As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo III: 1.05 PTR notes, Enchantress no longer worth keeping around

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    Raslin wrote: »
    I've geared my newly 60 monk for about 5m. Feel like I've hit a brick wall in the midfle of act 3 though. No char. link because I'm at work, but I'm running crit build with roughly

1k LoH
    920 all res
    4700 armour(Tiny, I know)
    25k dps before any buffs
    28 crit, 300% dmg
    32k hp

What should I try to focus on, more armour? Worth losing out on some all res? I do run resolve, so that should be helping with survivability.

I meant to reply on this earlier. You could lose a little bit of that all resist and put it into some more armor.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    I've geared my newly 60 monk for about 5m. Feel like I've hit a brick wall in the midfle of act 3 though. No char. link because I'm at work, but I'm running crit build with roughly

1k LoH
    920 all res
    25k dps before any buffs
    28 crit, 300% dmg
    32k hp

What should I try to focus on, more armour? Worth losing out on some all res? I do run resolve, so that should be helping with survivability.

Those stats should be fine to get you through A3. What build are you running?

Pretty standard, lets see if I can remember names.

Thunderclap
    SSS(Extra dmg)
    Serenity(4 seconds)
    Mantra of... Conviction? The 24/48% dmg one
    The heal with 15% dmg bonus
    And crit tornados

Then resolve, OwE, seize the initiative

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    BountyHunterBountyHunter Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Am I the only one who hates the Act 2 caves (at least when not playing a melee)? There are a lot of very narrow areas which can make things like Waller into a functional Jailer. It's not at all uncommon to have a bad elite pack spawn really close to the entrance (which is often a narrow pathway). There are fucking annoying slime traps everywhere -- both the ones on the ground and the ones on the wall with like 250k health that you have to kill but that don't drop anything. There seem to be a bunch of holes where you'll get the annoying, piecemeal bat spawns. There also seem to be a lot more dead-ends/backtracks in them than almost any other area template except for the Act 3 dungeons and those other two annoying zones in the "Hell" part of Act 2.

I did an A2 farm run on my monk last night. Even with my 800 resist all the caves and dungeons proved to be a hassle with their narrow areas. A waller( combined with any of the following: arcane enchanted, molten, desecrator, or even plagued) meant nearly instant death.

Not to mention Belial and ZK dropped utter shit for me, the run was almost a net loss in gold.

What are your armor, health, what life gain mechanic are you using, and what level is that at?

You should be able to almost face tank act 2 with 800 all resist if your armor is 7000+, you have at least 30k life, and some reliable healing mechanic that's not a skill.

This is my monk in my tank set. My HP is a little on the low side, which doesn't help things at all.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Phender-1108/hero/4991492

I have another 1h which gives me another 400 LoH and more dex/vit. That's what I normally roll with.

edit: I was commenting on Forty's dislike for tight corridors. I get trapped and can't do anything. Then the elites just lay on the deadly AoE and I'm toast.

edit 2: I just noticed the DPS on the character profile is a little off. With buffs, I have about 21k DPS.

This game continues to be fascinating from a characterization standpoint.

You have better stats all-around than my monk, yet I can somehow faceroll everything up to Diablo dual-wielding fist weapons. The only real difference is that I recently got up to 24.5k dps. But in every other area, you have eclipsed mine.

edit: I also have 0 LoH and 0 +crit damage. I'm sitting at 21% crit chance, and about 21% IAS.

With no Loh? wow .. whats your Battletag?

D3: iNaddict#1252
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/iNaddict
    PSN: iNaddict
  • Options
    quaigyquaigy Registered User regular
    Hey guys, i found this but i know nothing about barbs items. Is it worth something ? I haven't found anything like it on the AH.

vRCSu.png

• Options
    MatzMatz Bronze Grandmaster FurieRegistered User regular
    quaigy wrote: »
    Hey guys, i found this but i know nothing about barbs items. Is it worth something ? I haven't found anything like it on the AH.

vRCSu.png

I would say it is worth selling. I don't think you are talking mega bucks (I could be wrong). If it had vit or % life and armour it would be very good.

