As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Phalla] Of The Bulge - 0900 Hrs - US GI VICTORY & The Anonymous Neutral Victory!

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Yeah we're not voting out the 'role seer'. Find someone else.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Yeah we're not voting out the 'role seer'. Find someone else.

:rotate:

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    So the role seer is a villager who just fucked up a bit? Got it.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Or maybe a survival neutral or something.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    hmmm

interesting.

i'd say that kime possibly came up as a hitler youth. since that was what he was called in the narration and it was capitalized

I just wiki'd hitler youth after reading this post.

It looks like because it was an organization, it is always capitalized.

I don't know if I'm more disheartened that you think that, or that you didn't know what "Hitler Youth" was.

I'll decide and let you know

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I know what the hilter youth were...

I just didn't know the proper capitalization of it. So I checked it out in the internet.

geez mom

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I know what the hilter youth were...

I just didn't know the proper capitalization of it. So I checked it out in the internet.

geez mom

Well then clearly she is disappointed at your lack of knowledge of proper capitalization. Does that make Ahava a Grammar Nazi? :O

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    booo.

• Options
    I know, the joke was in poor taste. It was going to be made at one point or other though, so I figured we'd get it out of the way early. :P

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    So is there a good reason TNB hasn't had something bad happen to him yet?

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    ooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooo

Grudges will be had.

ooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooo

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    T_A's statement makes me think he did contact the mafia, and they did off him.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    or it could be just as simple as him having gotten a relatively fun role and then died early.

which would cause for grudging.

• Options
    or it could be just as simple as him having gotten a relatively fun role and then died early.

which would cause for grudging.

I was SK in the EVO game and Egos picked me out as suspicious on like Day 2. So much disappoint, so I could understand if this was the case here.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Very possibly, Ahava. Just thinking out loud mostly. Helps get some opposing ideas which usually make as much/more sense than mine.

• Options
    true.

and the only reason that I'm leaning more towards my take, than yours, is that if he was commenting like that after being backstabbed by the mafia, it would be skirting dangerously close to that whole 'no game information in your death posts' rule/law/tradition/thingy

i am finding things rather interesting, actually. I'm wondering if my thoughts are worth fruition.

For the moment though

!cythraul

• Options
    Any reasoning beyond Ahava-hunch?

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I've noticed that in the phalla signup thread, it says you can use it to accuse someone, but I guess that's been phased into very bad form bordering on rule-breaking.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    I think its unlikely that he contacted kime and that instead it was just a random shot in the dark that nailed him. Remember the mafia had no incentive to off him yet, even if they knew who he was, his random kill helps them more than it hurts them at this stage, especially with only 1 group kill.

• Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Any reasoning beyond Ahava-hunch?

if there was, it wouldn't be a hunch!

but yes, there is. but i'm not gonna tell you!

so there!

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    OooooOOOOOOOoooOOOOOO

I'm free! I'm free! Wait.....

OOoooOOOOOoooooOOOOOO

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    OoOoO

Continuing the tradition of Day 1'd by mafia or Day 2'd by the village!

oOoOo

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Ahava votes for me when she's mafia. Just a hunch :D

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    I think its unlikely that he contacted kime and that instead it was just a random shot in the dark that nailed him. Remember the mafia had no incentive to off him yet, even if they knew who he was, his random kill helps them more than it hurts them at this stage, especially with only 1 group kill.

The continued one kill only from mafia is interesting. Figured there was a super lucky guard out and about but it just seems more likely that they've just got the group kill? Or one of them is a vig. Seems like it was kime. Hmm. Guess tonight will shed some more light on this whole thing.

• Options
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Ahava votes for me when she's mafia. Just a hunch :D

nope!

i vote for you all the time!

all the times

g'night guys!

• Options
    TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    I want to make a new day on the Magic box, but not 100% on how that works. I think is "Add Narration" then click "Make Narration" on the next narration... ... Magic Box is so win...

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't know why TNB didn't go down last night.

• Options
    I realize I played this game rather unorthodox, and therefor made a lot of mistakes. I'm not mafia, but I completely understand the suspicion. I can't blame you for voting, and you have little reason NOT to vote me. Just going to ask that you don't, it's not going to help anything and only harm the Village.

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    Or maybe wait for the Network to call for me, which if they seer'd me last night not won't happen.

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    **Updated "unkown" votes on Magic Box** It may be magic but it doesn't know who TNB is :P

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I'm going to have to withdraw. I'm not feeling well at all and can't concentrate on the game.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I'm going to have to withdraw. I'm not feeling well at all and can't concentrate on the game.

Feel better, man!

