Options

[CYOA] - The Origin of Avian Supremacy - Island Adventure!

• Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    see, where has this Averax been? Because I like this guy.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    zekebeau wrote: »

He's been busy trying to build an entire damn wall by himself. D:

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    jurnerjurner Registered User regular
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    zekebeau wrote: »

He's been busy trying to build an entire damn wall by himself. D:

Averax has my vote, under the condition that you wall in my mansion first, to keep out the ... undesirables. Build Walls.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm not sure we have mansions yet? I was under the impression we have small huts built of wood (since that's what we used to build it). Help Averax start up a quarry on the mineral spots and he'll gladly start constructing mansions. :D

Ohh, and a giant statue in the middle of town. All good towns have giant statues.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Will tally votes now. Hope I don't mess up too much. Shrieking children means I've got a pounding headache

• Options
    Will tally votes now. Hope I don't mess up too much. Shrieking children means I've got a pounding headache

You know what I found helps me with those? Liquor and pot.

Or, ya know... aspirin.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Or, ya know... aspirin.

My liver is apparently made of failure and trombones, and my body can't tolerate alcohol it seems.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Or, ya know... aspirin.

My liver is apparently made of failure and trombones, and my body can't tolerate alcohol it seems.

I like how you say these as two separate thoughts, like they aren't all that related :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Calculate and send me a PM if/when you're ready for other stuff :P

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Retaba wrote: »

"Other stuff"? :winky:

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    So, you guys like to make stuff difficult and tie things, eh? Time for DIE ROLL OF DESTINY! Using this:
    AAAACw50C4kAAAAAARANtw.jpg
    Retaba wrote: »

"Other stuff"? :winky:
    He means video games. Errr, I mean sex

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    Psssh, clearly we should just get to do both, but with a half-assed effort.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Yeah, because catching trees on fire AND asking them what they want makes a LOT of sense :p

• Options
    Yeah, because catching trees on fire AND asking them what they want makes a LOT of sense :p

I'm sure you could manage to concoct a plausible scenario where we somehow manage to do both. ;>_>

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    You know what? why the hell not.

• Options
    I'm not sure we have mansions yet? I was under the impression we have small huts built of wood (since that's what we used to build it). Help Averax start up a quarry on the mineral spots and he'll gladly start constructing mansions. :D

Ohh, and a giant statue in the middle of town. All good towns have giant statues.

... Build a mansion.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Results
    n23
    magic++
    TIE between ask what they want + fight.

Stats:
    Military Ability: 2
    Magical Ability: 5 (+1)
    Political Ability: 2
    Scientific Ability: 0

Resources:
    Food/Water: 1
    Wood: 0
    Minerals: 2
    Population: 69 (+7.5% every odd turn)

IMG_20121111_213235_009.jpg
    Main Settlement @ N28
    Purple Triangles - Wood
    Orange Circles - Minerals
    Green Wiggles - Food

Happenings!
    'SSSSSsssssskkkkyyyyyylinggggggs......What doooo youuu wiiiishhhhhhh of usssssss.?'
    The sound of the flowing voice echoes off the hills, filling you with dread. You feel surrounded. This doesnt seem to be going very well! Everyone stands at the ready, neither side willing to make the first move. Suddenly, the hummingbird scouts land in the middle of the camp.

'WHAT ISSSSS THISSSSSSSS!?' the voice says, sounding almost like a shriek. One of the trees further in the back lumbers towards the hummingbirds. The bodyguards react. Those scouts are their people! They're not going to let a tree kill them! "ATTAAAAACK!" says one of the hawk warriors. The military units leap into action, pecking and clawing at the nearest tree person they can find. It doesn't seem to be doing much. A frustrated grunt echoes from the plants and a huge limb comes crashing down on one of the warriors, breaking his wing and knocking him unconscious. His limp body slides back the way he came.

The mages, however, have much better luck against these...things. Breaking up into teams of two, the mage thrust flings wheel after wheel of searing flame at the treeple. Red-hot scars are cut into the bark of some of the plants. Three die from this onslaught, and the 'leader' has four burning gouges cut into his 'face.'