2-5M maybe?

2uenpg3.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options
    quaigyquaigy Registered User regular
    Nah i don't use the RMAH. Thanks for the quick answer !

<crawls back in his corner and lurks>

• Options
    MatzMatz Bronze Grandmaster FurieRegistered User regular
    quaigy wrote: »
    Nah i don't use the RMAH. Thanks for the quick answer !

<crawls back in his corner and lurks>

I was talking gold AH. But it might be best to get another opinion. I could be way out!

2uenpg3.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    I got a 2H crossbow with 1140ish DPS and 115 vit on it. Rather than AH it, is there a DH here starting inferno who could use it? Just send me a PM and it's yours :)

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

1k LoH
    920 all res
    25k dps before any buffs
    28 crit, 300% dmg
    32k hp

Thunderclap
    SSS(Extra dmg)
    Serenity(4 seconds)
    And crit tornados

Mobs hit hard enough in A3 that you need a little bit more defense than that. Use Evasion Mantra (Armor bonus rune) and maybe take out Thunderclap for Deadly Reach/Keen Eye.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Matz wrote: »
    HexDex wrote: »
    Smoogy wrote: »
    I've only been giving answers to the questions asked, why so mad?

I don't think anyone is actually mad. We all know people play a lot and some people a huge amount of time. Personally I just found the way you wrote it amusingly robotic in that:

1. He plays 14 hours a day.
    2. He runs Act 3 four times an hour.
    3. He picks up only 63's and legendaries.
    4. He does not brag (or show emotion). This is just what he does (as a robot).

I find it amusing that persons think this a problematic approach to gaming. Given that any particular game is just a closed system of code with which a user interacts, it seems like approaching the code in a mechanized fashion is most appropriate.

Gaming is manipulation of a system. Players simply enter data. You click a button to make the system do something.

I'm not sure why so many persons are compelled to posit illusions on top of that. Or why they strive so damn hard against the notion that they, themselves, are simply robotic mechanisms who input commands to maximize their exp, drops, etc. They want it to be about some sort of "gaming experience", some organic exchange between their person and a character within a virtual environment rather than a concatenation of button pressing and rule following.

Diablo 3 is a very elaborate version of Tetris on a very elaborate graphic calculator.

If you want to pretend like you're having a damn fantasy adventure as you fight forces of evil that's fine, I guess.

But please stop mocking individuals who recognize that it's just the manipulation of a fucking graphical user interface for the sake of increasing numbers on a database.

Because the "robots" are correct. You're the mistaken party engaged in self-delusion.

Just keep that in mind when you mock persons who turn a profit.

Not that I really want to re-start this discussion (have been off the forums) but seriously?

Don't get me wrong - I understand what you are saying about efficiency and gaming. But YES I do want to have a damn fantasy adventure and enjoy the gaming experience. That's a good part of the reason I play.

And I will mock who I want thank you very much (in a light-hearted way). I don't care if he makes a profit or why I should keep that in mind.

And we were doing so well just ignoring this outburst...hopefully everyone else just does what you obviously couldn't.

Fair enough.

@hexdex I actually spent about 2M on a new mace last night. About the same dps, +250 str, +99% crit and a socket. Skeleton King went down in about 5 seconds. Kind of wishing I had levelled my barb earlier!

To borrow from one of my favorite comedians...

Let me just be clear here. I'm not saying that barbarians are better. I'm saying that being a barbarian is clearly better! Who could even argue? If you play a barbarian and you don't admit it's great, you're an asshole!

@Chen Grats! You've got balls of steel!

Ah yes - Lewis CK. He is excellent! Plus you know, a white barbarian. I'll take that again thanks.

