As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Seattle forumer gatherings - Version 20.15

1678911

Posts

  • KyanilisKyanilis Registered User regular
    Put me in for this. I'll take a PC too!

  • NadavaNadava Registered User new member
    I'm up for post-turkey day LAN party. Save me PC.

  • matguymatguy Registered User regular
    Ribbons and Matguy are in, both need PCs.

  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    WOOOO LAN!

    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
    matguy
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Looks like we are down to 1 Loaner computer left.

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm in, with a +1. I'll take a loaner computer and bring either my machine or a laptop. I'll be there Friday evening onward until Sunday morning if that's alright!

  • OsmoticFerocityOsmoticFerocity Registered User new member
    Count me in.

    I'd prefer a PC but can supply my own if somebody else needs it.

  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Count me in.

    I'd prefer a PC but can supply my own if somebody else needs it.

    PC's are all claimed at this point.

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • OsmoticFerocityOsmoticFerocity Registered User new member
    NP. A seat is good, too. My rig just isn't ideal for transporting.

  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    NP. A seat is good, too. My rig just isn't ideal for transporting.

    If it helps, I have a monitor you can use so you dont have to bring that.

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • OsmoticFerocityOsmoticFerocity Registered User new member
    BigRed wrote: »
    If it helps, I have a monitor you can use so you dont have to bring that.
    That'd be great, thanks man.

  • themateothemateo SeattleRegistered User regular
    in for coming over on Saturday. will have Z with me.

    Cakiea
  • matguymatguy Registered User regular
    themateo wrote: »
    in for coming over on Saturday. will have Z with me.

    No L? I'm sure Ribbons would love some L time.

  • CakieaCakiea SeattleRegistered User regular
    matguy wrote: »
    themateo wrote: »
    in for coming over on Saturday. will have Z with me.

    No L? I'm sure Ribbons would love some L time.

    Newborn immune system + 20 people during flu season = bad idea
    Also, I bet Jenn will be grateful to have mateo and Z out of the house for an afternoon and return with food. :P

  • matguymatguy Registered User regular
    Cakiea wrote: »
    matguy wrote: »
    themateo wrote: »
    in for coming over on Saturday. will have Z with me.

    No L? I'm sure Ribbons would love some L time.

    Newborn immune system + 20 people during flu season = bad idea
    Also, I bet Jenn will be grateful to have mateo and Z out of the house for an afternoon and return with food. :P

    There goes Cakiea, bein' all rational and stuff.

  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Never mind, filled.

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So... brainstorming ideas for a metagame for rust. Input/ideas welcome.

    My idea as it stands:
    I can construct barter town & thunderdome while people get used to the game when we start playing.

    Every two hours everybody rolls a D20 to select 4 people. The highest roll must empty their inventory and get teleported (Or walk to, if nearby) to THUNDERDOME.
    The three lowest rolls must empty their inventory AND destroy their sleeping bag(s) and get teleported to THUNDERDOME

    You will have a short time to empty your inventory, dont want this shit to take forever.
    You are only allowed burlap clothes and a rock as your weapon.

    Of those 4 people they have the chance to spin the shots-go-round, under each of the 16 (?) shots on the wheel there will be a post it note that mentions an item. If you spin the shots-go-round you will be allowed to only take that item into THUNDERDOME with you.
    (Could be some raw materials, could be a weapon)

    The victor gets... something in addition to the below.
    If you win THUNDERDOME then you are allowed to build a small house inside of barter town and keep a sleeping bag in it as a spawn point (even if you roll low for THUDNERDOME next time).

    Other generic rules would be:
    No fighting in Barter Town
    No stealing in Barter Town
    No being a huge dick in game (Like sniping the exit to someones house constantly so they cant leave).
    No alliances larger than 2 people. No allying with other alliances. (To prevent fuckery from last time)
    Feel free to raid internet randos that join the server.


    So thats the base I am working off of. I have other ideas like:

    Setting up an in-game economy using tokens IRL to buy resources or to purchase events.
    Example event:
    Teleport Oz into a pit filled with bears.

    Or you could buy information.. like buy the location of a player.

    Winners of THUNDERDOME could get monetary bonuses as well as being allowed entry to Barter Town.

