As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Doctor Who]: Still Not Ginger, After All These Years

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Whelp, I finally have BBC America, so I might actually be able to watch this show on for-reals TV :P Think they will re-air the second half of series 7 before the 50th Anniversary show, or am I still going to have to troll the internet for streams to catch up beforehand? :P

It's very possible.

Here's a link to their schedule, though they only have the next week or so.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    damn I forgot how sucky that suit was but Tennant can make anything work.

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    It seems like BBCA airs a marathon of a dozen episodes of Who every other day. They know it's their cash cow. I bet they will re-air all of season 7 the day of the 50th itself.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »
    damn I forgot how sucky that suit was but Tennant can make anything work.

You take that back! Suits made entirely out of trousers are awesome:

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I can't help but wish they hadn't given John Hurt a mohawk.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    I can't help but wish I could be part of that triple decker sandwich.

I totally agree!

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Been re-watching a few more old stories. Colin Baker stuff, mostly, though I've got a couple of Tom Baker classics I've never seen queued up as well (Fang Rock, Talons). Attack of the Cybermen is pretty iffy, with a lead Cyberman villain who has a visible beer gut and a whole sub plot (set in a quarry, of course) that ends up going nowhere. At least there's Peri.

Cybermen are pretty rubbish. A beautiful design that should be terrifying (they very occasionally are, as in Tomb of the Cybermen), but mostly they're rubbish. Slow, always on the verge of extinction, get killed really easily. Rubbish. Give me Daleks any day. Psychotic pepperpot Nazis are classics for a reason.

Also rewatched Rose for the first time in a long time. Couple of silly moments aside it's still a terrific introduction to New Who.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Yeah the first episode of the new series is really goofy, but I think that's one of the things that kind of turned me on to it :P I like cheesy stuff :)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I've been re-watching some of Matt Smiths first eps. I didn't think he'd changed much in the last few years but he really has, he looks positively baby faced in his first series compared to how he looks now.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I rewatched Rose, and the only thing I really didn't like at all was the silly actiony music that played the whole time.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I rewatched Rose, and the only thing I really didn't like at all was the silly actiony music that played the whole time.

Yeah, it took a while for the music to bed in. I'd just seen Attack of the Cybermen, though, and the music in that is omnipresent and absolutely atrocious.

• Options

The single camera "everything in one shot" stuff was bugging me - I'm kind of glad they got away from that.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I wish Christopher Eccleston had stuck around longer than one season.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »

Me too, I liked him.

• Options
    Watching Talons of Weng Chiang. The quality compared to the Colin Baker stories is like night and day.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    New pics from 50th show
    xyKoasK.jpg

Gleeeee! It's been too long since I've seen a new episode... and Tenant!

Is Hurt's Doctor carrying his sonic screwdriver in a bandolier?

Well that just made him about 20% more badass.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Yeah, it looks like they took the Fourth/Fifth Doctor sonic and jammed a red knob on the bottom.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I get the impression Hurt's Doctor is the Time War one. He looks like he has seen too much and went too far.

Series nostalgia:
    I really liked it when Martha's family gets captured and she yells at the Doctor, "It's ALL YOUR FAULT!".

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Here is an interesting idea. Did Hurt's doctor get so devastated that he committed suicide? That would fit into why the other incarnation does not accept him. It's his low point.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    New pics from 50th show
    xyKoasK.jpg

Gleeeee! It's been too long since I've seen a new episode... and Tenant!

Is Hurt's Doctor carrying his sonic screwdriver in a bandolier?

Well that just made him about 20% more badass.

Yeah. And there's room for more... Duel Wielding Sonics confirmed? ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

That would have been fantastic.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    BW5Q_7LCQAEYnDx.jpg:large

• Options
    Well, that's going to be double outdated soon. :P

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Huh. I reckon that the "third doctor" for the anniversary isn't who we think he is at all.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Matt Smith's face in that picture looks like he's ticked off about how these guys are crowding his space

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Huh. I reckon that the "third doctor" for the anniversary isn't who we think he is at all.

Odds are, that will happen. Good ole Moffat and all that.

Since the Great Intelligence mucked around with his timeline, he could be a Doctor that Never Was that He Knows He Could Be.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Matt Smith's face in that picture looks like he's ticked off about how these guys are crowding his space

"Hey you blokes, back off."

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    They are pushing him into the grave.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    The Doctors keep getting bigger heads each regeneration. In twenty real life years, the Doctor will be a baby with a massive head.

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    This'll probably kill the thread, but hey lookee here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRy2N2CMhQ

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    So many screwdrivers

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    That trailer is SO GOOD

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    "Day of the doctor" huh?

So I guess he's gonna take advantage of everyone suddenly going blind by poisoning passers-by with his flailing appendages then standing on their rotting corpses to absorb their nutrients with his feet?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    It's the day the Doctor foils the Silence by a worldwide broadcast of The Doctor

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I am just glad they are deciding to play off the show's history now.

I am sure the GI will pop up a few more times.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Watching Talons of Weng Chiang. The quality compared to the Colin Baker stories is like night and day.

I really wish they hadn't been so racist with the casting, because that one is otherwise a fantastic episode, and probably my favorite of Old Who. The side characters were very entertaining (Wikipedia claims they even considered giving a pair of them a spinoff series) and Tom Baker had some excellent lines.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    It's super unfortunate, but really is a problem of the time. There weren't many East Asian actors available and the accepted solution was... *sigh* yellow face.

Even worse, all those Chinese extras with no lines? Vast majority of them were actually laundry workers.

Also, Jago and Litefoot did eventually get their spinoff series thanks to Big Finish. They were like the '70s equivalent of Vastra and co, I guess.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    I wish they wouldn't talk up events so much. They did it with Clara way too much, and when he says 'one impossible day' and that sort of thing, I just think 'Probably won't be that special.'

Needs more show, less tell.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    http://www.dendy.com.au/Promotion/Doctor-Who-50th-Anniversary-The-Day-Of-The-Doctor-At-Dendy-Cinemas

My gf and I have our tickets booked.

Gonna be a damn fine Sunday morning.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    It seriously astounds me how both the D&D and SE++ Doctor Who threads are dominated by Australians.

Which is fine, mostly on account of that being a thing I am also.

This discussion has been closed.