Don't know whether it is a combination of being a barb, the general mob difficulty nerfs, or simply it being my second character (so have access to some funds) but have had a total breeze* through inferno to date despite only hitting 60 a couple of days ago. Steamed through the rest of Act 1 and most of the way through Act 2 with zero deaths. Even cruised through the caves in desolate sands without any problems. I've still got a lot of scope for upgrades to my gear as well and only rolling with about 47k dps.

Quite enjoying having both rend/blood lust and revenge. Two forms of healing on skills that already put out heavy damage is useful. Rend can also be used when revenge is not up either.

*Apart from some terrible lag when inquisitor77 joined me!

I love Louie CK, he kills.

I think it's all those things really. The game simply is easier now, plus loot is more plentiful, and the dps skills are viable now which makes running a barb a blast. Back before 1.0.3 though, that was not the case, let me tell you. haha.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    edited August 2012

1k LoH
    920 all res
    25k dps before any buffs
    28 crit, 300% dmg
    32k hp

Thunderclap
    SSS(Extra dmg)
    Serenity(4 seconds)
    And crit tornados

As GKJay said, your gear is more than adequate to clear inferno. For monks I have found still, more than any gear, spec matters most.

To second GKJay, swap out thunderclap for Deadly Reach with Keen Eye, swap out Conviction for Evasion with Hard Target, and I would swap SSS for Blind, and you would be good to go to run all the way up to the big D and kick him over.

As your gear improves you'll get more latitude to move back to the fun skills and away from the cookie cutter monk spec.

HexDex on

• Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    After getting another lvl 62 legendary that sold for sub-1m (warmonger), I decided to buy another one-hander and change my gear around to increase crit chance (lowered my mf by 40) and change my build to WW-sprint. Now I'm doing act 3 and I gotta say, I really had no fucking clue how good this build is before trying it. It's just amazing, on my first run there was a point where I took on three elite packs and killed them all faster than I could kill one elite pack with my prior build in act 2.

The xp is amazing also, I got 15 million on the run. Paragon 15 now.

Anyway, here's the gear I'm rolling in and my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hoz-1604/hero/855280

And the one-hander I bought, the one I'm using in my main hand, I got for 300k.

Hoz on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Hoz wrote: »
    After getting another lvl 62 legendary that sold for sub-1m (warmonger), I decided to buy another one-hander and change my gear around to increase crit chance (lowered my mf by 40) and change my build to WW-sprint. Now I'm doing act 3 and I gotta say, I really had no fucking clue how good this build is before trying it. It's just amazing, on my first run there was a point where I took on three elite packs and killed them all faster than I could kill one elite pack with my prior build in act 2.

Anyway, here's the gear I'm rolling in and my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hoz-1604/hero/855280

Yeah, I was like "might as well do one farm run with the cookie cutter build" and was like "whoa". Couple it with leap/iron impact and you have everything including escapes. I just need some more movespeed and crit to run the perma-Wrath rune

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    hoz that's hot

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Anid MaroAnid Maro Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »

Yeah, I was like "might as well do one farm run with the cookie cutter build" and was like "whoa". Couple it with leap/iron impact and you have everything including escapes. I just need some more movespeed and crit to run the perma-Wrath rune

Yeah, WW build is pretty hot. I ran it for a bit in 1.3x and it's quite the rush to pull an entire floor of the keep in Act III like it ain't no thang.

It's just... I don't want to fart enemies to death, that's kinda lame no matter how effective it is.

The good news is with respectable DPS and some lifesteal the new Rend is pretty sweet. Running that along with the Sever for massive life on kill, been pretty fun.

• Options
    Anid Maro wrote: »

Yeah, WW build is pretty hot. I ran it for a bit in 1.3x and it's quite the rush to pull an entire floor of the keep in Act III like it ain't no thang.

It's just... I don't want to fart enemies to death, that's kinda lame no matter how effective it is.

The good news is with respectable DPS and some lifesteal the new Rend is pretty sweet. Running that along with the Sever for massive life on kill, been pretty fun.

your description is lol.

