As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] ass

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    tumblr_maett2kaZB1rvwj8s.gif

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I have like 500 eggs...

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    my favorite part of robocop was when he kicks those criminals' asses

elendil if you haven't actually watched robocop I am going to be cross
    i have watched robocop

doing so explained fully half the red text on borderlands' legendary weapons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT04RqXrBKY

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Looked at the pics of the new robocop

here coooooooomes rubber suit maaaaaaaaaan

it's a song i made, do you like it

it's about robocop. the new one, i mean

i hate him

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    new robocop is cool

old r'b'cop looks lame and '80s

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Chu, your new avatar is forcing me to hate you. I thought you should know.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    FTL is damn amazing

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    new robocop is cool

old r'b'cop looks lame and '80s

You're just saying that because you're still too young to rent 80's Robocop.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I think old Robocop looks lame by today's standards too, sure, but this just seems to scream generic super suit guy.

I feel like they could have done a lot more to make him look like an actual robot.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    tumblr_maesx03B221rfet7ko1_250.gif

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I think old Robocop looks lame by today's standards too, sure, but this just seems to scream generic super suit guy.

I feel like they could have done a lot more to make him look like an actual robot.

But he's not a robot!

He's a cyborg!

Edit: Though i must admit, if the new robocop looked like Big Dog, it'd be pretty sweet.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Chu, your new avatar is forcing me to hate you. I thought you should know.

dogg i think you are a wonderful person and this wounds me deeply

• Options
    tumblr_maesx03B221rfet7ko1_250.gif

333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    minecraft, more like... big ol' BEHIND craft haha you fatasses

:3

• Options

But he's not a robot!

He's a cyborg!

Edit: Though i must admit, if the new robocop looked like Big Dog, it'd be pretty sweet.

HE'S ROBOCOP

NOT

CYBOCOP

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Options
    chu I love your av :3

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    how do I regex "t to [a|b|c] [d|e|f]" requiring that one of each set be there?

in other words, "t to a d" and "t to b e" both work, but "t to a" and "t to e" do not?

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Okay I have more than 500 eggs now.

I have like 800 eggs.

More come out every SECOND.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I hate it >=O

i like you though

edit: the avatar i mean

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    in fact i have skyrim, bastion, and a few other of my favorite PC games installed in my windows partition, and i have a bunch of indie games on my os x partition.

but right now i'm sitting in front of my macbook air and playing fifa 12 on my phone between posts.

Tabletop gaming > video gaming

Let's get three more players and do Black Seven online.

yesssss desc did you hear about Black Seven from me or find out about it independently

I've been super-curious about it for a while now.

Also, any article that contains the phrase "I was re-playing Deus Ex for the seventh time, when all of a sudden" immediately commands my attention.

@jacobkosh saw a thread on story-games

You want in?

what do you have in mind? give me the deets

@jacobkosh I am not sure on the actual job yet. Five minutes in the future. No cyborgs or psionics or metal gear solid, I don't think. Sleek infiltrations and German sports sedans.

I will Come up with something general tonight.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

But he's not a robot!

He's a cyborg!

HE'S ROBOCOP

NOT

CYBOCOP

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Because he's half-robot, not half-cyborg. A half-cyborg, that's, like, 3/4 human, not exciting at all.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

I have like 800 eggs.

You might want to have a doctor take a look at that.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

I have like 800 eggs.

Go egg someone's castle.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Don't you wish you're girlfriend was grammatically correct like me?

• Options
    I will not hear anyone sassing the original Robocop

Everything about it was crucial to my childhood and my general conceptions of America

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    *your

• Options
    robocop doesn't care because he doesn't have a heart. he's just a corpse in a robotic suit.

• Options
    better robocop franchise idea: peter weller is killed by drug dealers and becomes a robot art professor

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Ugh, so that was a shitty walk. It started out good but about 3/4 of the way through Leo is limping and stopping to lick his paw.

I took Phoebe's leash so mom could carry Leo, but that lasted for about 20 seconds and then he wanted put down. he limped the rest of the way home. No idea what's wrong with his paw, we can't see anything.

• Options
    Googling new Robocop costume

*squint*

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    this simple two-line exchange is one of my favorite scenes in any movie ever and I hope to be able someday to write something half as direct and meaningful and powerful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEknoNtHSMs

• Options
    better robocop franchise idea: peter weller is killed by drug dealers and becomes a robot art professor

I would watch this, but very few others would

• Options
  • Options
    I probably need to watch the Robocops again, last time i did, I was a wee lad and as a result, i remember nothing from it.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    how do I regex "t to [a|b|c] [d|e|f]" requiring that one of each set be there?

in other words, "t to a d" and "t to b e" both work, but "t to a" and "t to e" do not?

Basically, exactly the way you have it.
    /t to [abc] [def]/

if the spaces can be any whitespace:
    /t\wto\w[abc]\w[def]/

• Options
    I used to watch the cartoon, too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp4Sqn0eX_Q

• Options
    how come there are dozens of dudes shooting at robocop and no one aims at his mouth

• Options
    how come there are dozens of dudes shooting at robocop and no one aims at his mouth

A wizard did it.

• Options
    Unless they are planning to do tons of post-production to every scene, or that is a stunt suit and not a close up suit, I'm going to just come right out and say it: Robocop was not a guy in a suit. Not even a power armor suit. The whole point is that he was mostly a machine.

That is not conveyed at all by that costume, which absolutely looks like a suit.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2012
    it's likely that the new suit might look better in the right lighting and after it's been through the postproduction mill

but

right now it just looks like a bunch of purposeless shapes. the old one may or may not be "80s", whatever that even means, but it looked like a functional object. it had visible pivots and joints.

the best part of the new suit is the torso, because it looks to be mimicking human musculature. that makes sense. it's a valid approach to a robot-man. having a bicep plate that slides underneath a shoulder plate but doesn't actually seem to be part of the arm just looks like armor, rather than robot-ness.

maybe that is part of the story, that he's a dude in a suit rather than mostly machine, but at that point you're really getting into Iron Man and Batman territory

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.