Options

[MMA]New thread is up!

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Still love Dan Hardy. Whoop whoop.

You also still love Jon Jones, so...

Shane Carwin with an injured knee. Is this Kimbo's chance to shine against Nelson?

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    but kimbo still has to fight roy jones jr

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    By the way (and I don't know if this has been talked about...I'm too lazy to go back and look), Belfort would absolutely be the LHW champion of the world right now if he weren't too nice of a guy.

Everyone saw the interviews where he's said he heard it pop and he let it go because he knew he'd have to snap it off to win, right? Jones was done. He should be thanking Belfort every day for the rest of his life that he allowed Jones to keep his title belt, his legacy and his winning streak intact.

Belfort can call it a mental lapse all he wants...I think he's just too nice of a guy to rip a dude's arm off in the cage at this point in his career.

While I have no doubt it was tight Belfort screwed up. If you go back and watch you can see his hips drop out a good bit when Jones stands up because he wasn't driving the heels enough and it let Jones create a little space. It was close though, just not a great armbar.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    meh gsp also had hardy in what looked like a ridiculous armbar
    only to have him (gsp) admit afterwards he was totally doing it wrong so it looked worse than it really was

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

Kimbo will make short work of him, and afterwards he'll be free to return to the UFC to claim his revenge.

• Options
    B:L wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

Kimbo will make short work of him, and afterwards he'll be free to return to the UFC to claim his revenge.
    i dunno
    he might want to stay in boxing
    he'll probably call out paq-man
    and floyd
    at the same time

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    How the Hell is Miocic a favourite against Struve? He seems to have the run of the mill wrestle brawl style and that just wont do.

I got a sweet parlay going on Pickett, Struve and Sass, so I don't mind. Maybe I'm misremembering all his fights and Stipe's a psycho killer.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    I think the concern is with Struve is that his last three losses were all knockouts and Stipe hits hard.

• Options
    Yeah, you know who hits harder? Lavar Johnson!

But really, the knock outs to Roy Nelson and Junior dos Santos don't worry me. The one to Travis Browne, that one, that one is nagging at me right now.

Still, Miocic's knockouts are either from ground and pound, standing in range trading headshots or landing a cross on a guy rushing in. If Struve plays into that, I'm writing him a stern letter.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Still love Dan Hardy. Whoop whoop.

You also still love Jon Jones, so...

Shane Carwin with an injured knee. Is this Kimbo's chance to shine against Nelson?

If you can actually find any MMA thread where I've said "I love Jon Jones", I would be very surprised. 8->

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »

That dude tapped quickly but his arm still got a bit fucked up. really slick submission. I'd be interested in a Vinny/Bader rematch.

• Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    Looks like Clay Guida is dropping down to 145

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    moleface wrote: »

yawn.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    moleface wrote: »

I was almost excited.

But I misread it as Clay Guida dropping down to 14 (minutes) of 5 round running. We might've seen 1 minute of actual action.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I hated Clay Guida before his last fight, fuck you guys.

815165 on
  • Options
    DaMarques "Floppy Man Tits" Johnson weighed in at 183. I guess he was binging on cheese puffs and reverse racism (TUF reference!).

Anyone know the story here?

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    DaMarques "Floppy Man Tits" Johnson weighed in at 183. I guess he was binging on cheese puffs and reverse racism (TUF reference!).

Anyone know the story here?

2 weeks notice replacement.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Ya, a lot of us weren't Guida fans before, and his last fight pretty much sealed the deal...

• Options
    HuntingNoobHuntingNoob Registered User regular

Really nice armbar from Vinny. Was really great to see him back.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    273dbdbe093211e28c8722000a1faf2d_7.jpg

bros

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Good Bellator fights tonight.

Edit: Why is Jim Wallhead's nickname "judo" ?