• Options
    edited August 2012

your description is lol.

He's pretty accurate though. That's exactly how I feel when I am playing that spec. lol.

I hear this in my head when ever I do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

HexDex on

• Options
    HexDex wrote: »

your description is lol.

He's pretty accurate though. That's exactly how I feel when I am playing that spec. lol.

I hear this in my head when ever I do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ
    ahahahah..

• Options
    ExpigatorExpigator Registered User regular
    Speaking to the monks here, i have zero LOH and only 34k dps but I manage Act 3 pretty easily. I have around mid 700s resist and 4500 armor dual wielding. It's not killing mobs that's been a problem for my monk, it's getting enough mf on gear with a stat that helps with OWE without paying a trillion dollars. My DH can do everything my monk can do faster and with more mf...okay except maybe survive but that's beside the point!

"Look out here comes"..."Susan"..."Suuuuuuuuuuuuusan".
    "Woah, I just scared myself!"
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    So I've got 10mil to play with now and am looking to make my Barb more Act 3 viable. My gear is not great, anybody have any suggestions for priorities? I definitely need to replace his fucking terrible rings.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zek-1623/hero/3108345

Zek on
  • Options
    Zek wrote: »
    So I've got 10mil to play with now and am looking to make my Barb more Act 3 viable. My gear is not great, anybody have any suggestions for priorities? I definitely need to replace his fucking terrible rings.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zek-1623/hero/3108345
    I'd say your amulet, bracers, and obviously rings are your weakest links. Gotta get some offense on that amulet, crit, crit damage, something. Main stats only are no bueno. Then your boots and chest. Need some str on those boots, and some native vit for your chest so you can stack str.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Expigator wrote: »
    Speaking to the monks here, i have zero LOH and only 34k dps but I manage Act 3 pretty easily. I have around mid 700s resist and 4500 armor dual wielding. It's not killing mobs that's been a problem for my monk, it's getting enough mf on gear with a stat that helps with OWE without paying a trillion dollars. My DH can do everything my monk can do faster and with more mf...okay except maybe survive but that's beside the point!

Yes, everything for me that's an upgrade is now so much more expensive because I want to add MF in. Typically, most pieces will be worse than what I have if I want to add MF to the set, since there's really no way to maintain the dex/arcane/all resist levels and also have MF on a piece. But the good thing is, I don't really need the dex/resists I currently have.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    WydrionWydrion Registered User regular
    Paragon level news 8/30:

Alkaizer up 3 plevels to 76. I think we're really beginning to see the level slowdown.

AlkalineED died at plevel 35. May he be forever remembered as... that guy with an unfortunate affix on his name. His replacement is a level 31 Barbarian so we see nothing new here. There was also a Wizard death at plvl 22 further down the rankings.

There's also an exploit where people can 'spoof' their way onto the Paragon level board. What they do is they upload themselves with stats that would equate to Paragon Level 90+, log out, auction off the equipment they're wearing, and then the site has conflicting character information. Fairly straightforward.

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    I keep forgetting to post my profile for review. I feel like I could be killing a lot faster if I went to a non-pet build, but pets are the only reason I wanted to play Witch Doctor in the first place, so that's kind of an odd feeling.

I've actually taken to just farming straight acts instead of certain areas. I've gotten more legendaries from chests and white mobs in the first place anyway that I guess I just don't think there's enough of an incentive to even farm rare packs specifically. Out of I think 5 or 6 legendaries that I've seen drop, only one of them came from a rare mob. Does that seem like the norm for most of you?

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Out of I think 5 or 6 legendaries that I've seen drop

No, totally abnormal. I've seen 1. :P

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

Yes, everything for me that's an upgrade is now so much more expensive because I want to add MF in. Typically, most pieces will be worse than what I have if I want to add MF to the set, since there's really no way to maintain the dex/arcane/all resist levels and also have MF on a piece. But the good thing is, I don't really need the dex/resists I currently have.