'ENOOOOOOOOOOUGH!' says the omnipresent voice. Plants stop any movement, and the birds are stunned into immobility. 'We do not wisssssh to quarrel with you, sssssskylingsss. We wished to ssssshare with youuuu.'. The representatives of the giant cocks step forward. "We took the actions of one of yours as hostility towards our scouts. Can we still reach a collaborative agreement?" 'Perhapsssssss' says one of the treeple, sizzling slightly as the red lines in his face cool. 'We are sssssekersssss of knowledge. Will you leave usssss one of your kind to ssssstudy? In return, we will sssssssshare our knowledge with you. No harm will come to himmmmmmm'

Back near town, your mages discover that by holding up the water and then blasting it with air, you can create a temporary bridge! It seems to resist the heat of the sun, so the only thing that would be able to melt it, you think, would be the direct application of heat. You can make an ice bridge up to 6 squares long now. Only one at a time, though!

DECISION TIME!
    Where would you like to explore? (Direction or coordinate works) - 2 sq. max

Actions
    1) Improve Military Abilities
    2) Improve Magical Abilities
    3) Improve Politics
    4) Improve Science
    5) Make reed armor! (-1 wood)
    6) Make spurs! (-1 wood)
    7) Breed (-1 food, +10% population in 2 turns)
    8) Make a wall around the town! (-2 minerals)
    9) Make ice bridge! (from where to where)
    10) Leave the decision to the council stand-ins
    11) Other! - Specify what

Political
    !) Agree to leave a cock behind
    @) Insist that the cock be guarded (leave behind 2 teams of mages with him)
    $) Attack the treeple!
    %) Let the treeple examine the cock, but nobody is leaving
    ^) Other! - Specify what

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    Also, stop making ties! :p

• Options
    m21 / 1 / @

I don't know if conquering someone gives us their knowledge, but letting them study one of us and then conquering them seems like a good benefit if we get what they know first! Secondly, I am concerned about exploration because I think the only reason to do it is to expand to resources and points, but it is going to keep driving us into confrontations that we may not be ready for.

Also, our military got trounced, need to increase it I guess.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    IDEAS FOR THE FUTURE!

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    What? What did you dooo?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Let the treeple examine the cock

Probably the best line ever written

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    L23/1/$ We do not negotiate with TREEORISTS!

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Let the treeple examine the cock

Probably the best line ever written

There are so many puns and innuendos when giant cocks encounter living wood for the first time :winky:

• Options
    M21, 1, $

Our great warriors were not "trounced," though to the layman it may look so. Red Talon had planned for this contingency, and ordered his cocks to be a diversion for the mages. Once our cocks were in the treeple's face, they had no choice but to respond poorly with their branches, opening themselves for the surprise thrust of magical cocks.

Thanks to Red Talon's brillient strategy, 3 treeple lay dead while only a single warrior has suffered minor injuries. We are clearly winning and must press the attack. In respect to our brave warrior's deeds, greater accolates and research in the military arts should be performed.

And nobody inspects our cocks unless they offer a concrete reward. Pfft, knowledge, probably something dumb like the sounds they make if they fall in the woods but noone else is there to hear it.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    1, @

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Explore M21, Averax needs more materials.

Build a wall around the town.

Insist the cock be guarded, gotta use protection mate.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Explore (M21)
    Action (7 - Breed)
    Diplomacy (% - Leave no feather behind)

Also, to get steady a income of resources do we need science to build mines and stuff?

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    Just to let you know, I would have totally been okay had you rolled the mighty dice. Hopefully no more ties but don't feel obligated to make both choices work in the future. As to resources, hoodie has been able to do well with a system of only resources acquired through expansion, but I think the bug ability to harvest really kept that going as well as it has. Just a thought when considering how resources should be harvested.

Also, there is insufficient praise of tough cocks and magic cocks. 3 foes in a single maneuver! Truly, we are lucky to have such leadership as Red Talon leading the thrust.

• Options
    M21, 1, @

Trade now, conquer later. Our warriors were, sadly, pathetic, which must be rectified. I think that'll require actually building weapons as well, so we should find another source of wood ... hmm, can we use the treeple as resources I wonder? Such useful creatures.

• Options
    The treeple will be quite valuable in future campaigns.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Peace treety?

• Options
    Tiphareth wrote: »
    Also, to get steady a income of resources do we need science to build mines and stuff?

