As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ALL ASSIGNED] D&D Secret Santa 2012: Being Classy for Beginners and Experts Alike!

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Gifts bought! Should I try to mail them so they show up close to Christmas or just mail them ASAP?

I hope my person likes the gifts, it's a pinch out there but it should work, I hope!

I would go ahead and mail them to make sure they get there with plenty of time to spare.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Given that I will be shipping overseas from Japan, shipping ASAP probably means it getting there right around Christmas anyway, haha!

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Stupid double posts. Uh, to make this post more useful, Eddy's post reminded me that it is hard for me to find shoes in Japan and eventually I will need winter boots. I wear a US size 12.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Gifts shall be bought and shipped out on the 30th for mine. I'll make sure you have the tracking number once it is on the way Father Christmas. :)

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    GIFTS ORDERED

muahaha

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    An addition for my Santa. Art is all kinds of neat. I'm a big fan of Mondrian, Matisse, Manet, and Hopper to name a few.

Sorry for being a vague gift receiver!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    2 of 3 packages have been received. The last package should arrive tomorrow, I expect a ship out date of 11/28. With delivery by the following week. :D

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Is nice packaging a thing people want/expect? I was going to ship directly from online places to my Santee to make sure they got there on time/save shipping but I don't have to do that

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I think it's generally okay to just send straight to Santee. What I'm doing involves local stuff that correlates with the online ordered stuff, so I thought in that case it would be nice to have it all bundled together.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I think packaging is entirely up to how much time and effort you want to put in. Typically there's action shots of the unboxing/unwrapping, so if you want it to look fancy here you might. Or if they have cats or small children who'd like some wrapping paper...

My santee is proving a formidable challenge. Probably one of the most difficult of the available choices, at least for me. WE're like, the Odd Couple of Secret Santa.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    It's a personal preference thing and a timing thing.
    I prefer to hand-wrap and ship from my location, but that's in part because each year it's been cheaper and faster for me to do it that way, but every year I have done it I received things direct from wherever they were originally ordered. :)
    There isn't really a "better," I don't think, especially if shipping time is a concern.

also damn some of you people move fast
    I'm like, at the point of making my shopping list after a few days of meticulous post stalking

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Anything not meticulously wrapped so that it resembles a miniature elephant goes straight into the bin.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    I'm probably going to be shipping one straight to my Santee but i'm also going to be sending a bit of a personalized thing too so I'm hoping they arrive roughly a few days apart from one another at most.

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    If you have an international Santee, it can make much more sense to ship directly from a vendor located in their country. Which does make it hard to control your packaging. But it can eliminate potential customs issues and simplify shipping headaches.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    If you have an international Santee, it can make much more sense to ship directly from a vendor located in their country. Which does make it hard to control your packaging. But it can eliminate potential customs issues and simplify shipping headaches.

That's what I'm doing. Ordering somethings online from a US store and getting it shipped directly. Then grabbing one or two local flavour items to ship from here.

Hopefully the possums stay fresh.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

That's what I'm doing. Ordering somethings online from a US store and getting it shipped directly. Then grabbing one or two local flavour items to ship from here.

Hopefully the possums stay fresh.

The possums have to be under five pounds or the US Customs Service declares them to be pets rather then food.

• Options
    My santee is proving a formidable challenge. Probably one of the most difficult of the available choices, at least for me. WE're like, the Odd Couple of Secret Santa.

OMG it's me isn't it?

I'm soooo sorry for being difficult. :(

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Pfft, I want the misery of queuing at a crowded post office. It wouldn't be Christmas otherwise

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    Oh, Secret Santa - Do you want me to wait until Christmas to open the presents? If you want me to wait, tell someone else in a PM to tell me, or something like that, if it matters to you. Or put a note on the box or something saying 'Wait until Christmas, you tradition-ignoring hack'.

And Santee - I don't care if you open the ones I've sent, and will be sending, as soon as they arrive - or you can wait until Christmas day. I have no emotional attachment to a particular date.

• Options
    My Santaee has no wishlist or gift post, but I've been their friend for awhile now, so hopefully I don't blow it.

Been stalking like a madman.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I have received a gift! But I do not know who it is from!

• Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Make with the pictures, Hacksaw!

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    gifts are ordered.

• Options
    Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    Jesus, you guys are fast.

XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
  • Options
    Gifts shipping out today.

Santee, feel free to open them ASAP. I look forward to your reaction. :D

Steam
  • Options
    I like the idea of opening whatever my Santa might get me right away but I have a sneaking suspicion that my wife might try and make me wait till Christmas.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Quick note for my Santa, I am unavailable after the 16th.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    Jesus, you guys are fast.

I haven't even checked who my santa IS yet!

• Options
    The package is in the mail.

No idea how long it will take to get to the destination though.

The people at the post office seemed pretty excited about the gift though so, that's a good sign!

• Options
    Attention Santee: Your gift box will arrive on December 4th according to FedEx.

I expect pictures, like, immediately upon arrival. :P

Steam
  • Options
    GIFTS: SENT

dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    santee.

i bought some stuff for you. i need to get some other stuff for the gift to be complete. i don't know what other stuff i should get. this is a facile update.

you'll wait like the bitch you are, and you'll like it.

• Options
    NessticleNessticle Registered User regular
    So for my Santee :)
    Anything Geeky I am a stalker of think geek but afraid to get myself anything
    Clothing 3XL I enjoy quirky shirts not much of a shopper
    Games: I play anything not a handheld I am an old school Retro Gamer (SNES, NES, 360, PS3)
    Beverages: Me and my roommate go on a generic mountain dew spree and have been going up and down Maine. I would be super excited if you could send me your finest Mountain Dew Rip off from grocery stores and shopping centers not in Maine. Our Favorite Mountain Lion.
    Cool 50 cent machine toys
    Metal or good local bands from your area
    Penny-Arcade simple I wouldn't be here without the comic.
    Books: Any
    Gaming Documentaries
    World of Warcraft

Not picky will be excited to get mail that isn't a student Loan bill

Dislikes
    Dubstep

Cheers and Happy Holidays
    -Nessticle-

"I must try to come to a deeper understanding of this trait called 'courage.'" -Apple Kid Earthbound
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »

I don't think it was from this particular Secret Satan-ing, but rather from the one in SE++. Problem is, I have no way of knowing who it was even from, as there's no name or note in the packing.

• Options
    Package sent!

Because I believe anticipation makes things all the more sweeter, @lutra_canadensis, I hope you're home on Friday! :D

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i am eager to see the happy people posts, that is one of the best parts

i wonder if anyone did a riddle, in se satans someone did some goddamn crazy riddles

i did not do riddles, that is too difficult

poo
  • Options
    Jokerman wrote: »

I don't think it was from this particular Secret Satan-ing, but rather from the one in SE++. Problem is, I have no way of knowing who it was even from, as there's no name or note in the packing.

Post pics anyways!

• Options
    Shazkar Shadowstorm is the bestest Santa!

I will share what I got with you all in a few days, after pictures to commemorate the experience have been taken.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Yessss post pictures

Post all of the pictures

• Options
    i am eager to see the happy people posts, that is one of the best parts

i wonder if anyone did a riddle, in se satans someone did some goddamn crazy riddles

i did not do riddles, that is too difficult

I made a super shitty card of a dumptruck with presents in the back