Options

Here I am, rock you like a Hurricane Isaac

124»

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    They fixed the levees after last time, right?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    Everyone still alive?

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »

*snort*

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

lmao

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Well, ended up evacuating, primarily because my 95-year old grandmother that lives with us wouldn't have survived in the Louisiana heat for days without power.

Currently in a little town called Kinder about 20 miles north of Lake Charles at a relative's place.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    The bad beat jackpot at Coushatta's in the poker room is supposed to be huge, @maximumzero

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular

*snort*

What's the problem with the levees?

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    here's something i saw earlier on the weather channel website for real y'all

20v0to0.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

20v0to0.png

Failed to come up with a joke about "busting a whitecap"

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

20v0to0.png

That's just offensive

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    It probably started as "will Issac be a drought buster?" Editor asleep at the wheel. Or editor being mischievous.

MKR on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Driving home. Just saw a baby stroller being blown down the highway.

I

hmm

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    I started my intercept of Issac in Gulfport, MS and have since filmed it along the Gulf Coast. I moved to Bay of St. Louis, MS next an then through NOLA and now am about to be in the eye in Houma, LA.

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Currently in the eye wall, getting winds gusting to hurricane force and documenting minor damage around town in Houma, LA. The power is out to most of the city here.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Chimera wrote: »
    Currently in the eye wall, getting winds gusting to hurricane force and documenting minor damage around town in Houma, LA. The power is out to most of the city here.

I don't know whether you do this for work or as a hobby, but regardless, I think it is equal parts interesting, awesome and insane.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    I do it for both! It was a hobby turned into a job.

• Options
    I have the car shutdown to save on gas. It sounds sooooooooooooo horrifying right now with the winds pushing through the power lines and trees. That sound, plus the sounds of different stuff breaking or being stressed by the winds paints a quite scary setting. I love it! Right now I am not so certain that I will get much time in the eye proper as the storm is starting to turn to the sw again. It is also moving very VERY slowly so I will be sleeping in the car now to get some rest before daylight.

• Options
    Still sitting in the eye in Houma, LS. I am thinking that I am going to head back to NOLA as they are in the strongest part of the eye wall.

• Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    If you have a camera, it would be fun to get some live footage.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    She would be the worst stormchaser ever if she didn't have one.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Fuck this storm is moving slow as Christmas. Leave the Gulf Coast alone you asshole storm.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    juIMtl.jpg

Got a pool to use at our evacuated spot at least.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    jJL7yl.jpg

Gumbo!

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    i've already had a slight cold

but all this wind is kicking up something in the air and i have not stopped sneezing

and having to sneeze when you gotta poop is fucking dangerous

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    @Chimera, you should do a massive Isaac dump in the photography thread when you get back.

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    That gumbo looks amazing. Now I need to find/make gumbo

• Options
    I do have a camera and I am doing live video but the location of it on the web is a secret! :D

I also will dump some stills but this rain has been murder on my T2i and it failed me. I have over 20gigs of HD video I shot from Mississippi and Louisiana but to keep my rl info safe I may edit out the sound and post some parts of it on here for you.

I am just a bit paranoid and all with my job in the media.

• Options
    Right now I am pulling out, my schedule is tight and I need to be back in Tulsa, OK by noon tomorrow so I am heading north out of Louisiana and on my way home. Still getting hurricane force gusts and I have just narrowly escaped massive flooding from Lake Pontchartrain when heading around the western and southwestern coasts. The levees are doing their job swimmingly and are keeping the surge from getting into NOLA. Southeast of NOLA that is not the case and some of the non-federal and non-Corp. of Engineers levees have been over topped and extreme flooding is beginning to be an issue. There is also light to moderate damage in and around NOLA from the winds.

One thing that is neat to see is that as I drove into the hurricane the opposite lanes were flooded with evacuees. Now as I leave the storm the lanes opposite to mine are filled with power crews and linemen streaming in after the storm to return power to those who have lost it.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    547220_480566258621024_158001519_n.jpg

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    hmm so the eye of this storm appeared to directly pass over my grandparents trailer in Gray, LA

no word yet on how they are doing