As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Guild Wars 2 - now 30% off and also it's a free weekend or something

unintentionalunintentional smellyRegistered User regular
edited April 2013 in Social Entropy++
FOR FREE WEEKEND DETAILS, GO TO WWW.GUILDWARS2.COM , I DO NOT KNOW HOW IT WORKS. I THINK YOU NEED TO GET ONE OF A LIMITED QUANTITY OF ACCESS CODES FROM THIRD PARTY WEBSITES BUT I HAVEN'T LOOKED INTO IT AT ALL
182577.png

Guild wars 2! It's finally out after FIVE YEARS

The guild most of SE++ is in is called 'Shrub Club [club]'. Everyone in shrub club has invite powers. Whisper anyone who is in shrub club to get an invite.

G&T and also a decent number of us are also in "What a Nice Guild [NICE]" (see? not [WANG]? they have a sense of humor!), but that guild is full so tough luck. I think they are going to do a culling at some point because there's no way they actually have 500 active accounts.

We are on the server Fort Aspenwood. Server transfers are still free, but this is a temporary measure, and there is currently a 24hr freeze on swapping servers if you have recently swapped.

Go to http://wiki.guildwars2.com for any specific questions in game, like "where do I buy Peaches?" or "is it possible to murder Trahearne?"
it's a really really really great wiki

The G&T thread has a lot more useful information including a teamspeak server!!!!! that they use
we have a vent server, generously provided by Zoel, at

postingbros.ownzyou.info
3968
karenxzizek


Viv is making a character-build-blog at http://gw2nice.tumblr.com/ so go there for advice on how to play your character!
LIST OF CURRENT PRE-PURCHASERS AND THUS ALL-ROUND AWESOME FOLK

Andrew Ryan - Darkblade.6803
Angry - Doom.5462
Anzekay.9562
Arete - NinjaFrizz.1706
Arsenic.8341
Artreus.7901
Automaticzen - zen.1526
AweSampo.8162
AyeJaye- themeattree.2106
Belruel - Dayman.5107
Bendery.4359
Big Red Tie - pabrt.1679
bucketman.2896
Butters - Biscuits.2930
Buttlord - butteslord.6524
cobalt60 - CobaltSixty.1542
Cymril.6309
Darmak .3160
Darric.1453
Depressperado- Dwyer.3742
DrCongo - Smuckles.6928
Dubh.6359
Effef.6489
EidolonOrpheus.8567
Entriech.3507
Erics.3517
Fallout.6402
Fandyien.4207
fearghaill.4970
fightinfilipino.8914
Flay.7612
Gatsby.3286
George Fornby Grill - drofwarc.3561
Gumpybear.1624
houk.7962
I Win Swordfights - thewizardjenkins.4306
I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up - Lanthaneius.5863
Inkyblots
interrobang - drugtown.5014
jerkbot.3052
Kevin Crist
Kilroy - DoctorWorm.9182
Krunk McGrunk - Kancho.3529
Lagnar.9281
Lasbrook - Orpheus Silverbone.7912
Lexxy- Lexxercise.1387
Lost Salient.4781
LuvTheMonkey.1946
M.D. - JDLemea.3904
Macro 9 - Macronine.3176
Maddoc.5296
Man of the Waves- BuckarooHoliday.5068
Marslo.3560
Melding.2309
mustachiojones.4012
mysst.8350
Naphtali.3876
Nekx.2549
Nogs.7059
Northman88 - Northman.2397
NVB.5368
Omega2112 - Robocow.3645
Peccavi.6847
PikaPuff.2641
PixelMonkey- InkedOne.8916
Radius.1892
Rainfall.2397
Ramen Noodle - Ramenamen.1476
Reginald.8605
Rhylith.1865
Rock Lobster! - Eits.2840
Rorus Raz.4283
RubberAC - amindatlarge.5410
Sarksus.6823
Scudo.1029
smarthero.1803
sonictk.5791
Stew_Stick - Dinner.5361
Stilts.5927
Syphyreal.9247
Tasteticle- GoofTroop.1239
Thanatos.1207
ThatDaveFella.8247
The Geebs That is a Pony - thegeebs.3890
TheBetman.9046
TheCowKing.3265
TheLawinator.9825
theSquid - destructoSquid.1735
Turambar.5261
unintentional - Gary.8649
Usagi - Arithmetock.3459
VargasPrime.3720
Veretas - Jaron.6893
Viscount Islands - VIslands.4032
Vivixenne.3465
WAH - hamdoughnuts.7359
Warble - jessaur.3579
Wiettwix.8731
World as Myth - Kate Welch.7869
Yukira - ModelZ.8370
Zay.6489