I'm just not bothering with MF gear. It's infinitely more satisfying to get another stat I need rather than one that's slowly becoming obsolete. I load up my follower with as much mf gear as we can manage and just do my runs from there. I suppose the gear I'm getting is not as good, but eh. I haven't seen that.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I've seen none since patch, and two (low level and crappy) ones before patch.

Someone critique my WD. Smrt#1173
    I can now farm act 3 and can solo anything in game except inf Diablo. But it feels like I have a lot I could improve on.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012

I'm just not bothering with MF gear. It's infinitely more satisfying to get another stat I need rather than one that's slowly becoming obsolete. I load up my follower with as much mf gear as we can manage and just do my runs from there. I suppose the gear I'm getting is not as good, but eh. I haven't seen that.

I mean, it's slowly becoming "obsolete," but I'm paragon level 10 which is a measly 30%. I have 17% and 12% on my belt and ring (which I downgraded to add the MF), then I get 12% from my follower. So I'm looking at a base of 71% before NV. Since most of my farming is going to take place sub-Paragon level 100, as I doubt I will EVER get there (I'll be lucky to get to 30), I want more bang for my farming runs at this time. Since Act 3 is still relatively a breeze, i can lose some survivability to up my MF; I just can't afford it at the moment, haha. But I think not worrying about MF is perfectly fine too; it's all player choice.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options

I mean, it's slowly becoming "obsolete," but I'm paragon level 10 which is a measly 30%. I have 17% and 12% on my belt and ring (which I downgraded to add the MF), then I get 12% from my follower. So I'm looking at a base of 71% before NV. Since most of my farming is going to take place sub-Paragon level 100, as I doubt I will EVER get there (I'll be lucky to get to 30), I want more bang for my farming runs at this time. Since Act 3 is still relatively a breeze, i can lose some survivability to up my MF; I just can't afford it at the moment, haha. But I think not worrying about MF is perfectly fine too; it's all player choice.

Yeah definitely, obviously people still stack MF and it's going to take forever to get to PL100 (or hell, even PL50) for almost everyone, so it makes sense if you want to keep the stat.

I had an mf set sitting in my bank that I hadn't used since pre-1.0.3. I was never wild about switching gear and I suppose I gimped myself by not doing it but I just never cared that much since it's a video game. So I just ditched it (all fairly crappy gear otherwise)

I joined a friend's game the other day and a legendary ring dropped off the first random trash we fought. Sold it for 6.5 mil and probably could've gotten more for it. I like big numbers, watching mobs melt, etc. I actually really enjoy the skill planning and the gameplay. So I'd rather have more crit % and crit damage than mfind.

• Options
    edited August 2012

Yeah definitely, obviously people still stack MF and it's going to take forever to get to PL100 (or hell, even PL50) for almost everyone, so it makes sense if you want to keep the stat.

I had an mf set sitting in my bank that I hadn't used since pre-1.0.3. I was never wild about switching gear and I suppose I gimped myself by not doing it but I just never cared that much since it's a video game. So I just ditched it (all fairly crappy gear otherwise)

I joined a friend's game the other day and a legendary ring dropped off the first random trash we fought. Sold it for 6.5 mil and probably could've gotten more for it. I like big numbers, watching mobs melt, etc. I actually really enjoy the skill planning and the gameplay. So I'd rather have more crit % and crit damage than mfind.

Well that's the thing, to keep the dmg and add the MF ;) That's why I don't sacrifice crit or crit damage, just vit/resists. And some small amounts of dex, but since I have over +2100 it's not a huge loss.

Edit: Oh and, yeah, no way am I going through the hassle of MF switching. And what I really need to get is some freaking gold pickup radius, haha.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    The nice thing about MF is that you get better items, turn those items into gold, and then get better gear :) So I'm slowly phasing out my MF gear as I level while saving up for BiS pieces.

Got a second Sun Keeper just now:

screenshot004cde.th.jpg

• Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    I've seen none since patch, and two (low level and crappy) ones before patch.