This is a good question. Does Averax need to start pushing science upgrades to learn better math/architecture/refining of materials? He can totally get on board with better ways to build things. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Vote closed. Gonna work on figgerin' this stuff out

• Options
    edited November 2012
    NINE

Results
    m21
    military++
    Insist that the cock be guarded

Stats:
    Military Ability: 3 (+1)
    Magical Ability: 5
    Political Ability: 2
    Scientific Ability: 0

Resources:
    Food/Water: 1
    Wood: 0
    Minerals: 3 (+1)
    Population: 75 (+7.5% every odd turn) (+6)

IMG_20121112_174735_957.jpg
    Main Settlement @ N28
    Purple Triangles - Wood
    Orange Circles - Minerals
    Green Wiggles - Food

Happenings!
    The council gathers close. A quick, barely-audible communication can be heard going back and forth between the members. "We shouldn't be negotiating with them! They have resources we want. We have power. Those resources will become ours whether these trees like it or not!" says Red Talon, wishing Dark Shrike was there to back him up. Hopefully his wing would heal soon and they can take to the air again and hunt as friends. Sirfab is next to speak. "These... things may bring us knowledge! Knowledge of the great lizard ances-" "Will you shut up about the 'great lizard?' Now is not the time for superstition! Let's see what happens, and go from there. We are strong enough to stop these things from doing anything stupid, and they may be able to offer us something." Erasmus didn't have anything to say. He felt a little bit strange. He was probably just tired. He would make sure to get plenty of rest when they returned home.

"We have come to a decision. You may examine one of our kind, but not without protection. We will leave fire-throwers here to watch over him. If harm should come to him, they have orders not to stop attacking until either all of you or all of them are dead. Is that understood?"said Red Talon, stepping closer to the treeple. They simply looked down at him."No harm sssssshall come to thisssss one. We keep our word. He will be returned in one light cycle." With that, the council and entourage returned to the town to tell the citizens of what had happened. Dark Shrike was lifted by three bodyguards and carried back. He had regained conciousness, but was unable to use his left wing and was most displeased about it.

As the tale of the encounter was retold back and forth across the town, events became exaggerated. There were 20 trees killed, then 40. There was a whole forest moving against the cocks, and they were all cut down by the might of the mages! Not wanting to be upstaged, the soldier thrust took to practicing twice as much as normal. Townspeople were allowed and encouraged to come to the training and to also take part. For the civilization to survive, the warriors said, everyone needed to be able to protect themselves and their fellow cocks. Many new techniques were attempted, and the most successful one came from the woodpeckers. Using a strong wing flap to send themselves forward, they dug their claws in firmly to some tree trunks set up for practice and buried their beaks in as hard as they could. With a firm first poke, the cocks were able to penetrate the wood rather well. They then reminded everyone that the inside of the tree was much more vulnerable to attacks than the outer shell. With some equipment, more birds could be able to do this. A simple battle helmet would suffice, and could probably be mass produced for one deposit's worth of stone, most likely!

Upon hearing of the woodpeckers' ideas for where to use the stone, Averax became furious. "HONK no! Need walls! HONK! HONK HONK! Help build! We can protect! HONK. Nobody can breach stone walls! HOOOOOONK nobody!"

DECISION TIME!
    Where would you like to explore? (Direction or coordinate works) - 2 sq. max

Actions
    1) Improve Military Abilities
    2) Improve Magical Abilities
    3) Improve Politics
    4) Improve Science
    5) Make reed armor! (-1 wood)
    6) Make spurs! (-1 wood)
    7) Make stone helms! Protection and pecker power! (-1 mineral)
    8) Make a wall around the town! (-2 minerals)
    9) Make ice bridge! (from where to where)
    10) Leave the decision to the council stand-ins
    11) Breed! (+10% population turn after next)
    12) Other! - Specify what

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    Guys guys guys! We can make an ice bridge to the skull!

That has to be a good idea, right??

Steam profile
  • Options
    Kime, watching you come up with things is like giving someone a box of legos and coming back 5 minutes later and they've built some sort of nuclear reactor

• Options
    edited November 2012
    It's not my fault! You left the uranium around, what was I supposed to do!?

Edit: For now, though, I think I'd like some stone helmets. 7[/b] Plus, we have spare mins

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    M20 - Get more minerals

Build a god damn wall.

- Terence McKenna