Now get out there and make some clones
Jufwp.png

unintentional on
That Dave FellaVivixenneUsagiBeasteh
«13456753

Posts

  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    REPOSTING THIS BECAUSE IT WAS THE LAST POST AND CAPS

    @RubberAC What level are you?

    My current setup is 30 Critical Strikes, 20 Trickery and then 10 each in Shadow Arts and Deadly Arts, but I'm thinking of switching the points out of Shadow Arts into Deadly Arts so I can die more regularly (hahahaha oh dear) and hit harder and my conditions will last longer.

    30 Critical Strikes lets me have 100% crit chance attacking out of stealth (Hidden Killer), which is great because I try to disappear as often as possible (to remove combat, create distance, heal, or just hit things). I also use Side Strike for a damage bonus attacking from the side or behind, if I'm grouping, and the other slot I tend to use Ankle Shots because fuck you don't touch me.

    20 Trickery gives me caltrops on dodge, which is rad because I dodge constantly and so should you (see above, fuck you don't touch me), and it also means you don't have to have caltrops on your skill bar. And also Flanking Strikes for damage when attacking from the side (again, in groups mostly) or Bountiful Theft (until Gary told me I was being dumb because most enemies don't have boons) was what I was using until I realized that Ricochet was an option that would grant me at least the possibility of a shortbow-esque multiple target shot with my pistols.

    10 in Deadly Arts gives Sundering Strikes, which gives 40% chance of inflicting vulnerability when you crit (and I've got 60% chance to crit so it's decent enough I feel? not that I did the math, I don't do math). And 10 in Shadow Arts lets you either remove up to three conditions when in stealth or gives you regen when you have 5+ stacks of bleeding.

    If I switch over the Shadow Arts points then I'll probably just use +5% dagger damage.

    Also Gary re: thread title

    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    unintentional
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    Thread title is relevant to my life.

    MESMER 4 LYFE

    *puts on shades*
    *explodes into butterflies while screaming*

    unintentionalRainfallThe Cow KingMomori
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I kinda want to roll a thief or ranger.

    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    I am happy with how my Charr Mesmer is turning out.
    CEtGp.jpg

    XStly.jpg
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Switched to staff/greatsword on my mesmer last night and I think I'm finally happy (also not as much dying all the time)

    Chaos Armor 4 lyfe

  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Gary there's a wow boss that makes 14 clones















    Hi gary

    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Switched to staff/greatsword on my mesmer last night and I think I'm finally happy (also not as much dying all the time)

    Chaos Armor 4 lyfe

    Yeah, my life got significantly better once I started using a staff!

  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I think I might switch to my mesmer, my necromancer is fun, but I need a change of pace.

  • zen-zen- Registered User regular
    I can get a character to about level 13 before I start a new one. Really digging Ranger overall. I started some story quest the other day, had to go answer the phone, and by the time I came back the bear had done everything for me.

  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Mesmer Staff is good and I feel like know that it's better than Greatsword, but I just can't get behind it. Maybe it's the fact that I'm really used to bursting clones and staff is rough without a big pile of 'em?

    I do need to start utilizing more of my leap finisher in my feedback fields, though. Chaos Armor is spectacular.

  • EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I'm playing a Ranger fight me.

    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
    WeedLordVegeta
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Erics wrote: »
    I'm playing a Ranger fight me.

    I'm enjoying my ranger also! What weapons are you working with?