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    (mafia are colored darkorange to prevent confusing them with my vote)

Day 1 vote count:

Mi-Go Hunter: 6 (Obifett, Delmain, SaberOverEasy, Megafrost, premium, Kime)
    Kime: 4 (Kilnaga, enlightenedbum, Matev, SaberOverEasy, Jdarksun, The Dagon, TrueNeverborn)
    Obifett: 3 (premium, romanqwerty, blahmcblah, phyphor, Jdarksun, romanqwerty)
    Baidol: 2 (Kilnaga, Cayrus)
    Megafrost: 2 (Anialos, Alegis)
    TrueNeverborn: 2 (Trueneverborn, SLyM, Megafrost, Kime, Jdarksun, romanqwerty, phyphor, SaberOverEasy, baidol
    TheRoadVirus: 2 (Cythraul, Typhus733)
    The Anonymous: 2 (Assuran, The Anonymous)
    Romanqwerty: 2 (Baidol, TheRoadVirus)
    Kilnaga: 1 (Mi-Go Hunter)
    Lonelyahava: 1 (Mill)
    SlyM: 1 (shalmelo)
    SaberOverEasy: 1 (Lonelyahava)
    blahmcblah: 1 (KetBra)
    premium: 0 (Baidol)
    Assuran: 0 (Lonelyahava)
    KetBra: 0 (TheRoadVirus)
    Jdarksun: 0 (Phyphor)
    Alegis: 0 (Delmain)

Day 2 vote count:

Kime: 18 (romanqwerty, Megafrost, Typhus733, Baidol, Blahmcblah, Cythraul, Shalmelo, enlightenedbum, premium, Obifett, Anialos, Cayrus, Mill, Kilnaga, SLyM, Phyphor, KetBra, The Anonymous)
    TheRoadVirus: 1 (Obifett, Matev, Anialos, Cayrus)
    Obifett: 1 (Megafrost, The Dagon)
    Jdarksun: 1 (TrueNeverborn)
    TrueNeverborn: 1 (Jdarksun)
    Enlightenedbum: 1 (TheRoadVirus)
    The Anonymous: 1 (Lonelyahava)
    (missing votes from Kime and Delmain)

A couple of observations:

Kilnaga and Enlightenedbum both voted for Kime fairly early on day 1, although Kilnaga switched off right after Enlightenedbum voted. I have a difficult time imagining ebum to be mafia right now. Kime voted for TNB shortly after on day 1. At the time the vote count was:

Obifett: 4
    TNB: 3
    Kime: 3

Also at some point, Kime suggested having TRV seered. Does it mean anything? Not necessarily. Never trust an outed mafia. But it makes me inclined to think TRV is village. When the Mi-Go bandwagon took off on day one, TNB voted for Kime (instead of Mi-Go) for self preservation.

What to make of all this? I have no clue. Right now I think Obi is more likely than TNB to be mafia, but I would be seriously surprised if they weren't investigated behind the scenes somehow. So it's probably more to the village's benefit to explore other avenues. I'm going to throw my vote onto blahmcblah. He's been posting a medium amount without really contributing a whole lot. Saying stuff like:
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Man, what an awful night. For us. And me too. I came in second in two games of Ascension, just brutal.

After a day one that honestly did not seem as bad as usual. Sure we didn't hit any mafia, but death count was low and there was a lot of information to look at from all the day 1 bandwagoning.

• Options
    Lack of info is a bummer. Also the lack of role names is a double-edged sword. We don't know for sure what we lost, for the most part (especially without spilling that info in the thread for the mafia to see,) but then again, neither does the mafia. Means they would pretty much have to operate under the assumption that all our specials are still here. So they may end up hitting second-best choices and such, figuring first would be guarded.

/shrug

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    So Kilnaga switched his vote off kime as soon as he got another vote on day 1.
    Could be nothing, or it could have been to prevent a day 1 wagon on kime.
    I'm willing to let him die to find out.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular

Hope you get better but the war will go on without you.
    Waiting on MrTLicious to reply to replace EB.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    MrTLicious has replaced EB.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I'm gonna go with Baidol, because I couldn't recall any of his posts, so that means he's bein' all sneaky-like. Looking back at them, they're mostly filler-type stuff.

Sure would be great if we had a day 2 vote record to go on.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    premium wrote: »
    So Kilnaga switched his vote off kime as soon as he got another vote on day 1.
    Could be nothing, or it could have been to prevent a day 1 wagon on kime.
    I'm willing to let him die to find out.

With that assumption, wouldn't Baidol (the one he switched to) also be somewhat suspect? He asked if he could join mafia, voted in my day1 wagon only to switch it to Romanqwerty later in the day. Just theorizing as best I can.

I like the Naga vote, Mega makes some valid points. Unless we get more information or network makes a call I'll Kilnaga as a placeholder

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Can someone summarize the entire game in 3 sentences or less?

Or am I gonna have to actually read?