    The arena battles will be a way to keep score so we have some kind of endgame (other than just fucking up the internet randos & Snickers), what other challenges could we do?

    Ideas welcome.

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    zerzhul
  • SuspiSuspi Registered User regular
    Can I add myself to the waiting list?

  • groovegroove Registered User regular
    What time should people show up for the Rustpocalypse?

    [E]
    axlky.jpg
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    groove wrote: »
    What time should people show up for the Rustpocalypse?

    Anytime after 2 I suppose.
    Since I am assuming most people have the day off.

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    Idea: purchase tokens with shots, use them to buy bonuses / penalties on other players. Penalties can be blocked by also taking shots? I'm just spitballing over here.

  • KyanilisKyanilis Registered User regular
    Yeah, gonna have to bail. Caught something this week and I don't want to risk infecting LAN. Have all the foods!

  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Haethaus NYE party!
    12/31 4pm until NEXT YEAR


    House has limited space so likely this will be capped at 50-ish peoples.

    Come ring in the new year with friends, booze, and boardgames! We will also bust out some beerio kart again as well.
    (I will have downstairs cleared out with a table setup for those who are interested in playing things)

    Where:
    (PM ME FOR ADDY IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I LIVE BY NOW)

    (House rules for those who aren't familiar; 21+, No coming if you are sick, no drinking until you are sick, No being stupid (usually not a problem), Pay your keg beer tab, if you want access to the massive booze stash then you donate a bottle to it, be quiet outside after 10pm, leave stuff that's not yours alone.)

    Bring a food/drink/mixer item for sharing. Bring booze if you wish to partake of the stash. Champagne for new years if you want (ill have a couple bottles for sharing, not much though).

    Beer out of the keg is 2 for $5 ($2.50ea). Make sure to settle up your tab at the end of the party (or shortly afterward).

    On tap: Irish Death
    This is at about 50% as of this posting. North coast brewing old rasputin will be the replacement.

    Show up no earlier than 4pm.

    Any questions feel free to ask away, either on here or via PM.

    PEOPLE GOING!
    BigRed
    Cakiea
    Requies
    The_Mer
    Ris3n_Da3mon
    Erin
    Ky13
    Snickers
    b0wser
    Darc
    Spoony
    Menolly
    Oz_Pbbbbt
    Gatzby
    DragonKitty
    Ty "Holy shit hes finally 21 for a NYE" NUMBERSNAME
    Lord_Moon
    Teh_Bef
    Chopsworth
    Naile
    Scoots
    Slicehawk
    Azazel
    Gatzby
    Groove
    Kyanilis
    cabbobin
    Tenspeed
    Kurpav
    Kenna
    Avian
    chaosisorder
    Khadour
    Emod

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Now to create a 5 day bender...

    WinterWonderLAN!
    Jan 2nd - 4th (hell even that Thursday if people want most of us have New Years day off + that friday)

    Cost:
    $20 for utilities & food on Saturday
    Either Tequila tacos or a ham dinner, haven't decided yet.

    I have 12 computers that can play BF4. I also have 5 spare BF4 accounts available for use if you dont happen to own the game. We will also play some TF2, possibly Natural Selection 2, and might even bust out some UT2k4 for old times sake. Slower times we will likely do some RTS stuff.

    Let me know if you are using a computer and if you need BF4. If you state nothing I will assume you are using one of my computers here and you have your own BF4

    If you are crashing here, due to wear and tear over the years a bunch of my sumos now RIP at the dump. Please bring a sleeping mat or something to sleep on since my sumo supply is now half of what it was.

    Normal haethaus party rules apply.
    (Bring a bottle (or two if you consume a lot) if you are drinking, no making yourself sick, no screwing with things that arent yours, etc)

    ALSO THIS IS OZ'S LAST LAN! HE MOVES BACK TO ALASKA SHORTLY AFTER THIS LAN!

    1. BigRed
    2. Cakiea
    3. Ris3n_Da3mon
    4. Slicehawk (PC)
    5. AGB (PC)
    6. Ky13 (PC)
    7. Tunafish
    8. b0wser (PC)
    9. Snickers (PC)
    10. Darc
    11. Oz_Pbbbt (PC)
    12. Nullthread (PC, BF4)
    13.
    14. Ducas
    15. CortanaV (PC)
    16. daedalusleto
    17.
    18. Kyanilis (PC)
    19. Tenspeed (PC)
    20. Gatzby (PC, BF4)
    21. Disco (PC, BF4)

    Waiting list:



    Canceled list:

    Magnetbox

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • CakieaCakiea SeattleRegistered User regular
    BigRed wrote: »
    Haethaus NYE party!
    12/31 4pm until NEXT YEAR


    House has limited space so likely this will be capped at 50-ish peoples.