  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Go go power rangers

    also I'm in shrub club but over on Tarnished Coast so get ready for regular TARNISHED COAST RP ADVENTURE updates as I get into this game more

  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I want to play my ranger and my guardian but I just can't bring myself to leave my Mesmer. Plus levelling is a bit of a drag especially early on.

    Yukira
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    shortbow ranger is fucking hilarious

  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    my mesmer is better than all your mesmers because my mesmer is Psylocke

    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    So she's a terrible wank bait character?

    Do not have a cow, mortal.

    c9PXgFo.jpg
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Damn

    PSN: ThatDaveFella
    WietRainfall
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna lie

    I mostly play my thief with a handgun/dagger because it reminds of Big Boss saying "CQC!"

    Miss me? Find me on:

    Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    WeedLordVegeta
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    my mesmer is better than all your mesmers because my mesmer is Psylocke

    uh, Phantomex begs to differ.

    Yes I had to change the spelling but whatevs

  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    REPOSTING THIS BECAUSE IT WAS THE LAST POST AND CAPS

    @RubberAC What level are you?

    My current setup is 30 Critical Strikes, 20 Trickery and then 10 each in Shadow Arts and Deadly Arts, but I'm thinking of switching the points out of Shadow Arts into Deadly Arts so I can die more regularly (hahahaha oh dear) and hit harder and my conditions will last longer.

    30 Critical Strikes lets me have 100% crit chance attacking out of stealth (Hidden Killer), which is great because I try to disappear as often as possible (to remove combat, create distance, heal, or just hit things). I also use Side Strike for a damage bonus attacking from the side or behind, if I'm grouping, and the other slot I tend to use Ankle Shots because fuck you don't touch me.

    20 Trickery gives me caltrops on dodge, which is rad because I dodge constantly and so should you (see above, fuck you don't touch me), and it also means you don't have to have caltrops on your skill bar. And also Flanking Strikes for damage when attacking from the side (again, in groups mostly) or Bountiful Theft (until Gary told me I was being dumb because most enemies don't have boons) was what I was using until I realized that Ricochet was an option that would grant me at least the possibility of a shortbow-esque multiple target shot with my pistols.

    10 in Deadly Arts gives Sundering Strikes, which gives 40% chance of inflicting vulnerability when you crit (and I've got 60% chance to crit so it's decent enough I feel? not that I did the math, I don't do math). And 10 in Shadow Arts lets you either remove up to three conditions when in stealth or gives you regen when you have 5+ stacks of bleeding.

    If I switch over the Shadow Arts points then I'll probably just use +5% dagger damage.

    Also Gary re: thread title

    I'm 45. This helps a ton.

  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    7yLqD.png
    tP88o.gif

    George Fornby GrillWeedLordVegetaBucketmanMomori
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    i play my thief dagger/pistol because then EVERYTHING IS BLIND FOREVER

    unintentional
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    sword/dagger thief 4 lyfe

    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    With my elementalist I have settled in on scepter/dagger. It is so good. Haven't used anything else in ages. Mostly stick to fire and air though, which is what I'm speccing in.

    I think I am doing sword/pistol mesmer, with a greatsword or staff backup. need to figure out if he can do any combos on his own like my elementalist can

    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    With my elementalist I have settled in on scepter/dagger. It is so good. Haven't used anything else in ages. Mostly stick to fire and air though, which is what I'm speccing in.

    I think I am doing sword/pistol mesmer, with a greatsword or staff backup. need to figure out if he can do any combos on his own like my elementalist can
    one handed sword is a finisher with the Leap, pistol skill 4 is a finisher with the clone's bullets,greatsword phantasm might also have a finisher, not sure about offhand sword
    focus skill 4 is a light field, all glamours and chaos storm and time warp are ethereal fields

  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    dear thread: i'm not a mesmer, i'm rocking an elementalist

    sorry for party rocking

    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • As7As7 Registered User regular
    Been a bit disapointed with the lack of guildies willing to party up with me even if we are rocking the same zones. Hopefully that will change soon.

    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    hey

    anyone else like all the sudden have reaaaalllllllly bad FPS?