I'm not sure he even attempts judo throws in his damn fights. Drives me nuts.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    273dbdbe093211e28c8722000a1faf2d_7.jpg

bros

He has a very particular set of skills

...Which is probably why he struggles in the groundgame

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    rampage's fist looks so tiny

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

Liam Neeson is a big guy.

• Options
    HuntingNoobHuntingNoob Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »

Liam Neeson is a big guy.

Suprisingly big.

Today's card doesn't have big names but it could be a very good card. Fights I'm most excited about are:
    Dan Hardy vs. Amir Sadollah
    Che Mills vs. Duane Ludwig
    Paul Sass vs. Matt Wiman

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Prelim fights that everyone should care about:

UFC138_OmigawaYoung_006.jpg
    Jason "Shotgun" Young VS Robbie Peralta
    Jason Young's UFC career has been spotty thusfar, but the kid is an amazing striker. His biggest weakness is his ground game, but he's young (hurr hurr) and has been working on it vigorously in the last year and a half. He's going to need some more time to develop, but as long as he manages to stay employed by the big game, I could see this guy become champ in a few years.

Peralta was riding a wave of hype when he joined the Strikeforce roster, but has continually shown that he has had trouble with the step up in competition that came with it. Nearly all of his wins before joining SF were submissions or T/KOs and since SF (and now the UFC) he has won by UD and Split decisions, with his last fight being ruled a No Contest back in November of last year. Peralta will need to seriously step up his game if he means to get by Shotgun.

gn_jm-6.jpg
    DaMarques Johnson VS Gunnar Nelson
    Speaking of incoming hypetrains, Gunnar Nelson is the man to watch tonight. Riding a 9 fight win streak with all his wins being finishes (usually sumbmission) Gunnar made a name for himself by defeating the grappling veteren Jeff Monson at 2009 ADCC (though ultimately losing via kneebar to Xande Ribeiro and then Vinny Magalhaes in the Absolute division.) At the 2011 ADCC Gunnar lost his division to the always amazing Andre Galvao and ultimately lost via points to Ribeiro after nearly defeating the legend with a guillotine choke. His UFC debut will be something to watch very closely, as he has shown he can hang with elite grapplers across the globe.

DaMarques Johnson came in on two weeks notice and also fat. He is so fucked unless he flash KOs Nelson before he gets taken down. I'd argue that he has virtually no chance to win this fight and it's really just a way to introduce Gunnar Nelson to the UFC with an easy submission victory.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    I would keep an eye on Jim "Poster Boy" Minauwa as well, good LHW prospect, turned the UFC down till he felt he was ready.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Gunnar was in our gym rolling the other day, but I had to work late :(. Our head coach Karl is off putting the finishing touches on the submission he's going to win with later today :D

• Options
    I really need to get down there, I recall Karl trained Gunnar now...

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYmmq_GiNQE&list=UU4f1JueVgo5t9HSmobCRPug&index=1&feature=plcp

I thought the first 2 MMA Beat episodes were alright, but nothing special, however this was a fantastic ep. These guys mainly talk about Strikeforce and Bellator and what they need to do to succeed, with a bit about UFC on Fuel and if Dana White hurts the UFC brand with his comments.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    I felt their comments about UK fans were unfair, most of us are all too aware that we don't buy PPV's so can't expect big fights.

Also, citing this event isn't sold out, it's hardly been promoted and its in fucking Nottingham, they sold out bigger arenas in Manchester and London.

• Options
    Also it appears from the thumbnail that Mike Straka isn't on this episode which can not be a bad thing.

• Options
    Facebook Prelims are scheduled to start in 15 minutes, gentlemen.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Facebook Prelims are scheduled to start in 15 minutes, gentlemen.

this is exactly what I needed

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    STREAM IS UP

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    well that was fast

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jason Young noooooo

D:

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    That was a fantastic body shot to set things up.

even if it was a bit of a sloppy flurry.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Ach, ze stream iss not verking!

I've gotta go out for dinner anyways, but would have been nice to catch the prelims.