't considered competitive but wasn't total garbage either (and that you could do hilarious things with if you got your timing right).

I hope they don't keep changes coming for her every patch. :/

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Kat had problems the way veigar has problems. Your viability depends waaaay to much on the other team's comp.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Kat had problems the way veigar has problems. Your viability depends waaaay to much on the other team's comp.

katvsstun.png

I disagree.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    LefLef Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    dumb question, where are the mlg vods for this weekend?
    I have gold membership but can't find them.

Lef on
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Wow. Dignitas just screwed up their picks. Sivir, Vayne, Yorik, Karthus, and Maokai.

E: And paid for it, as Dynamic picks up an easy game 1

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    SpoonySpoony Registered User regular
    Dignitas just lost game 2 against TD.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure how a screenshot from Season 1, possibly even pre-Season 1, is particularly relevant to a current discussion of Kat and Veigar.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Wow, that was the biggest throw by TD since their first game against Dignitas as Monomaniac way back in IPL4. Letting 2 Barons get stolen. Not using bot lane pushing supers to split up Dig when sieging open inhibs. Getting walled and walled and walled and walled when overaggressing.

Zyrxil on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    The Ender wrote: »

* irrelevant screenshot*

I disagree.

Kat was a pub stomp champ that required you to snowball to be effective. You can post victory screens all day but all it proves is that she snowballs well. (Posting stuff from THAT long ago is silly as well, I mean you aren't even in the current meta with that one.) The changes gave her a much better way to farm, lane push, staying power in a fight, and a much more stable damage output. It also lets you harass with her more effectively without having to go all in along with allowing you to do good damage without utilizing your ult. This lets you time your ult much more effectively and forces the enemy to be much more aware of what you are doing instead of just stunning or silencing you the second you go in because they know the ult is coming. The changes also greatly increased her dueling power which she sorely needed since once she blew her shunpo/BB/Ult if the enemy wasn't dead, she was about to be. With SS, and the Damage reduction always applying on Shunpo she can stay in a duel and come out as victor.

Her viability before was entirely based on team comp and snowballing early (Or playing against bad people) now she is much more stable and is in a much better balanced state that doesn't require snowball, is more flexible in team comp, and allows her to farm up if she gets behind instead of just being completely shut down.

All in all it was a good direction they took her and one that brings her back enough that you can pick her without your team getting pissed off. In fact I think she is powerful enough now in mid that only a few mids can counter her, which was quite a bit different than her previous setup.

Here is a couple screens of new Kat being awesome which has no bearing on this conversation, but is awesome anyways.
    VZ9fX.jpg
    WP3Rh.jpg

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

* irrelevant screenshot*

I disagree.

Kat was a pub stomp champ that required you to snowball to be effective. You can post victory screens all day but all it proves is that she snowballs well. (Posting stuff from THAT long ago is silly as well, I mean you aren't even in the current meta with that one.) The changes gave her a much better way to farm, lane push, staying power in a fight, and a much more stable damage output. It also lets you harass with her more effectively without having to go all in along with allowing you to do good damage without utilizing your ult. This lets you time your ult much more effectively and forces the enemy to be much more aware of what you are doing instead of just stunning or silencing you the second you go in because they know the ult is coming. The changes also greatly increased her dueling power which she sorely needed since once she blew her shunpo/BB/Ult if the enemy wasn't dead, she was about to be. With SS, and the Damage reduction always applying on Shunpo she can stay in a duel and come out as victor.

Her viability before was entirely based on team comp and snowballing early (Or playing against bad people) now she is much more stable and is in a much better balanced state that doesn't require snowball, is more flexible in team comp, and allows her to farm up if she gets behind instead of just being completely shut down.

All in all it was a good direction they took her and one that brings her back enough that you can pick her without your team getting pissed off. In fact I think she is powerful enough now in mid that only a few mids can counter her, which was quite a bit different than her previous setup.