    @wimzie 's computer was playing the game totally fine for a month and then, just yesterday, she can only get 7 FPS.

    she was running at a constant 30-35 on Wednesday. Then Thursday...just shit. it's still stuper bad and I've checked everything and settings and all that. Even ran other games to make sure it wasn't the video card just totally blowing up. but that all turned out fine.

    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I had this issue with WoW and I've to restart my computer to get my FPS back to normal.

    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • WAHWAH Registered User regular
    Hey does anyone want to do Twilight Arbor explorable a hour from now? I need to do one more run to complete my armour set.

    STEAM | GW2: hamdoughnuts.7359
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Nogs wrote: »
    hey

    anyone else like all the sudden have reaaaalllllllly bad FPS?

    @wimzie 's computer was playing the game totally fine for a month and then, just yesterday, she can only get 7 FPS.

    she was running at a constant 30-35 on Wednesday. Then Thursday...just shit. it's still stuper bad and I've checked everything and settings and all that. Even ran other games to make sure it wasn't the video card just totally blowing up. but that all turned out fine.
    Happens to me once in a while. Try restarting the program, if that doesn't work restart the computer.

  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I've not had any FPS issues lately

    even in WvW it runs smooth like butter

    KNOCK ON WOOD

    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Finally made it to level 30 on a character

    woo

    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    ttBo6.png well I could buy groceries and pay bills or get hella dyes...

  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    going to buy those dyes
    is it a random green and orange or just those two?

  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    So I’ll preface this by saying I LOVE the skimpy armor skins that scholars get.

    That said – the majority of the medium armor skins in the game are full on coats. There are some skimpyish options later in the game (T3 human racial is SICK, as is the armor skin in the thief trailer video) but nothing compared to what heavy and light get (light even at level 1).

    Heavy and light seem to get tons of skimpy options while sub 80 adventurers are stuck looking like nuns on the run. Heavy armor even has a fishnet look for one of the leggings. I mean c’mon if they can get plate fishnet can’t we get some leather strappy goodness? (think 5th element but leather )

    LOVE the game so far but would really like to see some more options for those trampy thief types out there!

    Thanks Anet!

    P.S. Should I be ashamed that the first suggestion post I’ve made in my 10+ years of MMO gaming is to ask for skimpier armor. My mamma would be proud!

    P.P.S. I would gladly PAY for combat enabled skins in the Gem store that gave us some more options

  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    So I tried playing some of this after not having played an MMO for like 4 years. I played EQ for a very long time then WoW for a pretty long time.

    First couple hours of this was... familiar. There were a couple neat things like just being able to do quests with anyone in the area and some of the abilities seemed interesting but nothing really drew me in yet. I know better not to judge by the early content in games like these, but is there a particular time people think it really starts to click?

    For the record I made a thief.

  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    So I’ll preface this by saying I LOVE the skimpy armor skins that scholars get.

    That said – the majority of the medium armor skins in the game are full on coats. There are some skimpyish options later in the game (T3 human racial is SICK, as is the armor skin in the thief trailer video) but nothing compared to what heavy and light get (light even at level 1).

    Heavy and light seem to get tons of skimpy options while sub 80 adventurers are stuck looking like nuns on the run. Heavy armor even has a fishnet look for one of the leggings. I mean c’mon if they can get plate fishnet can’t we get some leather strappy goodness? (think 5th element but leather )

    LOVE the game so far but would really like to see some more options for those trampy thief types out there!

    Thanks Anet!

    P.S. Should I be ashamed that the first suggestion post I’ve made in my 10+ years of MMO gaming is to ask for skimpier armor. My mamma would be proud!

    P.P.S. I would gladly PAY for combat enabled skins in the Gem store that gave us some more options

    The line has officially blurred on whether someone is posting this ironically to be funny or if they actually mean it

    my nose is bleeding

    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    official MMO forums continue to be painfully disgusting in terms of content and the people frequenting them

    Day of the BearVivixenneWeedLordVegetaUsagiBeasteh
Sign In or Register to comment.