Someone critique my WD. Smrt#1173
    I can now farm act 3 and can solo anything in game except inf Diablo. But it feels like I have a lot I could improve on.

Link your diablo3.com profile.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    sanstodo wrote: »
    The nice thing about MF is that you get better items, turn those items into gold, and then get better gear :) So I'm slowly phasing out my MF gear as I level while saving up for BiS pieces.

screenshot004cde.th.jpg

I hate you and your luck. :|

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    sanstodo wrote: »

screenshot004cde.th.jpg

I hate you and your luck. >:|

This one isn't as good (the other has a dmg roll in the 900s) but hopefully this will sell.

I'm not sure if this is luck or just a good MF %, fast run rate, and a bit of free time at the moment :)

• Options
    It's probably a mix of all three. Come next Tuesday I start my college classes so my free time will severely plummet. I might as well just tell people I won't have any free time.

I guess I just need to get in as much game-time as humanly possible this weekend.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Watching someone get 5 legendaries in a day that doesn't wear MF gear makes me a sad panda.
    (Also [Chat] is making me a sad panda today because it's a political clusterfuck and not entertaining in the least)

I think I'm gonna switch back to my barbarian tonight and play around with a WW build.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Am I the only one who hates the Act 2 caves (at least when not playing a melee)? There are a lot of very narrow areas which can make things like Waller into a functional Jailer. It's not at all uncommon to have a bad elite pack spawn really close to the entrance (which is often a narrow pathway). There are fucking annoying slime traps everywhere -- both the ones on the ground and the ones on the wall with like 250k health that you have to kill but that don't drop anything. There seem to be a bunch of holes where you'll get the annoying, piecemeal bat spawns. There also seem to be a lot more dead-ends/backtracks in them than almost any other area template except for the Act 3 dungeons and those other two annoying zones in the "Hell" part of Act 2.

I did an A2 farm run on my monk last night. Even with my 800 resist all the caves and dungeons proved to be a hassle with their narrow areas. A waller( combined with any of the following: arcane enchanted, molten, desecrator, or even plagued) meant nearly instant death.

Not to mention Belial and ZK dropped utter shit for me, the run was almost a net loss in gold.

What are your armor, health, what life gain mechanic are you using, and what level is that at?

You should be able to almost face tank act 2 with 800 all resist if your armor is 7000+, you have at least 30k life, and some reliable healing mechanic that's not a skill.

This is my monk in my tank set. My HP is a little on the low side, which doesn't help things at all.

I have another 1h which gives me another 400 LoH and more dex/vit. That's what I normally roll with.

edit: I was commenting on Forty's dislike for tight corridors. I get trapped and can't do anything. Then the elites just lay on the deadly AoE and I'm toast.

edit 2: I just noticed the DPS on the character profile is a little off. With buffs, I have about 21k DPS.

You have better stats all-around than my monk, yet I can somehow faceroll everything up to Diablo dual-wielding fist weapons. The only real difference is that I recently got up to 24.5k dps. But in every other area, you have eclipsed mine.

edit: I also have 0 LoH and 0 +crit damage. I'm sitting at 21% crit chance, and about 21% IAS.

us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/LTM-1597/hero/824760

This is in what I was using for act1 last time I played. I swap out helm and belt for "progression."

• Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Your gear is sex on a plane just because of how good it is while having mf. But I wouldn't use that weapon. I have an 840 dps wd dagger with a socket that you can have, that is if it hasn't sold on the auction house. I've been trying to sell it for days and no one is biting, not sure why. Anyway, just add an awesome off-hand and you'll get a huge boost to dps.

• Options
    edited August 2012

us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/LTM-1597/hero/824760

This is in what I was using for act1 last time I played. I swap out helm and belt for "progression."

No LoH but that's a lot of life regen! If you got some socketed/crit damage wpns you'd pump up your dmg considerably.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

This discussion has been closed.