Here is a couple screens of new Kat being awesome which has no bearing on this conversation, but is awesome anyways.
    VZ9fX.jpg
    WP3Rh.jpg

How would you build her, the only "guide" I've found that has someone who seems to know what he's talking about is here.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/your-ap-katarina-du-couteau-resource-dont-play-with-knives-61072

The pros still seem to be pretty meh on her. I figure since Ren looks like he'll be tweaked, Diana is getting nerfed hard, and AD carries are going to be obliterated with each successive patch, after the rework they can only buff her up from where she is now.

EDIT I still think it's stupid that the Ult only hits 3 people though. If you're trying to give the neemy team girveous wounds so thier Soraka can't save them it makes sense to let you hit them all. Grievous should probably be on Sinister Steel then.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    The pros still seem to be pretty meh on her. I figure since Ren looks like he'll be tweaked, Diana is getting nerfed hard, and AD carries are going to be obliterated with each successive patch, after the rework they can only buff her up from where she is now.

I know he's not doing that well in the normal mode, but Rengar's legitimately scary in Dominion and any buffs to him are going to make him absolutely horrifying there.

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    How could he be? There's little to no brush near cap points.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Free armor pen makes burst damage people really really scary in general on dom.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

* irrelevant screenshot*

I disagree.

VZ9fX.jpg
    WP3Rh.jpg

How would you build her, the only "guide" I've found that has someone who seems to know what he's talking about is here.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/your-ap-katarina-du-couteau-resource-dont-play-with-knives-61072

EDIT I still think it's stupid that the Ult only hits 3 people though. If you're trying to give the neemy team girveous wounds so thier Soraka can't save them it makes sense to let you hit them all. Grievous should probably be on Sinister Steel then.

The ult hits the three closest people, so you'll always be able to get the Grevious wounds on the main target you are going for, the other two you need to be mindful of your positioning.

As for builds those screens I posted are good examples of what I like to build on her, for masteries I do 21/0/9 if I remember correctly. I'll have to check my rune set later as I don't recll off hadn what I get on her.

Also I tend to go QEWQQR at first and then alternate between Q and W maxing shunpo last. Having shunpo at lvl 2 is important for harass and avoiding early ganks.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    How could he be? There's little to no brush near cap points.

There is, however, a lot of brush pretty much everywhere else on the map. Free ArPen makes his burst hurt more, high rate of death makes his snowball item build stacks quicker, low visibility means his ult is more useful... He's ranked as "perma-ban status" in the guide that Talith linked to, so I'm guessing it's not just my impression of him.

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Fair enough.
    Going back to look at his kit, I feel kind of dumb. :-X

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

* irrelevant screenshot*

I disagree.

VZ9fX.jpg
    WP3Rh.jpg

The ult hits the three closest people, so you'll always be able to get the Grevious wounds on the main target you are going for, the other two you need to be mindful of your positioning.

As for builds those screens I posted are good examples of what I like to build on her, for masteries I do 21/0/9 if I remember correctly. I'll have to check my rune set later as I don't recll off hadn what I get on her.

Also I tend to go QEWQQR at first and then alternate between Q and W maxing shunpo last. Having shunpo at lvl 2 is important for harass and avoiding early ganks.

How do you feel about the Abyssal change? I would think it would make it harder to poke with Blades for better damage.

EDIT http://leaguecraft.com/builder/katarina/?items=75,108,91,84,94,11&runes=11,11,11,11,11,11,11,11,11,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,63,98,98,98,98,98,98,98,98,98,102,102,102&level=18&masteries=1330040001000404102024001000000000000000000000000&fspells=true

This is what I'm thinking about for now. Last item can be turned into a Deathcap, provided I can scrounge up that much money. I should be able to pop at least one guy with the combo without using the gunblade and the other two should be pretty low. If i can last about 10 seconds because of that aegis, I can unload one more time before going down. In theory.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DewgyDewgy Registered User regular
    That arcade Sona skin makes me want to do so many bad things for it. I will get one no matter what I have to do!

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    It'll be in the store.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    It'll be in the store.

I wonder if they take returns on half sacrificed goats.

• Options
    Hige KidHige Kid Registered User regular
    I dunno if you guys are watching, but Dignitas and Curse are playing ARAM in the MLG final. own3d.tv/MLG

This discussion has been closed.