    Come ring in the new year with friends, booze, and boardgames! We will also bust out some beerio kart again as well.
    (I will have downstairs cleared out with a table setup for those who are interested in playing things)

    Where:
    (PM ME FOR ADDY IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I LIVE BY NOW)

    (House rules for those who aren't familiar; 21+, No coming if you are sick, no drinking until you are sick, No being stupid (usually not a problem), Pay your keg beer tab, if you want access to the massive booze stash then you donate a bottle to it, be quiet outside after 10pm, leave stuff that's not yours alone.)

    Bring a food/drink/mixer item for sharing. Bring booze if you wish to partake of the stash. Champagne for new years if you want (ill have a couple bottles for sharing, not much though).

    Beer out of the keg is 2 for $5 ($2.50ea). Make sure to settle up your tab at the end of the party (or shortly afterward).

    On tap: Irish Death
    This is at about 50% as of this posting. North coast brewing old rasputin will be the replacement.

    Show up no earlier than 4pm.

    Any questions feel free to ask away, either on here or via PM.

    PEOPLE GOING!
    BigRed
    Cakiea
    Requies
    The_Mer
    Ris3n_Da3mon
    Erin
    Ky13
    Snickers
    b0wser
    Darc
    Spoony
    Mellony

    FACEBOOK EVENT! https://www.facebook.com/events/323971581128388

  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (I'm a little excited)

    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    GUESS I'LL SHOW UP TO NYE, SINCE I'LL BE IN TOWN AND ALL.

    Cakieazerzhul
  • MagnifiedXMagnifiedX Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    @BigRed I am seriously considering flying out for this...

    EDIT: No longer just thinking, in.
    EDIT2: And add me for the LAN as well, PC needed but I own a BF4 account.

    MagnifiedX on
  • notsosupermarionotsosupermario Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    In for LAN! PC would be nice but not strictly speaking necessary.

    -Ducas

    notsosupermario on
  • CortanaVCortanaV SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    BigRed wrote: »
    Now to create a 5 day bender...
    This is where BigRed typed things
    I'm in! I'll need to borrow a PC again. I do have my own BF4 account now, however.

    CortanaV on
  • ky13ky13 Registered User regular
    IN 4 LANZZZZ!

    Need computer, have BF4.

    Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    In for LAN! PC would be nice but not strictly speaking necessary.

    -Ducas

    If you can bring your own this time, please do so (Since they are almost gone). If somehow I end up with an extra, ill let you know.

    Also, If you want to borrow a monitor so you dont have to haul that, I have plenty :)

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    CortanaV wrote: »
    BigRed wrote: »
    Now to create a 5 day bender...
    This is where BigRed typed things
    I'm in! I'll need to borrow a PC again. I do have my own BF4 account now, however.

    Did you end up buying the Premium edition one that was on the origin black friday deal?

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    Oh shit, Az is in for 5 days.

  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Azazel wrote: »
    Oh shit, Az is in for 5 days.

    For real real?

    Do you need a PC/BF4 account?

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • KyanilisKyanilis Registered User regular
    Put me down for both. I'll avoid people in general this month so I don't have to bail this time.

    Will need a PC, have BF4 of course.

  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    I have my computer and BF4. Do you guys play with the expansions? I haven't played in like 10 months.

  • KurpavKurpav Registered User regular
    See you at NYE

    On the Hunt: Star Trek, Gold Overwatch, Glitch
    Check 'em: My Pins!
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Azazel wrote: »
    I have my computer and BF4. Do you guys play with the expansions? I haven't played in like 10 months.

    Yes we do.

    All my spare accounts have premium if you dont have it by the LAN.

    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • BritalityBritality Registered User regular
    Can I be one of the Gatzbys for the NYE party? I don't think he gets to go twice. It's not faiiiiirrr.

Sign In or Register to comment.