As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]NICE is full. Draygo's guild too. Ask Entaru about Candymancers on Aspenwood.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    CostanzaK wrote: »
    Okay, so I'm playing a Human Noble who's greatest regret was not joining the circus, and I only chose that because I'm a Mesmer. Now that I'm playing the Regret missions, they feel a little too silly for me to end up classifying them as being my real backstory.

One spoken phrase:
    "You're ordering me to join the Circus? You have no idea how long I've been wanting to hear that!"

That line alone was what told me that this was going to be a backstory I'm going to play through, but am not going to keep. I'm guessing I'll be restarting my Mesmer to go with something a little more serious. I like the idea of seeking out a potentially dead sibling after having my fun with the big top.

BEWARE THE GRIZWHIRL!

Rerolling over a story choice that only lasts 10 levels would be a mistake.

Also choosing something other than the greatest human story element is also a mistake.

What i'm saying is you are making a mistake if you delete your character over this.

grizwhirl

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    getting the hang of necromancer. Decided on staves and dual daggers, engage from range, dropping marks and when they get close, swap to daggers to open them up with debuffs and health stealing

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    As a Mesmer I don't really know what my group role is.

Doing great sword main and swapping around second sets. Working on unlocking staves right now.

All I know is that the utility spell to aoe tear boons off enemies and give them to allies is fantastic with groups

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Okay! Yesterday I mentioned that there's a SECRET PUZZLE ( secret puzzleeee) in the Thaumanova Reactor area.

I finally found the Youtube tutorial for it:

http://youtu.be/LKNzICBUzOs

WHAM

Now, my Asura is a little too low level for this right now (she's level 5) but once I've hit 10 or 15, who wants to try this?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    I'm wondering, if I buy one of the vanity sets can I using transmutation stones re-use them, or would I have to re-buy the set?

• Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    You can re-use them using transmutation stones.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Okay! Yesterday I mentioned that there's a SECRET PUZZLE ( secret puzzleeee) in the Thaumanova Reactor area.

WHAM

Now, my Asura is a little too low level for this right now (she's level 5) but once I've hit 10 or 15, who wants to try this?

Oh god I know this fight. It is the fire elemental of death and doom. Fuck that guy.

I want to beat him so much.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    @Kupi

I saw your post in the last thread and I have to agree. I feel like I'm controlling a tank. Granted, I am played as a Charr, but something still feels off. Cranking up camera speed helped a little bit. I'm hoping it's just a little laggy and will get better later. Otherwise I'm missing something too.

I know it has something to do with the relationship between character motion and keyboard inputs. I'm used to TF2 and SMNC, where all your movement impulses are relative to the direction the camera is facing. So I expect that when I click and drag to point the camera somewhere else, my character will turn to follow it and I can just keep holding down W to move in my new direction. But your character only realigns with the camera when you stop, hence my issues. That and I think A and D are the "rotate" keys by default and Q and E are the strafes, which is backward from my FPS-inspired intuition. That can be solved with a remapping, but I'm not sure what to do about wanting my character to point where I point the camera.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    As a Mesmer I don't really know what my group role is.

Doing great sword main and swapping around second sets. Working on unlocking staves right now.

All I know is that the utility spell to aoe tear boons off enemies and give them to allies is fantastic with groups

Your group role isn't really dependent on your profession; the profession you choose determines exactly how you pull off whatever group role you decide on, however.

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Kupi wrote: »
    @Kupi

I saw your post in the last thread and I have to agree. I feel like I'm controlling a tank. Granted, I am played as a Charr, but something still feels off. Cranking up camera speed helped a little bit. I'm hoping it's just a little laggy and will get better later. Otherwise I'm missing something too.

I know it has something to do with the relationship between character motion and keyboard inputs. I'm used to TF2 and SMNC, where all your movement impulses are relative to the direction the camera is facing. So I expect that when I click and drag to point the camera somewhere else, my character will turn to follow it and I can just keep holding down W to move in my new direction. But your character only realigns with the camera when you stop, hence my issues. That and I think A and D are the "rotate" keys by default and Q and E are the strafes, which is backward from my FPS-inspired intuition. That can be solved with a remapping, but I'm not sure what to do about wanting my character to point where I point the camera.

This will sound stupid, but are you using the left-mouse button? That just turns the camera. The right-mouse button turns the camera and your character.

All in all it doesn't appear to be any different from past MMOs to me. The only thing that is different is that your character will actually react to a change in direction or speed. As you would in real live.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Anyone else find that room/area in the sylvari starting zone that has all the lava and robots and teleporters?

edit: omfg I died last time I was in there and went back and there are floating platforms that you have to activate with controls and disappear after a little bit (timed platforming puzzle.) I need someone to try this with me.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Okay, is there some secret memo that went out to every other warrior but me? Why is practically every other warrior I see rocking flaming longswords and badass spiked pauldrons at like level 8? And they're not delevled either (or at least didn't have the little green down arrow). Is there some other way of getting gear in PvE outside of crafting/getting lucky drops? I'd just chalk it up to the trading post but that hasn't been working since launch, so that's out.

• Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    Anyone know what time GMT the pre-orders get in tomorrow?

• Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Okay, is there some secret memo that went out to every other warrior but me? Why is practically every other warrior I see rocking flaming longswords and badass spiked pauldrons at like level 8? And they're not delevled either (or at least didn't have the little green down arrow). Is there some other way of getting gear in PvE outside of crafting/getting lucky drops? I'd just chalk it up to the trading post but that hasn't been working since launch, so that's out.

Those would be Hall of Monuments rewards.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

WHAM

Oh god I know this fight. It is the fire elemental of death and doom. Fuck that guy.

I want to beat him so much.

The video is about another fight, that is super hidden. Props to whoever figured that out.

And fire elemental falls to some proper corpsezerging though, really feels like a lot of fights will come down to that in this game. Assuming they have more fights that are equally stupidly designed. Randomly covering the room in aoe that stuns you and 2 shots you is... not all that fun.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    @Kupi

This will sound stupid, but are you using the left-mouse button? That just turns the camera. The right-mouse button turns the camera and your character.

All in all it doesn't appear to be any different from past MMOs to me. The only thing that is different is that your character will actually react to a change in direction or speed. As you would in real live.

See, that kind of "stupid" response was exactly what I was looking for. That was exactly the obvious thing I was missing-- the game feels so much smoother now! Thanks a million.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    You can re-use them using transmutation stones.

Thank you!

Gota say I was pretty surprised to get keys from a few chests, if I understand it right you can also get other chests?

Seems like the economy here is amazingly deep. Whoever they brought on is earning his pay.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »

Those would be Hall of Monuments rewards.

Ahhh. Well, now I don't feel so bad then. Thank ye kindly.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    @Kupi

See, that kind of "stupid" response was exactly what I was looking for. That was exactly the obvious thing I was missing-- the game feels so much smoother now! Thanks a million.

Hah! Glad I could help. :P

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    The Q/E A/D switch is my bane in MMOs. Have to fix it every time I make a new character.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Hating how the game gets really stingy with enemy pop-in after a couple hours of play.

Yes game, clearly I need to see all of my allies in this massive zerg, but NONE of the enemies on the wall that are shooting at us.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    @World as Myth: Down for maintenance quaggan is best quaggan.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    The Q/E A/D switch is my bane in MMOs. Have to fix it every time I make a new character.

Huh, maybe that's the problem I'm experiencing when I'm trying to move and it feels so clunky.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    Hey, SE lurker here, how does one join NICE, since your all such upstanding nice guys?

Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »

Huh, maybe that's the problem I'm experiencing when I'm trying to move and it feels so clunky.

The default camera rotation speed is pretty atrocious too if you haven't adjusted it. I had to crank mine up to about half just to feel agile again.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    DudBolt wrote: »
    Hey, SE lurker here, how does one join NICE, since your all such upstanding nice guys?

You're going to have to wait for an invite, a lot of people can't get in right now because it's bugged.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    DudBolt wrote: »

Best way is to hop on TS and ask. Also hang out in TS.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Can anyone throw me an invite in game? Triple is my character.

• Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'd also like to join you whenever you can invite.
    grath.1279

I'm an engineer named Wibbley wobbley right now, but I'm still not sure which character i want to play the most.

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Grath wrote: »
    I'd also like to join you whenever you can invite.
    grath.1279

I'm an engineer named Wibbley wobbley right now, but I'm still not sure which character i want to play the most.

Looks like they are still down, I was in the guild but after doing a quest my represent turned off and I stopped seeing guild chat. Tried to leave and get reinvited but that didn't work either..

Not sure why it happens cause my friend is getting invites fom random guilds and is able to join.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    So, Sylvari - Asura interactions are the best thing. Not only do the Asura keep referring to us using plant epithets, but at I think the Asura gate in the Grove, you can hear the following conversation (as best as I remember it)

Asura: It was fine then you asked it who it's mother was and it seized up! You broke my golem!
    Sylvari: So are you it's mother?
    Asura: Am I it's... O_o No, no, I'm not gonna let you get in my head...

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    people talking about movement: stop keyboard turning. it'll feel better after that.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    Could anyone please post a quick screenshot of the PvP standings (b) for Aspenwood? Trying to convince a friend to join us, and his server is something like 40k vs 60k and 160k.

• Options
    Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    @TPSou I would guess it's midnight PST a la the 3 dayers and release. So 8amGMT.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    Protip:

Setting a dye as "Favorite" allows you to share it across all characters.

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Saphier wrote: »
    Could anyone please post a quick screenshot of the PvP standings (b) for Aspenwood? Trying to convince a friend to join us, and his server is something like 40k vs 60k and 160k.

we suck right now, too. consistently 3rd place except one time when we were barely second.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Well the higher i get the more people are turning into MMO Jerks. Got ambushed by 3 higher levels and a group of 5 people use it to run by me to the next area leaving me to die. Was fighting to capture an objective and 10 people around me with no rez. etc etc etc.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Yea, from the brief glimpse I looked at, we were rather solidly in last.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So I was playing a charr engie, but I just made an asuri necro and I'm having more fun with this guy. The necro spells look awesome, and I like the asuri's starting area a lot more than the charrs.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Gah. Anyone know where I can buy celery sticks? None of the vendors on the wiki actually has it.

This discussion has been closed.